(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1340 2 years ago

Hello all - seriously contemplating getting a NIB Beatles gold edition. only been into pinball for a year and I currently have MET, LZ, GNR, and Rush - all newer style games. Also a big fan of the early Beatles, how are owners feeling about this game after owning it for a while? Long term replay value w enough variety of shots ect? Is it a nice change of pace for a guy who loves Rock pins? I tried Halloween to mix things up and ended up hating it, but i think it would maybe be nice to have an old school style game, no? Never played an EM, but something intrigues me about the Beatles simple layout… Someone Talk me into buying this thing haha!

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You played one on location Halloween? I will be honest, if you played it and don’t really like it I would pass. If you played Beatles and like the simplicity, speed, short ball times and can chuckle and smile after a bad game and want to hit start again it is for you.
Folks who tell me “I played Beatles and didn’t really get into it. Can you show me on yours what I am missing?” I just tell them “no I don’t think I can. It’s probably just not for you.”
I love me some sterns and CGC and own them but love playing my friends EM’s and SS games. You should play some. I say Beatles is like a EM or Early 80’s SS on steroids.
Just my opinion.

Appreciate the comments. I owned Halloween for a few weeks and sold it to put towards Rush. Gameplay just wasn’t for me. I’m struggling with the 9k price of a NIB Beatles but it’s the final run but it does have its unique charm.

#1347 2 years ago

I played the Beatles a couple weeks ago - just one game but thought it was fun. Yeah never had the chance to play Halloween before buying it.

#1352 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments....I'll be bringing a Beatles gold home tomorrow and am psyched. Will fit great in my lineup.

#1355 2 years ago

Just set it up and played a few games. Great game. No jukebox mode in this one?

A6FFCE13-F0DA-4B35-8B4A-C0B2D3DE2314 (resized).jpegA6FFCE13-F0DA-4B35-8B4A-C0B2D3DE2314 (resized).jpeg
#1357 2 years ago

Damn…Prob due to the licensing. Rush has it coming.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

John-Floyd - How are you liking your Beatles? Do you find it fun and a nice change of pace?

Thrilled with it to be honest. Love the open playfield and the overall vibe of the game. It's an absolute blast and fits my lineup well. Adding some speaker lights tonight and am also thinking about adding pinstadiums for the UV flash. Saw that in Zachs' SDTM youtube stream and thought it looked great! Very happy with this game.

#1361 2 years ago

Added some speaker lights, Backbox and cab LEDs, and new apron cards to start. Subwoofer arrives on Sunday. Sadly the Official topper is impossible to get at a ‘reasonable price’ but I’m on the hunt. Also Looking at a new shooter rod. Nothing but positive things to say on this one.

34F62B91-B756-4B1D-BB4C-DC073C497D04 (resized).jpeg34F62B91-B756-4B1D-BB4C-DC073C497D04 (resized).jpeg8629B30C-1270-426D-89DB-48EB0521F9A9 (resized).jpeg8629B30C-1270-426D-89DB-48EB0521F9A9 (resized).jpeg
#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Those look great! Where did you get them? I would love to add them to my game!
Thanks
Ed

Yeah I hate those cheap yellow cards! Do a forum search for ‘custom apron cards’. On the first page is a link for all games. Beatles has a few to choose from. I just put the 2 images in a flash drive and brought it to my local fed ex printing shop and had them print them on glossy card stock.

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Love that you only have, and have only had, band pins in your collection. Badass. Congrats on your Beatles! It slowly keeps climbing up my list of all time favorite games. It just seems to be the purest, pinball-est game I have owned. I played it for a good while yesterday and finishing the mode, dropping the FAB targets, and cashing that jackpot will never get old. Ding ding ding ding!

Rock pins are what works for me. Never get old IMO. I did however own Halloween for 3 weeks but it just wasn’t for me. Lesson learned in that one.

PinMonk - yeah licensing must have been outrageously expensive - took them 10 years to lock it down, so I’m just happy with what we got. Full songs would be ideal, but it’s not like they were that long anyway haha - most tracks are only 2-3mins. Just love the way the game plays.

#1371 2 years ago

Swapped in 3 purple lights for the back and it adds the Perfect amount of color back there. Still on the fence on the pinstadiums as it may be overkill….

6207ECB7-CE23-40DA-BE12-22DB0E598620 (resized).jpeg6207ECB7-CE23-40DA-BE12-22DB0E598620 (resized).jpeg
#1385 2 years ago

Just received my Beatles with IC from the last run about a week ago. Thankfully, No variance in the gold on mine - that would drive me nuts!

Gonna swap out the pink for blue or purple on my flippers. Not much of a fan of the Pink.

Did add a purple trough light - may tone it down a tad, but it does look sharp in person

A004DC43-CDF5-42E3-AE16-338AD15A24B6 (resized).jpegA004DC43-CDF5-42E3-AE16-338AD15A24B6 (resized).jpeg

#1390 2 years ago
E0D044DC-B82A-4934-A468-D2B098B9E9DC (resized).jpegE0D044DC-B82A-4934-A468-D2B098B9E9DC (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1420 2 years ago

Love my Beatles! Mines been getting steady play from our group since I got it a month ago. Addictive and fun and there’s a special charm to that old school layout that compliments my modern Rock pins nicely. The simple and easy to grasp rule set is badass as well.

2 months later
#1475 1 year ago

Ordered one this morning…is installing some video a PITA? Never tried the process before…

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Here's video. Plays about 30 mins before it loops. Lots of different show and concert footage.

Perfect - Well done. Looking forward to this!

2 months later
#1514 1 year ago

Just did a nice cleaning and wax on my Beatles and while at it, I added a dab of WD40 to the spinners using a Q-tip. This added approx 20% more spins and helps a ton. My spinner champ score is now rising steadily. Man what a fun game this is!

2 weeks later
#1524 1 year ago

Hold down both flipper buttons and you can cycle over to “classic mode”.

#1526 1 year ago

Great game but the music definitely gets stale and repetitive- really wish it had full tunes and more of them, but licensing was just too expensive. I’m afraid to try those sound mods out there.

#1527 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07191-pindefender-in-metallic-purple

Went with regular Purple for the Beatles - very happy with these protectors. Install is easy as can be. Good stuff!

68FC65BC-D04D-4969-A291-E0C120A1BB61 (resized).jpeg68FC65BC-D04D-4969-A291-E0C120A1BB61 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1538 1 year ago

Latest one on pinside sold for $1,500 previous one was $1,250. I’ve been looking for one but can’t spend a crazy amount of money on one. Pm me if you are going to sell - maybe we can make a deal. Thanks!

#1541 1 year ago

Anyone looking to sell a topper please PM me - been looking for months.

thank you.

1 month later
#1567 1 year ago

Great week for my Beatles. After almost a year of searching, I Finally found a Beatles Topper - Huge thank you to the kind fellow pinsider for making that deal happen! Also had that airball saver piece powder coated purple as I hated that unfinished Steel look. Love this game.

72A075E7-DB2D-4D8F-AC4B-E83D4940FB23 (resized).jpeg72A075E7-DB2D-4D8F-AC4B-E83D4940FB23 (resized).jpegB07E2AA4-02EF-454A-929E-EA4C23D2DD6D (resized).jpegB07E2AA4-02EF-454A-929E-EA4C23D2DD6D (resized).jpeg
#1569 1 year ago

Oh I would be publicly shamed for for the price I paid, but I don’t care. I wanted it, I worked for it, and I bought it! Too hard to find to pass up. Completes the game and I’m thrilled!

3 weeks later
#1589 1 year ago

These only work on non IC games, correct?

2 weeks later
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I mean zero disrespect for this title. Actually never played it. I was just curious as to why so few people talk about the Beatles pin. Is it boring, weak code, or something else? It doesn't seem to get any love and respect.

Probably not much talk about lately cause its a niche game and has been out for a while so any hype is prob minimal at this point. My Beatles gets played constantly by me and my buddies. Code is great - simple, direct, and fun. It is an excellent competition game as it is fast as hell and the games are very quick. Safe to say you are doing well if you can last even 5 mins on one ball. Got mine NIB for $7,500 exactly a year ago and still very happy with it. The only negative is that that there aren't full tunes and the music does get repetitive. Other than that, it is a fun old-school style game. Very happy to have it in my lineup.

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This pin works better in a bigger collection that a small one.
It’s a game you can’t play everyday. You will get bored and tired of the game quick. It’s a great/fun game to play…just not all the time.
Think of it like a classic car. You take it out for the car shows and occasional Sunday drive.

Gotta disagree with ya - this game is such

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What size game room do people think this game will fit in?
My opinion, under 5, the game doesn’t belong. If you have 8 and up, this game will fit perfectly.

I have 5 pins and this one is played just as much as all my others

1 week later
#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

I did sound on the game and Dean Grover who passed away a couple of weeks ago did the code. He said they play 12/10-12/27. It randomly plays a Christmas quote at game over. When you hit a Beatle name standup during gameplay, their normal quotes may be replaced by a different Christmas callout by that person.
Other fun fact.... the game over speech changes on one of their birthdays. So, that member gives most of the game over quotes on that day. I believe Dean also did some special birthday light effects on the topper for Beatle birthdays. He loved putting in little details like that.
Dean was a great guy and we had a ton of fun (and Taco Bell fueled late nights) making this game. It was a labor of love for both of us. I've been playing mine more than usual this month and thinking of the good times we had making it. Remember his family in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season.
Happy flipping and best to you and yours in 2023.
Jerry

Thank you for your efforts on the Beatles - you did a great job! Very happy to own this game - my buddies and I have a blast playing it weekly.

3 weeks later
#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Someone on here suggested a little dry lube on the spinners. "Ticket to Ride" went from the most difficult to the easiest mode to hit level 5. Two good shots and you're there. Unfortunately, the points don't seem to rack up as fast as with other modes.
I don't know why anyone would want it, but I need to get rid of the original shipping crate my Beatles Diamond came in. Dallas, TX area. Need to make room for something else.

absolutely - I just spray a little WD-40 on a Q-tip and give the spinners a once over - works like a charm!

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

Don't know much about the beatles and would like to add one to my line up
Is there any difference in the game play or Video clips between the version ?

nope no difference between the 3 models gameplay wise. Just different cab art, Apron plaque, as well as different Powder Coating. Gold is the way to go (IMO)

#1676 1 year ago

just on the guides by the holes....and just a dab. nothing to worry about haha

#1678 1 year ago

Good to know - I'll find an alternative- appreciated.

1 month later
#1728 1 year ago

Nice to see others diggin' this game as much as I do. Looking forward to paying it a lot tonight - one of the best games to play competitively with some friends as the Games are quick and fun as hell! My best so far is 12 Million (and I am determined to top that this weekend), but I've seen others with scores 4 times that so I have a lot of work to do!

also Still have not reached taxman Multiball - that's a tough one.

#1736 1 year ago

Don’t think there is a setting to adjust that (could be wrong but don’t think it is adjustable) - it’s supposed to be a moment where you accomplished something hence the quick light show. Personally, I love it.

#1753 1 year ago

But The worst is when you hit the jackpot and then the ball trickles down the left outlane after a shitty bounce from the guide rail. Part of the game…

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

A ball save was put in some time ago to address this. I think it needs to be enabled.

Cool - thank you - I’ll take a look

#1766 1 year ago

The red looks like shit. Would love something to cover up the red in a tasteful way while keeping the scanner useable.

ED657FCC-5619-4143-92A3-786EEF4ECF7D (resized).jpegED657FCC-5619-4143-92A3-786EEF4ECF7D (resized).jpeg
#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Today John-Floyd had a question on how to cover the IC plate on the Beatles. I made this today that lays on top of the red sticker and the window is slightly smaller as to not show any red. It's in gold and the text is raised. John has one on the way and if anyone else might want to pick one up hit me up.
Hope you like it John.[quoted image]

Amazing work Troy! Exactly what I was hoping for! Can not stress enough how much I appreciate this! The red has been bothering me for over a year now haha. I see a new pinside shop opening soon….these would sell well I’d think!

#1789 1 year ago

TroyS - looks phenomenal! So happy to see that clashing red gone. Thanks again Troy - great job!

7F796D90-4F82-408B-B73F-FB99F4F75C9B (resized).jpeg7F796D90-4F82-408B-B73F-FB99F4F75C9B (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1813 1 year ago

Damn that’s impressive! Well done. Couldn’t hit that to save my life. My best is 12.6. It’s an asskicker.

#1829 1 year ago

Damn…I paid $1,500 around 5 months ago and that was a kick in the balls. $2,500 is a joke.

#1832 1 year ago

It’s been We’ll proven Once they stop making these toppers they skyrocket in price. Can’t really blame him, Someone w deep pockets will eventually buy it at $2,499.

#1838 1 year ago

I set Max extra balls to 3, but I don’t want any carryovers. Once I drain it’s gone.

2 weeks later
#1847 11 months ago

TroyS - hope all is well bud. May I commission you for another Beatles mod? So I went w the wizardmods diamond edition door and shooter plate to mix things up a bit. Like the coin door but Not too thrilled with the shooter plate as it is just a vinyl sticker (and won’t stick on well). Saw your Foo plate and as usual, the work is amazing. Any chance you can make a badass Beatles shooter plate to class my game up a bit? And yes, my dog likes hanging out underneath pinball machines.

IMG_1298 (resized).jpegIMG_1298 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1854 11 months ago

I paid $1,500 around 5 months ago for a used one and that was my absolute limit.

#1857 11 months ago

agreed. $2,500+ is fucking absurd but there's always "that guy" who needs it with deep pockets...

#1859 11 months ago

Stunning Troy! You do some seriously good work my man! Thank you so much for designing this one - turned out fantastic!

IMG_1307 (resized).jpegIMG_1307 (resized).jpeg
#1864 11 months ago

Wizardmods - they have 3 different options

2 months later
#1991 9 months ago

Interesting - never knew this option existed - yet another way to make this game even more of an ass-kicker! To those that have tried this option - what music is playing prior to starting one of the song modes?

#1994 9 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Officially joined the group this morning as my new to me Beatles was delivered. Looking forward to setting up and playing tonight.

Glad to hear this - you have a fun weekend ahead of you! Great game!

6 months later
#2067 84 days ago

I can attest to the post above.

1 month later
#2074 52 days ago

I have both and think they’re both great pins. Opposite ends of the spectrum, obviously a personal choice to choose depending on the gap you want to fill.
LZ is ramp heavy with much deeper code. 10 full tunes and would only consider a premium or LE version w the magic spinner. Beautiful lighting with the expression system.

Beatles has only 5 tunes or so and all are just segments of the old tunes, but it fits the modes well. Very simple rules, yet the game is very difficult to progress through with shorter ball times to due to the constant action of an old school layout. I’ve owed it for 2 years now and still haven’t made it to the taxman multiball. Great game with the buddies for quick and fast competitive games.
Overall, can’t go wrong with either if the price is right.

IMG_2085 (resized).jpegIMG_2085 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=john-floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.