(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 66 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

916EA3C1-FD66-4F41-A49A-C0C8491BC06D (resized).jpeg
C899AECB-CBE0-4A46-A4F8-F0B4FD25944F (resized).jpeg
4F8730B9-EAB4-4CAA-A277-1D75D4E1E5CA (resized).jpeg
CE921194-974A-4F59-97D2-D593DC87CCEA (resized).jpeg
4D7C32A6-6E71-4025-9856-FDE27E263729 (resized).jpeg
B19B5B00-362E-4D4E-808A-553748DC22F7 (resized).jpeg
F87885C4-6F93-4DEF-8CCD-DD31D1CEC07B (resized).jpeg
44885173-755F-4B2B-AC3F-079FE1C422C4 (resized).jpeg
DAE787F5-F546-41F7-8943-20C76CF88EBC (resized).jpeg
EF76AFA0-1C51-4C45-8AE6-3422A32CA034 (resized).jpeg
Beatles FreePlay.pdf (PDF preview)
Beatles Instructions1flat.pdf (PDF preview)
7EB46BD1-7606-4BA0-94D3-EF667E9546FF (resized).jpeg
AE96D52B-B215-4C6C-A692-3E7CB3AE9680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190523_160256 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190523_160618 (resized).jpg

There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 7 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good to hear. Keep an eye on it and report back if you see any bubbling at posts. It seems to get worse quickly once it starts.</blockquot

Is this your game?

#352 7 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems that around 300 plays is when some are seeing this show up.
So far just radio silence from distributor and stern concerning the matter.
I encourage owners to closely look over your games and report this. For the premium price, we all deserve premium service.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you removed a post to see what it looks like under the post? With the post removed, does the paint bubble "relax" and go and down to "normal"?

#353 7 days ago

This is on three games I have personally seen now. Including our game.

It appears to be a prep issue combined with a game assembled before the clear could dry.

I have not removed a post yet but am 90% sure that the whole bubble will come up when I do.

Hoping Stern takes care of this soon. We are going on nearly a month with no reply.

When we had GB insert issues, things were all taken care of. When we had Aerosmith cabinet falling apart issues, things were taken care of. When we had node boards blow up in short order, they have been taken care of.

I like to think this will be taken care of also, but getting a bit worried with being blown off for this long now.

I also did not want to wait any longer as other owners need to keep and eye out for this. It is easy to miss unless you know to look at the posts.

#354 7 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is on three games I have personally seen now. Including our game.
It appears to be a prep issue combined with a game assembled before the clear could dry.
I have not removed a post yet but am 90% sure that the whole bubble will come up when I do.
Hoping Stern takes care of this soon. We are going on nearly a month with no reply.
When we had GB insert issues, things were all taken care of. When we had Aerosmith cabinet falling apart issues, things were taken care of. When we had node boards blow up in short order, they have been taken care of.
I like to think this will be taken care of also, but getting a bit worried with being blown off for this long now.
I also did not want to wait any longer as other owners need to keep and eye out for this. It is easy to miss unless you know to look at the posts.

If you are careful and pull the post up slowly it should lift up without pulling on the clear. There might be some stickiness to it but dried clear is not glue. A heat gun and a wooden paddle might allow you to push the bubble to flat condition again. And if there is a small access point you can probably squeeze in a small amount of thin bodied slow setting superglue which will lock the bubbled clear down--that is if Stern does not address this and leaves you on your own.

#355 7 days ago

Strange how that is now 3 manufacturers with the same issue.

Spooky.
Stern.
JJP.

Wonder why this is occurring now as presumably they use different playfields?

Maybe formula of the clear has changed?

#356 7 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you are careful and pull the post up slowly it should lift up without pulling on the clear. There might be some stickiness to it but dried clear is not glue. A heat gun and a wooden paddle might allow you to push the bubble to flat condition again. And if there is a small access point you can probably squeeze in a small amount of thin bodied slow setting superglue which will lock the bubbled clear down--that is if Stern does not address this and leaves you on your own.

I plan on Stern Addressing this.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Strange how that is now 3 manufacturers with the same issue.
Spooky.
Stern.
JJP.
Wonder why this is occurring now as presumably they use different playfields?
Maybe formula of the clear has changed?

not even remotely similar from what I can tell. pf issues have to be broken down to the root cause if they are going to fix them.

Spooky had a handful of TNAs with minor art chipping under the playfield start posts. That appears to be rectified (fixed in the last 150ish of the run; and no issues in ACNC from what I have seen).

JJP seems to be artwork adherence issues? Not sure as I am not up to date on current status of those.

Stern has systematically been having this bubbling at posts since Maiden and it is apparently getting worse for some reason.
This appears to be a combination of poor pf prep before art layers are applied, then they have not let that dry before applying clear, and then then have assembled before clear has gassed off and is still moveable. This all results in the art and clear bubbling up when they crank posts too tight and the ball smacks the posts for a few hundred games.

#357 7 days ago

Here are some pics on Maiden.

Not anywhere near as bad as Beatles.

916EA3C1-FD66-4F41-A49A-C0C8491BC06D (resized).jpegC899AECB-CBE0-4A46-A4F8-F0B4FD25944F (resized).jpeg
#358 7 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I plan on Stern Addressing this.

not even remotely similar from what I can tell. pf issues have to be broken down to the root cause if they are going to fix them.
Spooky had a handful of TNAs with minor art chipping under the playfield start posts. That appears to be rectified (fixed in the last 150ish of the run; and no issues in ACNC from what I have seen).
JJP seems to be artwork adherence issues? Not sure as I am not up to date on current status of those.
Stern has systematically been having this bubbling at posts since Maiden and it is apparently getting worse for some reason.
This appears to be a combination of poor pf prep before art layers are applied, then they have not let that dry before applying clear, and then then have assembled before clear has gassed off and is still moveable. This all results in the art and clear bubbling up when they crank posts too tight and the ball smacks the posts for a few hundred games.

Please keep us posted. I'll be looking at my Munsters play field like a hawk from now on.

#359 7 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Please keep us posted. I'll be looking at my Munsters play field like a hawk from now on.

I think in order to get to the bottom of this, we need to start looking at the actual playfields and determine which manufacturer has made them.

I think Stern still uses 3 different companies.
I know at one time they were thinking/working to bring pf production in house, but unsure if they ever moved on that???

I am under the impression that there are issues with 2 of the 3 companies they use.

#360 5 days ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’ve had a Beatles gold for about 1 month. I’m really enjoying it. I fell like it’s a really well integrated theme with music and art. The updates to the classic Seawitch layout definitely change the game and make it more enjoyable. Overall it’s a big win for me.
At the very least, my Gold model has more features than typical Stern premiums. Powder coat including the apron, side panel art andart on the speaker grill.
Value is in the eye of the beholder, but I’m quite satisfied.

I picked up my Beatles Gold when it was first released. I've been singing a variation of your tune since taking delivery. Folks that think the Gold is wildly overpriced are clueless.

#361 5 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think in order to get to the bottom of this, we need to start looking at the actual playfields and determine which manufacturer has made them.
I think Stern still uses 3 different companies.
I know at one time they were thinking/working to bring pf production in house, but unsure if they ever moved on that???
I am under the impression that there are issues with 2 of the 3 companies they use.

Where would the name of the play field manufacturer be located?

I have had the apron off of my Munsters and don’t recall seeing production info. But I was not looking for anything, either.

#362 5 days ago

Has anyone designed replacement cards for the apron?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 50.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Contact
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NY
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside