(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have one coming from the last run and was hoping it was more tastefully integrated like the last B66 was. At this point a purple sticker to cover the red around the reader would help. That red is a just super out of place with the colors on the machine. I would be tempted to move it to the coin door but then wouldn’t have the original art piece to put in its place.

I wonder if Stern actually made it to 1964 units. Selling the first 1,000 in mixed 10 pack cases to distributors was pretty fast because dists wanted those platinum and diamonds in the case pack, but then distributors were stuck with a lot of golds that were left over, so sales really slowed down. I know some that were closing them out at around $6k on the DL. So I find it hard to believe they were able to sell 964 more golds without the benefit of any diamond or platinums to help sales to dists.

We'll probably never know, but it would be an interesting data point.

1 month later
#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just set it up and played a few games. Great game. No jukebox mode in this one?
[quoted image]

Beatles doesn't have any complete songs. I think they're all capped at 45 seconds or something if I remember right.

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah I hate those cheap yellow cards! Do a forum search for ‘custom apron cards’. On the first page is a link for all games. Beatles has a few to choose from. I just put the 2 images in a flash drive and brought it to my local fed ex printing shop and had them print them on glossy card stock.

Here's a couple I made a few years ago after Paul's interview where he talked about his and John's "special" relationship...

EDIT: Fixed the mistake pointed out and made a version with and a version without the hard flag border so you can do a more pastel-y one if you want.

Click on them to get the full-res PDF that's printable.
Beatles Instruction Card-nohardborder.pdfBeatles Instruction Card-nohardborder.pdfBeatles Instruction Card.pdfBeatles Instruction Card.pdfBeatles Free Play Card.pdfBeatles Free Play Card.pdf

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Very nice looking, but you have "Drop 1-196-4 targets ..." on there twice!
Does the red contrast with the pastels color scheme?

Fixed it. Made those 3 years ago and you're the first person that mentioned the duplication of that line!

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanparr:

Just picked up Beatles Gold and happy to join the club!
Questions for all you fine folks.
1. Does your machine have two different colors of Gold for the powder-coated armor (pictured). The playfield armor is noticallby lighter than the legs and front amor. I found it odd that Stern would do this. Let me know in the comments if this is normal (yours has this too) or should I be contacting Stern about this.

Stern still dribbling out all that leftover WWE LE parts stock.

(I would definitely be calling Stern)
beatles-mismatch (resized).jpgbeatles-mismatch (resized).jpg

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Ooof! That looks exactly what it is.
[quoted image]

I also admire Stern's loving attention to detail with the black cabinet screw to hold on the mustard gold WWE LE rail (partially obscured under the lockdown bar in that mismatch picture). Couldn't be bothered to use a color-matched cabinet screw.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanparr:

Now, I'm curious if everyone's has black screws with the matching set? Or is that another issue with mine?!

Promo pics were black screws, so you're not alone.

6 months later
#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yet another broken drop target ledge plastic during a game. Anyone want to make a non-breakable version out of a better material? Stern obviously won’t do it. I would definitely buy a set and I’m sure many others would too.
[quoted image]

I made replacements out of scrap nylon pieces I had laying around. None of my okie-joe ledges have broken since.

Stern made these thinner starting with Game of Thrones, probably to save a tenth of a penny per. They are much more fragile than they used to be.

#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Chas at Stern (RIP) told me a few years ago that he was trying to convince the engineers to make these parts better (or source better ones) but was unsuccessful. That’s just sad for such a cheap part.

Yeah, it's just the unfortunate nature of the investor profit-driven focus at Stern since they bought in. Relentless cost-reduction that sometimes goes too far. Usually (cabinets come to mind) they back off if they've reduced so far stuff is falling apart or dying in the field, but sometimes (coil stops, target ledges) they do not and figure they're cheap enough people will take care of it themselves. Sucks, but what're you gonna do when they are THE market for pinball?

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can anyone 3D print a ledge that is better than what stern gives us?

Given the abuse they take, I would think 3D printed you'd have to print it out of at least nylon or maaaaybe PETG for it to hold up.

1 month later
#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

I had the exact same issue the other night.
[quoted image]

Send the picture off to [email protected] and maybe [email protected] on the off chance they'll fix it. It's in a pretty visible place, so maaaaybe?

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.