(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 42.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Feels like they cut the full run short, and it is archived so probably no shot any more are being made.

I read some where that they have 500 left on there licence ( if that how it works )

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

I read some where that they have 500 left on there licence ( if that how it works )

I wish they'd make the last batch, I just don't hold out much hope now, with it being archived out of current production lists on Stern's website. I'd buy one, if they released NIB again.

#1703 1 year ago

All 1964 games were made and it is sold out so don't look for more runs.

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

All 1964 games were made and it is sold out so don't look for more runs.

Source?

This is not what I've heard.

#1705 1 year ago

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that full run was never completed. That doesn't mean that they'll make he rest, but yeah.

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Source?
This is not what I've heard.

He works for Stern and did the audio in the game. Seems like a solid source to me on his own.

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

He works for Stern and did the audio in the game. Seems like a solid source to me on his own.

Oh yeah, if that is Jerry, then...that statement on the run probably means a lot more than ours. That sucks, because they just all evaporated during lockdown, after being available for so long.

#1708 1 year ago

I have still have mine, with the topper. The topper alone is worth $4 million

#1709 1 year ago

Plenty of HUO Beatles around that come up for good prices though. So that’s good.

Nice little short game butt kicker to have in your line up to shake things up.

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I wish they'd make the last batch, I just don't hold out much hope now, with it being archived out of current production lists on Stern's website. I'd buy one, if they released NIB again.

I’d certainly buy NIB… I’m near Saratoga, NY

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from poolshark333:

I’d certainly buy NIB… I’m near Saratoga, NY

Will at Old Town pinball in St. Augustine (Stern Dealer) has a NIB Beatles Gold on one of his recent lists, you could call him.

#1712 1 year ago

What is your highest number of consecutive loop (rip-tide) shots on The Beatles?
I’ve hit 6 straight (pretty sure that’s my best), generally 2 to 3 is where I land
I’ve seen videos of people nailing 10 straight!

#1713 1 year ago

"

Quoted from Hawks:

What is your highest number of consecutive loop (rip-tide) shots on The Beatles?
I’ve hit 6 straight (pretty sure that’s my best), generally 2 to 3 is where I land
I’ve seen videos of people nailing 10 straight!

Had to look up rip-tide as I didn't get the Beatles connection. I see now that the upper loop is labeled "Rip Tide" on Seawitch (I've never played one.)

Anyway, I think I've only made 4 in a row at most, but this is one of the (many) addictive aspects of Beatles for me. Not only is this a fun shot to make, but I'm driven to get better and increase my consecutive loop completions number!

#1714 1 year ago

I used to hit the loops pretty well, very often 10-12, but somehow I lost my mojo, and I'm lucky to get past 2. I wonder if the recent software changes have moved the flipper power or something. Seems like the ball is moving a lot faster than it used to, but then I'm almost 64 so maybe I'm just slowing down. I've had 15-20 in a row, but only a very few times. But you have to consider Beatles is my only pin, and I'm over 5,000 plays. Closing in on 3 years.

Had my 4th highest game at 42mln last week. My high game was 2 years ago, 2nd high 1 year ago, so I'm no pro. I'm an okay shot and strategist, but still depend on some luck and extra balls. Those butt-kicking under-a-million games still happen every few weeks.

My main strategies are get the mode done, hit the drops to get the extra ball lit, and then focus on getting the extra ball. It's nice to get the HELP multi-ball before qualifying for Taxman, but it's not a strategy - I'll take Taxman without HELP if I can get it.

#1715 1 year ago

Air Balls....

I put in the Stern kit awhile back to dampen the airballs of the FOUR drop targets. I find that it deadens the shot a bit too much and would like to raise the plastic a bit higher. Does anyone know what the current size is for the stand offs? I would like to order some that are slightly longer.

beatles_four_drops (resized).pngbeatles_four_drops (resized).png
#1716 1 year ago

is there room for a few washers ?

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

is there room for a few washers ?

Nope. The plastic takes up any extra space.

#1719 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Air Balls....
I put in the Stern kit awhile back to dampen the airballs of the FOUR drop targets. I find that it deadens the shot a bit too much and would like to raise the plastic a bit higher. Does anyone know what the current size is for the stand offs? I would like to order some that are slightly longer.[quoted image]

1 1/16 is standard, you can buy the 1 3/16 for it from pinball life, not sure if you can find that color or not though.

#1720 1 year ago

Got to tax man multi-ball.

AF053EE9-455E-4695-86EB-EB1CF30DA98B (resized).jpegAF053EE9-455E-4695-86EB-EB1CF30DA98B (resized).jpeg
#1721 1 year ago

Well done!
Did you play HDN mb first, or did you complete all modes and get straight into TM mb?
I’ve been close to TM but still yet to achieve it

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Well done!
Did you play HDN mb first, or did you complete all modes and get straight into TM mb?
I’ve been close to TM but still yet to achieve it

I completed 4 modes, played hard days night where I scored next to nothing, completed last mode and on to tax man.

#1723 1 year ago

20230223_122749 (resized).jpg20230223_122749 (resized).jpg I hope to someday shoot my age in millions! Getting less likely all the time.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

[quoted image] I hope to someday shoot my age in millions! Getting less likely all the time.

Well done….how did you pull that off?

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Well done….how did you pull that off?

I have kept it at factory settings except unlimited extra balls. There is no reason to limit them for home play. Max 3 extra balls was factory setting, and I rarely get more than 3 anyway. I've had several games where I know it awarded more extra balls than I got to play. There must be some other code setting that ends the game before they are all played.

The original code had level three as completion of a mode in terms of qualifying for HELP and Taxman multi-balls, and I've kept it there rather than making it five, even though the difference between 3 and 5 is not that significant except possibly Drive My Car.

Those two things would make a huge difference in scores compared to pins set differently. I could set it to level five for qualifying, but I am only competing against myself, so the bottom line is whatever makes it more fun.

Criticize my settings if your panties are in a wad, but it's still challenging enough for me to reach Taxman. Particularly with pop bumpers that don't pop nearly as much as they did when new.

From day one my biggest complaint - the magnet at the top. It should just stop the ball and release immediately, not hold it for 2-3 seconds. I know there's a setting to disable the magnet, but it's useful at times.

1 week later
#1726 1 year ago

This might not mean much to you all, but it felt really great after a couple of long work days. My best score yet! It is so rewarding hearing callouts and sounds that I've not heard before. Beatlemania is a brilliant pinball machine.

IMG_3392 (resized).jpgIMG_3392 (resized).jpg
#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

This might not mean much to you all, but it felt really great after a couple of long work days. My best score yet! It is so rewarding hearing callouts and sounds that I've not heard before. Beatlemania is a brilliant pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Woo hoo! Yes, it's a really fun machine. Congrats on your high score, and many more to come!

#1728 1 year ago

Nice to see others diggin' this game as much as I do. Looking forward to paying it a lot tonight - one of the best games to play competitively with some friends as the Games are quick and fun as hell! My best so far is 12 Million (and I am determined to top that this weekend), but I've seen others with scores 4 times that so I have a lot of work to do!

also Still have not reached taxman Multiball - that's a tough one.

#1729 1 year ago

I’m officially in the club! I picked up a gold yesterday and have been playing ever since. High is 5 mil but still learning the rules. I love this game - fast and fun with lots to do and the worlds best music. Everyone talks about short ball times, but I’m coming from an EM and these ball times seem looong to me. Nothing better than a new toy!

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

I’m officially in the club! I picked up a gold yesterday and have been playing ever since. High is 5 mil but still learning the rules. I love this game - fast and fun with lots to do and the worlds best music. Everyone talks about short ball times, but I’m coming from an EM and these ball times seem looong to me. Nothing better than a new toy!

It’s really fun. I know one really good player who had Beatles on location. He was playing it one time and it was beating his butt really bad! He got so mad at it he sold the game. He even said it was a good earner?! Lol

I love it and hope you will also!

#1731 1 year ago

Officially joined the club finally this past weekend! Such a fantastic game and glad to be a part of the club. Probably going to wear out the start button. So addicting.

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Officially joined the club finally this past weekend! Such a fantastic game and glad to be a part of the club. Probably going to wear out the start button. So addicting.

Awesome! I have had mine over a year now and I still love it.

#1733 1 year ago

I will own a Beatles pinball machine one day. I agree that it’s a ton of fun.

#1734 1 year ago

It’s been a blast learning the game. My high score is a little over 8 mil. If i could just learn how to hit that super jackpot target I’d be killing it. I always just miss. One modification that’s really helped was to change the settings so that the backbox light turns off during game play. It really cuts down on the glare and lets you see the “four”targets and top of the playfield. You can set it to leave those lights on when you’re not playing.

#1735 1 year ago

Speaking of lights, I am blinded when I hit a super jackpot and I think when it awards an extra ball. I don't understand Stern's terminology to figure out which settings to adjust to eliminate the blinding effect of the flashing lights. I don't want the whole game board to be overall dimmer, I just want the flashing lights to be dimmer. Which setting would achieve that? Thanks.

#1736 1 year ago

Don’t think there is a setting to adjust that (could be wrong but don’t think it is adjustable) - it’s supposed to be a moment where you accomplished something hence the quick light show. Personally, I love it.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I will own a Beatles pinball machine one day. I agree that it’s a ton of fun.

Beatles is an EM/SS on Steroids.

#1738 1 year ago

I aso joined roughly a week ago and have playing this game quite a bit now.
Very Fun and Stupid Fast!
Wax on then Wax off

#1739 1 year ago

Anyone one got info on a topper that’s for sale?

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Beatles is an EM/SS on Steroids.

Right. I’ve played Seawitch and Beatles is so much more fun for me. The call outs, the music, the light show, sound effects, magnet up top, spinning record disk, jackpot target thing behind the drops, LCD display. It all comes together as a great package. Approachable/understandable modes. Fun layout with the upper flippers and loop shots. Short ball times. All of that is right up my alley and I’m not even a Beatles fan. Sure I like their popular tunes and admit I prefer the young Beatles over their later stuff. Too bad the Zeppelin or Rolling Stones machines aren’t this awesome. Haha

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I'm curious if the rumors are true that there are still a lot of NIB Beatles machines at distributors. Did you buy new?

#1743 1 year ago

I'm curious if anyone has a strategy to hit the super jackpot behind the fab targets. Are you shooting from the bottom right flipper? from the top right? Banking it off of something or just shooting and praying? I find it the toughest shot in the game - seems to be the secret to higher scores.

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

I'm curious if anyone has a strategy to hit the super jackpot behind the fab targets. Are you shooting from the bottom right flipper? from the top right? Banking it off of something or just shooting and praying? I find it the toughest shot in the game - seems to be the secret to higher scores.

Bottom right flipper

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

Yes, bottom right flipper it is. It's just that it's a tough shot to make, which it should be if it's a super jackpot.

Also, keep in mind that there is a "sneek in bonus" if you can hit the SP target with one or two of the drop targets up.

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

This is what I use for spinners. Around 5 bucks on Amazon.
[quoted image]

That's the stuff. Also good to put just a tiny bit on the rollers (not the ball itself) of trackball arcade games, Golden Tee, etc.

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

"Play better!" *

Nuff said.

* Steve Ritchie

#1748 1 year ago

I came across a Beatles that had drop targets that would not reset.
A quick inspection showed that the "Drop Target Ledge" inside the mech broke (545-6163-04).

A new one is $15 after tax and shipping and just as brittle, so I decided to make my own. I came up with a quick design, cut them on my laser and threw them in the middle drop target assembly. Played a dozen games with these installed on my Beatles and they worked perfectly. After that, I replaced the ledges in the other assemblies, beat on them some more and have been really happy.

These should almost never break and I made them for 1, 2, & 3 bank targets as well for my other games.
545-6163-01
545-6163-02
545-6163-03

My neighbor already asked for a set for his ACDC, so a 5-bank target is next.

IMG_1748 (resized).jpegIMG_1748 (resized).jpeg

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I came across a Beatles that had drop targets that would not reset.
A quick inspection showed that the "Drop Target Ledge" inside the mech broke (545-6163-04).
A new one is $15 after tax and shipping and just as brittle, so I decided to make my own. I came up with a quick design, cut them on my laser and threw them in the middle drop target assembly. Played a dozen games with these installed on my Beatles and they worked perfectly. After that, I replaced the ledges in the other assemblies, beat on them some more and have been really happy.
These should almost never break and I made them for 1, 2, & 3 bank targets as well for my other games.
545-6163-01
545-6163-02
545-6163-03
My neighbor already asked for a set for his ACDC, so a 5-bank target is next.
[quoted image]

That’s awesome. That part is so annoying. I’ve had like four of these break so far on a HUO game. If you’d sell me a set I’d be interested.

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

Bottom right flipper as others said, but bottom left will also hit it when the ball is near the flipper post. I can get the ball into the super jackpot cavity with upper right, but it won't hit the switch squarely to award the jackpot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.