(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 788 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by jamescardona
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9ef0c44f62110ede4896f76ca653762bb9c657d6.jpeg (resized).jpg
dfgh (resized).jpg
anti-loft (resized).jpg
IMG_1032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3720 (resized).jpg
IMG_3719 (resized).jpg
20200616_213937 (resized).jpg
20200616_213659 (resized).jpg
20200616_213832 (resized).jpg
EB0B2431-7BDD-4F9B-8FE1-744A910343A4 (resized).jpeg
91DA7C86-E89B-4481-BCFE-AF143CEC3832 (resized).png
IMG_7163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7161 (resized).jpeg
537E2C6C-B042-4DAF-B71C-025FD2C5CC54 (resized).jpeg
20200508_211644.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

This set is great for topper.....$200 bucks at amazon.......about 10" tall
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Quoted from Psw757:

That is pretty cool. Wonder if it’s wider than the head of the machine?
My distributor said there is supposed to be a factory topper available for purchase.

Here is a relative size pic. I think it would fit. If not, it would not be too wide by very much. One could make a platform to sit on top of the back box.

41xzMdRUxIL (resized).jpg

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

frequency of taxman

I thought Taxman was going to be the drain song.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

streamed the game yesterday, normally have VOD on youtube but they keep filtering it becuase of the music! Here it is on twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344981337

Thank you for posting that video.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Beatles have landed!
[quoted image]

Are you going to save your box?

Your serial number is 285896.

Can you lucky owners post your serial numbers for comparison? I'd like to understand Stern's serial numbering system. Such as, will pin number 1964 have a serial number that reflects that?

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have to say, not sure what is different about the speakers on this title but this game has the best sounding sound I’ve heard in a pinball machine. Lots of bass so the bass guitar sounds awesome. Most machine sound hollow and shitty. I’m impressed.
The gold armor is killer too, what a nice looking machine![quoted image]

Between Stern Electronics and Stern (today), Gary Stern was Data East. DE had some great sounding stereo. I have a DE Robocop and the sound is super. Perhaps some of the DE engineers continue work for Stern.

If my guess is correct, you also have excellent sound separation, as well. Only 22" between the speakers and the sound separation is killer.

Do you also have a single speaker mounted to the bottom of the cabinet?

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

will Pete Best be on the first 10 or 20 games produced?

Pete Best never made it to America 54 years ago. What would be the point of placing him on this pin?

1 month later
#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

$13,500 Gold model AUD

Wow! That is equal to $9560,36 USD.

Nothing personal here. I communicate with some who live in Australia. Nice guys all.

But price wise with pinball....

All I can say is......you poor bastards

2 weeks later
#210 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Topper is for sale on Stern's website.[quoted image]

That's a nice looking topper!!

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

What tool do you recommend for cutting the lexan?

For .020" thickness you can easily cut it with a pair of cheap scissors. For .030" you can cut it with scissors but you need strong hands. A pair of sheet metal tin snips will also work. This is for outside cuts. For inside cuts you need a saw, and a small drum sander is nice to have.

To make the piece you are wanting to make, .020 is all that you need to stop air balls.

I made one of these deflectors for one of my pins. This is all it is.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.35.50 AM (resized).png

Quoted from Budman:

what about the type of drill bit?

Any bit you can get from Harbor Freight will work.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oh yeah... that would make more sense and look way better.

Yes, but if it were to break you will only need to worry about that one small cheap piece instead of the more expensive art piece.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

True but the other airball deflector is made that way so why not have it uniform in appearance?

I don't have one of these pins and only can make opinions based of what I can find on the computer.

I thought that there were no air ball issues with the upper four drops and that the plastic does not look like it is jutting out over the drops which, IMO, it is not a deflector but just for beauty.

Please tell me what I am not seeing.

#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure if the plastic above the 1964 targets was designed to mitigate air balls but it does project out over the drops and if it wasn’t there I would imagine airballs would be created at this location as well.
Take a look at a good picture and you will see the clear plastic that runs from left of Ringo target near flasher all the way across, the whole thing including art is one piece and covers the targets completely.

This pin is hard to find pics for. I did find this but it looks look a home made job sitting on top of the factory art. I do have a Seawitch and air balls are no problem on that pin. And I can see where a new more powerful pin like Beatles would have an issue with air balls in mid-play field, like my Robocop I made a deflector for, b am having a hard time understanding how air balls would be a problem up in the back so far from the flippers.

I don't what kind of material Stern is using to make these new plastics, the the stuff of old will break. If the center piece is unbreakable then one piece would be fine, but if it can break you will be glad the deflector is a separate piece.

And i have to agree that an additional piece is cheaper for Stern instead of having to retool.

29672-the-beatles-pinball-machine-1964-targets (resized).jpg

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well shit, I was wrong. Went down to look at mine and it is two separate pieces but upon closer examination they had to put that on there due to airballs in testing. Not sure how they missed the four target issue.

I imagine the separate pieces is cost related. Cheaper and easier to replace one clear piece as opposed to one piece with the artwork integrated. Especially if YOU have to buy one later one.

Agreed. I don't know how they would have missed center target air ball issue, either.

3 weeks later
#266 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Has anyone filed down the leading edge of the shooter lane metal ramp to avoid ball hop?
Also, the whole shooter rod/ spring action feels a bit rough.... at least compared to other games I have owned. This is my first Stern NIB. Is this normal for Stern? ...is there an effective fix you have used?

The ball matches up with the ramp a small ways up into the "V". You will not have any ball hop other than when it leaves the ramp.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Gary Puckett and the Union Gap songs are bad also..... basically wants to sexually assault under aged girls.

Go to any court house and start checking marriage records from 40s and 50s. Lots of 16 year old girls getting married. Many to guys much older.

1 month later
#303 1 year ago
Quoted from ernierains:

Love all the info on here! Thanks to those who have posted stuff on Mezel Mods. I’ll definitely be looking into ordering some.
Has anyone else run into mechanical issues? I had to tighten down a loose nut on my FAB popups. I have attached a pic of the nut that needed re-tightening. I guess this is typical, however when I contacted Stern they wanted me to run the diagnostics which didn’t indicate a malfunction. Anyway, the symptoms are that the popups stay down. I recommend using a bit of locktite on it to ensure it doesn’t become a recurring problem.
Looking forward to reading more tips on The Beatles pin.
Keep playing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see many screw heads in your pic but I don't see a nut. Regardless, maybe whatever it is just did not get tightened at the factory.

3 weeks later
#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems that around 300 plays is when some are seeing this show up.
So far just radio silence from distributor and stern concerning the matter.
I encourage owners to closely look over your games and report this. For the premium price, we all deserve premium service.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, wow. That's no good. Possibly the clear coat was not completely cured before the play field went down the production line. Or the play field was not prepared properly before the clear was laid down.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems that around 300 plays is when some are seeing this show up.
So far just radio silence from distributor and stern concerning the matter.
I encourage owners to closely look over your games and report this. For the premium price, we all deserve premium service.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you removed a post to see what it looks like under the post? With the post removed, does the paint bubble "relax" and go and down to "normal"?

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is on three games I have personally seen now. Including our game.
It appears to be a prep issue combined with a game assembled before the clear could dry.
I have not removed a post yet but am 90% sure that the whole bubble will come up when I do.
Hoping Stern takes care of this soon. We are going on nearly a month with no reply.
When we had GB insert issues, things were all taken care of. When we had Aerosmith cabinet falling apart issues, things were taken care of. When we had node boards blow up in short order, they have been taken care of.
I like to think this will be taken care of also, but getting a bit worried with being blown off for this long now.
I also did not want to wait any longer as other owners need to keep and eye out for this. It is easy to miss unless you know to look at the posts.

If you are careful and pull the post up slowly it should lift up without pulling on the clear. There might be some stickiness to it but dried clear is not glue. A heat gun and a wooden paddle might allow you to push the bubble to flat condition again. And if there is a small access point you can probably squeeze in a small amount of thin bodied slow setting superglue which will lock the bubbled clear down--that is if Stern does not address this and leaves you on your own.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I plan on Stern Addressing this.

not even remotely similar from what I can tell. pf issues have to be broken down to the root cause if they are going to fix them.
Spooky had a handful of TNAs with minor art chipping under the playfield start posts. That appears to be rectified (fixed in the last 150ish of the run; and no issues in ACNC from what I have seen).
JJP seems to be artwork adherence issues? Not sure as I am not up to date on current status of those.
Stern has systematically been having this bubbling at posts since Maiden and it is apparently getting worse for some reason.
This appears to be a combination of poor pf prep before art layers are applied, then they have not let that dry before applying clear, and then then have assembled before clear has gassed off and is still moveable. This all results in the art and clear bubbling up when they crank posts too tight and the ball smacks the posts for a few hundred games.

Please keep us posted. I'll be looking at my Munsters play field like a hawk from now on.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think in order to get to the bottom of this, we need to start looking at the actual playfields and determine which manufacturer has made them.
I think Stern still uses 3 different companies.
I know at one time they were thinking/working to bring pf production in house, but unsure if they ever moved on that???
I am under the impression that there are issues with 2 of the 3 companies they use.

Where would the name of the play field manufacturer be located?

I have had the apron off of my Munsters and don’t recall seeing production info. But I was not looking for anything, either.

2 months later
#394 11 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Quick question: Are your power cords grounded/three prong? Mine isn't. Well, it's a three prong plug with the ground pin missing, and this just doesn't seem right.

Can you post a pic of your power cord plug. Did someone cut the ground pin out? I have bought used extension cords where the ground pin was chopped off. But you can also buy cords that are made with out the ground. I am curious to see if yours has been modified.

THanks.

1 month later
#422 10 months ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

But these don't give the "true" story, since they seem to include "restarts." Yeah, we are weak, and will restart after a bad 1st ball.

But ball 2 or 3 could turn out to be the killer ball that you missed

1 week later
#434 9 months ago
Quoted from Budman:Some help please. My left upper flipper slowly returns to its resting position after being activated. Just started this after only 278 plays. Any advice as to how I fix this?
Thanks
Quoted from Yelobird:

My guess is the flipper clearance up and down is to tight or the return spring failed. More then likely to tight. Flipper should move up and down with fingers about 1/16”. Good luck.

I can't speak directly to the upper flipper on The Beatles but I will figure it is the same construction as the lower flippers and I further assume the lower flippers are constructed in the same manner as what is on my Munsters.

I had a flipper return spring break. The flipper started behaving just like an old pin. It acted stuck in the mechanical way.

Here is the right hand spring in good condition.

IMG_2140 (resized).JPG

Here is the broken left hand spring hanging down in vertical position. If Beatles is the same style of flipper consider buying a few of these to keep in your stockpile. Otherwise, when you least expect it, you will be paying $5.00 U.S. Mail for a 50 cent part.

Maybe Budman has something different going on but check for broken springs.

IMG_2141 (resized).JPG

IMG_2143 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#444 8 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Same thing/flipper happened to me right out of the box. It was late Saturday night and we just got the machine that day so we bought a variety pack of springs from Home Depot, none fit exactly, but cutting a few loops off one and making a new hook with a pair of pliers is still working fine several hundred plays later. I really should order the specific springs though. #265-5035-00 for reference (and as a reminder to me to make that order already).

They are not too expensive. I bought a sackful for my Stern pin.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=265-5035-00

1 week later
#455 8 months ago
Quoted from TREX:

Ripping those spinners is truly a day tripper. Love it and the added sound effect does the trick. Truly reminiscent of the late 70's games where spinners were it. After a hard days night its tough not to play; I just can't Let it Be.

Oh, baby you’re a rich man.

4 weeks later
#474 7 months ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

It’s interesting that the Ringo light is off on its own separate from the other 3. Is that a dig on Ringo?

No. Beatles copied Seawitch layout.

#479 7 months ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Right, but they had to pick one to put over there. Of course it had to be Ringo. Lol.

Why not? Follow the example in place on the Meet The Beatles album cover.

From left to right: John, Paul, George, and Ringo. It was always "and Ringo".

R-833736-1330126205.jpeg (resized).jpg

I still remember when they hit the scene. We neighborhood kids would look at this picture and try to learn who was who. Newspapers rattled on about their mop-top haircuts--that every adult in the country thought was an abomination. Everybody had their favorite Beatle. I recall one newspaper article quoting a girl saying," I don't care if they are four dogs. I love their music".

#482 7 months ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

From left to right is John, George, Paul and Ringo.

Ooops. Can I blame my mistake on my advancing age

1 month later
#549 6 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone trying to trade one of these for a Stranger Things pro? Not digging it, and love The Beatles. Let me know.

I thought you were really getting a big woody for a Stranger Things? What happened?

Like you, I really like to play my friend's Beatles. But I'm out of room or I would have me one already.

1 month later
#580 4 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

anyone else have an issue with the ball going down the outlane when the ball goes behind the FAB targets?
Really annoying, I looked at the ball guide but there isn't much to bend.

A friend has Beatles. I made him a polycarbonate deflector for that problem. It sits on top of the plastic. You can barely see it. And it works. The other day I was over and had a hot game going and the ball bounced up on top of the plastic, hit my deflector, and bounced over toward the right flipper. It as the first time the both of us saw in in action. He was impressed and I was proud.

I was trying to make it to where the ball would come down in front of the left flipper. Instead, the ball just bounces but it does not drain. I had thought about contacting Marco or Pinball Life to see they would want to sell some but I never got around to it.

It is not hard to make.

#585 4 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Do you have a picture of this deflector?

Quoted from snaroff:

Here's a Stern developed a deflector. Is this what you are looking for?[quoted image]

Sorry, I do not have a picture of it. I could get you a picture if you would like. Mine is clear polycarbonate. It does the same job as this deflector that snaroff put up. Mine hides better than this one. That is the only difference.

de18ebac8dea8b7c3b262e4461a4dc8b1b63ba57.jpeg (resized).jpg

#587 4 months ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Here are a couple pics of the one Cottonm4 made for me.
Sorry about the poor quality of photos as my phone is pretty old.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. Saves me from having to drive the 1/2 mile to your house to get some pics . It was a blast to see it in action during that last game I played.

All it is a piece of clear Lexan cut to the same profile of the plastic it sets on.

#591 4 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Yeah, sorry should of explained it better. it's when the ball actually goes in behind the targets and is supposed to go down the inlane. on occasion it hits the post and dribbles out the outlane.

I'm guessing that is part of the design. It is a machine that is supposed to be in a public forum and pick everybody's pocket. A points score with a little bit of sucker shot thrown in for good measure.

#600 4 months ago
Quoted from vongator:

I recently got the new version of PinballBrowser and replaced all the songs and video assets in the game! I highly recommend checking out PinballBrowser and playing around with it! It's very easy to use.
Here's a video of my Sgt. Pepper retheme eventually getting though to the "Taxman" (Sgt. Pepper) multiball:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578687025
I replaced:
Taxman - Sgt Pepper (reprise)
All My Lovin - Lucy In the Sky w/ Diamonds
Drive My Car - Good Morning
Ticket to Ride - When I'm 64
It Won't Be Long - Lovely Rita
Should Have Known Better - Getting Better All the Time
Help - Little Help From My Friends
Hard Days Night - Sgt Pepper
Can't Buy Me Love - Day in the Life
I did a Yellow Submarine/Abbey Road music mix a while back too!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/561629319

Well, it looks like you are a Sgt. Pepper's fan.

I prefer The White Album myself.

2 weeks later
#612 3 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I'm thinking of picking up a Beatles sometime soon. Such a fun game. I have a question about moving it down a flight of stairs. I would normally hire someone or get a buddy or two to help out (my back is on the fritz and I'm not a huge guy), but don't think that will be possible in the age of the apocalypse. I'm thinking I could break it down in my garage--playfield, head, and glass--and move it down piece by piece. Any idea what the cabinet weighs without the backbox and playfield? Do you all think that strategy would be feasible with this game with the help of my average-sized 14 year old son? Thanks for any insights.

I had to remove the back box on my Munsters to bring it home. That was a painless exercise. The wiring you need to mess with is minimal.

You will need to remove the bolts that attach the pivot brackets to the back box. To avoid scratching your cabinet, place some cardboard or other barrier between the brackets and the cab and remove the brackets from the cab. Also, one of the nuts that the bracket bolts to is hard to get to so you will have to unbolt something inside the back box for access to that one nut. Once you have that done, there are two attachment points on the back; Remove 2 bolts and the back box lifts right off.

After that, then you unplug the play field and the play field should just slide on out. Get a friend to help do that job. The play field is heavy.

The rest of it you will figure out.

I suppose the cab in stripped condition is 40-50 pounds. Maybe less. If you have a dolly and some straps you should have no problem moving the cab.

What you want to do is very feasible. Go for it.

1 week later
#637 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Another $80 and you can slap in the platinum translite, which I dig the most.
I think theme-wise, the Gold makes the most sense with the Vox accents. Not the hugest fan of any fake gold powder coat, but they did a nice job with the sparkles in it... looks pretty great in person.
[quoted image]

It looks very good in person. And you never notice it when you are playing.

1 week later
#667 3 months ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks! Mine definitely looks wonky in comparison.

Your guide just needs to have the metal rolled a little bit more. I don't think it would be too difficult to remove the guide and sort of massage it around a a small piece of pipe.

#673 3 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Think it's time to reduce sling power on this game...anyone have a suggestion?

Get some larger sling coils.

#681 89 days ago

What was it that got your attention there, Jimmy Honda? Did the small pipe rings some bells for you

2 months later
#776 19 days ago
Quoted from Patcraig1:

I wish they'd made it out of plastic.

I made a plastic diverter for my friend's Beatles. They are not that hard to make. Get a piece of .020" polycarbonate (Lexan), make your cuts and one bend and you are good to go.

What you cannot see in the picture is that my plastic completely covers the play field plastic all the way up. When you step up to play it is not noticeable.

9ef0c44f62110ede4896f76ca653762bb9c657d6.jpeg (resized).jpg

#779 15 days ago
Quoted from Patcraig1:

Nice. Looks like it was factory installed...although now that you've told me it covers the entire cover, I can see the thickness change. I think I'll do the same. Really don't like the look of the metal. The artwork is worth the effort.

Thank you.

Let me correct myself. I used .040 polycarbonate. Not .020 as I stated. .020 will probably work great. But I wanted to clear this up.

It does work, too. Twice, while playing my friend's Beatles, I had the ball jump the plastic, hit the diverter, and bounce right back into play.

Make sure that you place the bend below the plastics screw so that the ball can roll on by.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside