(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 4 years ago

Haven't played one, and can't seem to find any info on average game length. So, I'm hoping y'all can provide some feedback as far as what your typical game time is and a sense for your skill level. (Yes, I know that you can adjust things to make the game more/less difficult. I'm just curious to know what people are seeing).

#297 4 years ago

I have a WOZ now that we all love to play; however, it can be painful to sit and watch someone play a ball for, what seems like, 30 minutes. The only thing more painful is to be the person playing that ball. I am ADD/ADHD so I lose interest and, besides, my fingers start hurting. We still really like the game and won't be getting rid of it; however, when I only have 10-15 minutes to kill, I don't even think about hitting the start button. Sounds like the Beatles may be the ticket to ride.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from ernierains:

No, didn’t cheat, but haven’t had that kind of luck in a while. Achieved it with the 4 ball multi-ball. The key is hitting extra ball and/or keeping the ball going so you get credit for all five songs.

Out of curiosity, about how long did that game take to play as I assume it had to be one of the, if not the, longest you've ever played.

4 months later
#417 4 years ago

I've asked before; however, now that the game has been out awhile, what are people seeing as far as average game time (3 balls, default settings)?
Thanks

#420 4 years ago

Adaminski Thanks for the info....I normally quote the post, but yours is so long I figured I'd save the space.

Anyhow, very helpful. I'm looking at adding a quick-playing game that you can play when you don't have a lot of time and as my wife and I are big Beatles fans, this one is under consideration.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you like the Beatles the game is a must have because game play and theme integration are about perfect. Nice to have a difficult but easy to understand game in the lineup.

I agree, plus, lots of times I'd much rather play a half dozen 5-minute games than one 30 minute game. I'm thinking I may keep an eye out for one.

1 week later
#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I had non pinhead couples in my home recently and they all gravitated to Beatles over BM66 and wedgeheads. It’s fast, bright, approachable and fun; perfect for multi player games.

That's the thing. When our son comes over, the three of us will often play a game of WOZ. If he needs to leave within 30 minutes, it's not worth starting. Now, we aren't great players and most of the time we can play a game in well under 30 minutes; however, if anyone has a great ball, they can eat up most of that time. Plus given my ADHD, I can get bored when it's my ball!
(And our son is probably a bigger Beatles fan than we are, which is saying something)

I have very limited space and a good bit is filled with non-video arcade games, so I have to be picky. I'll just sit patiently waiting for a good deal to pop up...at least until some other shiny object catches my eye (remember, ADHD)

I was trying to find a matrix to show the differences between the gold and platinum edition...does one exist out there?

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Matrix is easy. Armor color and a lighter wallet! lol I bought the Gold and Very happy with that choice. Such a great game of old meets new. One of my top 5 go to pins currently and by no means easy. I like yourself held out till Rational pricing came out. Lucked out with a 6700 delivered NIB price popped up which I feel is the fair price for this game. 8k not so much...

I hear that. I do like the side art of the Platinum edition a bit better so if a killer deal came up on a Platinum, I might be able to convince myself that it is worth the delta. As for the Diamond, I can't imagine any scenario where I would consider it. Since I never buy a game with the intention of selling (I hate selling games), the underlying 'investment' component is meaningless to me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't sell it down the road, just that depreciation/appreciation doesn't factor into my thinking. I have the attitude that selling the game ain't gonna be my problem, it'll be my kids.

#430 4 years ago

OK, so here'e the funny thing...I'm half Swedish. My father, the Swede, passed away after my mother so I understand all too well the pain and difficulty of that process.....

However....for my entire life I have kept things far too long only to finally need them the day after I threw them away. It is a gift or actually probably a Swedish curse of some sort. So you will forgive me if I am a bit gun-shy about this Swedish purge thing. As my father would say "Yumpin Yiminey don't throw that away!"

#433 4 years ago

What are people seeing with respect to the clearcoat and chipping? I saw some posts from about four months ago, but nothing since. Now, I'm not one to pull out the 10x loupe to inspect a playfield, but am interested in people's thoughts on this and any other wear/age related issues that would not be expected based on the amount of play their game has received.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.