(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Just to clarify, am I correct that each kit includes a pair of lighting equipment so that one kit is good for one game?
Also, can anyone post a link for recommended upgraded speakers for The Beatles?

Yes, the Speaker Light Kits include 2 light frames and all that is needed to install and connect them.

On a related note, concerning the speaker lights and your upgraded speaker question. If you are planning on getting upgraded 4" speakers.... I would recommend also getting a pair of my replacement SPIKE 2 speaker plates.....as pretty much any upgraded 4" speaker you put in your game will have an extended tweeter on it and for that reason the bars have to be removed from the holes in the speaker plates so they will fit with one of my Speaker Light Kits. A person can cut the bars out of the factory plates themselves....or they can buy my replacement plates that already have the bars removed. Also, if you decide on 4" Flipper Fidelity speakers....I would recommend that you buy them directly from Flipper Fidelity as they have an option to get their speakers without a spacer rings attached to the front of them for speaker light use. If a speaker has a spacer ring attached to the found of it....it will also have to be removed before using one of my speaker light kits.

All of this is described on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html

I have also noticed a lot of people mentioning upgrading their factory 4" speakers to the 5 1/4" speakers that some of the SPIKE 2 LE games have (Batman SLE, Iron Maiden LE, Deadpool LE, Munsters LE and Black Knight: SoR LE). To use these speakers a user needs to also buy different speaker plates to hold the larger size speakers. These are a bit costly at $50 - $70 a pair....pretty pricey considering the speakers are only $30 a pair. Other items are also needed for this upgrade (gaskets and spacers) UNLESS you are using one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, which in that case, the Speaker Light Kit frame is used as the spacer and those other parts are not needed.

So I don't really have a solid recommendation on speaker upgrades, but I hope this info helps to show you some options that are available. All speaker options should be compatible with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and if you have any questions on that please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail to [email protected]

Doug - (SpeakerLightKits.com)

4 years later
#1974 9 months ago

You should have got my gold mirror speaker surrounds. They are partially etched to allow the light from the light kit to shine through them. Here is a video showing mine on the left and a surround on the right that does not allow light to shine thorough it.

Quicker turnaround than who? Myth's website says 2-4 weeks for their light kits to get shipped after an order. All of my, 14 different, light kit types are shipping in 0 - 3 days after an order is placed.

Quoted from A330FOATL:

I've used these lights on all my games. Very happy with them and they're a good price.
https://www.pinballlife.com/deluxe-serial-rgb-led-speaker-light-kit-for-stern-spike-2-machines.html

I recommend against using the light kit you have linked there. They are an attempted copy of my Deluxe light kits, but they have been cheapened and use bulbs that are addressable, but not INDIVIDUALLY controlled LEDs as their sale listing states. What that means is.....the bulb color and brightness can only be changed every 3 bulbs and the light patterns are therefore not as detailed or smooth. Simply put, it doesn't look as good and them looking good is the whole reason to add speaker lights. Why they say they are individually controlled LEDs when they are not?? I don't know if it was done purposely to be deceptive to buyers or just ignorance of their own knock-off product.

Here is a video showing the same light pattern on both light kits....the original Deluxe Speaker Light Kit from SpeakerLightKits.com on the left and the Pinball Life attempted copy on the right. Figure in the shipping and tax and their $5.05 "lower" price disappears.

When it comes to pinball speaker lights, mine are the original and the best in almost any scenario. Add to that, they are usually the best price also. There are a lot of knock-offs and copies of my products out there and, as I have pointed out here, they often cut corners and mess up meaningful details that they just haven't bothered to put any thought into.

If anyone has any questions, I am open to answering them.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original and best pinball Speaker Light Kits)

#1976 9 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for this info Doug! I typically buy your fine products for all my speaker lighting needs, but didn't see a gold metallic option on your site at the time.

I may have been temporarily out of stock. Keeping me in mind when you go to make a speaker light, or speaker light accessory, purchase is appreciated.

I just wanted to let people know...just because you see a similar item listed by another seller, that doesn't mean it's as good as what I have to offer. As I said, they just don't put the thought into the small but important details that I do.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.