(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,093 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by beltking
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG
There are 2,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 42.
#1501 1 year ago

how do you select classic mode ?

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

how do you select classic mode ?

Hold the flipper buttons before hitting start and a menu will appear

#1503 1 year ago

one or both ?

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

one or both ?

Both at the same time

#1505 1 year ago

yes got it thanks !

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I haven't because last I read there was some confusion about whether the alternate music SD cards would work if the code was updated. Has there been a definite conclusion on that?

You can still swap out the SD card with the alternate music. You’ll be on the old code when running the alternate and on the new code with the factory SD card. Make sure you swap them with the game off, the node boards will update each time you swap.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You can still swap out the SD card with the alternate music. You’ll be on the old code when running the alternate and on the new code with the factory SD card. Make sure you swap them with the game off, the node boards will update each time you swap.

I may be incorrect, but I remember reading in another thread about the node boards not being backwards compatible.

I forget where, but another spike 2 game with custom code (I'm gonna guess gotg) I read that once the node boards are updated if you revert to an older downgrade you could potentially brick them.

Can someone else with more knowledge chime in, as I would hate to see someone brick a game by accident.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I may be incorrect, but I remember reading in another thread about the node boards not being backwards compatible.
I forget where, but another spike 2 game with custom code (I'm gonna guess gotg) I read that once the node boards are updated if you revert to an older downgrade you could potentially brick them.
Can someone else with more knowledge chime in, as I would hate to see someone brick a game by accident.

Yes, read the same thing in reference to reverting back to older code and node boards on guardians in owner thread..
AD3A8D3E-58AC-4231-888F-8C16FD49A913 (resized).jpegAD3A8D3E-58AC-4231-888F-8C16FD49A913 (resized).jpeg

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

A friend of mine has his up to date but still swaps out SD cards to play the alt music. It does revert back but he hasn’t had any problems. But I guess there’s always a risk.
There’s new video footage on the recent update. I don’t know why anyone would not prefer to have all the latest fixes and additions.

1 week later
#1510 1 year ago

I'm trying to create a rulesheet for this game and, while I think I have most things figured out, I'm still not sure of all of the Beatlemania awards, I believe there is a total of 4. Does anyone happen to know what they all are? I know 2X Spinners and 5X Loops, possbily a 10X Loops as well? I'm also not sure what builds your base bonus value.

It's not a wiki yet, but it can be found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-the-beatles-rulesheet/7840 if anyone wants to take a look and see if what I've compiled makes sense.

Thanks.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I think in the post reporting bricking on gotg the problem was that the mod loaded had a much older version of code and they installed it in a new build that had a newer (incompatible) board revision than what was being used when that old code was current. The most current version of mod code (even though it was behind sterns version) wouldn’t have bricked it in that specific case from what I understood…

#1512 1 year ago

My metal apron was digging into my clearcoat a bit, so I got these purple things from the pinside marketplace and they look pretty good while giving some protection. Just a review of their product.

20220828_153817 (resized).jpg20220828_153817 (resized).jpg
#1513 1 year ago

Anyone have the sd card code that works on Pinball Browser they are willing to share? Thanks.

#1514 1 year ago

Just did a nice cleaning and wax on my Beatles and while at it, I added a dab of WD40 to the spinners using a Q-tip. This added approx 20% more spins and helps a ton. My spinner champ score is now rising steadily. Man what a fun game this is!

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just did a nice cleaning and wax on my Beatles and while at it, I added a dab of WD40 to the spinners using a Q-tip. This added approx 20% more spins and helps a ton. My spinner champ score is now rising steadily. Man what a fun game this is!

This stuff is amazing on spinners.... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lube-7ml-Precision-Oiler-Oil-with-Syncolon-PTFE-Lubricant-Per-Each-51010/202932717

Get a good rip and spins for days....awesome.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My metal apron was digging into my clearcoat a bit, so I got these purple things from the pinside marketplace and they look pretty good while giving some protection. Just a review of their product.
[quoted image]

I put clear washers under all of my aprons.

1 week later
#1518 1 year ago

I find the Beatles playfield kind of dark. I think better lighting would make the colors really pop, but I don’t want to get clunky looking Pinstadiums. I’d be curious to see what lighting improvements people have come up with.

#1519 1 year ago

Does anyone have a copy of V1.20 for Beatles Gold they can share?

The latest update is causing random reboots on my non-insider connected machine.

Thanks in advance!

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

The latest update is causing random reboots on my non-insider connected machine.
Thanks in advance!

Maybe try reinstalling. I have no issues with the new code.

#1521 1 year ago

Thanks in advance!

I haven't installed the latest Stern code on any of my Spike games yet. I heard a few different games are experiencing this if you don't have the insider connected hardware installed. I'll wait for the fixes. I don't have the older code for this one, but I'm pretty sure it's a known issue/bug (at least on pinside).

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I haven't installed the latest Stern code on any of my Spike games yet. I heard a few different games are experiencing this if you don't have the insider connected hardware installed. I'll wait for the fixes. I don't have the older code for this one, but I'm pretty sure it's a known issue/bug (at least on pinside).

I have the latest code on mine...I don't have the insider kit, and I have had no problems myself. Playing the 'classic mode' is a nice unexpected feature they added.

#1523 1 year ago

I heard it was possible to boot into "Seawitch" mode and play the classic game on a Beatles. If this is true, how do you do it? There is a Beatles at my local arcade and I'd like to give that a shot. Big fan of being able to play 2 different games on any machine.

Thanks!

#1524 1 year ago

Hold down both flipper buttons and you can cycle over to “classic mode”.

#1525 1 year ago

I wish the sounds were different in classic mode. I like The Beatles but even they get old after awhile.

#1526 1 year ago

Great game but the music definitely gets stale and repetitive- really wish it had full tunes and more of them, but licensing was just too expensive. I’m afraid to try those sound mods out there.

#1527 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07191-pindefender-in-metallic-purple

Went with regular Purple for the Beatles - very happy with these protectors. Install is easy as can be. Good stuff!

68FC65BC-D04D-4969-A291-E0C120A1BB61 (resized).jpeg68FC65BC-D04D-4969-A291-E0C120A1BB61 (resized).jpeg
#1528 1 year ago

I never get tired of this machine!

#1529 1 year ago

Finally joined

0B975DEA-C8E4-4939-A7E2-996E8E3D7469 (resized).jpeg0B975DEA-C8E4-4939-A7E2-996E8E3D7469 (resized).jpeg
#1530 1 year ago

Thanks in advance!

Code ver 1.23 just came out the other day, and is supposed to fix the reset issue.

#1531 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed that the entry for high scores has changed to a generic font and not what it used to be after the last or second last update?

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Has anyone noticed that the entry for high scores has changed to a generic font and not what it used to be after the last or second last update?

Something seemed different to me as well couldn’t pinpoint it. Also if plying a 2 player game it shows player 3/4 as 0’s. Pretty sure previously it only showed the score for the actual players.

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Stern is aware and is working on a fix.

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Stern is aware and is working on a fix.

I’ll hold off updating until the next one.

Thank you for the heads up!

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07191-pindefender-in-metallic-purple
Went with regular Purple for the Beatles - very happy with these protectors. Install is easy as can be. Good stuff!
[quoted image]

Those are nice SL protectors. Never saw them before.

#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Finally joined
[quoted image]

I love mine. But It’s brutal.

#1537 1 year ago

What's a Beatles topper going for these days?

There are none currently for sale on the Pinside market. Note that Gomez has come out and said they don't have the license to make any more in a podcast a while back.

Yes, I'm thinking about selling mine.

#1538 1 year ago

Latest one on pinside sold for $1,500 previous one was $1,250. I’ve been looking for one but can’t spend a crazy amount of money on one. Pm me if you are going to sell - maybe we can make a deal. Thanks!

#1539 1 year ago

I just sold mine for $1k even. Maybe I could have gotten more but whatever.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I just sold mine for $1k even. Maybe I could have gotten more but whatever.

I am pretty sure that is what I paid when I bought one 6 months ago.

#1541 1 year ago

Anyone looking to sell a topper please PM me - been looking for months.

thank you.

#1542 1 year ago

I'm looking for a topper also. Let me know if you have one for sale.

#1543 1 year ago

Bonjour !
I had the same issue on both ST And the Beatles. The central 4-bank drop target are having a hard time setting up. So I dissembled it, cleaned the factory grease and the dust stick to it, put it back it works fine.
But one month later, on the Beatles. The same target bank not resetting properly. But this time the resistance is not from the plastic of the targets against the washers.
It’s not in the coil sleeve this is smooth as well. The last place that I can see resistance that prevent the target from setting up is here on the photo. Now I know and I agree with the fact that the less grease or none is the best in most case. Grease attract dust and you have to do it over and over. However, since it’s metal on metal is a drop of some sort of grease can help my case? If yes which one would you suggest.

0BF6411B-5ED4-49D8-9EA4-BE1CF36F7C91 (resized).jpeg0BF6411B-5ED4-49D8-9EA4-BE1CF36F7C91 (resized).jpeg
#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from W1zardlou:

Bonjour !
I had the same issue on both ST And the Beatles. The central 4-bank drop target are having a hard time setting up. So I dissembled it, cleaned the factory grease and the dust stick to it, put it back it works fine.
But one month later, on the Beatles. The same target bank not resetting properly. But this time the resistance is not from the plastic of the targets against the washers.
It’s not in the coil sleeve this is smooth as well. The last place that I can see resistance that prevent the target from setting up is here on the photo. Now I know and I agree with the fact that the less grease or none is the best in most case. Grease attract dust and you have to do it over and over. However, since it’s metal on metal is a drop of some sort of grease can help my case? If yes which one would you suggest.
[quoted image]

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-11016-Aerosols-Dri-Film/dp/B000RFRM4U/ref=sr_1_5_mod_primary_new

https://www.amazon.com/200pcs-Cotton-Wooden-Handles-Applicator/dp/B07QLPS14V/ref=sr_1_5_mod_primary_new

This is Super Lube 11016 Dry-Film Spray. Sometimes I put it on wooded cotton swaps but usually I just spray it very little. Because it is dry it will not attract dirt. Most people will say never use lube and it is the best advice for most applications. But I do what I want....

#1545 1 year ago

Yet another broken drop target ledge plastic during a game. Anyone want to make a non-breakable version out of a better material? Stern obviously won’t do it. I would definitely buy a set and I’m sure many others would too.

933B80D0-FD58-4ED2-AD89-63D1BC4238E7 (resized).jpeg933B80D0-FD58-4ED2-AD89-63D1BC4238E7 (resized).jpeg
#1546 1 year ago

Yeah, I've broken two of them. I think I have 2 or 3 spares now, so at least that's something.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yet another broken drop target ledge plastic during a game. Anyone want to make a non-breakable version out of a better material? Stern obviously won’t do it. I would definitely buy a set and I’m sure many others would too.
[quoted image]

It would be an easy thing making a plate ledge, on the other hand then the ledge on the target would break instead and i prefer the former breaking.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It would be an easy thing making a plate ledge, on the other hand then the ledge on the target would break instead and i prefer the former breaking.

Not sure why it would be one or the other. Shorter plastic ledges on single or double drop targets on other games don’t break as much (longer ones must be weaker) and I’ve never seen problems with those targets breaking.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

[quoted image]

I made replacements out of scrap nylon pieces I had laying around. None of my okie-joe ledges have broken since.

Stern made these thinner starting with Game of Thrones, probably to save a tenth of a penny per. They are much more fragile than they used to be.

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I made replacements out of scrap nylon pieces I had laying around. None of my okie-joe ledges have broken since.
Stern made these thinner starting with Game of Thrones, probably to save a tenth of a penny per. They are much more fragile than they used to be.

Chas at Stern (RIP) told me a few years ago that he was trying to convince the engineers to make these parts better (or source better ones) but was unsuccessful. That’s just sad for such a cheap part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

There are 2,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.