(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#839 3 years ago

Getting my gold nib next week. Can’t wait!!!

This is an awesome shooting pin with a great theme

4 months later
#946 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

OK, at this point I am getting close to slapping down the rest of my $$$ and taking delivery of my Beatles table. I have purchased a Stern Spike2 knocker from PinballLife and I got my hands on a topper. Not super happy about the price of the topper but I just kind of feel like this is the only NIB I will ever buy so why not shoot the works; you know? Also, I greatly appreciate all the feedback to my initial questions a few posts back. Never thought I would get such an enthusiastic, positive response. Thanks again.
I have a few questions for you guys who already own this table. Just trying to have all my ducks in a row so that when this Bad Boy is delivered, I am ready to go. Sorry if this seems like overkill. Let’s just say I’m getting a little jazzed up in anticipation. Never ever thought I would buy a NIB table. Never. This thing is my divorce present to myself, just signed papers last week after 15 years together and 10 married. The whole process sucked. I run a restaurant and the last year has been horrible. Got the virus in November and survived it, thank god. I suppose I just decided that it is ok to spend money in a way I never really do – just this once after the worst year of my life…
Anyway, my questions:
1. I have read many times that people do not dig on the stock balls shipped in Stern games and that a lot of peeps get replacements to drop in right away. Thoughts?
2. I am kind of confused about there not being rubbers on the vertical posts above the in/outlanes at the bottom of the table. I have always thought that one of the important things about playfield rubber is that it protects balls from damage. How can naked posts in a location like that be a good thing? I have read through this entire topic and it sounds like adding rubber there pretty much eliminates outlane drains. As a geek and pinball purist, I hate the idea of removing that aspect of the gameplay. Side drains are part of life in pinball. Owners, what are our thoughts on this issue?
3. From pictures I have seen, it appears that Stern now designs their cabinets in such a way that cabinet protectors are no longer needed. Is this true or do you guys still recommend their purchase?
4. The knocker. The sound of a pinball knocker to me is like the sound of a hockey puck (grew up in a hockey city – sorry) hitting a goalpost – I LOVE IT. If any of you installed a knocker and have suggestions as to where to mount that thing to get maximum THWACK from it, I am all ears. I CAN NOT STAND THAT NEW ELECTRONICALLY GENERATYED SQUEAL. Sorry for the caps, but I really do loathe that sound. If anyone wants to throw up a pic of where they mounted theirs, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am so stoked about the deal with the SD cards and the different music. CAN NOT WAIT to try these out!
It won’t be long (yeah) until the truck pulls up. I smile every damn time I think about it. One of my buddies lives in Louisville, KY and he is prepared to call off work and drive up to Detroit on short notice for the unboxing/christening.
Thanks in advance for any and all guidance. Happy flipping.
Tim in Motown

Welcome to the club! The different music is awesome. I keep thinking about selling ours but then play it and decide not to. If a top 5 comes along I might only because I’m the last one playing but it’s has some awesome flow. I did put rubber on the Outlane posts to make it easier for less drains on the kids. If you don’t, I wouldn’t worry. The ball hits a lot of metal with the rails etc so there are a lot of games with no rubbers on those.

Updated the balls with ones from pinball life but I do that for all nib pins.

Knocker I’m not sure about

2 weeks later
#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Has Stern stopped production on The Beatles?

yes, they made 1964 of them

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Are you sure? They were supposed to make no more than 1964 but are you sure ALL have been made?

yes, they made and sold them to the distributors. The distributors had to take a certain amount and it’s why you find some nib from the district. I bought mine nib and that’s what my distributor told me. Basically had to take so many golds, plat and diamond for a certain dollar amount

1 week later
#972 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I understand they made them and sold them to the distributors. And I understand they were required, under certain conditions, to buy a certain amount. I also bought my Gold NIB but was also told that while all 100 Diamonds and all 250 Platinum's were made, that not all of the remaining 1614 Golds were made - hence my question. If true, in the future, Stern would still have some allowable number of Golds that could be made.
Personally it matters not, but still interesting none the less.

Not sure then, I can only go off what my distributor said. Maybe they are more yet to be made and he didn’t know. If they do make more I think the 8 k mark will be hard to get for them. I know of a few folks who bought them cheaper than 8k nib because they didn’t sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.