(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Well, who else is excited for this and joining the club other than me?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's the pricing and what 8 songs?

Less than 8k for the gold

All my loving
Can’t buy me love
Help
Ticket to ride
Drive my car
It won’t be long
I should have known better
Hard day’s night

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Less than 8k for the gold
All my loving
Can’t buy me love
Help
Ticket to ride
Drive my car
It won’t be long
Hard day’s night

9th song added - Taxman

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I like last 3 songs they added.

I would have liked to see Day Tripper but the 9 they got are pretty good.

#8 5 years ago

Anyone else joining the club!

#12 5 years ago

What do you all make of Joe K comments about there being a possible wizard mode?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I was at Stern yesterday. All 3 versions were on the line. The graphics and display are amazing. The game really comes together because of it. Nobody in this club will regret this purchase. It was an expensive investment, but it's the frickin' Beatles. I can't wait.

Did they let you play it?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Which podcast was that? The only reference I remember in one of them was to “wizardy things.” Looking forward to seeing the video content.

I think it was the head 2 head with the Gary Stern interview immediately after Joe.

Pretty sure he said its an approachable game with enhanced rules that aren’t as easy as you would think and also believe he said something along the lines that there is even something there for those who like to dig deep and enjoy wizard modes.

I took that to mean there maybe something other than the 5 modes and 2 multi-balls, what else could he mean by saying that?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

This set is great for topper.....$200 bucks at amazon.......about 10" tall
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

That is pretty cool. Wonder if it’s wider than the head of the machine?

My distributor said there is supposed to be a factory topper available for purchase.

#20 5 years ago

I’m hoping we see a video of actual gameplay this week.

Odd that since they are shipping so soon and nothing yet.

#22 5 years ago

Not sure what this is but can you download and share again for us non Facebook people?

#23 5 years ago

No IAAPA pictures or video?

#24 5 years ago

Anyone have any concrete info on shipping yet?

After seeing the videos today I’m really excited to get this!

#26 5 years ago

For those that have played it at IAAPA, are the song lengths adequate and integrated well?

Does code seem complete or are there any areas where polish is needed?

#27 5 years ago

Sound of crickets...............

Am I seeing lit apron?

#30 5 years ago

Watched some of the videos that were posted and don’t recall seeing taxman or help in any of the gameplay.

Anyone know how these are actually integrated?

How is the sound quality of the songs and callouts?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I’m in for a gold model, have been watching some vids and it looks really nice
I like the layout, as it’d be very different from everything else that’s in my very ramp-centric collection
However I’m really hoping the code will be fleshed out
I’m thinking a proper wizard mode is essential (maybe tied in with Taxman, that’d be great)
I understand that a hard days night multiball can only be qualified by completing the 5 main tracks, but surely that couldn’t constitute as the wizard mode
That’d be too easy for seasoned players, I know of people that have played the game at IAAPA and have managed to reach AHDN multiball in just a few plays

I think all nine songs are utilized for something already and taxman is a main gameplay song from what I understand.

A true wizard mode would likely need the addition of a 10th song. Daytripper would be a good time for this!

1 week later
#37 5 years ago

Anyone get their machine yet?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Mine arrived Wednesday. It’s really fast and the ball times are fairly short. Songs/modes are selectable. Great animations. I love it, it’s a nice change from the other games in my collection.
[quoted image]

That is friggin cool, do the heads bobble when titling?

#41 5 years ago

After watching the dead flip stream where he got to the final mode it makes me hope that perhaps in a code update they either add 1 additional main gameplay song just to reduce the frequency of taxman and can’t buy me love. Would love to see Day Tripper in this game?

Another thought would be if you do complete hard days night rather than rinse repeat add some sort of super wizard mode.

Just a wishlist as a pending owner, looks superb otherwise!

#42 5 years ago

The Beatles are arriving Friday! Anyone else get theirs this week?

#44 5 years ago

Congrats. I've put a little over 100 games on mine already.

wow, you've had it a week right? Best score so far?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wonder what happens when you flip the score? Does it just go back to zeros or is there a 100,000,000 indicator?

That would be quite the feat to do with the glass on!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought Taxman was going to be the drain song.

There are times where your playing but aren’t in one of the 5 modes or the wizard and mini wizard jackpot mode.

So during main gameplay you randomly get can’t buy me love or taxman. I’m hoping they can get a third song in future update. There is no text or inserts associated with these main game play songs to my knowledge.

Come on Stern make it an even 10 songs, 9 is a odd number and 10 sounds much better!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Madkao:

Got mine. Loving it so far. Still trying to figure out the rules. Any suggestions as to where the rules can be found on the internet? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Watch the deadflip stream on twitch. They covered a bunch of rules.

#54 5 years ago

The Beatles have landed!

391E0B29-FA38-43F4-94E3-01E70A45D889 (resized).jpeg391E0B29-FA38-43F4-94E3-01E70A45D889 (resized).jpeg
#57 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you going to save your box?
Your serial number is 285896.
Can you lucky owners post your serial numbers for comparison? I'd like to understand Stern's serial numbering system. Such as, will pin number 1964 have a serial number that reflects that?

I’ve never saved a box before not sure why I would start now. My kids make them into houses for a bit, lol.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

"Over the top" Gary comes on screen and congratulates you

I have to say, not sure what is different about the speakers on this title but this game has the best sounding sound I’ve heard in a pinball machine. Lots of bass so the bass guitar sounds awesome. Most machine sound hollow and shitty. I’m impressed.

The gold armor is killer too, what a nice looking machine!

4C5100F1-761D-44E8-BF22-857C3A53A6C7 (resized).jpeg4C5100F1-761D-44E8-BF22-857C3A53A6C7 (resized).jpeg
#62 5 years ago

What’s everyone doing with the really nice looking door decal that doesn’t fit?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Between Stern Electronics and Stern (today), Gary Stern was Data East. DE had some great sounding stereo. I have a DE Robocop and the sound is super. Perhaps some of the DE engineers continue work for Stern.
If my guess is correct, you also have excellent sound separation, as well. Only 22" between the speakers and the sound separation is killer.
Do you also have a single speaker mounted to the bottom of the cabinet?

Correct on one speaker in bottom cabinet. I’ll have to take a closer look but it sounds more like a woofer and there are several more speaker adjustments in the menu. Not just treble and bass but frequency response and tones level for each speaker etc....
It sounds really really good!

#65 5 years ago

Anyone getting the occasional airball of the center drops?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

By the way, does anyone have the song list available??

Taxman
Can’t buy me love
All my loving
It won’t be long
Help
Drive my car
Hard day’s night
Ticket to ride

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

As a followup to the post I just sent, here are two specific examples/questions regarding rules and what adjustments might be available to make the game more difficult:
(1) After plunging ball 1 and starting the chosen mode let's assume you do not make enough shots to complete the mode. As you start ball 2, is the mode you started and did not complete credited to you (i.e., you don't have to play it again and complete it to work toward the Hard Day's Night multiball) or do you have to go back to the mode and finish it it to get it lit solid (to get credit toward Hard Day's Night? Do the adjustments in the game allow for altering how modes are credited and what is needed to complete them? I wonder, because if you don't have to chose the mode again and complete it, that means you will get credit for three of the five modes needed to get to Hard Day's Night simply by plunging the 3 balls in regular play. Also, if you earn an extra ball, does that mean a fourth mode of the five could be started just by plunging balls?
(2) Also as it relates to starting a mode each ball simply by plunging, do the adjustments allow for changing this at all? For example, I understand that when you complete a mode during a ball, you have to knock down all of the Fab Four targets to set up the loop magnet shot to start the next mode. Do the adjustment settings, for example, allow for having to knock down the Fab Four targets before starting any mode rather than immediately starting the chosen mode when a ball is plunged?
I feel the current rules are probably effective for those not very familiar with the game to get them into playing it, but the above questions relate to what I mean by adjustments that might be there that allow for making the game more challenging over time so that one does not get to the point where it becomes too "easy" from frequent play via owning it at home. This is my biggest concern regarding purchasing this machine, but Stern has provided no info on the flexibility of the software to address this.
Thanks.

There are various levels of difficulty for each mode in the settings and standard I believe is the easy setting, might be using wrong term. I haven’t had that much time to dig into all of that but I will say while the rules are pretty staight forward, I wouldn’t exactly call it easy. There are a couple streams on twitch by some very high level players and it seemed to be challenging for them at times.
The game is fast and furious and pure fun, on average ball times not super long.

#73 5 years ago

Anyone else getting a very occasional wild airball off the middle FOUR drop targets?

I tried reducing upper left and right flipper power to soft and don’t see an adjustment for the lower flippers. Reducing power didn’t seem to eliminate it.

Happens from lower two flippers and upper left. Ball goes airborne to the left usually off the side art and hits the plastic and down onto PF.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have questions. Is there a skill shot and if so what is it, and does the switch behind the lower left bank of drop targets only register when lit for jackpot? I knocked the targets down, but while down and the ball hit the switch nothing seemed to happen. I'm also wondering why Stern didn't incorporate song select before ball shots as they have in previous titles.

There is song/mode select with the flipper, you can move the flasher around. All my love only available on ball 3.

I think the 2 skill shots are the short plunge justnout of gate and over the star rollover and the other being a plunge to the magnet and down through the pops.

The jackpot target should only register when jackpot is lit, not sure why it would do anything else.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I believe there’s a skill shot with a medium plunge to the right flipper and making the loop shot.

So medium plunge to right flipper then left loop? Kind of a combo skill shot.

What’s the 4th skill shot, I think I posted the other two.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzeverywhere:

There is an adjustment which requires you to spell FAB-FOUR before the top loop will light to start a song. It is "Choose Song At Ball Plunge". Factory setting is YES.
Also, increasing the song timers will make it more difficult to start new songs, which means everyone still gets 3 songs, but not too many people will get the 5th song (and thus, HDN multiball)

Does increasing song timer increase how long the song plays within the mode?

Played a couple games today and didn’t notice the holiday surprise. Yes I have my date/time set. When does this happen?

#83 5 years ago

Short plunge=skill shot worth 10k
Medium plunge to upper right flipper and make the loop=super skill shot worth 25k
Plunge to the top of the orbit to drain into the pops=super duper skill shot worth 100k
Plus there’s a super secret skill shot I’ll let you find.

Awesome...thanks!

#84 5 years ago

Just a heads up, Stern is currently making a airball plastic for the middle bank of drop targets.

Several have been having some serious airball flyers.

Call/email Stern, David would be the one to speak to.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Are they sending these out free of charge with proof of ownership? Or is it being sold as an upgrade?

Sending free and was notified late last night they are ready and shipping ASAP.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'll have to try again because I attempted to change the songs using the flippers just as you would any of the stern titles, but the song would not change. Maybe the owner has it disabled if that's even possible.

There is a setting to make all songs available each ball so he may have that turned off however I thing all my loving multiball is only selectable on last ball. Like a consolation prize I guess..lol

#89 5 years ago

Anyone crack 10 mil yet?

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I've just barely cracked 1 mil all this week. I really need to see the rule set and what scores big.

It’s really getting the multipliers and collecting lots of chapters but I’m sure there is some other scoring to be had.

My high is 7 mil.

#92 5 years ago

What’s the general consensus on Outland rubbers? To install or not?

Not looking to make game easier, I like brutal and fast!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ok. I’m halfway there on buying this pin. Music pins can get stale real quick so wondering if there is/ will be a way to change or add songs to the gameplay?

oga83 is working on getting the code working in pinball browser so I would assume changes can be made.

The sound package is very good though, smooth transitions and sound quality is superb.

#103 5 years ago

There are definitely some other subtle changes in this code update.

I think I’m hearing a couple new call outs, don’t recall seeing the timers for the modes displayed, score is now displayed in corner during match sequence(don’t think that was there previously), there was some imagery added for the super duper hidden skill shot which I haven’t figured out how to shoot yet!

This is such an enjoyable game and definitely going to be difficult to get to taxman multiball!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSkol:

It(Beatles) being my 1st pinball machine, what software did you use to unzip the '.spk' code ?

Pretty simple

Download file from Stern site to blank 8gb flash drive.

Remove backglass on machine and insert the drive into USB port then turn on machine and follow prompts.

Takes a couple minutes to update

There are instructions in the read me file on Stern site to walk you though the process.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSkol:

That was my 1st mistake, reading the install instructions... The 'read me' mentions unzipping once the code is downloaded to create 3 files to be copied to a USB. That was where I was struggling. Thanks for your help. I'm up and running new code.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Got to taxman multiball. Assuming this is as far as the the game goes currently. Is that accurate?
[quoted image]

Wow! 23 mil is over 3x what I’ve seen anyone score on this including the streams from Stern. Nice Job!

Yes Taxman is the final mode currently.

#112 5 years ago

Finally got into the code on pinball browser to take a look at the sound files.

I’m wanting to work Daytripper in some how.

Can’t buy me love has a 2 minute track that I haven’t determined if it is a loop of full song yet.
Was thinking about cutting it in half and mixing the new track in.

Ideally I would like to take taxman out of main gameplay since it is in the wizard mode and randomly on game over but I think it is one song request for all 3 uses.

Any thoughts on this?

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks. My previous best was like 6.3M. The game had that feeling of "I'll never do this again" Strangely, I was ready to step up and play it again right away....which isn't always the case when you get through a game.

Man, it would be bad ass if you would work some other songs in. Replacing Taxman is an cool idea for the reasons you stated. Excited to see what you come up with.

I’ll let you know what I come up with but I figured it couldn’t hurt to email stern saying you now have this song you could potentially here 3 different times in a single game.
Get another added so you can only hear taxman 1-2 times.

Minor gripe but can’t hurt.

1 week later
#115 5 years ago

Question, sling shot power setting range from 9 to 64 with default being 11. What would be the setting to weaken them a tad?

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I played this pin a couple of weeks ago but don’t recall hearing typical pinball sound effects along with the music..... yes/ no?

They there, the pops are drum sounds, spinners have sounds, pretty sure all the rollovers have sounds including the star.

Not sure what your referring to?

#119 5 years ago

Any news on the Beatles topper?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Two simple questions? How do I specifically advance to a new song during a ball? How do I advance the drop targets? Thanks!

I may be wrong but was under the impression you need to drop the Fab Four targets followed by the 1964 then shoot a loop, magnet will hold and new song/mode can be started. This may not quite be 100% correct though.

#123 5 years ago

What is interactive about it? Do the band members light up when collected on PF?

#128 5 years ago

What’s the word on the topper? No mention in the stern of the union, avail for purchase?

1 week later
#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I had a chance to play the Beatles (silver I believe) at Sunshine. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it as a nice mix between retro and modern games. However I'm a bit confused at how the video assets are implemented. The graphics they created are full screen, but the video clips from the ED Sullivan show are not full screen and have black borders visible. While this can sometimes be an aesthetic choice, ( can be with rounded corners) to make a video seem more CRT TV set like, I noticed the borders are not consistent (meaning the video was placed unevenly- I think closer to the top and left).
Is this just sloppy work on the part of Stern?
Bring a filmmaker and video editor I like notice things like this but I'm surprised such a high profile release was sent out this way.

Never noticed what your describing, usually busy playing the game.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

These are pics of the tv installed in Pinsider Backflipper's game.
Video is of three or four tv concerts, screaming girls in the audience, Ed Sullivan, etc. I think it's about 20-30 mins before it repeats.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tv looks cool, I’m mulling it over!

#136 5 years ago

Any update on availability of the topper or how exactly it’s interactive?

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone know how you get an add a ball during MB?
I’ve done it a few times but have no idea what I did

Not sure the exact shot sequence. I’ve had it happen pretty early in the mb and well into it also. I was beginning to think mystery award but not sure.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Damn. Same here. Hopefully someone can chime in.
What about the super secret skill shot?

Super secret shot is pretty slick!

Took me a long time to figure that one out.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m thinking about buying this title and was just curious about the ratio of games played to game satisfaction or boredom.

I’ve got about 300 plays on mine and definitely no boredom at my house. Very enjoyable game and a nice change of pace/gameplay style.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone put together some custom rule cards? Kind of surprised Stern didn’t include some. Game shipped on free play so I feel like it was intended for home use..

Hopefully someone makes a nice set. I hate those POS yellow cards.

#158 5 years ago

According to the Feb stern of the union we have a code update coming this month.

Any guesses what may be changed/added?

#161 5 years ago

New code 1.10 is out

New setting to allow more songs during main gameplay, did they add additional music?

#163 5 years ago

From Stern site
V1.10
==================
- Added additional topper lamp effects.
- Added adjustments to allow each drop target bank to be disabled (rules will compensate)
- Added adjustment to allow more songs to play during mainplay. (default = NO)
- Mystery Award will choose "Add Time" once per timed song.
- Custom message is now displayed every pass through attract mode (was every 10 passes).
- Increased Extra Ball points award to 200,000 and Special points award to 400,000.
- Added flipper power adjustments for lower flippers.
- Upper flipper power was not persisting across game power cycle. This has been corrected.
- Slingshot power has been modified and the default slingshot power is now 20.
- Super Skill Shot and Super Duper Skill Shot values are now increased with each successful shot.
- Super Duper Skill audit was not being recorded correctly.
- Reduced the window where a jackpot shot via the left orbit will not score if a ball
is being auto-plunged as the result of a ball save or add-a-ball.
- Removed the Bonus X Extra Ball award. This was not a part of Sea Witch rules.
- Added new adjustment "LEFT OUTLANE COURTESY SAVE" (default: NO) which will activate a ball save
if a shot which hits the super jackpot target (behind FAB) results in a quick left outlane drain.
This is valid during single ball play only.
- Increased Secret Skill shot value to 75,000
- Added additional display messages for Beatlemania Multiball/Hard Days Night
- Added additional display messages when a song advances to the next scoring level
- Mystery: Increased Light Extra Ball award percentage slightly
- Mystery now progresses in a certain award order when in competition mode:
25K, ADV Bonus X, 2X POPS, 50K, 2X Left Spinner, Beatlemania Letter, 2X Right Spinner, Hold Bonus, 100K
Add A Ball will always be awarded as the first award after All My Loving or Beatlemania Multiball Starts
Add Time will always be awarded as the first award after a timed song starts
- Added adjustment "Taxman Qualifying Difficulty" (Default = HARD) Setting this to EASY means that a single jackpot
during All My Loving multiball and getting to level 3 on all other songs will qualify Taxman.
- System Change (Version 2.21): Added Custom Coin Door Editor - See below:

Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
- You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
- If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.

#170 5 years ago

Played this game once and loved it so I picked it up last week and was very surprised to discover all the modes for such a basic game really one of the best Stern games out right now.
P.s. Had to get Coil Stop replacement first day. Now that Stern is making parts Lead-free...
[quoted image
Yep great game, glad your enjoying it!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Adrian:

$14,000 Aussie dollars a lot of money but I'm happy

Fun and happy are priceless regardless of currency! Jmho.

2 weeks later
#199 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Great . . . thanks for the update!

In the meantime, as RebelGuitars suggested.

Go to your local Home Depot and get a small piece of lexan, remove the plastic behind the four target and trace to roughly 1.5 -2 times the depth so the piece of lexan sticks out over the drops.

Drill out and install, works perfect while
waiting for the stern fix, no airballs while waiting!

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was wondering the same thing last night. I put the rubbers on and made the right outline too tight. I thought it was a misaligned post! I’ll file down the rubber a bit ....it at least helps protect the balls from scratching.
Does anyone have their upper left flipper set to low versus normal?

Yes, reduced upper flipper power to low and dialed back the sling shots 2 settings as well. I really recommend cutting the lexan airball protector while waiting for the stern one to ship. You will get a crazy airball when you least expect it!

#219 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in the new code with an interesting sound nugget added with pinball browser let me know.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The Lexan thickness should be no thicker than the original plastic?

It’s thicker, you can get at HD in a small sheet like 8x10 size.

Once you cut to size, remove the two nuts and plastic and put the lexan down then plastic and install nuts.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

What tool do you recommend for cutting the lexan?

I cut mine with a dremel tool but it cuts pretty easy, can probably cut it successfully with a saw having fine tooth blade as well.

#231 5 years ago

I want to say the stuff at Home Depot is .3 or .38 thick. Really can’t see it breaking.

#232 5 years ago

Anyone else noticing some new sounds and callouts with the new code?

I know I’m hearing some different stuff depending on the type of drain. I had three balls go out at once during All my loving and I swear I heard someone laugh.

#236 5 years ago

Anyone have any good video of the topper in action?

#242 5 years ago

Clear plastic or did they get creative and throw some art on it?

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would guess that it is clear. If it is thinner / cheaper grade I’ll keep my homemade version on. My corners are even rounded off so looks pretty good and has worked really well.

I wasn’t sure if they printed the art that was on the original plastic onto part of the airball shield, like the other up by 1964 targets.
Would eliminate stacking of plastics and be a cleaner install but I guess that would be asking too much of stern, lol

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, but if it were to break you will only need to worry about that one small cheap piece instead of the more expensive art piece.

True but the other airball deflector is made that way so why not have it uniform in appearance?

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't have one of these pins and only can make opinions based of what I can find on the computer.
I thought that there were no air ball issues with the upper four drops and that the plastic does not look like it is jutting out over the drops which, IMO, it is not a deflector but just for beauty.
Please tell me what I am not seeing.

Not sure if the plastic above the 1964 targets was designed to mitigate air balls but it does project out over the drops and if it wasn’t there I would imagine airballs would be created at this location as well.

Take a look at a good picture and you will see the clear plastic that runs from left of Ringo target near flasher all the way across, the whole thing including art is one piece and covers the targets completely.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This pin is hard to find pics for. I did find this but it looks look a home made job sitting on top of the factory art. I do have a Seawitch and air balls are no problem on that pin. And I can see where a new more powerful pin like Beatles would have an issue with air balls in mid-play field, like my Robocop I made a deflector for, b am having a hard time understanding how air balls would be a problem up in the back so far from the flippers.
I don't what kind of material Stern is using to make these new plastics, the the stuff of old will break. If the center piece is unbreakable then one piece would be fine, but if it can break you will be glad the deflector is a separate piece.
And i have to agree that an additional piece is cheaper for Stern instead of having to retool.
[quoted image]

Well shit, I was wrong. Went down to look at mine and it is two separate pieces but upon closer examination they had to put that on there due to airballs in testing. Not sure how they missed the four target issue.

2 weeks later
#257 5 years ago

Anyone else come up with nice custom rule cards?

1 week later
#267 5 years ago

Finally got my air ball kit from Stern.

Surprised it’s more than just a plastic, did you all have issues requiring that metal deflector shield? Seems overkill.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

May I ask how long it took to receive? I recently sent a request via an online service/tech inquiry on the Stern website. I'm wondering if I will receive an acknowledgement or simply the deflector in the mail.

Called tech support Friday and received in mail Tuesday..

#274 5 years ago

I didn’t install the metal deflector yet. Haven’t had a ball land there but does it look out of place and diminish the art package?

#275 5 years ago

On a different note, for you topper owners. Still happy with it?

1 month later
#308 4 years ago

12 mil and change are my high score and achieved hard days night mb but not the final taxman wizard mode. Didn’t have level 5 made for every mode.

Such a fast fun game and really a favorite of most guests we have over.

1 week later
#335 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Got this score with no extra balls, Tight Tilt and not being allowed to choose all my loving Mulitball on ball 3. Gosh I love this game![quoted image]

That is a crazy score for this game!

Did you get to the Taxman MB Wizard mode?

3 months later
#397 4 years ago

Love this game, love the music and when people play it they just hit the start button over and over again.

Worth every penny to me!

2 weeks later
#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

adaminski Thanks for the info....I normally quote the post, but yours is so long I figured I'd save the space.
Anyhow, very helpful. I'm looking at adding a quick-playing game that you can play when you don't have a lot of time and as my wife and I are big Beatles fans, this one is under consideration.

If you like the Beatles the game is a must have because game play and theme integration are about perfect. Nice to have a difficult but easy to understand game in the lineup.

1 month later
#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

Greetings all,
I was playing today, and I heard a call out that I hadn't noticed before. After finishing the mode for the first song of the ball, Cousin Brucie stated something along the lines that it was time to start a second on a two-for Tuesday. Today is a Tuesday, so does the machine use the date to determine whether it is a Tuesday and then use this call out or is it just a coincidence? Either way, it was fun to hear.

Possibly, it uses the date in December to give Christmas specific call outs from the Beatles through 1/1.

2 weeks later
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Got ahold of Mike. Sold out...…………...…………...……………………......………………………………… Working another angle.

If you find someone who has more than one send me a PM, been looking for a while. I’ve called just about every distro.

2 weeks later
#457 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Quiet club of pinball that like/love this title, so I wanted to start here.
Disclaim:
I like mine - couple clear coat issues aside.
Code is fun, very adjustable for difficulty, and adds to the game well. Sold Seawitch I like it enough.
That being said, DOES ANYONE KNOW if we will see one more honest code updates from Stern, with more play features.
(Not just a clean up).

Not sure....

What would you like to see added?

My only beef with the game is the fact that you could potentially hear taxman and can’t buy me love multiple times and taxman again for a wizard mode. Wish they had 1 or 2 additional non mode related songs in the game.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agree! Great modern interpretation of an early classic. The cherry on top would be added high scores for achievements like most loops, spinner rips, etc...similar to Iron Maiden and seems relatively easy to implement.

Those are good ideas!

1 week later
#469 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do these change daily or weekly? Has anyone added Christmas Music to their game? I would love to do that. I just don't have that skill set.

Totally random, it’s a nice touch

#470 4 years ago

Anyone have a extra topper they want to sell? Send me a pm, new or used is ok!

1 week later
#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Quick Pinside rules / standards question - wasn’t sure where else to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there’s a better place or good reference - didn’t see this in the FAQ.
So a game like the Beatles has 3 versions. But all 3 versions have the same game play and audio, and a lot of similar graphics. How do things like the ratings and score reporting work between the versions here? I have a platinum - do platinum ratings average into the overall for the game? When reporting scores, does it matter if you report for the correct game version? I’ve played both the platinum and gold, so I rated both. Is they appropriate?
Thanks!!

Didn’t read your rating but to be accurate the only thing that can be rated differently is art since every other feature is the same between the 3.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

you do have to adjust the dates so am hoping that after I fixed that they may come up

Set date and the option must be turned on as well.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

My date/time are set and I never heard a holiday call out..

You should...I’ve gotten plenty. You sure your just not missing them?

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Like others have stated you need to make sure your date is set correctly and the holiday callouts are turned on. There are quite a few, many of them are right after a game finishes so if you start a new game immediately you might miss them. I did a stream on twitch a week or two ago where many of the callouts could be heard.

I could have sworn I’ve heard 1 or two from Paul and John mid game when targets are hit under certain situations but not sure.

Most are after game over, love that stern did that.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Don’t see anything under Audit menus (there are several sub-menus in there), but found this. Is that it? (I changed it to yes and set dates, but not sure I’m hearing anything.)[quoted image]

Yep...that’s the one but make sure your date is set as that is the trigger event.

Doesn’t happen every game and isn’t the same callout or vocal every time but sure is a nice holiday treat!

#512 4 years ago

Anyone able to open the code in pinball browser and tell me how much time they allotted for ticket to ride?
Wanted to see if they got it long enough for the honest chorus part of song if I had that mode play for 1 minute.

I recall there being a few songs over 1 minute but the std settings for modes are only 30-40 seconds.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could find one. I have the platinum and don’t care much for the backglass art - I like the gold better with the band, game name and drum more visible. Was hoping to get the topper to add some of that art to the front of the machine, but it’s been hard to find one so far.
I did find a gold translite for $120. Figured I can sub that out and then store the original platinum for safe keeping.

Been on the hunt for a topper as well.

I was told by several distributors that Stern might be making a limited amount of toppers again 1st qtr 2020. Apparently there has been a fair amount of interest since they stopped production.

I hope this happens!

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

That would be great. I’d order one. Is there a way we can give them feedback on this? Maybe I’ll send them an email.

Email can never hurt and keep pestering the distros.

I was told to follow up in JAn.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Perhaps you are getting occasional longer song times via hitting the mystery target award which will add time when in a song mode.

Yes I’ve had that happen too.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the actual length of song in the code is.

I was contemplating doing a new mix of ticket to ride with the upbeat segment that occurs from 1:08-1:25 in the full length song.

I also currently have Can’t Buy Me Love split since it’s over a 2:00 song into a Medley of Can’t buy me love and day tripper and sounds fantastic.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Messaged Stern and received a curt message back that “The Beatles Topper is no longer available.”
Yeah, thanks, I knew that. Guessing they didn’t actually *read* the message. Oh well.

Yeah, told me same thing on phone.

I literally called all the big distros asking if they had any left and 3/4 of them mentioned this possibly happening during 1st qtr. we will see I guess.

In the meantime if anyone wants to sell their topper, name your price within reason and send me a PM!

1 week later
#536 4 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, I joined the gold club yesterday. A really cool game. Lovin it! I can still remember watching the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan show. I actually took some B&W photos of the TV screen during their performance.
Game wise, I'm going to add the real knocker, shaker motor, and the Topper.
Regarding the Topper, I queried Stern and got the following response:
"We are considering doing another run of these toppers during the first quarter of this year. We are working out all the details now and will make an announcement once everything is finalized."
So, it sounds promising!

I’ve heard this as well and really hope they make some more, I want one!

#538 4 years ago

Got notification from a distro Friday evening that Stern is doing a small run within next couple weeks on toppers.

2 weeks later
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. When are toppers being made?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Another very small run in feb. better get your order in as I know many are spoken for already.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

How does one do that? I can’t seem to find them on their web site.

Well, my distro reaches out to me since they knew I wanted one but give them a call. They likely won’t be adverstised.

#556 4 years ago

Anyone have a update on the new topper run?

I heard Feb about two weeks ago.

2 weeks later
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Looks like Beatles topper 2nd run will be out before Black Knight SOR. Thanks to AGSgames.com I was able to just get both Toppers for Beatles and SOR. It appears they are not listing the Beatles topper on the Stern website, but you can put in an order with stern distributor. Hope is these puppies will be on the street in a couple months or sooner. Arcade Game Sales out of Maryland took care of it.. I'll be looking at them for future pin purchases.

About a month ago I was told these may ship by end of feb but nothing recent. Hoping it’s soon!

2 months later
#720 3 years ago

Just got notified today should have my topper from second run in a couple days!

#724 3 years ago

Got my topper today, looks great on the game.

I know as you collect letters for Beatlemania it indicates that but can’t tell what it does for collecting the 4 band members in the pops. It seems like as you collect either the star behind their picture illuminates. Am I seeing this correct?

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just installed my topper too. I agree...it does really finish off the look of the game well. I noticed the Beatlemania letters but didn’t notice any action corresponding to the band member targets in the pops. Maybe I’m missing something?

I’m 50/50 if the band members are interactive with the game.
There are times where it seems the stars behind the band member on topper aren’t lit or lit as bright as others but ha end been able to determine if it’s tied to hitting their respective targets.

If they aren’t that would seem like a nice minor addition that could be fixed in a code update.

3 months later
#804 3 years ago

Anyone else wish Stern made matching armor as an accessory?

2 weeks later
#813 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Had a buddy over to battle on Beatles.
My first two balls drained instantly scoring only 400k combined. But my 3rd ball was great, and I came back over 4M on one ball.
Unfortunately, my buddy was player two.[quoted image]

Holy crap! Huge score on this machine, taxman wizard mode completed?

2 weeks later
#825 3 years ago

Such a fun game and finally just got to taxman multiball and racked up a 21+ million score!

Any rule cards available with good art?

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Had these made:[quoted image][quoted image]

Can these be downloaded somewhere?

I’d like to get a set

1 month later
#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

FYI, George Gomez said yesterday on Stern’s Facebook page that The Beatles will be getting some more love in the code department. I know there are some glitches that need to be fixed, but am curious what else they may do. Any ideas?

Possible music addition, I always thought it was odd that the wizard mode some is played as a regular song in between modes along with Can’t buy me love. If taxman is wizard, then that should be only time it’s heard.

#864 3 years ago

No way they’ll add any new music. I’d be surprised if they add the DJ Mixer.
I’d like to see a Spinner Champ or Loop Champ.

Those would be good adds. Regarding new music, I wouldn’t say it impossible and if the goal is a update to conjure up an increase in future sales, it’s only way to do it.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume we'll get the holiday themed callouts again this year once a certain date triggers it. Anyone remember what that date was? It's such a nice touch.

I want to say 12/7 or 12/9 but not 100% sure

2 months later
#926 3 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Well, that was fun! I finished each mode twice, and was an orbit away from a 2nd Taxman multiball. Soooo close. Far and away my best score after playing this pin for eight months.
[quoted image]

Nice score!

2 weeks later
#929 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

So, full disclosure: I signed on to buy a Platinum Beatles today. So, money is down to hold it and I am getting it. Also, I am a HUGE Beatles fan. They are without a doubt my favorite band ever. Well, it's bigger than that, but this is a pinball site and not a music one.
Anyway...
For those of you who have had this table in your stable for a time (some of you I am assuming for a couple years), how does it feel over time? I am hopeful that it remains fun and interesting in the long term. I have NEVER bought a NIB table and likely never will again, but I just can't help it. I have played it a couple times on location, but I always feel that it is so much more fun in a home where call outs are louder and focus is easier. Also, I already own 4 other tables so it won't be my only pin.
Also hoping that this is one that kind of draws in casual visitors who normally wouldn't get too excited to head to the game room.
Can't wait to hear peoples thoughts. Cheers, Pinsiders.
Tim in Motown

I got mine the first few days of it being released and still love it and most guests enjoy it.

It’s nice to have a game that when your playing pretty well you can actually get deep in the game.

1 week later
#936 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Anybody notice that their Beatles Topper is acting a little different today?
A subtle but nice recognition.

Yeah good catch and love the attention to detail!

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Yes today is George Harrison's Birthday. As such, George's likeness on the topper will singularly fade in and out during the attract mode sequence. Again it's subtle but still a nice small tribute.

I only played one game earlier to check it out but any idea if there is any happy birthday game over callout like the Xmas one you occasionally hear in December?

1 month later
#991 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a new set of the drop target stickers?

Stern

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Plus they advertised and sold them all as a deliberate limited run of 1,964. Bogus marketing for sure.
From their press release 10/29/18:
The Diamond Edition, the highest level and most difficult to attain, is limited to only 100 units. The Platinum Edition is limited to only 250 units. The Gold Edition is limited to 1614 units.

Not fair to say bogus, they just weren’t all made in first run. 1964 units is all there will be no doubt.

I’ve been seeing lots of people buying them nib recently so it makes sense. Fun game no surprise to me.

#1015 2 years ago

People want to hate on it because of price and nothing else and then they play it and are almost always like shit that is a fun game.

When something is fun and enjoyable it kind of takes a bit of the sting off the sticker shock.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Not thrilled about this since so much of the marketing was the limited run of 1964 machines. Hopefully they will make it worth our while with some new code.

This additional run isn’t make it more than the 1964, they just never made them all.

I did hear rumors of a code update coming a couple months ago.

1 week later
#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Hit my 2nd highest score last week. May have to see about getting a 2nd pin. I love Beatles, but which pin would be as fun with a little more "doo dads?"
[quoted image]

LZ of course!

8 months later
#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Here you go
[quoted image]

They really should give the customer the option to have this or not.

In my opinion they are making the aprons look like shit. Not everyone wants to be connected.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have one coming from the last run and was hoping it was more tastefully integrated like the last B66 was. At this point a purple sticker to cover the red around the reader would help. That red is a just super out of place with the colors on the machine. I would be tempted to move it to the coin door but then wouldn’t have the original art piece to put in its place.

Coin door or anywhere on front of cab would be better. Really ruins the look.

1 month later
#1410 2 years ago

Would be nice if we can get the DJ Mixer feature in future update with full length tracks.

5 months later
#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Has anyone noticed that the entry for high scores has changed to a generic font and not what it used to be after the last or second last update?

Something seemed different to me as well couldn’t pinpoint it. Also if plying a 2 player game it shows player 3/4 as 0’s. Pretty sure previously it only showed the score for the actual players.

2 months later
#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Beatles is a complete ass beater. It destroys the souls of good players and average players just scratch their heads at times. It’s a SS game on steroids. Simple rules. Shallow code. No ramps. Really no toys and or bells and whistles. Folks say it’s only good for someone with a at least a few pins or more. Pretty lame compared to other pins.
That being said I love mine. I just keep hitting start on it. Will be one of my last to sell.

Agree, if you truly like pinball and aren’t a gimmick person this game is great.

Do agree though if you only have 1-2 games may not be the right game.

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What size game room do people think this game will fit in?
My opinion, under 5, the game doesn’t belong. If you have 8 and up, this game will fit perfectly.

It’s a fair question. I think it’s a good add once you go beyond 3 games assuming they are all modern games with ramps, toys and gimmicks.

It’s just a fun game, not overly difficult but can flat out kick your ass and when you do get that game going where you can’t miss it’s amazing.

Certainly helps if you like the music and callouts.

I just think overall it’s a well done pkg.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:Yep - as I posted in the "Is GnR a good game or not?" thread, I traded my very nice GnR LE for a Beatles.
No regrets whatsoever.

Beatles is a better shooter, GNR has the lights and more music but that’s it. I have them both.

I’ll throw LZ Pre/LE into the mix of a shooters paradise that gets not enough respect. Has the music and lights too.

Some just like lots of plastic Cracker Jack toys and gimmicks.

I want adrenaline pumping speed and flow.

1 month later
#1693 1 year ago

Beatles should not be a polarizing game anymore, great game and still a relatively good value where prices are today.

7 months later
#2009 7 months ago

Does anyone who has looked on pinball browser know if the song request for taxman wizard mode is a separate sound request from the taxman that is a random with can’t buy me love? Might be able to change the main gameplay song without impacting the wizard mode taxman song.

4 months later
#2066 86 days ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Also, anyone have a Beatles and an LZ. Thoughts on having both in a smallish 4 pin line up?

I have them both and are keepers. Beatles is just a much different style of game that I think it works if you don’t have any older single level games.

1 month later
#2075 53 days ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I asked this in the LZ thread as well, but I’m looking from folks that have both Beatles and LZ. If you had to choose, which way would you go? Other pins in the room are AFM, DW, and WW, and they are all staying for now.
Moving Ghostbusters Pro out to make room.
Any insight would be great.

I have them both and can’t go wrong either way, I say F’it only live once so get them both!

LZ has to be a pre/LE as mentioned above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,282 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.