(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesdeloris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m thinking about buying this title and was just curious about the ratio of games played to game satisfaction or boredom.

We have had our Gold since early December and love it. We have owned over a dozen (NIB) pins in the last ten years or so and this is the wife's favorite.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Why is it your wife’s favorite? Easy to understand, fan of the theme, etc? Just curious, I have s tough time getting my wife excited about any title other than Safecracker.

Actually the wife is a pretty good player - much better than me. Some of our more than dozen pins we have owned over the years she has liked (ACDC, Ghostbusters, The Wizard of Oz). Others, not so much (Tron, Star Trek, Metallica). She likes the music and the way the board is sit up. For some reason she likes that it does not have ramps. She is able to keep up with the scoring and knows what to shoot for. Within a couple of weeks she informed me that "this one is a keeper". Not that it matters but we are both retired (59 and 71).

1 week later
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Adrian:

Brought this home today all the way to Western Australia. Yes it was expensive but I'm very happy and I feel stern has done a great job. Enjoyable game[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good for you! I received my Gold in early December and could not be happier.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone updated code yet?
What do you think?

The wife, who does most of the Gold playing, said the first code update was very noticeable - not so much this time.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Has anyone installed a playfield protector on this title yet? Difficult process?

I put four (Cliffy) lane protectors (two on each side) on my Gold a month ago.

2 weeks later
#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Has anyone had issues with airballs? I’m getting some off the “FOUR” drop targets? Any fixes?

Go into the "Service Menu" - "1964 Feature Adjustment" - "upper left flipper power". It shows three adjustments: "Hard", "Normal", and "Soft". We have ours on "Normal".

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Officially joined all of you Mop Tops tonight. What a blast to play! My 17 year old guitar playing son loves the Beatles so that makes it a little more special to play this fun pin together.
I think I need to dial back the flipper power as I am getting a lot of air balls. What is the consensus on placing the rubbers back on the outline pins?

I have had my Gold since early December. We love it. I put the rubbers on the outside posts. If you continue to get air balls -off the "FOUR" drop targets - after dialing back (we have our setting on "normal") I would suggest going to a hardware store and getting a little sheet of Lexon and cutting an overhang that covers "FOUR". It took me about 30 minutes and looks pretty good.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I think he was likely referring to air balls off of the "FOUR" targets (the 1964 targets already came with a clear plastic extension that stops air balls from these targets), but I agree with your advice to measure and obtain a lexan piece from the hardware store to cover the FOUR targets area. The lexan is just a few bucks for a sheet and the hardware store will cut them to your required size for free with purchase. So, you only need to drill the two holes into the sheet for installing above the FOUR target area.

Yes, you are correct. I meant the "FOUR" drop targets. Sorry.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

FYI...Stern claims to be working on an "airball kit" to help with airballs from the "FAB" "FOUR" targets.

In January I both called and sent an email to Stern to put my name on the list to get one of these. I have not heard anything back.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the reply @jamesdeloris . I noted that there were no rubbers on pins between outlane and inlane, but there were 2 extra rubbers in the goodies bag. The right lane below the upper right flipper is especially brutal - if the ball bounces around there at all, it catches on the rubber on the right slingshot and goes to outlane, and no jiggling so far has been able to help. I take it that the rubbers on outlane posts reduce right outlane drains?
I know I can just try it, but figure the rubbers were not there for a reason, and am curious. I read through installation pages and the user/service manual, and did not see anything. Thanks!

Actually I had to cut a small slice off the rubber on the right post so the ball would pass through the lane.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I cut mine with a dremel tool but it cuts pretty easy, can probably cut it successfully with a saw having fine tooth blade as well.

I cut mine with a saw and used sandpaper to smooth out the edges. There are two pieces - one metal and one plastic - on top of "FOUR". When I tried to put the lexan piece in between there was not enough screw left to attach the nut. So I removed the metal piece and replaced with the Lexan.

4 weeks later
#262 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I installed the Mezelmods plastic protector set, which protects the lower 4 plastics. The 1st photo shows a "before and after" side-by-side comparison in which the left original sling plastic is unprotected whereas the right sling is equipped with the Mezelmods protector.
As depicted, when I installed the new protector on the right sling, I removed the 2 large metal washer protectors. Also, I replaced the small surface metal washers with tiny plastic transparent ones. The new appearance better displays the graphics with a green hue and removes the unsightly opaque metal washers.
I did the same swap with the lower plastics. The other 3 photos show the game after the complete swap. These protectors are thick and well-constructed and I recommend them, along with others in this thread.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We put our protector set on last week. I completely agree with everything you said.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ordering today..... you sold me!

I also bought a "Gold Leaf Shooter Rod " (2") from Mezel Mods a couple of months ago and it perfectly matches the gold trim on the pin. Very nice indeed.

1 month later
#290 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Agreed. Now ponder this. Would you add to your new Beatles pin with another one based on later songs like Sgt Peppers in a modern pin design? I really think that I would.

Absolutely. I hope they do come out with a later "The Beatles" pin. I would do the same with Led Zeppelin - early music pin and later music pin.

5 months later
#437 4 years ago

We have had our Gold since January. Looks and plays great. No problems whatsoever. Highly recommended for "The Beatles" fans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesdeloris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=jamesdeloris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.