(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GranpaDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1324 2 years ago

Delivery disaster.

I finally pulled the plug and bought a Beatles gold and was delivered a perfectly intact box on a pristine pallet. My buddy and I had an unboxing party (whoo! hoo!) which is pretty rare these days.

So we cut the box and straps, installed the beautiful sparkly powder coat legs, lifted the head and secured it and removed the protective blue plastic wrap. My buddy was at the front staring at the playfield.

"Uh oh, Houston, we have a problem. We are not to going to play Beatles tonight."

The photos tell the story. Somebody dropped the unit quite cleverly, ripping out one of the playfield tab anchors and bending the other. The apron screws were snapped, but the playfield glass and cabinet remained totally intact!

Fortunately my dealer stepped up and took care of me. We swapped out mine for another (took a month in today's world of delayed transportation and supply).

So now I am enjoying a fun retro game and had quite a unique pinball experience to boot.

Apparently this situation is pretty rare, but makes me think twice about ordering a NIB game from an individual who asks the buyer to accept all risks.

PXL_20220107_025218294.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_025218294.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_025541588 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_025541588 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_025552052 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_025552052 (resized).jpg
#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The seven stages of Beatles ownership:
Love
Challenge
Frustration
Hate
Control
Acceptance
Love
(All you need is love)

Great post.

1 week later
#1351 2 years ago

I love having a Beatles in my small collection. The game seems simple on the surface, but once you plunge the first ball there is nowhere to hide, and no breaks...no scoops, no locks, no break in the action at all. It's a very good addition to a modern collection. My non-pinball-fanatic friends that come over like it better then the very complicated JP and TSPP.
Also it is, IMO, one of the most beautiful machines Stern has ever made.
buy one, your investment likely won't lose much value if any.

You played one on location Halloween? I will be honest, if you played it and don’t really like it I would pass. If you played Beatles and like the simplicity, speed, short ball times and can chuckle and smile after a bad game and want to hit start again it is for you.
Folks who tell me “I played Beatles and didn’t really get into it. Can you show me on yours what I am missing?” I just tell them “no I don’t think I can. It’s probably just not for you.”
I love me some sterns and CGC and own them but love playing my friends EM’s and SS games. You should play some. I say Beatles is like a EM or Early 80’s SS on steroids.
Just my opinion.

Both of these assessments are spot on. I had a pinball party of 8 very seasoned players and they could not stay away from The Beatles, which I have now owned for a couple of weeks. These salivating sandbaggers were all gunning for my pathetic 6 M GC - a task at which they failed miserably. Beatles definitely has that one more game addictive attraction. In today’s market the key is availability- you can bitch all day about price, but then you won’t get a machine. Like most of you I do fret about dollars and good deals- now a good deal is when I can actually get my hands on a machine. My early adulthood was in the late 70’s and early 80’s and I well remember double digit inflation…not fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,282 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GranpaDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=GranpaDave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.