(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Anyone thinking of adding a shaker motor?

I did. It’s incorporated well.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I did. It’s incorporated well.

That’s what I was hoping for. Just ordered one.
Thank you

#103 5 years ago

There are definitely some other subtle changes in this code update.

I think I’m hearing a couple new call outs, don’t recall seeing the timers for the modes displayed, score is now displayed in corner during match sequence(don’t think that was there previously), there was some imagery added for the super duper hidden skill shot which I haven’t figured out how to shoot yet!

This is such an enjoyable game and definitely going to be difficult to get to taxman multiball!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There are definitely some other subtle changes in this code update.
I think I’m hearing a couple new call outs, don’t recall seeing the timers for the modes displayed, score is now displayed in corner during match sequence(don’t think that was there previously), there was some imagery added for the super duper hidden skill shot which I haven’t figured out how to shoot yet!
This is such an enjoyable game and definitely going to be difficult to get to taxman multiball!

It(Beatles) being my 1st pinball machine, what software did you use to unzip the '.spk' code ?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSkol:

It(Beatles) being my 1st pinball machine, what software did you use to unzip the '.spk' code ?

Pretty simple

Download file from Stern site to blank 8gb flash drive.

Remove backglass on machine and insert the drive into USB port then turn on machine and follow prompts.

Takes a couple minutes to update

There are instructions in the read me file on Stern site to walk you though the process.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty simple
Download file from Stern site to blank 8gb flash drive.
Remove backglass on machine and insert the drive into USB port then turn on machine and follow prompts.
Takes a couple minutes to update
There are instructions in the read me file on Stern site to walk you though the process.

That was my 1st mistake, reading the install instructions... The 'read me' mentions unzipping once the code is downloaded to create 3 files to be copied to a USB. That was where I was struggling. Thanks for your help. I'm up and running new code.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSkol:

That was my 1st mistake, reading the install instructions... The 'read me' mentions unzipping once the code is downloaded to create 3 files to be copied to a USB. That was where I was struggling. Thanks for your help. I'm up and running new code.

#108 5 years ago

I played a gold model yesterday at a distributor’s showroom. They didn’t know there was an updated code or the middle drop bank plastic replacement. Anyway, I really enjoyed it and can see it belonging next to a couple of longer play/ deep games as a way to get a quick fix. The top magnet is strong and a nice feature..... this game plays fast with some quick sdtm drains if you blink. It’s way better than Seawitch.

#109 5 years ago

Before and after shots with pinstadiums

C325DEE7-F3EA-486A-A499-86514FBF73CC (resized).jpegC325DEE7-F3EA-486A-A499-86514FBF73CC (resized).jpeg647F0B61-0142-4B3D-91B0-182DB39EB765 (resized).jpeg647F0B61-0142-4B3D-91B0-182DB39EB765 (resized).jpeg

#110 5 years ago

Got to taxman multiball. Assuming this is as far as the the game goes currently. Is that accurate?

F09D4C4C-A351-414C-B96E-F188BF21595B (resized).jpegF09D4C4C-A351-414C-B96E-F188BF21595B (resized).jpeg
#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Got to taxman multiball. Assuming this is as far as the the game goes currently. Is that accurate?
[quoted image]

Wow! 23 mil is over 3x what I’ve seen anyone score on this including the streams from Stern. Nice Job!

Yes Taxman is the final mode currently.

#112 5 years ago

Finally got into the code on pinball browser to take a look at the sound files.

I’m wanting to work Daytripper in some how.

Can’t buy me love has a 2 minute track that I haven’t determined if it is a loop of full song yet.
Was thinking about cutting it in half and mixing the new track in.

Ideally I would like to take taxman out of main gameplay since it is in the wizard mode and randomly on game over but I think it is one song request for all 3 uses.

Any thoughts on this?

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow! 23 mil is over 3x what I’ve seen anyone score on this including the streams from Stern. Nice Job!
Yes Taxman is the final mode currently.

Thanks. My previous best was like 6.3M. The game had that feeling of "I'll never do this again" Strangely, I was ready to step up and play it again right away....which isn't always the case when you get through a game.

Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got into the code on pinball browser to take a look at the sound files.
I’m wanting to work Daytripper in some how.
Can’t buy me love has a 2 minute track that I haven’t determined if it is a loop of full song yet.
Was thinking about cutting it in half and mixing the new track in.
Ideally I would like to take taxman out of main gameplay since it is in the wizard mode and randomly on game over but I think it is one song request for all 3 uses.
Any thoughts on this?

Man, it would be bad ass if you would work some other songs in. Replacing Taxman is an cool idea for the reasons you stated. Excited to see what you come up with.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks. My previous best was like 6.3M. The game had that feeling of "I'll never do this again" Strangely, I was ready to step up and play it again right away....which isn't always the case when you get through a game.

Man, it would be bad ass if you would work some other songs in. Replacing Taxman is an cool idea for the reasons you stated. Excited to see what you come up with.

I’ll let you know what I come up with but I figured it couldn’t hurt to email stern saying you now have this song you could potentially here 3 different times in a single game.
Get another added so you can only hear taxman 1-2 times.

Minor gripe but can’t hurt.

1 week later
#115 5 years ago

Question, sling shot power setting range from 9 to 64 with default being 11. What would be the setting to weaken them a tad?

#116 5 years ago

I played this pin a couple of weeks ago but don’t recall hearing typical pinball sound effects along with the music..... yes/ no?

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I played this pin a couple of weeks ago but don’t recall hearing typical pinball sound effects along with the music..... yes/ no?

They there, the pops are drum sounds, spinners have sounds, pretty sure all the rollovers have sounds including the star.

Not sure what your referring to?

#118 5 years ago

I had a few of my past customers ask about my tv for Beatles. It will work with a SPIKE/SPIKE2 power tap from either mezelmods or pinball life (if using PL, be sure to use the one that also has 5v). Taps are not included in my price in my shop. If you order through Mezelmods, you can order the generic tv for Stern, and then buy a tap from them if you don't already have one.

These tvs play video on power up, and the video starts over when it finishes. I tested with 25 mins of early b/w tv concerts, including screaming fans.

Send me a message if interested, or go to my shop here on Pinside.
20190106_095705 (resized).jpg20190106_095705 (resized).jpg

#119 5 years ago

Any news on the Beatles topper?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any news on the Beatles topper?

topper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg
#121 5 years ago

Two simple questions? How do I specifically advance to a new song during a ball? How do I advance the drop targets? Thanks!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Two simple questions? How do I specifically advance to a new song during a ball? How do I advance the drop targets? Thanks!

I may be wrong but was under the impression you need to drop the Fab Four targets followed by the 1964 then shoot a loop, magnet will hold and new song/mode can be started. This may not quite be 100% correct though.

#123 5 years ago

What is interactive about it? Do the band members light up when collected on PF?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is interactive about it? Do the band members light up when collected on PF?

I don't know.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Once your current mode is over, knock down the 7 Fab Four targets and shoot the loop.

#126 5 years ago

Once your current mode is over, knock down the 7 Fab Four targets and shoot the loop.

Thanks, Is the mode over when the song is over?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Thanks, Is the mode over when the song is over?

Yes, a timer will run out ending the mode. Then either "Can't Buy Me Love" or "Taxman" plays until you start another mode (or drain). After a mode is over, you can collect the jackpot for that mode by hitting the target behind the FAB drop targets.

During any mode or between modes, you can knock down all 11 drop targets to light extra ball.

Play through all 5 modes, shoot the loop, and "Hard Day's Night" multiball starts. If you complete all 5 modes, (5 song levels for each song, except "All My Loving", which you need to get 3 jackpots to complete) you'll get "Taxman" multiball.

I think this is all correct. Hope it helps.

#128 5 years ago

What’s the word on the topper? No mention in the stern of the union, avail for purchase?

1 week later
#129 5 years ago

I had a chance to play the Beatles (silver I believe) at Sunshine. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it as a nice mix between retro and modern games. However I'm a bit confused at how the video assets are implemented. The graphics they created are full screen, but the video clips from the ED Sullivan show are not full screen and have black borders visible. While this can sometimes be an aesthetic choice, ( can be with rounded corners) to make a video seem more CRT TV set like, I noticed the borders are not consistent (meaning the video was placed unevenly- I think closer to the top and left).

Is this just sloppy work on the part of Stern?

Bring a filmmaker and video editor I like notice things like this but I'm surprised such a high profile release was sent out this way.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I had a chance to play the Beatles (silver I believe) at Sunshine. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it as a nice mix between retro and modern games. However I'm a bit confused at how the video assets are implemented. The graphics they created are full screen, but the video clips from the ED Sullivan show are not full screen and have black borders visible. While this can sometimes be an aesthetic choice, ( can be with rounded corners) to make a video seem more CRT TV set like, I noticed the borders are not consistent (meaning the video was placed unevenly- I think closer to the top and left).
Is this just sloppy work on the part of Stern?
Bring a filmmaker and video editor I like notice things like this but I'm surprised such a high profile release was sent out this way.

Never noticed what your describing, usually busy playing the game.

#131 5 years ago

These are pics of the tv installed in Pinsider Backflipper's game.

Video is of three or four tv concerts, screaming girls in the audience, Ed Sullivan, etc. I think it's about 20-30 mins before it repeats.
20190121_073310 (resized).jpg20190121_073310 (resized).jpg20190121_073613 (resized).jpg20190121_073613 (resized).jpg20190121_073638 (resized).jpg20190121_073638 (resized).jpg

#132 5 years ago

I also added Mezel's Yellow Plastic Protectors. They look great in person.

IMG_8454 (resized).jpgIMG_8454 (resized).jpg
#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

These are pics of the tv installed in Pinsider Backflipper's game.
Video is of three or four tv concerts, screaming girls in the audience, Ed Sullivan, etc. I think it's about 20-30 mins before it repeats.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tv looks cool, I’m mulling it over!

#134 5 years ago

Cheap and easy mods that really fill the space in the back. I borrowed this idea from Franchi.
[quoted image]

Do you have a link to where you bought these?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do you have a link to where you bought these?

I bought them off eBay & Amazon.

#136 5 years ago

Any update on availability of the topper or how exactly it’s interactive?

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any update on availability of the topper or how exactly it’s interactive?

Gameroom Guys and Pinball Pro (on back order now) appear to have them. I order one, but haven’t got the shipping notice yet.

#138 5 years ago

Anyone know how you get an add a ball during MB?
I’ve done it a few times but have no idea what I did

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not sure the exact shot sequence. I’ve had it happen pretty early in the mb and well into it also. I was beginning to think mystery award but not sure.

#140 5 years ago

I'm having such a good time playing this game. Very pleasantly surprised. Gotta be the best sounding Stern I've owned.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure the exact shot sequence. I’ve had it happen pretty early in the mb and well into it also. I was beginning to think mystery award but not sure.

Damn. Same here. Hopefully someone can chime in.

What about the super secret skill shot?

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Damn. Same here. Hopefully someone can chime in.
What about the super secret skill shot?

Super secret shot is pretty slick!

Took me a long time to figure that one out.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm having such a good time playing this game. Very pleasantly surprised. Gotta be the best sounding Stern I've owned.

How many games do you have on it?

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Get your mystery target lit by hitting both Light Mystery targets located near each spinner, then collect it during a multiball. The first mystery award given during a mb is an add-a-ball.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

How many games do you have on it?

40-50? Not sure. Got it before Xmas.

#146 5 years ago

I’m thinking about buying this title and was just curious about the ratio of games played to game satisfaction or boredom.

#147 5 years ago

The other night in league, I hit the Super Jackpot target from the upper flipper! I wasn't trying to make the shot, it just kinda happened and it surprised me. I didn't think it would be possible.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m thinking about buying this title and was just curious about the ratio of games played to game satisfaction or boredom.

I’ve got about 300 plays on mine and definitely no boredom at my house. Very enjoyable game and a nice change of pace/gameplay style.

#149 5 years ago

My local arcade got a Beatles gold earlier this week, and i have been loving it 100%! What a fun game! Though i haven't played all the lastest Stern's, this one is easily my favorite they've released in years. I'm excited to go back and play more this weekend! I own a Seawitch, and really like the Seawitch 2.0 approach they're trying out here. The extra features and improvements/geometry alterations are well implemented.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

We have had our Gold since early December and love it. We have owned over a dozen (NIB) pins in the last ten years or so and this is the wife's favorite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/3?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.