(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.
#1751 1 year ago

The drop ledges on mine are still working after over 5100 plays, but from the comments it appears inevitable that they will break. PM me if I can buy a set for Beatles from you.

#1752 1 year ago

Let us know if you are selling the set thanks

#1753 1 year ago

But The worst is when you hit the jackpot and then the ball trickles down the left outlane after a shitty bounce from the guide rail. Part of the game…

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

"Play better!" *
Nuff said.
* Steve Ritchie

Ha! Good answer!

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

But The worst is when you hit the jackpot and then the ball trickles down the left outlane after a shitty bounce from the guide rail. Part of the game…

A ball save was put in some time ago to address this. I think it needs to be enabled.

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Right. I’ve played Seawitch and Beatles is so much more fun for me. The call outs, the music, the light show, sound effects, magnet up top, spinning record disk, jackpot target thing behind the drops, LCD display. It all comes together as a great package. Approachable/understandable modes. Fun layout with the upper flippers and loop shots. Short ball times. All of that is right up my alley and I’m not even a Beatles fan. Sure I like their popular tunes and admit I prefer the young Beatles over their later stuff. Too bad the Zeppelin or Rolling Stones machines aren’t this awesome. Haha

Yes. I have all newer games but I do like me some Fireball when I see one also.

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

A ball save was put in some time ago to address this. I think it needs to be enabled.

Cool - thank you - I’ll take a look

#1758 1 year ago

Hi ... new Beatles owner here, just picked it up yesterday. Sorry, for the lengthy post, I've added a couple of updates along the way.

Several LEDs are suddenly not working, (they were working yesterday).

It's all the upper right GI lights. I reseated the bulbs but still out. I went into lamp test mode and again nothing works in the upper right GI.

Any thoughts? I tried doing a search of this forum but didn't come up with anything specific.

**** Update: So, I took a break for awhile. Turned the pin back on and the upper right GI lights are now working while in attract mode. They remain on when I press start, but as soon as I plunge they go out and remain out for the entire game. They do not come back on until I turn the pin off and back on. Then the cycle repeats itself again. ****

**** Update 2: Reseated all pin connectors under the playfield, especially Node board 9, CN15 which according to the owner's manual is for the upper right GI. I was able to start a game and the upper right GI lights actually stayed on for about a minute before going out. Then, as before I need to turn off/on the pin to have those lights turn on again.
... it seems if it was only a loose connection causing this problem, how could it resolve itself by simply turning the pin off and back on? Could it be a problem with the board itself? ****

Thanks again for any suggestions!

#1759 1 year ago

Please tell me where I can find mirror blades for this game.
I’m told the cabinet dimensions are unlike those of the cornerstone cabinets.
Does no one make mirrors for The Beatles, or will standard Stern mirrors work?
Thanks.

#1760 12 months ago

I have to say, I’m really really good at completing a song…..then immediately draining.

#1761 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, I’m really really good at completing a song…..then immediately draining.

That should be an achievement. I too have that skill…lol.

#1762 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from thekaiser82:

That should be an achievement. I too have that skill…lol.

I totally agree!

#1763 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Another good skill is lighting extra ball but never collecting it.

That's my special skill.

#1764 12 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Another good skill is lighting extra ball but never collecting it.
That's my special skill.

Ha. Yeah I have left a lot of extra balls behind.

#1765 12 months ago

I have insider connect on my Beatles, but I have no interest in using it.

Are there any cover ups that can be purchased that replicate the look before insider connect was implemented?

SmartSelect_20230320_192724_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230320_192724_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1766 12 months ago

The red looks like shit. Would love something to cover up the red in a tasteful way while keeping the scanner useable.

ED657FCC-5619-4143-92A3-786EEF4ECF7D (resized).jpegED657FCC-5619-4143-92A3-786EEF4ECF7D (resized).jpeg
#1767 12 months ago

Try stern connect though. I held off for no reason just lazy but it’s kind of fun.

I do get excited when I complete a song, hit the drops and hit the top magnet to start the next one. Sounds simple but that’s how hard it can be or how much I suck. Probably both.

#1768 12 months ago

I’m convinced the magnet is designed to throw the ball straight down the middle.

#1769 12 months ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Are there any cover ups that can be purchased that replicate the look before insider connect was implemented?
[quoted image]

I put my IC in the DBA in the coin door. I 3D printed out my own adapters and used a 10FT CAT 5/6 to install it to the playfield. Yes you could use a short cord and unplug it when when you lift the playfield, but I know I'm not going to remember. I did the same for my other games because I don't like IC on the playfield, if it didn't come with it.

#1770 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m convinced the magnet is designed to throw the ball straight down the middle.

My top loop magnet does that all the time 5 seconds later.

#1771 12 months ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I came across a Beatles that had drop targets that would not reset.
A quick inspection showed that the "Drop Target Ledge" inside the mech broke (545-6163-04).
A new one is $15 after tax and shipping and just as brittle, so I decided to make my own. I came up with a quick design, cut them on my laser and threw them in the middle drop target assembly. Played a dozen games with these installed on my Beatles and they worked perfectly. After that, I replaced the ledges in the other assemblies, beat on them some more and have been really happy.
These should almost never break and I made them for 1, 2, & 3 bank targets as well for my other games.
545-6163-01
545-6163-02
545-6163-03
My neighbor already asked for a set for his ACDC, so a 5-bank target is next.
[quoted image]

I'm interested in a few sets!

#1772 12 months ago

Today John-Floyd had a question on how to cover the IC plate on the Beatles. I made this today that lays on top of the red sticker and the window is slightly smaller as to not show any red. It's in gold and the text is raised. John has one on the way and if anyone else might want to pick one up hit me up.

Hope you like it John.

Beatles IC (resized).jpgBeatles IC (resized).jpg
#1773 12 months ago

I came here for IC topic, and seems like good timing. Anyone know if this will work on Beatles? I don't see it listed on the compatible game list.

https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

#1774 12 months ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

I came here for IC topic, and seems like good timing. Anyone know if this will work on Beatles? I don't see it listed on the compatible game list.
https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

Yes the item you listed does work with the Beatles. If you are looking for just the plate (everything you need is in the Stern kit) I can made just the plate in any color including Gold for the Beatles.

#1775 12 months ago
05BBB960-C00E-4090-BA0D-F3A51E306885 (resized).jpeg05BBB960-C00E-4090-BA0D-F3A51E306885 (resized).jpeg
#1776 12 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Today John-Floyd had a question on how to cover the IC plate on the Beatles. I made this today that lays on top of the red sticker and the window is slightly smaller as to not show any red. It's in gold and the text is raised. John has one on the way and if anyone else might want to pick one up hit me up.
Hope you like it John.[quoted image]

Amazing work Troy! Exactly what I was hoping for! Can not stress enough how much I appreciate this! The red has been bothering me for over a year now haha. I see a new pinside shop opening soon….these would sell well I’d think!

#1777 12 months ago

Quick question from a potential owner, I have had this game on my list for some time. have played it a fair amount on location & really like it. I have not had a music pin in my collection yet and have avoided since one of the frustrating (for me) aspects of a music pin is the continued restarting of songs during play after balls drains etc. But this being the Beatles, I might overcome that

I have heard that there are now potentially sound file updates (aftermarket) changes etc to have different music, potentially different albums/selections to play, etc. Is that true? I cant seem to find anything on it searching the threads. Is that a pinsound opportunity only or can it be done without changing the sound card/etc?

thanks!

#1778 12 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Quick question from a potential owner, I have had this game on my list for some time. have played it a fair amount on location & really like it. I have not had a music pin in my collection yet and have avoided since one of the frustrating (for me) aspects of a music pin is the continued restarting of songs during play after balls drains etc. But this being the Beatles, I might overcome that
I have heard that there are now potentially sound file updates (aftermarket) changes etc to have different music, potentially different albums/selections to play, etc. Is that true? I cant seem to find anything on it searching the threads. Is that a pinsound opportunity only or can it be done without changing the sound card/etc?
thanks!

That is correct. njvc has created some album changes for the code through Pinball Browser but as of currently it is for a code that is not the most recent. The forum link is below where he has previews for the albums he has currently created. It looks fantastic and I hope he can get them updated to the most recent code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes

#1779 12 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks!

I have a few music pins. The only one that is annoying for me is AC/DC because if you drain right away you are locked into that song/mode and have to listen to the beginning of the song again. Beatles don't have that issue because you are starting a different song/mode anyway. Honestly having this pin for about a year, the songs all sound the same to me. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but I love the pin. Seeing you have 8 pins, I think you'll be fine. If it was your first and only pin, I'd have some reservations. It's like TNA in that regard.

#1780 12 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks!

The re-themes are fantastic. There are 5 in total at this point and they're all done really well. It makes playing the pin similar to changing an Album, if you like the Beatles (and I do) it really adds to the game. The word is that they only work on code 1.20 and below. Wondering if anyone has tried it with 1.24.

#1781 12 months ago

My right side spinner is attached with 2 screws.
Lower screw constantly loosens and is very annoying.
Any fix?

#1782 12 months ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

[quoted image]

Yes.
I hate mine as well.
I really want that plastic your showing.

#1783 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My right side spinner is attached with 2 screws.
Lower screw constantly loosens and is very annoying.
Any fix?

I put some Loctite on the screws there for the spinner, and that stopped the problem. I am pretty sure I used the purple color, or whatever is weakest.

#1784 12 months ago

For those that might want to see the custom IC plate installed here is a pic.

Note: This plate goes on top of the IC red sticker and under the apron.

Beatles IC Installed (resized).jpgBeatles IC Installed (resized).jpg
#1785 12 months ago

Making a few runs of mods for The Beatles for TPF this year. I have a limited number of VOX Amps made just for The Beatles to fit in the game in the back corners. I have them for $28 shipped or $25 at TPF. It you're interested please reach out.

vox1 (resized).jpgvox1 (resized).jpgvox2 (resized).jpgvox2 (resized).jpgvox3 (resized).jpgvox3 (resized).jpg
#1786 11 months ago

Hey there Beatles fans, I'm trying my hand at changing out some of the music to keep things fresh but need a copy of 8.20. The current code isn't safe to use with Pinball Browser. Does anyone have a copy of 8.20 they can send me? Happy to post some alt music mixes once I have some things I’m happy with.

#1787 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

For those that might want to see the custom IC plate installed here is a pic.
Note: This plate goes on top of the IC red sticker and under the apron.
[quoted image]

That's really nice. You did a great job on this!!!

#1788 11 months ago
Quoted from DBP99:

That's really nice. You did a great job on this!!!

Thanks, really appreciate that!

#1789 11 months ago

TroyS - looks phenomenal! So happy to see that clashing red gone. Thanks again Troy - great job!

7F796D90-4F82-408B-B73F-FB99F4F75C9B (resized).jpeg7F796D90-4F82-408B-B73F-FB99F4F75C9B (resized).jpeg
#1790 11 months ago

TroyS - looks phenomenal! So happy to see that clashing red gone. Thanks again Troy - great job!
[quoted image]</blockquote

Looks good and thanks for posting a picture!!! LOL Glad you like it, definitely makes the game look better!

Another happy customer.

#1791 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

[quoted image]

Looks great.

I’m not a fan how they didn’t incorporate it the way they did on the newer releases.

#1792 11 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks great.
I’m not a fan how they didn’t incorporate it the way they did on the newer releases.

I agree but give them credit for having it on a pin from 2018. I think they would sell new aprons if they put them on the market.

#1793 11 months ago

Help request out to Beatles owners. At an on-site location they have a Beatles with a bad spinner opto and with the part number from the manual I can’t find it. Has anyone replaced one with a different part number that’s available?

#1794 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Help request out to Beatles owners. At an on-site location they have a Beatles with a bad spinner opto and with the part number from the manual I can’t find it. Has anyone replaced one with a different part number that’s available?

What's the original part number?

#1795 11 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What's the original part number?

511-2739-00 And 511-2739-01

#1796 11 months ago

just picked up a beatles and mine doesn't have insider on it, is that uncommon?

#1797 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ICs were not available when The Beatles began production so it is not uncommon for them to be without. As such, you'll have to order the Stern IC Kit. If you want to retain both pieces of nicely lit artwork in the apron you'll need to mount the reader in the coin door. I have a low cost ($25) kit that will do that. PM if interested.

8-Beatles Apron View (resized).jpg8-Beatles Apron View (resized).jpg
#1798 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Welcome to the Beatles club.

If you have any other questions or thoughts on the machine reach out.

#1799 11 months ago

How do I get the date/time to show on screen, in rotation with everything else? I changed to daylight savings time, and noticed it never comes on screen. I couldn't find a way to turn it on in Utilities. Thanks!

#1800 11 months ago

so.........no factory rubbers on the metal posts between the inlanes and outlanes? why not?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.