(Topic ID: 223791)

The Beatles Ka-Pow/Stern Pinball (CONFIRMED) pictures and videos..

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,763 posts
  • 460 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in on The Beatles Pinball?”

• Yes! 59 votes
    9%
  • No! 531 votes
    80%
  • Maybe? 70 votes
    11%

(660 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3677 (resized).jpg
IMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193735 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190724_193711 (resized).jpg
66B6B38F-1131-44F5-B099-DB88923705A0 (resized).jpeg
C7DED5D0-D5B8-4EA2-A07F-F265EDBD814E (resized).jpeg
613BB3A7-5F6C-4036-A45D-21FCF6A17E7F (resized).jpeg
FBFB1FAF-4A7E-4EA4-B6E5-341054AC3D86 (resized).jpeg
345D99BE-6EE6-465E-8E00-1B6F6932DB1F (resized).jpeg
031A6E8D-9F1D-4A3B-9A2E-6145E644C259 (resized).jpeg
Today (resized).PNG
40 days ago (resized).jpg
80 days ago (resized).png
IMG_0012 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Hopefully about $6000 cash.

Damn. That's cold. Funny as fuck, but cold.

Oooooooooooooo!

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Is there a LCD screen? I didn't see one....

Yeah you just missed it, the rest of us clearly saw the LCD screen.

#453 5 years ago

Also, similar to GOTG at launch, does this only have like, what, 5 F'ing songs? (See text over inserts)

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

maybe a multiball.

2-ball MB is one of the inserts.

#454 5 years ago

Seawitch with added features? Could be tons of fun to play. Will be hard to justify at the inevitable price though.

#455 5 years ago

I wasn't in in Beatles, but this "could" be a fun game. Depends on price point.

Seawitch with some cool additions could be a blast...

#456 5 years ago

ONLY 100 DIAMOND EDITION GAMES
ONLY 250 PLATINUM EDITION GAMES
ONLY 1614 GOLD EDITION GAMES
ONLY 1964 GAMES IN TOTAL

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Seawitch with added features? Could be tons of fun to play. Will be hard to justify at the inevitable price though.

Saving my pennies for the Vault Edition

#458 5 years ago

Personally I think the theme is awesome. Problem I have is the game looks FUGLY. What a horrible design. I sure hope Munsters is better than this...

#459 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4650172"I bet this will have some things in it you can't recognize from the video, maybe a multiball.

There is a two ball Multiball insert on the PF.

#460 5 years ago

There's a reason it wasn't shown at Expo...

They didn't want all the first-person bad press.....

#461 5 years ago

1969 premium for 7.5k, 250LE for 25k and 100SLE for 50k.
Enjoy
Sincerely I really like the colorful artwork that matchs perfectly the 60’s
But, I have no interest in classsic game and more for at least 7.5k

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

So I'm guessing all the people who are always bitching saying "the theme sucks" for these newer games already has a deposit down on this one? It's the Beatles, this is the cream of the crop theme, I mean come on it's gonna sell out for sure.
I guess theme isn't always everything, and sometimes it's just how the game plays that really sells it? Nah, it's 100% theme based when it comes to purchasing decisions.

Nice straw man, yeah there are a tons of people here that are saying that the only thing that matters in a pinball machine is the theme . . . I know it's hard for some people to understand but most people want both a theme they like and a good game. Gee, when I type it out like that it doesn't seem that complicated after all.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

When I first saw it I thought it looked kind of cool, ...

Always 5 o'clock somewhere

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Also, similar to GOTG at launch, does this only have like, what, 5 F'ing songs? (See text over inserts)

2-ball MB is one of the inserts.
[quoted image]

good eye.

Either a magnet lock or a lock hole behind a drop target bank. I bet an actual physical lock like Supreme.

#466 5 years ago

Changes from original Seawitch I've noticed

A magnet at the top of the playfield
Spinning disc with magnet
Mystery reward standup on lower left next to 3 bank of drops
Super jackpot standup on lower left behind 3 bank of drops
Skinny standups near the loops entrances
One additional spinner (that looks kinda worthless) on the left
A few modes inserts including a 2 ball multiball and some spinner/loop/drops scoring modes

#467 5 years ago

Ka-Pow right in the nuts!

#468 5 years ago

Looks to be a two ball multiball like Yoko2una mentioned above, plus a Super Jackpot shot behind the drops on the left.

MB (resized).PNGMB (resized).PNGSuper (resized).PNGSuper (resized).PNG
#469 5 years ago

def a reason they didnt show this at expo

#470 5 years ago

I know the lyrics to practically every Beatles song...I definitely won't be singing along to this machine.

Such a tremendous letdown.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Looks to be a two ball multiball like yoko2una mentioned above, plus a Super Jackpot shot behind the drops on the left.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bet that's also a ball lock like lil deadpool / supreme.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Is there a LCD screen? I didn't see one....

Not sure, looks like it includes plenty of LSD..

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Seems to me they noticed the recent love for Seawitch, saw the love for TNA, and missed the fucking point.

so spot on, it deserves to be quoted again!!!

LOFL!!!

#474 5 years ago

They need to change it to SG (Super Gross) editions...

#475 5 years ago

Here are the games customers https://thebeatlesstore.com

#476 5 years ago

Stern really knows how to waste the biggest licenses this decade.

#477 5 years ago

Besides loop magnet and the super jackpot target behind the lower L drops, they also:
- significantly changed the geometry of the posts above and to the sides of each sling: original seawitch has post clusters that extend over the top of the sling -- Beatlewitch gets rid of that, opening up the outlane area more like a modern Stern.
- Part of the change above is to add a wide Mystery standup above the L sling.
- Added a standup near the entrance to the L loop.

I'm disappointed they didn't show off the upper flipper shooting and looping the loop - I was curious to see if they'd fixed it to make it more loopable.

#478 5 years ago

I noticed it has a special insert. I would hope that means you can win credits, which means it will have a coin door. That or it's probably a token amount of points...

#479 5 years ago

Looks like a great collectible for rich old Beatles fans. There’s a reason it was revealed immediately after Expo but not at Expo: it’s not meant for “us.” Don’t think Stern cares too much about the Pinside take on this one. I’d expect a Munsters reveal soon to placate “us.”

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I actually bet that's a ball lock like lil deadpool / supreme.

Looks like the ball gets diverted by the rising drops under the plastic, behind the Mystery target, and out to the left inlane. Unless there's an up-post in there, I bet the lock is virtual.

#481 5 years ago

I actually really like the art work on this. It's definitely a throwback in terms of looks. The new stuff we're seeing on tables just wouldn't fit well with the Beatles them.

Little disappointed that it's not a new design. But maybe the theme cost so much to license that it caused them to make that decision.

#482 5 years ago

And that, folks, is what you call a "Why Even Bother?" license.

See also Scooby Doo.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Looks like a great collectible for rich old Beatles fans. There’s a reason it was revealed immediately after Expo but not at Expo: it’s not meant for “us.” Don’t think Stern cares too much about the Pinside take on this one. I’d expect a Munsters reveal soon to placate “us.”

I think it's also just as likely Apple Corps didn't want to launch at a pinball expo. That said, I'm surprised a Stern youtube video is the reveal and not like a Rolling Stone magazine or something else more likely to get the attention of Beatles fans.

#484 5 years ago

With the Beatles theme, it could be a box of lights and it would still sell out. One thing we know, it will shoot well.

Didn't Joe K. say it wouldn't be priced exorbitantly in his interview?

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

It's definitely a throwback in terms of looks.

I'm with you. Throw it back.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

But maybe the theme cost so much to license that it caused them to make that decision.

Not to stop the hatefest or anything, but there's no cost savings for that - even if the layout is basically Seawitch it's still a new design from scratch. Also there's notable differences, so this is a full game design situation.

#487 5 years ago

So are there 3 different art packages? That’s what I thought I had heard to differentiate each version.

#488 5 years ago

Supreme for septuagenarians.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So are there 3 different art packages? That’s what I thought I had heard to differentiate each version.

A black and white Ed Sullivan Show Edition would be pretty cool

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not to stop the hatefest or anything, but there's no cost savings for that - even if the layout is basically Seawitch it's still a new design from scratch. Also there's notable differences, so this is a full game design situation.

Still it probably really helps to have a good starting point to modify from then starting from scratch

I think they know this will be for Beatles fans first, pinball fans maybe. They designed an easy and intuitive looking game for non-players

#491 5 years ago

So what is the price for this, $3000?

#492 5 years ago

Not a fan of single layer games or EM’s, pretty much anything before 1993, but I’m happy for another title and this should satisfy a lot of people’s interest. Congratulations

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Supreme for septuagenarians.

It is appropriate, they got lots of money and used to play on classic game.

#494 5 years ago

Stern, lately you have been on a pretty good roll--sort of. You just fell off the tracks with this one--major bummer!

#495 5 years ago

I long for the days when Stern was making games like TSPP and LOTR. Put the darn kitchen sink back in!

#496 5 years ago

Perhaps they're going with a strategy used in the past. Make the ugliest version the most limited as it will sell to the price-is- no-object collector of rarities. Make the best looking the least expensive to move the games.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Not a fan of single layer games or EM’s, pretty much anything before 1993, but I’m happy for another title and this should satisfy a lot of people’s interest. Congratulations

I think Stern should absolutely make a single layer game with the approachability of an EM or early SS. Just don't straddle it with a crazy expensive license that will make it DOA.

#498 5 years ago

People fawning for a Muensters theme, a show that ran from 1964-1966, and saying somehow THIS is appealing to "old" people.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Still it probably really helps to have a good starting point to modify from then starting from scratch

Not really? I mean, all the Stern mechs and everything are all different from the old ones and there's no existing drawings to work from, plus there's significant changes. It's a clean-sheet design really with all of those. "Inspired by Seawitch" is the best description.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:People fawning for a Muensters theme, a show that ran from 1964-1966, and saying somehow THIS is appealing to "old" people.

they ran re-runs for decades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread/page/10?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.