(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#395 4 years ago

Just could not resist the temptation with the NIB Gold pricing finally falling into the mid 6 range and pulled the trigger today. Now I need to figure out how to get it into the gameroom and convince my wife its been there the whole time! Love this stye game and the theme is just perfect really looking forward to it bar any out of box issues.....

#398 4 years ago

As I just jumped into the pond and it’s coming Monday, do you guys/gals think the Stern topper is worth the $400? I will assume there are no other options. Can’t find videos showing how interactive the light show is on it. Hate to be cheap now but it does look nice.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

The topper on the Beatles is a must
I love it, makes it look nice and tall, like the rest of my Stern’s[quoted image]

Thanks much for the feedback. I ended up finding a video online and I agree looks great and completes the look perfectly. Now I have yet Another explanation to make with mama....

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Contact Stern with your game serial number and request the anti-loft ball deflector kit #502–7088-00[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thanks for the heads up! As luck would have it the game left this morning and with a few pleases they are delivering it tomorrow for an all Beatles weekend! Need to get some of this repair kits thanks.

#409 4 years ago

A fine Friday for sure! Beatles arrived home safe with not a single issue or blemish. (yes playfield included..) Topper comes next week but a blast to play and Really glad we jumped in!! Love it Yeah Yeah!

IMG_4108 (resized).jpgIMG_4108 (resized).jpg
#410 4 years ago

Minor goofy question. Is there a reason this game does not have door switches like other Stern titles to cut power and know the door is open?

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They got rid of it for a few spike games. It is back again with JP2 or maybe with bk3k

Thanks! Thought it was odd not an issue though. Loving the game so far!

#414 4 years ago

Not my go to for most games but I added speakerlightkits yesterday and it fits the theme/era Perfectly! Psychedelic slow array is spot on awesome. Install not tough though I rather dislike the plastic standoffs which is minor. Great price for an awesome look. Topper hopefully this week then I need to work on playing better. Should have that done in 20 more years.

8A6A2B82-1AEE-4C5A-AC44-052BF32378C1 (resized).jpeg8A6A2B82-1AEE-4C5A-AC44-052BF32378C1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#416 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just got off the phone with Stern. Super Service. They're shipping out my kit this week. : )

Same here. One email and the kit is on the way. Didn’t think it was necessary until I played a few dozen games. Like playing tennis lol

2 weeks later
#427 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

That's the thing. When our son comes over, the three of us will often play a game of WOZ. If he needs to leave within 30 minutes, it's not worth starting. Now, we aren't great players and most of the time we can play a game in well under 30 minutes; however, if anyone has a great ball, they can eat up most of that time. Plus given my ADHD, I can get bored when it's my ball!
(And our son is probably a bigger Beatles fan than we are, which is saying something)
I have very limited space and a good bit is filled with non-video arcade games, so I have to be picky. I'll just sit patiently waiting for a good deal to pop up...at least until some other shiny object catches my eye (remember, ADHD)
I was trying to find a matrix to show the differences between the gold and platinum edition...does one exist out there?

The Matrix is easy. Armor color and a lighter wallet! lol I bought the Gold and Very happy with that choice. Such a great game of old meets new. One of my top 5 go to pins currently and by no means easy. I like yourself held out till Rational pricing came out. Lucked out with a 6700 delivered NIB price popped up which I feel is the fair price for this game. 8k not so much...

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Some help please. My left upper flipper slowly returns to its resting position after being activated. Just started this after only 278 plays. Any advice as to how I fix this?
Thanks

My guess is the flipper clearance up and down is to tight or the return spring failed. More then likely to tight. Flipper should move up and down with fingers about 1/16”. Good luck.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

What are people seeing with respect to the clearcoat and chipping? I saw some posts from about four months ago, but nothing since. Now, I'm not one to pull out the 10x loupe to inspect a playfield, but am interested in people's thoughts on this and any other wear/age related issues that would not be expected based on the amount of play their game has received.

Mine looks and plays fine. Enjoying this game much more then I though. A great fast play modern twist.

1 month later
#448 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

So , I take it all Stern Toppers for this model are out? Any word on a second build? There is not one accessory listed on the Stern Pinball site in reference to this model.....Love me doo doo!

Pinballs.com shows it in stock. Good luck.

2 weeks later
#464 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Help request-
Recently, when the spinner starts or when the magnet is activated while the spinner is activated, the spinner thumps up and down a couple times. This used to not happen, and I cannot see anything obviously loose when I look and poke at the spinner under the game.
Sometimes when the spinner is going and the ball goes above the top magnet, it also seemingly triggers the spinner magnet and causes some thumping.
Can anyone give me a hint as to what to look for? The attached video shows the behavior in diagnostic mode.

My guess is its a simple jamb nut that is out of adjustment that retains the spinning shaft. Have you tried looking at the assembly in the manual?

1 month later
#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is the topper interactive with the game at all? Anyone care to post a video of it in action?

Yes the Beatlemania letters interact with the game. Several videos already on YouTube. One of the few games I felt Really needed the topper. Especially considering the price...

1 month later
#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

It's tough to get a picture, but you can see them through the painters tape I marked them with.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would just call the distributor or Stern. Technically a wet sand with 1500 grit would make that disappear but thats your call.

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

anyone else have an issue with the ball going down the outlane when the ball goes behind the FAB targets?
Really annoying, I looked at the ball guide but there isn't much to bend.

I had that issue when a rubber was installed on the lane post. Removed and never had it happen again. Loving this game.

3 weeks later
#618 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello,
Can someone tell me where you find these miniature guitars, lunch box and record player? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find them. Thank you!![quoted image]

On EBay all the time. Low cost xmas tree ornaments.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

One nice thing about this game is it really doesn’t call for many mods that enhance gameplay other than the airball protectors. The game is silly fast. I may look into reducing sling power a little. Anyone have suggestions?

Agreed. I did get the lunch box and phonograph ornaments off Ebay but other then that its awesome as is. You DO however need that Stern airball protector. Crazy how that ball flies off that target without it. Enjoy a Great game, we love ours.

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I wasn't paying attention when this game first came out. Can anybody help with a couple of questions...
What was the actual price (not msrp) NIB buyers were paying distributors for Gold and Platinum editions?
What is the current price sellers are getting for either in the used market?
I've seen some big price listing variations in the marketplace.

For Beatles it’s a bit of a commodity’s purchase. Meaning... In order for distributors to make the Big profits and get the money maker platinum and diamond games they have to buy Gold games in bulk lots. With that said, your big player distributors do this and offer burn off the Gold games at crazy discount so they can make $$$ on the limited ones. The majority of distributors I called said they could hardly discount as they only bought a few. I went to Game Room Guys and got a NIB Gold delivered for 6700. They run these on crazy sale when they need to pull another allotment. Good luck, Great game.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All three games play exactly the same.
Hey you guys keep talking airball protector...but I’ve been playing for months and have not seen an airball issue. Where does this happen?

At the center drop targets. Works great with the free protector.

#640 3 years ago

Have been loving this game with the time off. Someone asked about best mod/addition. If you haven’t done so the Pinsider that redid the Beatles animations and added ALL of The Beatles albums has my vote. Simple and free. Great way to fully enjoy the game. Love it.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mine is hopefully going to be the tiny iron thing I have on the way from Amazon to deal with all 12 of my pooling posts before they start to chip. Thanks for the recommend btw

Dam sorry to hear you had issues. That repair guide does work though and Many have messaged me with their success. Good luck let me know if you have questions.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Heh thanks... but what can ya do, shit happens. Happened on my TNA, happened on my Maiden LE. It’s on my Wonka too. End of the day they all still play great and I’m over getting stressed about it
But stoked you found a simple solution... hopefully this will prevent future chipping as apparently buyers don’t appreciate chipped artwork on the PF I guess.

Can’t promise but to date I have done Hundreds of posts for friends and my games and I have had No further issues and any that were there are gone. Just make sure you have the Mylar rings to seal. Then it’s pretty fool proof. Good luck.

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks! The Wonka looks like mine, except I have a little paint chipping. My Beatles has the same issue. Not selling them any time soon, so will try your process.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help. (with questions lol.) Not going to Seattle for a while now...

#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I am assuming you wait a few minutes until the iron heats up to capacity?

I let it heat up I just don't leave it cook for hours. The key is Not to iron, simply 3-5 second presses. Each press view result.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I too just took the plunge. Was working on a swap for a SW premium, but covid got in the way and ended up buying NIB. $7550 cash (no cc) including shipping. That seems to be about average pricing, but I must admit I didn’t do as much research as I normally do. I bought from a distributor I haven’t bought new from before. Hopefully that works out.
Anyone else want to share recent pricing?

With prices all over the map on this game just enjoy it and don’t look back. Really a fun game.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is $7,600 the street price from a distributor on this?

Not if you shop around. As I posted distributor and price previously they can be had for much less.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I agree. That’s why I am going to lower the sling power to see if that helps.

Mines been a bit crazy too. Have had the ball Slung into the shooter lane multiple times already.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Does this game have some sort of Midnight Madness mode?

The only one I was aware is the Xmas date mode where it played Xmas content.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Last post for today. While cleaning the game last night, I noticed for the 1st time something obvious on the jackpot shot. I'm surprised that I didn't notice this much sooner. No editorializing, just the photo.
[quoted image]

Ok, I give. What surprise?

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I don't think GRG is doing that deal anymore, got one from them and like a week later the price was back at msrp.

As I mentioned earlier it’s a timing thing. When they are near ordering the next required batch of X games to acquire the limited platinum and diamond games they typically burn them out at wholesale. You are correct though, weeks after I got my game they shot back up to 8k.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Gotta say it again. I changed to 5 ball and had a blast last night. I had three multiballs, lights shows, songs, sounds, high scores .... all that great stuff that makes pinball fun for me.
I’m way too old
Life is way too short
I paid way too much
My hat is off to you guys that can do it all in three!

Must confess I took (stole) your advise and did the same and have been enjoying much more of the game. Will convert back to traditional if I ever learn how to play better. Awesome game.

3 weeks later
#744 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

If I may ask, where have you seen them in the low 6's? I think I only saw that one time, and that was when The Gameguys had them on sale; I think it was last August?

That’s where I got mine and it was in the low 6’s as he mentioned. Prices go up and down, just have to be ready to go when they are. Awesome game.

1 month later
#773 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think that's possible with tempered glass.
Silver Slugger was designed to have the ball hit the glass every plunge.

Some might disagree with your wisdom....

dfgh (resized).jpgdfgh (resized).jpg
2 months later
#814 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Had a buddy over to battle on Beatles.
My first two balls drained instantly scoring only 400k combined. But my 3rd ball was great, and I came back over 4M on one ball.
Unfortunately, my buddy was player two.[quoted image]

To funny love the surprise ending. Both are actually amazing scores.

2 weeks later
#831 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I’ll stop now as the fanboys get all riled up and ready to say that’s a bunch of BS, Beatles is wonderful, yadda yadda...

Yeah it’s crazy to think in the Beatles Owners Club thread people might support and enjoy the game. Must be a fanboy thing your right?

1 week later
#849 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Anyone know if there is someplace I can buy a gold replacement leg? Joined the club today but the shipping company mangled one of the legs beyond repair...

Stern would be a good first choice as they custom painted these units.

1 month later
#855 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

What do you all have your incline set to? I picked up a digital inclinometer and realized I was right at 7 degrees. I backed back down to 6.5 and the game plays significantly better. It is still very fast, but the shots are better now. I can more often hit the left loop from the lower right flipper now, when I would have trouble before. I hit 9 consecutive loops as well when before my best was 4. I cracked 10 million last night and a couple 8 and 9 million games recently. Previous best was in the 4 million range.

Wow 10 mil well done. I have mine around 6.8 ish and Love this game. Especially with the custom album package!

3 weeks later
#892 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Where are people getting the spinning record player mod?

There are several variations on Ebay around $30. Its a xmas tree ornament.

ebay.com link: New The Beatles Pinball Machine Vintage Record Player Mod

3 weeks later
#902 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I had consistent airballs before I installed the plastic shield. the ball would roll over the resetting targets and Wham! It was so bad the ball would hit off the glass and many times land down on the plastic above 'mystery' and roll right down into the drain. There's a ball diverter (metal) for that also.

Same for me. Crazy air balls for me off the drop targets till adding the plastic guard. Stern sends it out for free so its a simple fix. Way better with the plastic.

1 month later
#937 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah good catch and love the attention to detail!

Come on please what changed and did we miss it?

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I only played one game earlier to check it out but any idea if there is any happy birthday game over callout like the Xmas one you occasionally hear in December?

Very cool missed it. Love the little personal touches they added. Thanks.

7 months later
#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Just join the party yesterday. Awesome pin.
Having few issues thou:
1 - my pin was NIB with the 1.15 code (is this the latest? Pinside shows 1.10 as latest which does not make sense)
2 - I have the metal protector but no FAB or FOUR protector for flying balls out of the box. Is this something I should buy or ask Stern for it? I found the FOUR protector to but not the FAB (which actually does cause more flying balls than thr FOUR).
3 - the inner/outer post with no rubber can damage the balls? Where is a good place to buy and what is the size it will fit? 3/8? I saw a pink one posted here before. Links? Just wanted to make sure the rubber will not interfere with the lanes and also with the SJP drop.
4 - anyone does change the strength of the flippers? Does it helps with the flying balls? I have all on factory now.
Thanks

1 visit Stern.com and see what the newest code is
2 contact Stern and they will provide the air ball protector.
3 won’t damage balls. With a rubber on the post the ball will exit out lane on skill shot and drop lane. Don’t put them on.
4 standard is fine or adjust to your preference.

1 month later
#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks homie! Here is the other part of the video I took from below the playfield looking at my gears and such, perhaps if anyone is bored you can see if yours seems to have as much play as mine does.

Looking at the manual it looks like a simple fix. The disk (part #6) has a set screw in the collar that locks onto that shaft. Its likely just not locked at the correct spot or slid down. You need to hold down disk level with playfield, hold gear up and tighten at correct location on shaft so it can't slide up and down.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.57.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.57.17 PM (resized).png

#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep, I already did this, but it is still moving.

Thats odd. If the disk is Down all the way to the flat position and the gear is all the way up against the sleeve collar it shouldn't be able to move.

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay so just messed with this thing for two hours and it’s no better. Stern recommended releveling the whole mech which I did. Turns out it makes no difference since the magnet is causing so much hoping. Anyone else got any ideas. I tried multiple times to make sure everything is in place and assembled right I’m just pretty convinced that lowest gear has slid down the shaft. Anyone willing to take a close look at their gear shaft and see if yours has the same scratches on it?

Does seem like the gear did slide down a bit on the knerled shaft a bit. The only fix I can see is to add a washer (maybe 2) to each of the #4 screws (see detail) between the #1 bracket and the gear box. This would take up that roughly 1/8" gap and eliminate the play up and down. Should work fine without changing the playfield mounting points. Good luck.

1 month later
#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just ordered a Beatles NIB from the last run and getting next week. Stoked!
Always wanted a Beatles and it was kind of now or never. There are a couple of Beatles left here and there if anyone wants one since we are on last call. They are less than Stern Prems. Something to think about.
Will read up on this thread later.

You won't be dissapointed in your decision. Such a great game especially if you add the "forum created" custom album playlist. Fun, fast, and perfectly integrated the way pinball should be. Congrats!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.