(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cz-czar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#473 4 years ago

Just joined the club today with #179 Platinum edition. Called a local distributor looking for a gold and they had a platinum in stock and offered me a good deal. Delivered and installed this afternoon. What a great game! As a lifetime Beatles fan, this game was a must have for me.

A few observations and questions. Getting to multiball has a nice balance of being somewhat difficult but not too hard. It’s interesting that the Ringo light is off on its own separate from the other 3. Is that a dig on Ringo? John seems a little too tight behind the left spinner. What’s the deal with the channel above the left outlane? Is that an extra path to the jackpot? Is it harder or easier with the pin next to it in the upper position? How do you get to higher levels on a song? Is it normal to hear an audible fan blowing during quiet parts of the game or between games? It’s louder than I would have expected.

Sorry for so many basic questions. Any handy references on the rule set?

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. Beatles copied Seawitch layout.

Right, but they had to pick one to put over there. Of course it had to be Ringo. Lol.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes, that is normal. Stern used a rather loud fan in the power supply unit.
There is a replacement, however. Pin Monk did some extensive work and research looking for a replacement fan that runs much quieter in Spike machines. He has a shop on Pinside; you can purchase it here if you wish:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit
He also has a guide to making your own, which I did for my BM66. I'm so glad I made the switch; it's so much quieter now.

Great, thanks!!

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why not? Follow the example in place on the Meet The Beatles album cover.
From left to right: John, Paul, George, and Ringo. It was always "and Ringo".
[quoted image]
I still remember when they hit the scene. We neighborhood kids would look at this picture and try to learn who was who. Newspapers rattled on about their mop-top haircuts--that every adult in the country thought was an abomination. Everybody had their favorite Beatle. I recall one newspaper article quoting a girl saying," I don't care if they are four dogs. I love their music".

Love it. Thanks for the info! The “and Ringo” info helps make sense of his placement on the pin.

Funny about the mop tops - nowadays that is relatively “clean cut” lol.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After you knock down at least some of the F-A-B targets you can get the jackpot. The jackpot is usually after finishing a mode and depends on how well you did on a mode. If you don't cash it in initially and finish another mode it is worth 2x. If you finish 2 more modes it is worth 3x, etc. The ball usually runs down this channel after you hit the jackpot target and into the right in lane. There is a 100K bonus on the jackpot if you can get it without knocking down all the F-A-B targets. I assume you would still get this if you could hit it up through that channel without knocking down any of them but I would guess this is close to impossible.
I think the pin you talk about is for the out lane. Further up would make the ball easier to drain and thus more difficult.

Each song has some task you need to do (pops, spinner, loops, drop targets, or jackpots after completing an number of switch hits). After you do the task a certain number of times (e.g. hit the pops a number of times) it will go to the next level and that task is worth more. When you get to level 5 the value is maxed out and the mode is complete but you can still score points until it times out.
The fan is loud, as others have mentioned it is easily replaced with a quieter version.

Very helpful. Thank you!

#486 4 years ago

Quick Pinside rules / standards question - wasn’t sure where else to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there’s a better place or good reference - didn’t see this in the FAQ.

So a game like the Beatles has 3 versions. But all 3 versions have the same game play and audio, and a lot of similar graphics. How do things like the ratings and score reporting work between the versions here? I have a platinum - do platinum ratings average into the overall for the game? When reporting scores, does it matter if you report for the correct game version? I’ve played both the platinum and gold, so I rated both. Is they appropriate?

Thanks!!

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Yep - I've been getting some "mid-game" as well over the music.
For those hearing none - adjust Audit 58 to "on".

Don’t see anything under Audit menus (there are several sub-menus in there), but found this. Is that it? (I changed it to yes and set dates, but not sure I’m hearing anything.)

7C499761-7B68-49BA-9A94-EAFBF0739FE2 (resized).jpeg7C499761-7B68-49BA-9A94-EAFBF0739FE2 (resized).jpeg
#505 4 years ago

Holy Crap I was right to begin with. Yes, thank you for clarifying. I didn't think to ask about the latest code being installed. I just figured everyone updates like a lunk head.
58 people! LOL
Murphy's Law

Just got the machine Monday. Been busy playing. Haven’t installed the update yet. Lol. Sorry about that.

I played a bunch tonight and heard a few holiday messages. Nice touch.

#513 4 years ago

Just had a weird thing happen when powering up. Flipping the switch did not turn it on. Cycled it a couple times and could hear some small tick sounds near the power supply each time. Unplugged it for about 20 seconds and plugged it back in and it powered right up. That was weird.

Machine is a week out of the box and still under warranty. Wondering if this might be cause for concern or any other diagnostics that I should run.

#516 4 years ago

What firmware version are you running? It's sounds like you did a perfect cache clearing and reset. Hopefully it won't happen again. Make sure you have the latest firmware. ; )

I just updated to the latest from the Sterns web site - 1.10.0, just yesterday. Will have to monitor and see if it happens again.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just did a stream of playing the game with my mom who is a big Beatles fan but a novice pinball player. I put a camera on the topper so it can be seen how it interacts with the game. It actually helps a lot for telling how close you are to completing Beatlemania.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527564516

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could find one. I have the platinum and don’t care much for the backglass art - I like the gold better with the band, game name and drum more visible. Was hoping to get the topper to add some of that art to the front of the machine, but it’s been hard to find one so far.

I did find a gold translite for $120. Figured I can sub that out and then store the original platinum for safe keeping.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Been on the hunt for a topper as well.
I was told by several distributors that Stern might be making a limited amount of toppers again 1st qtr 2020. Apparently there has been a fair amount of interest since they stopped production.
I hope this happens!

That would be great. I’d order one. Is there a way we can give them feedback on this? Maybe I’ll send them an email.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Email can never hurt and keep pestering the distros.
I was told to follow up in JAn.

Just sent a message at:

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

Here’s to hoping they make some more.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Thanks to the folks who came up with the idea of changing the date for the New Year’s party.

Probably a good idea. I’ve not heard any holiday messages in 4-5 games today.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Email can never hurt and keep pestering the distros.
I was told to follow up in JAn.

Messaged Stern and received a curt message back that “The Beatles Topper is no longer available.”

Yeah, thanks, I knew that. Guessing they didn’t actually *read* the message. Oh well.

1 month later
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another very small run in feb. better get your order in as I know many are spoken for already.

How does one do that? I can’t seem to find them on their web site.

4 months later
#763 3 years ago

Got my new topper. Looks great and was easy to install. I like the Beatlemania letters lighting individually and integrating into feedback on the game play. Also did not realize that the heads are mounted in front of the topper backdrop on little springy mounts that make theirs heads shake a little when you are playing. Nice touch!!

IMG_3719 (resized).jpgIMG_3719 (resized).jpgIMG_3720 (resized).jpgIMG_3720 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#775 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your scores will increase after you install them.
I suffered tons of airballs as well before I finally installed them. I really don't even notice them.

I concur. I thought they looked ugly before, but they fade into the woodwork once installed.

1 year later
#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I think I like the translite on the gold better than the platinum.Anyone have an alt that looks nice ?

I agree. I grabbed a gold translite on ebay and have been very happy with it. Saving the platinum original as a backup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cz-czar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=cz-czar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.