(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.
#201 5 years ago

Officially joined all of you Mop Tops tonight. What a blast to play! My 17 year old guitar playing son loves the Beatles so that makes it a little more special to play this fun pin together.
I think I need to dial back the flipper power as I am getting a lot of air balls. What is the consensus on placing the rubbers back on the outline pins?

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Officially joined all of you Mop Tops tonight. What a blast to play! My 17 year old guitar playing son loves the Beatles so that makes it a little more special to play this fun pin together.
I think I need to dial back the flipper power as I am getting a lot of air balls. What is the consensus on placing the rubbers back on the outline pins?

I have had my Gold since early December. We love it. I put the rubbers on the outside posts. If you continue to get air balls -off the "FOUR" drop targets - after dialing back (we have our setting on "normal") I would suggest going to a hardware store and getting a little sheet of Lexon and cutting an overhang that covers "FOUR". It took me about 30 minutes and looks pretty good.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I have had my Gold since early December. We love it. I put the rubbers on the outside posts. If you continue to get air balls -off the 1964 drop targets - after dialing back (we have our setting on "normal") I would suggest going to a hardware store and getting a little sheet of Lexon and cutting an overhang that covers "1964". It took me about 30 minutes and looks pretty good.

I think he was likely referring to air balls off of the "FOUR" targets (the 1964 targets already came with a clear plastic extension that stops air balls from these targets), but I agree with your advice to measure and obtain a lexan piece from the hardware store to cover the FOUR targets area. The lexan is just a few bucks for a sheet and the hardware store will cut them to your required size for free with purchase. So, you only need to drill the two holes into the sheet for installing above the FOUR target area.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I think he was likely referring to air balls off of the "FOUR" targets (the 1964 targets already came with a clear plastic extension that stops air balls from these targets), but I agree with your advice to measure and obtain a lexan piece from the hardware store to cover the FOUR targets area. The lexan is just a few bucks for a sheet and the hardware store will cut them to your required size for free with purchase. So, you only need to drill the two holes into the sheet for installing above the FOUR target area.

Yes, you are correct. I meant the "FOUR" drop targets. Sorry.

#205 5 years ago

Topper is for sale on Stern's website.

Beatles.Topper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgBeatles.Topper_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
#206 5 years ago

I have had my Gold since early December. We love it. I put the rubbers on the outside posts. If you continue to get air balls -off the "FOUR" drop targets - after dialing back (we have our setting on "normal") I would suggest going to a hardware store and getting a little sheet of Lexon and cutting an overhang that covers "1964". It took me about 30 minutes and looks pretty good.

FYI...Stern claims to be working on an "airball kit" to help with airballs from the "FAB" "FOUR" targets.

#207 5 years ago

Wow, that’s really what I’d call “laying one down”. Nice!

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

FYI...Stern claims to be working on an "airball kit" to help with airballs from the "FAB" "FOUR" targets.

In January I both called and sent an email to Stern to put my name on the list to get one of these. I have not heard anything back.

#209 5 years ago

In January I both called and sent an email to Stern to put my name on the list to get one of these. I have not heard anything back.

Chas told me fairly recently they were still working on it...who knows? Since dialing down my flippers the airballs haven't been a big deal (and the game still plays very strong).

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Topper is for sale on Stern's website.[quoted image]

That's a nice looking topper!!

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What is the consensus on placing the rubbers back on the outline pins?

I have had my Gold since early December. We love it. I put the rubbers on the outside posts.

Thanks for the reply @jamesdeloris . I noted that there were no rubbers on pins between outlane and inlane, but there were 2 extra rubbers in the goodies bag. The right lane below the upper right flipper is especially brutal - if the ball bounces around there at all, it catches on the rubber on the right slingshot and goes to outlane, and no jiggling so far has been able to help. I take it that the rubbers on outlane posts reduce right outlane drains?

I know I can just try it, but figure the rubbers were not there for a reason, and am curious. I read through installation pages and the user/service manual, and did not see anything. Thanks!

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's a nice looking topper!!

I just put mine on today. It really is a beautiful topper. Each of the letters in Beatlemania has its own LEDs. It lights up in patterns very similarly to the kiss topper. I would highly recommend it.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the reply @jamesdeloris . I noted that there were no rubbers on pins between outlane and inlane, but there were 2 extra rubbers in the goodies bag. The right lane below the upper right flipper is especially brutal - if the ball bounces around there at all, it catches on the rubber on the right slingshot and goes to outlane, and no jiggling so far has been able to help. I take it that the rubbers on outlane posts reduce right outlane drains?
I know I can just try it, but figure the rubbers were not there for a reason, and am curious. I read through installation pages and the user/service manual, and did not see anything. Thanks!

Actually I had to cut a small slice off the rubber on the right post so the ball would pass through the lane.

#214 5 years ago

I was wondering the same thing last night. I put the rubbers on and made the right outline too tight. I thought it was a misaligned post! I’ll file down the rubber a bit ....it at least helps protect the balls from scratching.
Does anyone have their upper left flipper set to low versus normal?

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was wondering the same thing last night. I put the rubbers on and made the right outline too tight. I thought it was a misaligned post! I’ll file down the rubber a bit ....it at least helps protect the balls from scratching.

Yes, reduced upper flipper power to low and dialed back the sling shots 2 settings as well. I really recommend cutting the lexan airball protector while waiting for the stern one to ship. You will get a crazy airball when you least expect it!

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My upper left is set to "normal"...no experience with the "soft" setting.

If you installed the smallest rubber (3/8 O.D.), you shouldn't have a problem.

IMG_1330 (resized).jpegIMG_1330 (resized).jpeg
#217 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you installed the smallest rubber (3/8 O.D.), you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks snaroff for the comment and the photo.

#218 5 years ago

My game is still the old code( 1.08) My distributor said that the latest code took care of the overly strong flipper and sling issue.... so new code “ normal” should be fine.

#219 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in the new code with an interesting sound nugget added with pinball browser let me know.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I just put mine on today. It really is a beautiful topper. Each of the letters in Beatlemania has its own LEDs. It lights up in patterns very similarly to the kiss topper. I would highly recommend it.

Backflipper,

Since you now have a topper installed, I was hoping you could enlighten me as to what effects are provided by the topper. I assume the Beatlemania letters light up as you spell Beatlemania via successive loop shots and work toward a Beatlemania award. Do each of the four Beatles heads light up as you hit the associated targets for John, Paul, George and Ringo? Also,it looks like the Beatles Heads may extend some from the background wall. Are they interactive in any way (e.g., are they on motors or springs, do they move)? Any information would be appreciated as I'd like to know what the topper does before I purchase one. Thanks.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I’m waiting on mine, can you post some pics of the topper on the machine please?

#222 5 years ago

Just scrolled by on Facebook. No doubt product placements like this will lead to selling all 1964 games.

Image 3-2-19 at 5.48 AM (resized).jpgImage 3-2-19 at 5.48 AM (resized).jpg
#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

In the meantime, as rebelguitars suggested.
Go to your local Home Depot and get a small piece of lexan, remove the plastic behind the four target and trace to roughly 1.5 -2 times the depth so the piece of lexan sticks out over the drops.
Drill out and install, works perfect while
waiting for the stern fix, no airballs while waiting!

The Lexan thickness should be no thicker than the original plastic?

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The Lexan thickness should be no thicker than the original plastic?

It’s thicker, you can get at HD in a small sheet like 8x10 size.

Once you cut to size, remove the two nuts and plastic and put the lexan down then plastic and install nuts.

#225 5 years ago

Ok, thanks, I’ll give it a shot!

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s thicker, you can get at HD in a small sheet like 8x10 size.

Once you cut to size, remove the two nuts and plastic and put the lexan down then plastic and install nuts.

What tool do you recommend for cutting the lexan?

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I cut mine with a dremel tool but it cuts pretty easy, can probably cut it successfully with a saw having fine tooth blade as well.

#228 5 years ago

what about the type of drill bit?

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I cut mine with a dremel tool but it cuts pretty easy, can probably cut it successfully with a saw having fine tooth blade as well.

I cut mine with a saw and used sandpaper to smooth out the edges. There are two pieces - one metal and one plastic - on top of "FOUR". When I tried to put the lexan piece in between there was not enough screw left to attach the nut. So I removed the metal piece and replaced with the Lexan.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

For .020" thickness you can easily cut it with a pair of cheap scissors. For .030" you can cut it with scissors but you need strong hands. A pair of sheet metal tin snips will also work. This is for outside cuts. For inside cuts you need a saw, and a small drum sander is nice to have.

To make the piece you are wanting to make, .020 is all that you need to stop air balls.

I made one of these deflectors for one of my pins. This is all it is.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.35.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.35.50 AM (resized).png

Quoted from Budman:

what about the type of drill bit?

Any bit you can get from Harbor Freight will work.

#231 5 years ago

I want to say the stuff at Home Depot is .3 or .38 thick. Really can’t see it breaking.

#232 5 years ago

Anyone else noticing some new sounds and callouts with the new code?

I know I’m hearing some different stuff depending on the type of drain. I had three balls go out at once during All my loving and I swear I heard someone laugh.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else noticing some new sounds and callouts with the new code?
I know I’m hearing some different stuff depending on the type of drain. I had three balls go out at once during All my loving and I swear I heard someone laugh.

Yes, I have been hearing lots of new quotes. In particular I noted several new ones that occur when balls drain. This was an important addition as I was beginning to get tired of the frequency of hearing "the next one will be completely different" when the ball drained. Now, there are enough different ball drain quotes that this particular one does not annoy me anymore. I should point out that I have also heard new quotes that are associated with other actions, but none come specifically to mind as I type this.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I believe that Lowes and/or Home Depot will also cut a purchased lexan piece to any desired size for free. I know I had them do this for me, but can't recall if I bought the piece at Lowes or Home Depot. That means all that is left is drilling the holes in the piece that has been cut to your desired size.

#235 5 years ago

I had two cut at my local ACE then my contractor/ neighbor drilled the holes and rounded the edges...$1.99.

#236 5 years ago

Anyone have any good video of the topper in action?

#237 5 years ago

What a difference a day makes. Installed a nice homemade plexi shield over the FOUR drop targets, downloaded the updated code and kudos to Jonathan at ASOA for walking me through the audio fine tuning( lowering the base and increasing treble in the back box)
No airballs and great sound!
I thought the new code awarded a ball save if you went behind the fab targets and then drained?

#238 5 years ago

My bad... just saw where the left outlane ball save defaults to NO.

#239 5 years ago

Stern totally came through today and sent the cover for the “FOUR” drop targets.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Stern totally came through today and sent the cover for the “FOUR” drop targets.

I didn't get mine yet...I know I'm on the list.

#241 5 years ago

Stern sent one out to me yesterday. Just send them an email with your shipping address and game serial number.

#242 5 years ago

Clear plastic or did they get creative and throw some art on it?

#243 5 years ago

I would guess that it is clear. If it is thinner / cheaper grade I’ll keep my homemade version on. My corners are even rounded off so looks pretty good and has worked really well.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would guess that it is clear. If it is thinner / cheaper grade I’ll keep my homemade version on. My corners are even rounded off so looks pretty good and has worked really well.

I wasn’t sure if they printed the art that was on the original plastic onto part of the airball shield, like the other up by 1964 targets.
Would eliminate stacking of plastics and be a cleaner install but I guess that would be asking too much of stern, lol

#245 5 years ago

I streamed this game a while back - fantastic fun - annoyed that its so pricey otherwise I'd probably buy one.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wasn’t sure if they printed the art that was on the original plastic onto part of the airball shield, like the other up by 1964 targets.
Would eliminate stacking of plastics and be a cleaner install but I guess that would be asking too much of stern, lol

Oh yeah... that would make more sense and look way better.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oh yeah... that would make more sense and look way better.

Yes, but if it were to break you will only need to worry about that one small cheap piece instead of the more expensive art piece.

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, but if it were to break you will only need to worry about that one small cheap piece instead of the more expensive art piece.

True but the other airball deflector is made that way so why not have it uniform in appearance?

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

True but the other airball deflector is made that way so why not have it uniform in appearance?

I don't have one of these pins and only can make opinions based of what I can find on the computer.

I thought that there were no air ball issues with the upper four drops and that the plastic does not look like it is jutting out over the drops which, IMO, it is not a deflector but just for beauty.

Please tell me what I am not seeing.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't have one of these pins and only can make opinions based of what I can find on the computer.
I thought that there were no air ball issues with the upper four drops and that the plastic does not look like it is jutting out over the drops which, IMO, it is not a deflector but just for beauty.
Please tell me what I am not seeing.

Not sure if the plastic above the 1964 targets was designed to mitigate air balls but it does project out over the drops and if it wasn’t there I would imagine airballs would be created at this location as well.

Take a look at a good picture and you will see the clear plastic that runs from left of Ringo target near flasher all the way across, the whole thing including art is one piece and covers the targets completely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.