(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 42.
#401 4 years ago

The topper is pretty redundant to the backglass...do we really need to see their faces twice and bigger?! In that pic ^^ It's thrice!

#402 4 years ago

Can anyone comment on how these are doing on location?

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

The topper on the Beatles is a must
I love it, makes it look nice and tall, like the rest of my Stern’s[quoted image]

Thanks much for the feedback. I ended up finding a video online and I agree looks great and completes the look perfectly. Now I have yet Another explanation to make with mama....

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Can anyone comment on how these are doing on location?

We have one on the route, and it doesn't do shit! It looks nice though. The account it's at HAD to have a pinball, and all their other machines do quite well, so still worth it I guess. As far as problems there have been zero service calls and it's been there for 6 months or so.

#405 4 years ago

Contact Stern with your game serial number and request the anti-loft ball deflector kit #502–7088-00

57051B41-8424-440F-BFAC-40C82E9BA95C (resized).jpeg57051B41-8424-440F-BFAC-40C82E9BA95C (resized).jpeg8FF27954-B681-4DB3-90F8-63F2B4586D15 (resized).jpeg8FF27954-B681-4DB3-90F8-63F2B4586D15 (resized).jpeg
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Contact Stern with your game serial number and request the anti-loft ball deflector kit #502–7088-00[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thanks for the heads up! As luck would have it the game left this morning and with a few pleases they are delivering it tomorrow for an all Beatles weekend! Need to get some of this repair kits thanks.

#407 4 years ago

Get the topper, it is a nice addition and integrated well with the light show. It is the first topper I bought, and am pleased with it.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Get the topper, it is a nice addition and integrated well with the light show. It is the first topper I bought, and am pleased with it.

The topper also integrated with gameplay and shows you progress towards Beatlemania, which is otherwise hard to figure out if you miss the animation which is easy to do while playing.

#409 4 years ago

A fine Friday for sure! Beatles arrived home safe with not a single issue or blemish. (yes playfield included..) Topper comes next week but a blast to play and Really glad we jumped in!! Love it Yeah Yeah!

IMG_4108 (resized).jpgIMG_4108 (resized).jpg
#410 4 years ago

Minor goofy question. Is there a reason this game does not have door switches like other Stern titles to cut power and know the door is open?

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Minor goofy question. Is there a reason this game does not have door switches like other Stern titles to cut power and know the door is open?

They got rid of it for a few spike games. It is back again with JP2 or maybe with bk3k

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They got rid of it for a few spike games. It is back again with JP2 or maybe with bk3k

Thanks! Thought it was odd not an issue though. Loving the game so far!

#413 4 years ago

Does anyone have any video links to high level play featuring this machine? A few youtube searches mostly gave me unboxings and general look videos. I feel like I've been in a score rut with the game, usually 3-6 million with the occasional 15-20 million game, and haven't gotten any better in a while. Watching good players and tournament play usually gives me a lot of tips and pointers. Not just for strategies but also the flow -- when and how they nudge, what shots can be backhanded, etc. etc.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you post a pic of your power cord plug. Did someone cut the ground pin out? I have bought used extension cords where the ground pin was chopped off. But you can also buy cords that are made with out the ground. I am curious to see if yours has been modified.
THanks.

Sorry, I looked all around and couldn't find it. I must've thrown it away once someone else from this thread confirmed theirs was 3 prong. If it ever turns up I'll take a photo and PM you.

#414 4 years ago

Not my go to for most games but I added speakerlightkits yesterday and it fits the theme/era Perfectly! Psychedelic slow array is spot on awesome. Install not tough though I rather dislike the plastic standoffs which is minor. Great price for an awesome look. Topper hopefully this week then I need to work on playing better. Should have that done in 20 more years.

8A6A2B82-1AEE-4C5A-AC44-052BF32378C1 (resized).jpeg8A6A2B82-1AEE-4C5A-AC44-052BF32378C1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#415 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Contact Stern with your game serial number and request the anti-loft ball deflector kit #502–7088-00[quoted image][quoted image]

Just got off the phone with Stern. Super Service. They're shipping out my kit this week. : )

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Just got off the phone with Stern. Super Service. They're shipping out my kit this week. : )

Same here. One email and the kit is on the way. Didn’t think it was necessary until I played a few dozen games. Like playing tennis lol

1 week later
#417 4 years ago

I've asked before; however, now that the game has been out awhile, what are people seeing as far as average game time (3 balls, default settings)?
Thanks

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I've asked before; however, now that the game has been out awhile, what are people seeing as far as average game time (3 balls, default settings)?
Thanks

More data than you probably want below, but I'm a physicist/engineer. Sorry.

Here's the short answer for average time on our Beatles pinball for 3 ball games:
4.29 minutes ~ 4'17" = 4 minutes, 17 seconds

We use default settings, which means 3 ball games, a max of 3 extra balls per game, and start a new mode by knocking down FAB-FOUR and hitting a loop.

We have outlanes set to easy (closed down as much as posts allow), so reduce our average a bit for true "default" settings. Also, reduce our average a bit because it includes only complete games, not restarts. (The assumption here is that these restarted games would generally be shorter full games, since the first ball sucked).

We've had the game since 2/17/19.

Most games have been played by me, probably ~70%. Other games played by my wife, older kids (15-25), and adult friends. I consider myself good, but not great. I can get to Hard Day's night multiball once every ~5-8 games (hard to quantify). I've been able to get to Taxman multiball ~5 times.

Directly from dumped audits:
3 AVERAGE BALL TIME 1:00
4 AVERAGE GAME TIME 2:26
15 TOTAL BALLS PLAYED 7484
30 TOTAL PLAYS 3426

But these don't give the "true" story, since they seem to include "restarts." Yeah, we are weak, and will restart after a bad 1st ball.

The better estimate probably comes from the audits that give number of games played per a time range. This data seems to be generated only by COMPLETE games. I note that the sum of these games is 1637 games, compared to 3426 "total plays", which I assume includes the restarts. Also, a bar chart is somewhat gaussian (bell curve), which is what I'd expect.

Screen shots from my spreadsheet. Note that the average time is the sum of the last column divided by "Total complete games." Please note that Excel just equal spaced the category (x) axis labels. I would fix that if the plot was for professional use, since it would be a better representation!
Beatles Pinball stat table (resized).pngBeatles Pinball stat table (resized).pngBeatles Pinball bar chart (resized).pngBeatles Pinball bar chart (resized).png

#419 4 years ago

haha..wow!

Yeah, 4-5min seems about right.

#420 4 years ago

Adaminski Thanks for the info....I normally quote the post, but yours is so long I figured I'd save the space.

Anyhow, very helpful. I'm looking at adding a quick-playing game that you can play when you don't have a lot of time and as my wife and I are big Beatles fans, this one is under consideration.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

adaminski Thanks for the info....I normally quote the post, but yours is so long I figured I'd save the space.
Anyhow, very helpful. I'm looking at adding a quick-playing game that you can play when you don't have a lot of time and as my wife and I are big Beatles fans, this one is under consideration.

If you like the Beatles the game is a must have because game play and theme integration are about perfect. Nice to have a difficult but easy to understand game in the lineup.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

But these don't give the "true" story, since they seem to include "restarts." Yeah, we are weak, and will restart after a bad 1st ball.

But ball 2 or 3 could turn out to be the killer ball that you missed

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you like the Beatles the game is a must have because game play and theme integration are about perfect. Nice to have a difficult but easy to understand game in the lineup.

I agree, plus, lots of times I'd much rather play a half dozen 5-minute games than one 30 minute game. I'm thinking I may keep an eye out for one.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I agree, plus, lots of times I'd much rather play a half dozen 5-minute games than one 30 minute game. I'm thinking I may keep an eye out for one.

They are starting to show up on craiggers and other places, at reasonable prices. Good luck. It's a simpler game, but as Psw757 said, integrated well and a great theme if you're into the Beatles. Regarding used prices, think of it as a Premium/LE. I don't really think it's worth what we payed new, but the build quality is good - the game plays solid, and it already has things like brackets underneath and interior side art.

#425 4 years ago

I had non pinhead couples in my home recently and they all gravitated to Beatles over BM66 and wedgeheads. It’s fast, bright, approachable and fun; perfect for multi player games.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I had non pinhead couples in my home recently and they all gravitated to Beatles over BM66 and wedgeheads. It’s fast, bright, approachable and fun; perfect for multi player games.

That's the thing. When our son comes over, the three of us will often play a game of WOZ. If he needs to leave within 30 minutes, it's not worth starting. Now, we aren't great players and most of the time we can play a game in well under 30 minutes; however, if anyone has a great ball, they can eat up most of that time. Plus given my ADHD, I can get bored when it's my ball!
(And our son is probably a bigger Beatles fan than we are, which is saying something)

I have very limited space and a good bit is filled with non-video arcade games, so I have to be picky. I'll just sit patiently waiting for a good deal to pop up...at least until some other shiny object catches my eye (remember, ADHD)

I was trying to find a matrix to show the differences between the gold and platinum edition...does one exist out there?

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

That's the thing. When our son comes over, the three of us will often play a game of WOZ. If he needs to leave within 30 minutes, it's not worth starting. Now, we aren't great players and most of the time we can play a game in well under 30 minutes; however, if anyone has a great ball, they can eat up most of that time. Plus given my ADHD, I can get bored when it's my ball!
(And our son is probably a bigger Beatles fan than we are, which is saying something)
I have very limited space and a good bit is filled with non-video arcade games, so I have to be picky. I'll just sit patiently waiting for a good deal to pop up...at least until some other shiny object catches my eye (remember, ADHD)
I was trying to find a matrix to show the differences between the gold and platinum edition...does one exist out there?

The Matrix is easy. Armor color and a lighter wallet! lol I bought the Gold and Very happy with that choice. Such a great game of old meets new. One of my top 5 go to pins currently and by no means easy. I like yourself held out till Rational pricing came out. Lucked out with a 6700 delivered NIB price popped up which I feel is the fair price for this game. 8k not so much...

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Matrix is easy. Armor color and a lighter wallet! lol I bought the Gold and Very happy with that choice. Such a great game of old meets new. One of my top 5 go to pins currently and by no means easy. I like yourself held out till Rational pricing came out. Lucked out with a 6700 delivered NIB price popped up which I feel is the fair price for this game. 8k not so much...

I hear that. I do like the side art of the Platinum edition a bit better so if a killer deal came up on a Platinum, I might be able to convince myself that it is worth the delta. As for the Diamond, I can't imagine any scenario where I would consider it. Since I never buy a game with the intention of selling (I hate selling games), the underlying 'investment' component is meaningless to me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't sell it down the road, just that depreciation/appreciation doesn't factor into my thinking. I have the attitude that selling the game ain't gonna be my problem, it'll be my kids.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Since I never buy a game with the intention of selling (I hate selling games), the underlying 'investment' component is meaningless to me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't sell it down the road, just that depreciation/appreciation doesn't factor into my thinking. I have the attitude that selling the game ain't gonna be my problem, it'll be my kids.

No Swedish Death Cleaning going on here!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-swedish-death-cleaning-should-you-be-doing-it-ncna816511

#430 4 years ago

OK, so here'e the funny thing...I'm half Swedish. My father, the Swede, passed away after my mother so I understand all too well the pain and difficulty of that process.....

However....for my entire life I have kept things far too long only to finally need them the day after I threw them away. It is a gift or actually probably a Swedish curse of some sort. So you will forgive me if I am a bit gun-shy about this Swedish purge thing. As my father would say "Yumpin Yiminey don't throw that away!"

#431 4 years ago

Some help please. My left upper flipper slowly returns to its resting position after being activated. Just started this after only 278 plays. Any advice as to how I fix this?
Thanks

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Some help please. My left upper flipper slowly returns to its resting position after being activated. Just started this after only 278 plays. Any advice as to how I fix this?
Thanks

My guess is the flipper clearance up and down is to tight or the return spring failed. More then likely to tight. Flipper should move up and down with fingers about 1/16”. Good luck.

#433 4 years ago

What are people seeing with respect to the clearcoat and chipping? I saw some posts from about four months ago, but nothing since. Now, I'm not one to pull out the 10x loupe to inspect a playfield, but am interested in people's thoughts on this and any other wear/age related issues that would not be expected based on the amount of play their game has received.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:Some help please. My left upper flipper slowly returns to its resting position after being activated. Just started this after only 278 plays. Any advice as to how I fix this?
Thanks
Quoted from Yelobird:

My guess is the flipper clearance up and down is to tight or the return spring failed. More then likely to tight. Flipper should move up and down with fingers about 1/16”. Good luck.

I can't speak directly to the upper flipper on The Beatles but I will figure it is the same construction as the lower flippers and I further assume the lower flippers are constructed in the same manner as what is on my Munsters.

I had a flipper return spring break. The flipper started behaving just like an old pin. It acted stuck in the mechanical way.

Here is the right hand spring in good condition.

IMG_2140 (resized).JPGIMG_2140 (resized).JPG

Here is the broken left hand spring hanging down in vertical position. If Beatles is the same style of flipper consider buying a few of these to keep in your stockpile. Otherwise, when you least expect it, you will be paying $5.00 U.S. Mail for a 50 cent part.

Maybe Budman has something different going on but check for broken springs.

IMG_2141 (resized).JPGIMG_2141 (resized).JPG

IMG_2143 (resized).JPGIMG_2143 (resized).JPG

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I was playing some games on this and thinking how did they not notice all these crazy air balls everytime you hit the four targets.
I put some rubber nub things on that plastic to keep the ball from draining out that side. Use them on almost every new stern release for one reason or another.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075KWVTJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

What are people seeing with respect to the clearcoat and chipping? I saw some posts from about four months ago, but nothing since. Now, I'm not one to pull out the 10x loupe to inspect a playfield, but am interested in people's thoughts on this and any other wear/age related issues that would not be expected based on the amount of play their game has received.

Mine looks and plays fine. Enjoying this game much more then I though. A great fast play modern twist.

#437 4 years ago

We have had our Gold since January. Looks and plays great. No problems whatsoever. Highly recommended for "The Beatles" fans.

3 weeks later
#438 4 years ago

Greetings all,

I was playing today, and I heard a call out that I hadn't noticed before. After finishing the mode for the first song of the ball, Cousin Brucie stated something along the lines that it was time to start a second on a two-for Tuesday. Today is a Tuesday, so does the machine use the date to determine whether it is a Tuesday and then use this call out or is it just a coincidence? Either way, it was fun to hear.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

Greetings all,
I was playing today, and I heard a call out that I hadn't noticed before. After finishing the mode for the first song of the ball, Cousin Brucie stated something along the lines that it was time to start a second on a two-for Tuesday. Today is a Tuesday, so does the machine use the date to determine whether it is a Tuesday and then use this call out or is it just a coincidence? Either way, it was fun to hear.

Possibly, it uses the date in December to give Christmas specific call outs from the Beatles through 1/1.

#440 4 years ago

Looking forward to that!

#441 4 years ago

Joined the club recently and it's a big hit with the family.

#442 4 years ago

I’ve got a nib platinum at a smokin price if anyone is looking.... pm if interested

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thanks

Same thing/flipper happened to me right out of the box. It was late Saturday night and we just got the machine that day so we bought a variety pack of springs from Home Depot, none fit exactly, but cutting a few loops off one and making a new hook with a pair of pliers is still working fine several hundred plays later. I really should order the specific springs though. #265-5035-00 for reference (and as a reminder to me to make that order already).

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Same thing/flipper happened to me right out of the box. It was late Saturday night and we just got the machine that day so we bought a variety pack of springs from Home Depot, none fit exactly, but cutting a few loops off one and making a new hook with a pair of pliers is still working fine several hundred plays later. I really should order the specific springs though. #265-5035-00 for reference (and as a reminder to me to make that order already).

They are not too expensive. I bought a sackful for my Stern pin.

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=265-5035-00

#445 4 years ago

if you want to add a VOX styled Speaker Plunger Plate to your plunger you can find them here
https://www.shapeways.com/product/WKPRPBEW8/pinball-plunger-plate-sub-amp-vox

and other options can be found here
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksmusic&sort=newest

710x528_29605975_15858449_1573593045 (resized).jpg710x528_29605975_15858449_1573593045 (resized).jpg
#446 4 years ago

That’s cool.

#447 4 years ago

So , I take it all Stern Toppers for this model are out? Any word on a second build? There is not one accessory listed on the Stern Pinball site in reference to this model.....Love me doo doo!

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

So , I take it all Stern Toppers for this model are out? Any word on a second build? There is not one accessory listed on the Stern Pinball site in reference to this model.....Love me doo doo!

Pinballs.com shows it in stock. Good luck.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pinballs.com shows it in stock. Good luck.

Got ahold of Mike. Sold out...…………...…………...……………………......………………………………… Working another angle.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Got ahold of Mike. Sold out...…………...…………...……………………......………………………………… Working another angle.

If you find someone who has more than one send me a PM, been looking for a while. I’ve called just about every distro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,282 (OBO)
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/9?hl=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.