(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.
#1651 1 year ago

I'm looking for a Beatles Topper if anyone has a lead.

thanks

#1652 1 year ago

Saw this announcement from Cousin Brucie....

BEATLES HOLIDAY BULLETIN !!!
Premiering This Afternoon at 4:00PM
exclusively on MUSICRADIO WABC.

https://www.wabcmusicradio.com/?fbclid=IwAR29YjN2r21Gkm9NKWIdKnzdgZ52wVXMq19lthXYwSfcGKyo2iGqvbQ0Tjo

321440184_1392003448001738_8835789230236490424_n (resized).jpg321440184_1392003448001738_8835789230236490424_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1653 1 year ago

After 2 attempts (my corrupted hard-drive could not be rescued...), here is the first of my re-themes for The Beatles.... RUBBER SOUL

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/785341218

Links available for this code, and upcoming releases here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes

Happy New Year everyone!

rubber soul.jpgrubber soul.jpg
#1654 1 year ago

Does anyone else just prioritise going for extra ball during the entire game and kinda let the song mode expire?
I’ve found this to be the simplest way to reach HDN multi ball
Then I can go back and try to complete song modes (whilst still seeking out extra balls) for the TM wizard mode

#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Does anyone else just prioritise going for extra ball during the entire game and kinda let the song mode expire?
Then I can go back and try to complete song modes (whilst still seeking out extra balls) for the TM wizard mode

It's a valid strategy, but I find it better ...at least on the first ball...to clear the Pop Bumpers mode first. That combined with an extra ball will usually get you to HDN multi.

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Really depends if your goal is a killer score or just HDN mb.

My priority order for a high score (which also includes HDN and TM) is:

1. Focus on mode until time expires (hopefully complete it, but levels are still saved for later attempts)
2. Complete drops to qualify next mode and light extra ball.
3. Attempt to start next mode
4. Attempt to collect EB

I never just focus on EB first and foremost. Playing through modes will get you a higher score. If the mode expires, set up for the next one.

If you get good at multiple modes per ball, the EB is less critical (however still valuable for its additional free mode.)

Steps 3 and 4 are basically simultaneous, but you get further if you try to max the mode count with each ball, rather than just getting one mode with each ball, and relying on extras to play more modes.

The order you play modes is personal preference. I usually play Drive My Car first, and All My Loving at the end.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Really depends if your goal is a killer score or just HDN mb.
My priority order for a high score (which also includes HDN and TM) is:
1. Focus on mode until time expires (hopefully complete it, but levels are still saved for later attempts)
2. Complete drops to qualify next mode and light extra ball.
3. Attempt to start next mode
4. Attempt to collect EB
I never just focus on EB first and foremost. Playing through modes will get you a higher score. If the mode expires, set up for the next one.
If you get good at multiple modes per ball, the EB is less critical (however still valuable for its additional free mode.)
Steps 3 and 4 are basically simultaneous, but you get further if you try to max the mode count with each ball, rather than just getting one mode with each ball, and relying on extras to play more modes.
The order you play modes is personal preference. I usually play Drive My Car first, and All My Loving at the end.

Oh, and practice the 2 spinner shots until you have them down. It makes the difficult spinner mode easier to tackle over time, and VERY helpful during multiball as switchcount is what advances thru the levels.

#1658 1 year ago

Here is my second re-theme for The Beatles Pinball - Abbey Road! This re-theme is once again using code version 1.20, and should be compatible with all 3 models.

Preview Video:
https://vimeo.com/786132524

You can access the download link here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes

abbey road.jpgabbey road.jpg
1 week later
#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Oh, and practice the 2 spinner shots until you have them down. It makes the difficult spinner mode easier to tackle over time, and VERY helpful during multiball as switchcount is what advances thru the levels.

Someone on here suggested a little dry lube on the spinners. "Ticket to Ride" went from the most difficult to the easiest mode to hit level 5. Two good shots and you're there. Unfortunately, the points don't seem to rack up as fast as with other modes.

I don't know why anyone would want it, but I need to get rid of the original shipping crate my Beatles Diamond came in. Dallas, TX area. Need to make room for something else.

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Someone on here suggested a little dry lube on the spinners. "Ticket to Ride" went from the most difficult to the easiest mode to hit level 5. Two good shots and you're there. Unfortunately, the points don't seem to rack up as fast as with other modes.
I don't know why anyone would want it, but I need to get rid of the original shipping crate my Beatles Diamond came in. Dallas, TX area. Need to make room for something else.

absolutely - I just spray a little WD-40 on a Q-tip and give the spinners a once over - works like a charm!

#1661 1 year ago

I put a touch of SuperLube on a q-tip and it was funny with the opto spinner. I actually had to go into settings and make the mode harder because I felt it was just cheating.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here is my second re-theme for The Beatles Pinball - Abbey Road! This re-theme is once again using code version 1.20, and should be compatible with all 3 models.
Preview Video:
https://vimeo.com/786132524
You can access the download link here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes[quoted image]

I appreciate you posting these custom code mods. but I'm used to seing a .RAW format. What's the process for creating a SD card with an .img file?

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Two good shots and you're there. Unfortunately, the points don't seem to rack up as fast as with other modes.

Right spinner is much more valuable than left spinner, FYI.

#1664 1 year ago

Several years into playing Beatles and I'm still learning how the game awards points in some circumstances. I can't play and watch the scoreboard at the same time. Has anyone created a master rules manual for it?

Also, I haven't figured out what the Special (red light and knock) award is. Is it only something that would be used in coin-op mode in an arcade?

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Several years into playing Beatles and I'm still learning how the game awards points in some circumstances. I can't play and watch the scoreboard at the same time. Has anyone created a master rules manual for it?
Also, I haven't figured out what the Special (red light and knock) award is. Is it only something that would be used in coin-op mode in an arcade?

Tilt forums are a great place for in depth rules.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-the-beatles-rulesheet/7840

The knocker is likely for replay, you should be able to set the awards for replay and special in the menu.

Check out some video tutorials online via youtube or twitch and that should go a long way.

Good luck, Beatles is a great game.

#1666 1 year ago

Don't know much about the beatles and would like to add one to my line up
Is there any difference in the game play or Video clips between the version ?

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

Don't know much about the beatles and would like to add one to my line up
Is there any difference in the game play or Video clips between the version ?

nope no difference between the 3 models gameplay wise. Just different cab art, Apron plaque, as well as different Powder Coating. Gold is the way to go (IMO)

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

For any of the modes, after you reach level 5, you can continue to do the thing until the timer runs out. Every X number of whatever you're going for, you'll score 100k, and that gets added to your jackpot value at the end of the mode as well. With a lubed spinner you could get a million out of the mode itself and then another million for the jackpot, so the points are there.

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

nope no difference between the 3 models gameplay wise. Just different cab art, Apron plaque, as well as different Powder Coating. Gold is the way to go (IMO)

Ok thanks
Appreciate your advice
Heah gold would look sweet
What's a fair price for either model currently

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

Ok thanks
Appreciate your advice
Heah gold would look sweet
What's a fair price for either model currently

Looks like Golds that don't have the topper are around the $7500 USD mark on the Pinside marketplace so you could use that as a guide. However if you were looking to find one in Australia I'd expect the price to be much higher given lower supply and the shipping/tax people had to pay to get them.

#1671 1 year ago

If you like pinball, the Beatles is a fun machine. It helps to like the early Beatles music too. One of my goals in the future is to scrape enough cash together to own one of these some day. I like how there are 5 modes linked to the different songs. Each of the modes have a simple objective. The lighting and colors are excellent, and the sound is fun too. It can be difficult and drain easily, but I really enjoy the layout, loop shots, drop targets, spinners, and pop bumpers. The added spinning disc and magnets are cool too, as well as the shot hidden for the extra ball. Super fun and I've only been able to play it on location.

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It helps to like the early Beatles music too.

You can also swap out the music to some of their other songs.

There are aftermarket alternatives you can put on interchangeable sd cards.

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

You can also swap out the music to some of their other songs.
There are aftermarket alternatives you can put on interchangeable sd cards.

Wow that's interesting
Is there a SD slot on the CPU board ?
Can you send me a link where I could download please

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

Wow that's interesting
Is there a SD slot on the CPU board ?
Can you send me a link where I could download please

Yes, there is an SD slot for easy swapping.

Read through these threads. It started with the Sgt Peppers re-theme with pre-insider connected code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes#post-7322889

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

... I just spray a little WD-40 on a Q-tip and give the spinners a once over ...

#1676 1 year ago

just on the guides by the holes....and just a dab. nothing to worry about haha

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

just on the guides by the holes....and just a dab. nothing to worry about haha

I can't confirm this as I never use it on my games, but WD-40 supposedly will gum up over time.

#1678 1 year ago

Good to know - I'll find an alternative- appreciated.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Special awards a free game. In Free play mode, it doesn't really do anything. I believe there is a setting to allow special to award an extra ball.

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Good to know - I'll find an alternative- appreciated.

This is what I use for spinners. Around 5 bucks on Amazon.

superlube (resized).JPGsuperlube (resized).JPG
#1681 1 year ago

Have an extremely nice TZ that I'd like to trade for Beatles. Any trim level. Topper would be (very) great.

I'll make a tier 7 contribution to pinside.

Thank you in advance.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Have an extremely nice TZ that I'd like to trade for Beatles. Any trim level. Topper would be (very) great.
I'll make a tier 7 contribution to pinside.
Thank you in advance.

I have a December 2021 build and I am located in Iowa. I am listening. Perfect shape, no topper.

#1683 1 year ago

Any distros still selling Beatles gold? If not im looking for low plays and driving distance from Chicago. Thanks

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Any distros still selling Beatles gold? If not im looking for low plays and driving distance from Chicago. Thanks

Its possible some distributors may still have them if you call around. A few on Pinside are selling for decent prices as well.

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

guy has one nib listed on here for $7900 but its in florida

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

guy has one nib listed on here for $7900 but its in florida

Thank you. Since he is not a distro, any shipping damages would be my responsibility so don’t want that scenario. I did find a distro for 9k nib and may go with that unless something pops up soon.

#1687 1 year ago

There appears to be a person in Milwaukee selling a Gold. He is asking $8900 though.

#1688 1 year ago

Man, still kicking myself for not buying up one of the MANY Golds pre-lockdown, that were easily in the 6000-6999 range...

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, still kicking myself for not buying up one of the MANY Golds pre-lockdown, that were easily in the 6000-6999 range...

It’s a great game, wish I had gotten mine that cheap

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

It’s a great game, wish I had gotten mine that cheap

Last game I want. I've got some pretty polarizing games already (Halloween, Ghostbusters, TBL), with Scooby on order, Beatles is my perfect 5th. One day soon!

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Last game I want. I've got some pretty polarizing games already (Halloween, Ghostbusters, TBL), with Scooby on order, Beatles is my perfect 5th. One day soon!

TBL is polarizing?!

#1692 1 year ago

Not the game, just the story behind it and all the folks still waiting.

#1693 1 year ago

Beatles should not be a polarizing game anymore, great game and still a relatively good value where prices are today.

#1694 1 year ago

Hello, anyone been able to add songs/retheme the machine if it has IC and latest code already? Thanks

#1695 1 year ago

Beatles is polarizing. Don’t worry. The game punishes people who don’t like it with brutally tough gameplay. It can stand up for itself. No need to defend it.

1 week later
#1696 1 year ago

Added some extras. Beatles ornament band, guitar, tv, fluorescent plastic protectors, gold trim on lighted speaker, and warm through light. I’m just hoping/wishing I can add alternate songs with insider connect someday.

E3013B7C-4C1C-4BA7-B792-6B99208244B1 (resized).jpegE3013B7C-4C1C-4BA7-B792-6B99208244B1 (resized).jpeg
#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I can't confirm this as I never use it on my games, but WD-40 supposedly will gum up over time.

any liquid lubricant attracts dirt and dust. the cleaner the part the better.

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

any liquid lubricant attracts dirt and dust. the cleaner the part the better.

Absolutely. Accordingly, to use or not use lubricants has always been a somewhat contentious debate topic among EM collecting pinheads.

A particular lubricant's tendency to gum up over time is not just due to attracting dirt and dust though.

#1699 1 year ago

Any word if Stern could release another batch of Beatles ?

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from ant68:

Any word if Stern could release another batch of Beatles ?

Feels like they cut the full run short, and it is archived so probably no shot any more are being made.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
There are 2,091 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.