(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 76.
#501 5 years ago

Hard to think of a more thankless job in this world than producing pinball tables for all you cranky bastards.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not really? I mean, all the Stern mechs and everything are all different from the old ones and there's no existing drawings to work from, plus there's significant changes. It's a clean-sheet design really with all of those. "Inspired by Seawitch" is the best description.

Interesting discussion...I'd guess it DID save a little time and we all know time is money. But yes the whole thing had to be redone basically.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not really? I mean, all the Stern mechs and everything are all different from the old ones and there's no existing drawings to work from, plus there's significant changes. It's a clean-sheet design really with all of those. "Inspired by Seawitch" is the best description.

Significant changes? It's the same layout with some minor adjustments. A decent CAD tech could draw this up in no time. They can cut and paste drop target mech designs from the modern games into this. There's really not much new to be designed here. The spinning disc with a magnet is about the only interesting thing on the whole game.

#504 5 years ago

I wonder if this will pave the way for other 80's classics being released.

#505 5 years ago

Oh my god . . . . . does that suck . . . I'm embarrassed for Stern because I know they won't be. Only Stern could totally screw this up.

I'm a huge Beatle fan, I love pinball and have the money to buy new games but this is just a total failure.

I am so disappointed

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Significant changes? It's the same layout with some minor adjustments. A decent CAD tech could draw this up in no time. They can cut and paste drop target mech designs from the modern games into this.

You've basically described modern pin design. Knowing the layout "works" doesn't really save any whitewood time, you still have to build and test it all, still have to code it, still have to do all the animation and screen work. This isn't Monster Bash. Maybe they saved a day but nothing worth real money.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

People fawning for a Muensters theme, a show that ran from 1964-1966, and saying somehow THIS is appealing to "old" people.

To be fair, Muensters survived (thrived, even) for decades on its cheesiness. The younger generation continues to eat it up.

#508 5 years ago

"Why did they put 60's colors and fonts on a Beatles pin? Don't they know we're not from the 60's?"

My first reaction was, "wtf is this?" for sure. But it's true to it's theme and Stern will definitely sell all of these to their target audience, of which I guess 90% of them aren't on Pinside.

We all think of the black and white 60's Beatles and the later decades in color. 60's fruity color Beatles probably isn't what everyone expected.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Oh my god . . . . . does that suck . . . I'm embarrassed for Stern because I know they won't be. Only Stern could totally screw this up.

We went over this with Supreme.

If this sells out, why would anybody be embarrassed for Stern?

People need to get used to the idea that they have a business plan now that apparently includes selling games to "us" and selling expensive boutique games to "them."

Their ultimate goal is to make profits. If they can do that by selling Deadpools to us yahoos and Beatles to my parents, that's a successful, positive business plan.

As usual, people here need to not take this stuff personally. I don't take it as a personal affront to my pride and dignity when McDonald's pulls the McRib off the menu. You shouldn't take it personally when they make and sell a game you don't like.

#510 5 years ago

I was hoping for so much more. Ugh. Oh well back to the Munsters!

#511 5 years ago

I'm crushed. My only hope is that there are 2 other art packages, but if they both have the same song set forget it. I have hoped for this pin for years and was ready to sell whatever was necessary to get my hands on one. I'm sure when I see the price they're going to charge for this I will just smile and wait to run across one in the wild someday. Someone wake me from this nightmare please!

#512 5 years ago

Pass show me the Munsters!

#513 5 years ago

And again the Rolling Stones is better than the Beatles

#514 5 years ago

You are comparing the Supreme pinball to the Beatles License?

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

To be fair, Muensters survived (thrived, even) for decades on its cheesiness. The younger generation continues to eat it up.

Heh! That's spelling assist for you.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

You are comparing the Supreme pinball to the Beatles License?

No, I'm comparing the rollout, business plan, and pinside reaction.

And don't forget, Supreme was a huge success for Stern.

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You've basically described modern pin design. Knowing the layout "works" doesn't really save any whitewood time, you still have to build and test it all, still have to code it, still have to do all the animation and screen work. This isn't Monster Bash. Maybe they saved a day but nothing worth real money.

How many possible whitewoods would they need to go through to make this? This game has so little new design about it. There's not an interesting bash toy like Groot, or a new feature like the bullseye target from IMDN, or the rotating disc from Batman 66, etc.

Who knows what the screen will be with Stern. It could be a no thrills score display. And don't kid yourself into thinking that this thing will have interesting code. Look at the inserts, it's just starting increased values on playfield features and a 2-ball multiball. They're not making some sort of TSPP level of depth.

All of that is fine by the way, Stern should make a simple game. But it's such a waste of a license and you can clearly tell the license ate up most of the BOM for playfield elements and R&D.

#518 5 years ago

Looking at that machine, I'm reminded of the Family Guy Ipecac scene.

#519 5 years ago

Do we have definitive confirmation on pricing on this game?

#520 5 years ago

Do you really think there were pinsiders hoping and dreaming for a "Supreme" pinball machine like there were for the Beatles?

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Do you really think there were pinsiders hoping and dreaming for a "Supreme" pinball machine like there were for the Beatles?

I don't care. And neither does Stern.

If the project is a success, the butthurt moans of pinside are completely irrelevant. You'd think by now people would understand that.

I'm betting the project will be a success.

#522 5 years ago

im gonna win the lotto tonight then buy every single one of these and _________________ (fill in the blank)

#523 5 years ago

My friend Luca Varriale just uncovered the art for the Platinum version...

4B9B4743-C154-42FC-97FF-097F347A1841.jpeg4B9B4743-C154-42FC-97FF-097F347A1841.jpeg
#524 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't care. And neither does Stern.
If the project is a success, the butthurt moans of pinside are completely irrelevant. You'd think by now people would understand that.
I'm betting the project will be a success.

How much you bet?

#525 5 years ago

At least it looks like they opened up both loop shots making it more fun.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

1969 premium for 7.5k, 250LE for 25k and 100SLE for 50k.

Is this actually true?

#528 5 years ago

While they are at it, Stern should do a Vault Seawitch w/an updated soundtrack in a similar style to Supreme

#529 5 years ago

So why did they wait until 2 days after expo to reveal? Did Stern already have a feeling this was going to go over like a lead balloon with hard core pinball fans?

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We went over this with Supreme.
If this sells out, why would anybody be embarrassed for Stern?
People need to get used to the idea that they have a business plan now that apparently includes selling games to "us" and selling expensive boutique games to "them."
Their ultimate goal is to make profits. If they can do that by selling Deadpools to us yahoos and Beatles to my parents, that's a successful, positive business plan.
As usual, people here need to not take this stuff personally. I don't take it as a personal affront to my pride and dignity when McDonald's pulls the McRib off the menu. You shouldn't take it personally when they make and sell a game you don't like.

The wasted license is personal to many in the hobby. Star Wars and now this.

#531 5 years ago

I’m Too young to understand why this is being made. Stern just age gapped pinball in a big way. This is where the new customers look away for a different hobby.
How do I explain this to children?

#532 5 years ago

First off, Seawitch is a really good game. I also really like the additions that have been added to the layout and having a multiball is a big addition. The artwork is pretty damn ugly though and the colors are a bizzare choice.

If these things were priced like a pro I'd probably get one and I think a lot of people would buy a Beatles gold for $5500. Not for some stupid premium price though. I'm intrigued by an upgraded Seawitch for sure though.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So why did they wait until 2 days after expo to reveal? Did Stern already have a feeling this was going to go over like a lead balloon with hard core pinball fans?

No need to -- they are gonna sell these to beatle maniacs and that's it. They still want everyone else to buy a deadpool.

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this actually true?

I heard pricing in Europe going from 8-35KEUR. Pls note this includes 21% VAT (I hope ...). So lower than above mentioned amounts.

Anyway, guess we will know soon enough. I’m any case, my wallet is safe anyway

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

This is where the new customers look away for a different hobby.

New Customers have a shitload to choose from...this is only 1 game that ins;t being marketed to them anyway

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

No need to -- they are gonna sell these to beatle maniacs and that's it. They still want everyone else to buy a deadpool.

George thinks Deadpool is a hit.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I think Stern learned a long time ago there's no harm in letting others "win" pinball shows.

Why take the abuse? Absolutely zero upside for Stern to show this game at Expo.

#538 5 years ago

"The wasted license is personal to many in the hobby. Star Wars and now this"

Thank you DCFAN, I couldn't have said it better

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

New Customers have a shitload to choose from...this is only 1 game that ins;t being marketed to them anyway

So, can we have a Beatles pin that is marketed to pinball people also? That is the problem right there. Wasted.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

"The wasted license is personal to many in the hobby. Star Wars and now this"
Thank you DCFAN, I couldn't have said it better

you guys ready for harry potter

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

George thinks Deadpool is a hit.

Currently sold out most places while Metallica is run through the line one last time...

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, can we have a Beatles pin that is marketed to pinball people then? That is the problem right there. Wasted.

A valid complaint.

#543 5 years ago

Just saw the pictures in the thread, horrific artwork.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I heard pricing in Europe going from 8-35KEUR. Pls note this includes 21% VAT (I hope ...). So lower than above mentioned amounts.
Anyway, guess we will know soon enough. I’m any case, my wallet is safe anyway

If that's true (and I believe you heard something along those lines), then I'm rooting harder than ever for Deeproot Pinball to step into the arena and fulfill their promise of charging less. This past weekend they said they would "love to get prices lower than any pinball company has done." I'd love to see them step in and plop a giant stinking dukie in the middle of this cash grab insanity being driven by Stern.

Who's making "Team Deeproot" T-shirts???

Stern... ARGH!!!!!!!

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Currently sold out most places while Metallica is run through the line one last time...

Don't believe it is sold out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-pinballs-1

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The wasted license is personal to many in the hobby. Star Wars and now this.

Star Wars is a great game and the Premium has a nice amount of features. Also, it’s the only one that I know of that has differenct plastics for all three models.

#547 5 years ago

Just watched the video of this turd and I think I’d rather have Thunderbirds

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

lol i forgot about thunderbirds

#549 5 years ago

I think they didn't show at Expo because there's no approved video work yet. The last screen that shows "It Won't Be Long" looks like it might be a screen from the LCD. The game will have an LCD, it just isn't shown in this teaser.

My first thought was, yikes, not for me. But I'm a purist. Part of what makes Seawitch a great game is the context in which it was made, and playing it brings you back to that basic gameplay.

But hey now Stern has ordered tons of drop mechs and other parts, maybe it means a Seawitch vault could happen. Probably not, but I can dream.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Obviously you have never played T-Bird the turd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/11?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.