(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 388 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by VALIS666
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9085 (resized).jpeg
D80D1560-0CB6-4074-A058-D15F0730EC37 (resized).jpeg
B333B6B3-E521-46FE-B432-7F97A330A632 (resized).jpeg
9AB8FEB9-28BB-4603-BB05-C038A099F445 (resized).jpeg
405D8751-9882-4CB0-987C-66C711DB4ACC (resized).jpeg
F1019A74-0D9D-4A96-8B4B-253DDC821CB3 (resized).jpeg
1A85B6BF-CB86-47C2-9529-48462DE12673 (resized).jpeg
22D6B28D-5764-4589-ACE4-C199A547C109 (resized).jpeg
AB65C934-9DDE-4BF7-9D82-91DB9BCC8C4A (resized).jpeg
24EF8A45-5ECE-4A70-96A7-2951CD0E1326 (resized).jpeg
ADA930CC-EB87-4E2D-8BD2-A966BF4338F2 (resized).jpeg
EC1152FD-D40A-40CA-8D8A-17B0C71936D2 (resized).jpeg
3768DF7A-25AF-431E-9761-3EA0F7518D16 (resized).jpeg
E273BCB2-28BC-4837-8B78-FBB157269389 (resized).jpeg
ADC4D711-2084-4A12-B259-167173C125D6 (resized).jpeg
482515DB-7F06-4DDD-8D30-7327755A4519 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

This set is great for topper.....$200 bucks at amazon.......about 10" tall
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Quoted from Psw757:

That is pretty cool. Wonder if it’s wider than the head of the machine?
My distributor said there is supposed to be a factory topper available for purchase.

Here is a relative size pic. I think it would fit. If not, it would not be too wide by very much. One could make a platform to sit on top of the back box.

41xzMdRUxIL (resized).jpg

#49 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

frequency of taxman

I thought Taxman was going to be the drain song.

#55 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

streamed the game yesterday, normally have VOD on youtube but they keep filtering it becuase of the music! Here it is on twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344981337

Thank you for posting that video.

#56 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Beatles have landed!
[quoted image]

Are you going to save your box?

Your serial number is 285896.

Can you lucky owners post your serial numbers for comparison? I'd like to understand Stern's serial numbering system. Such as, will pin number 1964 have a serial number that reflects that?

#63 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have to say, not sure what is different about the speakers on this title but this game has the best sounding sound I’ve heard in a pinball machine. Lots of bass so the bass guitar sounds awesome. Most machine sound hollow and shitty. I’m impressed.
The gold armor is killer too, what a nice looking machine![quoted image]

Between Stern Electronics and Stern (today), Gary Stern was Data East. DE had some great sounding stereo. I have a DE Robocop and the sound is super. Perhaps some of the DE engineers continue work for Stern.

If my guess is correct, you also have excellent sound separation, as well. Only 22" between the speakers and the sound separation is killer.

Do you also have a single speaker mounted to the bottom of the cabinet?

#96 8 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

will Pete Best be on the first 10 or 20 games produced?

Pete Best never made it to America 54 years ago. What would be the point of placing him on this pin?

1 month later
#177 6 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

$13,500 Gold model AUD

Wow! That is equal to $9560,36 USD.

Nothing personal here. I communicate with some who live in Australia. Nice guys all.

But price wise with pinball....

All I can say is......you poor bastards

2 weeks later
#210 5 months ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Topper is for sale on Stern's website.[quoted image]

That's a nice looking topper!!

#230 5 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

What tool do you recommend for cutting the lexan?

For .020" thickness you can easily cut it with a pair of cheap scissors. For .030" you can cut it with scissors but you need strong hands. A pair of sheet metal tin snips will also work. This is for outside cuts. For inside cuts you need a saw, and a small drum sander is nice to have.

To make the piece you are wanting to make, .020 is all that you need to stop air balls.

I made one of these deflectors for one of my pins. This is all it is.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.35.50 AM (resized).png

Quoted from Budman:

what about the type of drill bit?

Any bit you can get from Harbor Freight will work.

#247 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oh yeah... that would make more sense and look way better.

Yes, but if it were to break you will only need to worry about that one small cheap piece instead of the more expensive art piece.

#249 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

True but the other airball deflector is made that way so why not have it uniform in appearance?

I don't have one of these pins and only can make opinions based of what I can find on the computer.

I thought that there were no air ball issues with the upper four drops and that the plastic does not look like it is jutting out over the drops which, IMO, it is not a deflector but just for beauty.

Please tell me what I am not seeing.

#251 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure if the plastic above the 1964 targets was designed to mitigate air balls but it does project out over the drops and if it wasn’t there I would imagine airballs would be created at this location as well.
Take a look at a good picture and you will see the clear plastic that runs from left of Ringo target near flasher all the way across, the whole thing including art is one piece and covers the targets completely.

This pin is hard to find pics for. I did find this but it looks look a home made job sitting on top of the factory art. I do have a Seawitch and air balls are no problem on that pin. And I can see where a new more powerful pin like Beatles would have an issue with air balls in mid-play field, like my Robocop I made a deflector for, b am having a hard time understanding how air balls would be a problem up in the back so far from the flippers.

I don't what kind of material Stern is using to make these new plastics, the the stuff of old will break. If the center piece is unbreakable then one piece would be fine, but if it can break you will be glad the deflector is a separate piece.

And i have to agree that an additional piece is cheaper for Stern instead of having to retool.

29672-the-beatles-pinball-machine-1964-targets (resized).jpg

#253 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well shit, I was wrong. Went down to look at mine and it is two separate pieces but upon closer examination they had to put that on there due to airballs in testing. Not sure how they missed the four target issue.

I imagine the separate pieces is cost related. Cheaper and easier to replace one clear piece as opposed to one piece with the artwork integrated. Especially if YOU have to buy one later one.

Agreed. I don't know how they would have missed center target air ball issue, either.

3 weeks later
#266 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Has anyone filed down the leading edge of the shooter lane metal ramp to avoid ball hop?
Also, the whole shooter rod/ spring action feels a bit rough.... at least compared to other games I have owned. This is my first Stern NIB. Is this normal for Stern? ...is there an effective fix you have used?

The ball matches up with the ramp a small ways up into the "V". You will not have any ball hop other than when it leaves the ramp.

#280 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Gary Puckett and the Union Gap songs are bad also..... basically wants to sexually assault under aged girls.

Go to any court house and start checking marriage records from 40s and 50s. Lots of 16 year old girls getting married. Many to guys much older.

1 month later
#303 3 months ago
Quoted from ernierains:

Love all the info on here! Thanks to those who have posted stuff on Mezel Mods. I’ll definitely be looking into ordering some.
Has anyone else run into mechanical issues? I had to tighten down a loose nut on my FAB popups. I have attached a pic of the nut that needed re-tightening. I guess this is typical, however when I contacted Stern they wanted me to run the diagnostics which didn’t indicate a malfunction. Anyway, the symptoms are that the popups stay down. I recommend using a bit of locktite on it to ensure it doesn’t become a recurring problem.
Looking forward to reading more tips on The Beatles pin.
Keep playing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see many screw heads in your pic but I don't see a nut. Regardless, maybe whatever it is just did not get tightened at the factory.

3 weeks later
#350 68 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems that around 300 plays is when some are seeing this show up.
So far just radio silence from distributor and stern concerning the matter.
I encourage owners to closely look over your games and report this. For the premium price, we all deserve premium service.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, wow. That's no good. Possibly the clear coat was not completely cured before the play field went down the production line. Or the play field was not prepared properly before the clear was laid down.

#352 68 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems that around 300 plays is when some are seeing this show up.
So far just radio silence from distributor and stern concerning the matter.
I encourage owners to closely look over your games and report this. For the premium price, we all deserve premium service.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you removed a post to see what it looks like under the post? With the post removed, does the paint bubble "relax" and go and down to "normal"?

#354 68 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is on three games I have personally seen now. Including our game.
It appears to be a prep issue combined with a game assembled before the clear could dry.
I have not removed a post yet but am 90% sure that the whole bubble will come up when I do.
Hoping Stern takes care of this soon. We are going on nearly a month with no reply.
When we had GB insert issues, things were all taken care of. When we had Aerosmith cabinet falling apart issues, things were taken care of. When we had node boards blow up in short order, they have been taken care of.
I like to think this will be taken care of also, but getting a bit worried with being blown off for this long now.
I also did not want to wait any longer as other owners need to keep and eye out for this. It is easy to miss unless you know to look at the posts.

If you are careful and pull the post up slowly it should lift up without pulling on the clear. There might be some stickiness to it but dried clear is not glue. A heat gun and a wooden paddle might allow you to push the bubble to flat condition again. And if there is a small access point you can probably squeeze in a small amount of thin bodied slow setting superglue which will lock the bubbled clear down--that is if Stern does not address this and leaves you on your own.

#358 67 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I plan on Stern Addressing this.

not even remotely similar from what I can tell. pf issues have to be broken down to the root cause if they are going to fix them.
Spooky had a handful of TNAs with minor art chipping under the playfield start posts. That appears to be rectified (fixed in the last 150ish of the run; and no issues in ACNC from what I have seen).
JJP seems to be artwork adherence issues? Not sure as I am not up to date on current status of those.
Stern has systematically been having this bubbling at posts since Maiden and it is apparently getting worse for some reason.
This appears to be a combination of poor pf prep before art layers are applied, then they have not let that dry before applying clear, and then then have assembled before clear has gassed off and is still moveable. This all results in the art and clear bubbling up when they crank posts too tight and the ball smacks the posts for a few hundred games.

Please keep us posted. I'll be looking at my Munsters play field like a hawk from now on.

#361 66 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think in order to get to the bottom of this, we need to start looking at the actual playfields and determine which manufacturer has made them.
I think Stern still uses 3 different companies.
I know at one time they were thinking/working to bring pf production in house, but unsure if they ever moved on that???
I am under the impression that there are issues with 2 of the 3 companies they use.

Where would the name of the play field manufacturer be located?

I have had the apron off of my Munsters and don’t recall seeing production info. But I was not looking for anything, either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside