(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,093 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by beltking
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rebelguitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Mine arrived Wednesday. It’s really fast and the ball times are fairly short. Songs/modes are selectable. Great animations. I love it, it’s a nice change from the other games in my collection.

4D3CA9BE-F8D6-4F5C-ACC8-8E731892E195 (resized).jpeg4D3CA9BE-F8D6-4F5C-ACC8-8E731892E195 (resized).jpeg
#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is friggin cool, do the heads bobble when titling?

Yes!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Beatles are arriving Friday! Anyone else get theirs this week?

Congrats. I've put a little over 100 games on mine already.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

wow, you've had it a week right? Best score so far?

BD02DA3B-3DD4-4BF5-B6A0-CD606E677744 (resized).jpegBD02DA3B-3DD4-4BF5-B6A0-CD606E677744 (resized).jpeg
#58 5 years ago

Cheap and easy mods that really fill the space in the back. I borrowed this idea from Franchi.

DSC08714 (resized).JPGDSC08714 (resized).JPG
#76 5 years ago

There are 4 skill shots.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So medium plunge to right flipper then left loop? Kind of a combo skill shot.
What’s the 4th skill shot, I think I posted the other two.

Short plunge=skill shot worth 10k

Medium plunge to upper right flipper and make the loop=super skill shot worth 25k

Plunge to the top of the orbit to drain into the pops=super duper skill shot worth 100k

Plus there’s a super secret skill shot I’ll let you find.

#98 5 years ago

New code with Wizard mode added;

V1.08 - December 13, 2018
=======================
- Song Super Jackpot shot now scores a sneak-in bonus if it is made while at least 1 of the FAB targets is still up.
- Added display effect for secret skill shot
- Added Taxman multiball - enabled when all songs have reached level 5 (All My Loving requires 3 jackpots)
- Song selection is allowed from the flipper buttons as long as the ball is detected in the shooter lane.
- Beatlemania multiball now defaults to 3 balls, Taxman multiball defaults to 4 balls.
- Record stops spinning when entering test mode

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Anyone thinking of adding a shaker motor?

I did. It’s incorporated well.

3 weeks later
#125 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Two simple questions? How do I specifically advance to a new song during a ball? How do I advance the drop targets? Thanks!

Once your current mode is over, knock down the 7 Fab Four targets and shoot the loop.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Thanks, Is the mode over when the song is over?

Yes, a timer will run out ending the mode. Then either "Can't Buy Me Love" or "Taxman" plays until you start another mode (or drain). After a mode is over, you can collect the jackpot for that mode by hitting the target behind the FAB drop targets.

During any mode or between modes, you can knock down all 11 drop targets to light extra ball.

Play through all 5 modes, shoot the loop, and "Hard Day's Night" multiball starts. If you complete all 5 modes, (5 song levels for each song, except "All My Loving", which you need to get 3 jackpots to complete) you'll get "Taxman" multiball.

I think this is all correct. Hope it helps.

2 weeks later
#135 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do you have a link to where you bought these?

I bought them off eBay & Amazon.

1 week later
#144 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone know how you get an add a ball during MB?
I’ve done it a few times but have no idea what I did

Get your mystery target lit by hitting both Light Mystery targets located near each spinner, then collect it during a multiball. The first mystery award given during a mb is an add-a-ball.

#156 5 years ago
3ED56891-93A5-4582-939A-CACAC5FEA152 (resized).jpeg3ED56891-93A5-4582-939A-CACAC5FEA152 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#200 5 years ago

Taxman MB finally and a helluva score!

B15CEA3D-9AC4-4972-BC0E-23DBA76CEF31 (resized).jpegB15CEA3D-9AC4-4972-BC0E-23DBA76CEF31 (resized).jpegEA5A5D33-562D-4660-9D09-506D8F0C2FF8 (resized).jpegEA5A5D33-562D-4660-9D09-506D8F0C2FF8 (resized).jpeg
10 months later
#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could find one. I have the platinum and don’t care much for the backglass art - I like the gold better with the band, game name and drum more visible. Was hoping to get the topper to add some of that art to the front of the machine, but it’s been hard to find one so far.
I did find a gold translite for $120. Figured I can sub that out and then store the original platinum for safe keeping.

Flipper Fidelity sells both translites for 79.95 each;
https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-store/translites/

10 months later
#853 3 years ago

I was watching the Pinball Expo making of the Beatles and coder Dean Grover said he programmed each guy’s birthday into the code. So if you have the topper, the LED behind their head flashes on their birthday. Also, there are more callouts by that particular Beatle on that day.

#862 3 years ago

No way they’ll add any new music. I’d be surprised if they add the DJ Mixer.
I’d like to see a Spinner Champ or Loop Champ.

11 months later
#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I think I’m hearing the same sound that is played on the Munsters catapult count down and bonus. Is that Franchi doing the call outs?

Bruce Morrow “Cousin Brucie” did the callouts.

From Stern’s Website;
The game also features iconic introductions by Ed Sullivan along with custom speech and callouts by Hall of Fame disk jockey, Cousin Brucie. Cousin Brucie introduced The Beatles at New York’s Shea Stadium in 1965.

1 month later
#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK so it seems that new code 1.20 has dropped as of yesterday. It mostly has Insider Connected compatibility in it, but do we even know if a retrofit kit is available for Beatles? Everything that I have seen so far indicates that the IC retrofit kits that are out there now will not fit the Beatles, and that a game-specific kit was to be made later on at some point.
Anyone have any info regarding this?

Shouldn't the Prem kit fit?

2f5381_1fb39dc06f92452cb3152e760e3554d9~mv2 (resized).jpeg2f5381_1fb39dc06f92452cb3152e760e3554d9~mv2 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

In actuallity, it seems to me that after the recent code update that the super duper skill shot is kind of hit or miss. It used to be that it would hit every time (I have an SD card with the previous code on it, and it works like it's supposed to), but now, not so much. I'm wondering if the code was changed on this, like a timing issue on when the optos are crossed and the top bumper is hit.

Don’t forget to find the secret 4th skill shot.

3 months later
#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I haven't because last I read there was some confusion about whether the alternate music SD cards would work if the code was updated. Has there been a definite conclusion on that?

You can still swap out the SD card with the alternate music. You’ll be on the old code when running the alternate and on the new code with the factory SD card. Make sure you swap them with the game off, the node boards will update each time you swap.

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I may be incorrect, but I remember reading in another thread about the node boards not being backwards compatible.
I forget where, but another spike 2 game with custom code (I'm gonna guess gotg) I read that once the node boards are updated if you revert to an older downgrade you could potentially brick them.
Can someone else with more knowledge chime in, as I would hate to see someone brick a game by accident.

A friend of mine has his up to date but still swaps out SD cards to play the alt music. It does revert back but he hasn’t had any problems. But I guess there’s always a risk.
There’s new video footage on the recent update. I don’t know why anyone would not prefer to have all the latest fixes and additions.

8 months later
#1815 1 year ago

Two of my favorite games. Getting ready to put them in a new spot so they can stay side by side.

A0C181DF-6102-4257-AD5A-357A0F710BD1 (resized).jpegA0C181DF-6102-4257-AD5A-357A0F710BD1 (resized).jpeg
#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

My previous high for three games in a row was 84 million. This week I had back-to-back games of 40 and 42 million followed by 18.6 million. A three-game total of over 100,000,000. That was fun! Of course the game immediately preceding those was 2.6M . The 42M was a double-Taxman multiball game. I've only done that two or three times in several years of playing nothing but Beatles.
[quoted image]

Do you have your extra ball setting to where if it’s lit and you drain, it stays lit on the next ball?

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

The only extra ball setting I changed from factory is from maximum three to unlimited. However, the extra ball light does stay on after a drain. Maybe that's part of the unlimited setting?

Yes. That’s too easy a setting imo.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

No problem with your opinion. Mine is that a limited extra ball setting is for arcades where they're trying to get customers to put in more money. In a home setting it's all about what makes it more fun. That's why the games allow you to change settings. For me, a twenty-minute game where the wizard modes kick in is a lot more fun than a frustrating 3-minute game with no HELP or Taxman multiballs. The main point is that I am not competing against anyone but myself, so my scores are all relevant to whether I am achieving high scores or not. And, "easy" or not, no one else playing on my pin is scoring in five figures except my wife who has had a couple of 10M games. My high score was two years ago, so it's not like there is no challenge. Still have to earn the extra balls even when they are unlimited in number. I am pretty sure there are situations where I do not get to play all the extra balls awarded. I just haven't been able to put my finger on what causes that.
And... I probably don't have the skill you have, so whatever keeps me playing is good.

You just post these crazy high scores all the time, so I was just curious. I agree its fun to progress through games and see wizard modes, etc. I just don't see the point of posting the scores for others to see.
If its not challenging for you at this point, that's when you should make the settings tougher. Have you tried Insider Connected? There's 51 achievements to try for that's a lot of fun.

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

I personally like seeing these super high scores, it gives me something to shoot for. If I can get to those numbers I'll probably post as well, you have to tell someone and my family couldn't care less. As for the extra ball, I set mine for the maximum number and have it set to hold the extra ball when lit light after a drain. I also have special set to extra ball. It makes the game more fun and it still keeps things challenging. it definitely doesn't take away from the achievement of a 40million point game.
I'd also add that I've avoided insider connected. The re-themes for this game are what keep it fresh and you can't use them with insider connected installed - at least that's what's been reported. I would take the re-themes over Insider Connected.

To me that's no different than changing your settings to a 5 or 10 ball game. I see the fun side of it, but I find it the opposite of challenging. I don't think you're helping to improve your skills.

The custom songs packages are cool too.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

For some reason to me game setting snobbery is like a fart in an elevator...sure you can but everyone thinks it smells...so should you?

I’ve had to adjust mode timer settings on Houdini until I got a better feel for the shots.
I’ve set games to 5-ball to be able to experience certain modes. I’m all for it. I just don’t celebrate those scores.

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

looking for a beatles topper. let me know what you got.

There's one for sale in Flip N Out Vault section of their site; https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/vault
I'll refrain from posting the price to avoid any downvotes.

1 month later
#1853 11 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Pinside MarketPlace is showing 2 toppers for sale from different sellers, starting at $2500 and up. What is up with these pricks?
Don't buy.

Curious what you think one is worth? They haven’t been made in three years.

#1861 11 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I am not interested in inflating the scalper market or engaging those who try to con people. It's distateful for any hobby. A reaonable price for a non functional piece of plastic flair is not too much to ask. 2700 OBO nah, I could get a brand new Gibson Flying V.

Who’s trying to con people? Your original comment was calling the sellers pricks which seems harsh. A reasonable price to you may be a deal to someone else looking.
And I agree, a new guitar is a better choice!

3 weeks later
#1933 10 months ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Finally was able to add a Beatles to my collection...love it!
[quoted image]

Beautiful collection! Now get those windows covered!

6 months later
#2056 3 months ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Na uw

How do you know if the machine date is correct?

You can set the time and date in the menu under Utilities.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rebelguitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=rebelguitars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.