(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I mean zero disrespect for this title. Actually never played it. I was just curious as to why so few people talk about the Beatles pin. Is it boring, weak code, or something else? It doesn't seem to get any love and respect.

Probably not much talk about lately cause its a niche game and has been out for a while so any hype is prob minimal at this point. My Beatles gets played constantly by me and my buddies. Code is great - simple, direct, and fun. It is an excellent competition game as it is fast as hell and the games are very quick. Safe to say you are doing well if you can last even 5 mins on one ball. Got mine NIB for $7,500 exactly a year ago and still very happy with it. The only negative is that that there aren't full tunes and the music does get repetitive. Other than that, it is a fun old-school style game. Very happy to have it in my lineup.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Probably not much talk about lately cause its a niche game and has been out for a while so any hype is prob minimal at this point. My Beatles gets played constantly by me and my buddies. Code is great - simple, direct, and fun. It is an excellent competition game as it is fast as hell and the games are very quick. Safe to say you are doing well if you can last even 5 mins on one ball. Got mine NIB for $7,500 exactly a year ago and still very happy with it. The only negative is that that there aren't full tunes and the music does get repetitive. Other than that, it is a fun old-school style game. Very happy to have it in my lineup.

Totally agree. I also love this game and play the crap out of it.

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I mean zero disrespect for this title. Actually never played it. I was just curious as to why so few people talk about the Beatles pin. Is it boring, weak code, or something else? It doesn't seem to get any love and respect.

It's a great game. So much more fun to play than many games with deeper rules. Its fun on your own, and even better in multiplayer games competing against others.

It's simple, difficult, fast, challenging and attainable. The code is perfectly balanced.

It's an adrenaline pumping game. I love it.

#1604 1 year ago

I played this game on location and liked it so much that I built a Seawitch from parts. My dream would be to have a Beatles converted back to a modern Seawitch theme. I love how the updated geometry shoots.

#1605 1 year ago

Game got a lot of grief for just being a retheme of Seawitch, but GG put a lot of effort into really cleaning up the geometry. It shoots so well. Dean Grover pinzeverywhere put a lot of love into the code and the code for the topper integration. Dean even gave us classic mode not too long ago. Game is out of production. He didn’t have to do that but has a passion for the game.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

This pin works better in a bigger collection than a small one.

It’s a game you can’t play everyday. You will get bored and tired of the game quick. It’s a great/fun game to play…just not all the time.

Think of it like a classic car. You take it out for the car shows and occasional Sunday drive.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Beatles is a complete ass beater. It destroys the souls of good players and average players just scratch their heads at times. It’s a SS game on steroids. Simple rules. Shallow code. No ramps. Really no toys and or bells and whistles. Folks say it’s only good for someone with a at least a few pins or more. Pretty lame compared to other pins.

That being said I love mine. I just keep hitting start on it. Will be one of my last to sell.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Beatles is a complete ass beater. It destroys the souls of good players and average players just scratch their heads at times. It’s a SS game on steroids. Simple rules. Shallow code. No ramps. Really no toys and or bells and whistles. Folks say it’s only good for someone with a at least a few pins or more. Pretty lame compared to other pins.
That being said I love mine. I just keep hitting start on it. Will be one of my last to sell.

Agree, if you truly like pinball and aren’t a gimmick person this game is great.

Do agree though if you only have 1-2 games may not be the right game.

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree, if you truly like pinball and aren’t a gimmick person this game is great.
Do agree though if you only have 1-2 games may not be the right game.

What size game room do people think this game will fit in?

My opinion, under 5, the game doesn’t belong. If you have 8 and up, this game will fit perfectly.

#1610 1 year ago

I have four games and think it works well in a collection with several other modern games with complicated rulesets, toys, etc.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Its a pin that I still play about everyday. It's not for everyone and some people want to be wow'ed by mechs, which I admit Beatles don't have. Its a shooters game, period. Some also say; its just a Seawitch. They never really appreciated either game because if they did, I don't think they would say that. With that being said...If I could improve the game, I'd like the Seawitch sounds in Classic mode.

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This pin works better in a bigger collection that a small one.
It’s a game you can’t play everyday. You will get bored and tired of the game quick. It’s a great/fun game to play…just not all the time.
Think of it like a classic car. You take it out for the car shows and occasional Sunday drive.

Gotta disagree with ya - this game is such

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My opinion, under 5, the game doesn’t belong. If you have 8 and up, this game will fit perfectly.

I have 5 pins and this one is played just as much as all my others

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It’s a fair question. I think it’s a good add once you go beyond 3 games assuming they are all modern games with ramps, toys and gimmicks.

It’s just a fun game, not overly difficult but can flat out kick your ass and when you do get that game going where you can’t miss it’s amazing.

Certainly helps if you like the music and callouts.

I just think overall it’s a well done pkg.

#1614 1 year ago

Heads up, I had put about 20 hours work into a Rubber Soul Retheme.... and then the hard drive malfunctioned :*(

The drive is in the PC repair shop, wish me luck. If I can get the project back, it should be available soon.

Fingers crossed....

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It's a generally underrated game. And I'm betting for much the same reason as your unfamiliarity with it - a lot of pinheads have never played it.

#1616 1 year ago

I have a six pin collection, all modern Sterns, (I’ve played every Stern from AC/DC on, except for the latest 007)
As I’m a huge Beatles fan, I had to have this pinball
I think it’s a great machine and a real point of difference when compared to the others in my lineup
It outshoots all the others, whilst offering minimal in the gimmicks department
I wouldn’t want it as my only pin, but if I could only own two machines, The Beatles would be one of those

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

... I think it’s a great machine and a real point of difference when compared to the others in my lineup
It outshoots all the others, whilst offering minimal in the gimmicks department ...

Yep - as I posted in the "Is GnR a good game or not?" thread, I traded my very nice GnR LE for a Beatles.

No regrets whatsoever.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:Yep - as I posted in the "Is GnR a good game or not?" thread, I traded my very nice GnR LE for a Beatles.
No regrets whatsoever.

Beatles is a better shooter, GNR has the lights and more music but that’s it. I have them both.

I’ll throw LZ Pre/LE into the mix of a shooters paradise that gets not enough respect. Has the music and lights too.

Some just like lots of plastic Cracker Jack toys and gimmicks.

I want adrenaline pumping speed and flow.

#1619 1 year ago

For a two year period, Beatles was one of three pins I had (TZ & BM66 were the others), and I think it worked well in this small grouping. It is a nice change of pace comparatively for all of the reasons previously mentioned; single level, no ramps, relatively simple rules set. I always find myself returning to it (even after the recent addition of GZ), always telling myself that I could use a little simplicity, where it then proceeds to kick my rear end. As a Beatles fan, I never get tired of listening to the music. I think a great deal of the negativity of this title is, again, from those who have never played it, and also the reaction to the initial pricing of the machine (which for the Platinum and Diamond editions, was understandable).

It's not going to be leaving my collection any time soon, if ever.

#1620 1 year ago

I just had an issue crop up with my 1.23 code not giving the extra ball. It appears to award the extra ball, the shoot again insert lights up solid, but when the ball drains it just goes to the next player, or to the end of the game if ball 3. Anyone seeing this behavior or know what could cause it?

1 week later
#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I just had an issue crop up with my 1.23 code not giving the extra ball. It appears to award the extra ball, the shoot again insert lights up solid, but when the ball drains it just goes to the next player, or to the end of the game if ball 3. Anyone seeing this behavior or know what could cause it?

You might consider 1.24 which is available now.

#1622 1 year ago

I feel like this is simple but I’m not exactly sure what to adjust. If I hold the left flipper button in both flippers stay up. But I have to decompress the button a much greater amount for the bottom flipper to release. It’s minor but makes it difficult to trap and do a little “flutter” so I can backhand the jackpot. I thought it would be something with the cabinet flipper switch but wasn’t sure why the upper flipper was fine still.

I did replaced the coil sleeves and stops just in case that was the issue but it doesn’t appear to have been.

#1623 1 year ago

Just posting as people here don't seem to know. Our good friend Dean Grover (programmer for Bally/Williams and Stern and the Beatles progammer) passed away about a week ago. He was a great guy, great friend and great programmer! Look him up if you don't know his work.
We will miss you Dean.

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I’ve had that happen numerous times but only on the last ball. I believe I’m on the latest code

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I’ve had that happen numerous times but only on the last ball. I believe I’m on the latest code

Might want to check the max number of EBs in the settings. Like if you have it set to 2, but this is the third EB you earned, I think you might see this happen. Not positive..but something to check.

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Might want to check the max number of EBs in the settings. Like if you have it set to 2, but this is the third EB you earned, I think you might see this happen. Not positive..but something to check.

That’s not the case because i have it set to 5

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Just posting as people here don't seem to know. Our good friend Dean Grover (programmer for Bally/Williams and Stern and the Beatles progammer) passed away about a week ago. He was a great guy, great friend and great programmer! Look him up if you don't know his work.
We will miss you Dean.

Thanks for posting that. I really enjoy the Beatles pinball machine. I’ll have to seek out and play other games Mr. Grover programmed.

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

You might consider 1.24 which is available now.

That worked! thanks!

#1629 1 year ago

I just love the holiday call outs! If you have not turned on holiday, it's kinda cool!

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I just love the holiday call outs! If you have not turned on holiday, it's kinda cool!

Turned on holidays?

Which adjustment is that?

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

More proof this was a labor of love for Dean when programming the machine.

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Turned on holidays?
Which adjustment is that?

Under Adjustments..the 1964 menu.... setting #64

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Thank you!!!!

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

For like Christmas, does it only come up on Christmas, or a day or 2 before and after?

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For like Christmas, does it only come up on Christmas, or a day or 2 before and after?

Not exactly sure what date it starts... but you should be hearing Christmas call outs occasionally now. You won't hear them every time, but every once in a while you'll hear a little Christmas message. Pretty cool.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Also check that your Time and Date is correct. I just did it on mine and it started end of the year and Christmas call outs after changing it from Nov 19 to current date. I am running 1.15

#1637 1 year ago

I noticed that the holiday callouts started on Dec. 10; I believe it goes at least through New Year's.

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I noticed that the holiday callouts started on Dec. 10; I believe it goes at least through New Year's.

I did sound on the game and Dean Grover who passed away a couple of weeks ago did the code. He said they play 12/10-12/27. It randomly plays a Christmas quote at game over. When you hit a Beatle name standup during gameplay, their normal quotes may be replaced by a different Christmas callout by that person.

Other fun fact.... the game over speech changes on one of their birthdays. So, that member gives most of the game over quotes on that day. I believe Dean also did some special birthday light effects on the topper for Beatle birthdays. He loved putting in little details like that.

Dean was a great guy and we had a ton of fun (and Taco Bell fueled late nights) making this game. It was a labor of love for both of us. I've been playing mine more than usual this month and thinking of the good times we had making it. Remember his family in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season.

Happy flipping and best to you and yours in 2023.

Jerry

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

... It randomly plays a Christmas quote at game over. When you hit a Beatle name standup during gameplay, their normal quotes may be replaced by a different Christmas callout by that person. .... the game over speech changes on one of their birthdays. So, that member gives most of the game over quotes on that day. I believe Dean also did some special birthday light effects on the topper for Beatle birthdays. ...

Very cool - thanks for sharing this info!

Now I need to look up the Beatles' birthday dates.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

I did sound on the game and Dean Grover who passed away a couple of weeks ago did the code. He said they play 12/10-12/27. It randomly plays a Christmas quote at game over. When you hit a Beatle name standup during gameplay, their normal quotes may be replaced by a different Christmas callout by that person.
Other fun fact.... the game over speech changes on one of their birthdays. So, that member gives most of the game over quotes on that day. I believe Dean also did some special birthday light effects on the topper for Beatle birthdays. He loved putting in little details like that.
Dean was a great guy and we had a ton of fun (and Taco Bell fueled late nights) making this game. It was a labor of love for both of us. I've been playing mine more than usual this month and thinking of the good times we had making it. Remember his family in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season.
Happy flipping and best to you and yours in 2023.
Jerry

Thank you for your efforts on the Beatles - you did a great job! Very happy to own this game - my buddies and I have a blast playing it weekly.

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Very cool - thanks for sharing this info!
Now I need to look up the Beatles' birthday dates.

George - Feb 25
Paul - Jun 18
Ringo - Jul 7
John - Oct 9
And yes, the topper reacts specifically on those dates.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

George - Feb 25
Paul - Jun 18
Ringo - Jul 7
John - Oct 9
And yes, the topper reacts specifically on those dates.

Feb 25 can’t come soon enough. Probably should put these dates in my Google calendar so I don’t forget to play the game on those days.

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Feb 25 can’t come soon enough. Probably should put these dates in my Google calendar so I don’t forget to play the game on those days.

Go in and change the date to Feb 25...then flip away!

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Go in and change the date to Feb 25...then flip away!

Genius!

#1645 1 year ago

I have Insider Connected. I don't think I can change the date in the Utilities menu anymore. I looked and couldn't find it.

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I have Insider Connected. I don't think I can change the date in the Utilities menu anymore. I looked and couldn't find it.

Do you find Insider Connected's pros outweigh the cons for a Beatles pin? They don't cost a lot, but I didn't see a good justification for putting one in....plus I use the 'alternative' music/vid mods occasionally which are based on older code.

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Do you find Insider Connected's pros outweigh the cons for a Beatles pin? They don't cost a lot, but I didn't see a good justification for putting one in....plus I use the 'alternative' music/vid mods occasionally which are based on older code.

Insider Connected does not enhance my pinball experience at all. And it's definitely not worth losing the improved music code to have it.

#1648 1 year ago

Has anyone changed the GI lights over to cool white?

If so, what did you think?

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone changed the GI lights over to cool white?
If so, what did you think?

That’s an interesting question. I hadn’t thought of it. Personally I like the warm white feel as it is period correct to the style of machine. I have a Primus which had cool white and it didn’t feel right on such an old school layout. I actually swapped Primus to retro LEDs and am very happy with the result. I would think someone did it and might have pics we can see.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

If you use the older code, then I wouldn't do it. I like IC because it tracks my games played, awards, etc. I have it on all my Spike 2 games. I'm going out of town next month so my streak is going to end...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,282 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/33?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.