(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,509 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by RebelGuitars
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AD3A8D3E-58AC-4231-888F-8C16FD49A913 (resized).jpeg
-1494534671168532204 (resized).jpg
66A954AC-A536-4CCD-868E-5C4DC6311183 (resized).jpeg
5C39C295-FDEE-42AA-94EB-DB71767EA413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190121_141522_543 (resized).jpg
20190119_083230 (resized).jpg
IMG_1808 (resized).jpg
IMG_6125 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220505_140236342 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
image000001 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
27211FA6-940B-4B37-9F1A-82DDE2E8695F (resized).jpeg
C4CB3D59-4D6D-4F4A-9776-338AC9C5162E (resized).jpeg
A261E942-0163-431A-9113-320CE7DFC345 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.
#1251 7 months ago

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2021 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* THE BEATLES *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Update instructions - Games connected to Stern Insider Connected:

1 - Open the coin door and press the black/enter button to enter Test Mode.
2 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate to the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
3 - Using the 4 buttons on the coin door, navigate down to the Software Update
menu.
4 - If a software update is available, this page will give you the option to
download and install it manually. From this menu you can also select to
install these updates automatically.

Installation notice:
This code release contains a single file ending in .spk

Update instructions:
1 - Download the spk file.
2 - Copy the spk file to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3 - Remove the USB stick from your computer when it is finished writing.
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, the game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

V1.20 - December 16, 2021
=======================
- *NEW* Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com/

Bugs:
- Fixed a case where mystery could award extra ball or special in competition mode
- Prevent Multiball Super Jackpot instructions from playing after multiball has ended

Enhancements:
- Added high score table for FAB FOUR, which is the total of a 4-player game
- Increased Beatlemania Base Jackpot value to 400k and boost to 50k, Taxman starts at 800k

System Changes (Version 3.01) on OS: 2.6.0 which includes the following:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec

- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.

- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.

- LOGIN behavior:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.

- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
"CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
"CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
"1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
"2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
"3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
"4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
"ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded

- Adjustment: "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
"SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
"ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough players
to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#1252 7 months ago

Thank you luch!

#1253 7 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Thanks for all the help. I was just able to confirm I have a standard coin door and I rolled the dice a small bit and ordered the Pinball Life kit.

The Pinball Life headphone jack kit fit like a charm and is now installed and working.

One thing odd that I doubt has anything to do with the Beatles machine in particular: The volume control adjusts the headphone volume when headphones are plugged in, but does not adjust the speaker volume when no headphones are plugged in. This is fine with me, but the PBL description does suggest that it will adjust speaker volume:

Volume knob adjusts the machine's speaker volume without opening the coin door or pausing your game when no headphones are plugged in, and adjusts your headphone's volume in the same way when headphones are plugged in.

Maybe now that there's a separate Headphone Volume setting in Stern's adjustments, it only adjusts this one setting?

#1254 7 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The Pinball Life headphone jack kit...

Anybody know if there is a bluetooth-enabled headphone kit available from any vendors? Seems archaic to have to use wired headphones these days.

#1255 7 months ago

You can always add something like this to any of the headphone kits.
amazon.com link »

#1256 7 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You can always add something like this to any of the headphone kits.
amazon.com link »

I get that, and thanks. but I don't want any dongles just hanging off the coin door! It would be cool to have a BT audio shim within the cab itself.

#1257 7 months ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I get that, and thanks. but I don't want any dongles just hanging off the coin door! It would be cool to have a BT audio shim within the cab itself.

You can put the headphone jack plate and dongle inside the cabinet.

#1258 7 months ago

I just installed the coin door headphone kit from pinball life. I love it. stevevt I think your settings are off if you want to have the volume know control the cabinet volume without headphones. In settings there is a setting for headphone control only,, or both headphones and cabinet control.

#1259 7 months ago

Does anyone have the file code version 1.10? Stern doesn't have it on their page and I'm running 1.08. I'd like my base code to be more updated but didn't want to go gull 1.2 in case of messing something up with the alternative SD cards.

#1260 7 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Does anyone have the file code version 1.10? Stern doesn't have it on their page and I'm running 1.08. I'd like my base code to be more updated but didn't want to go gull 1.2 in case of messing something up with the alternative SD cards.

I have v1.10 saved along with its ReadMe file. PM me for details.
Note that after v1.10 is v1.15 which has more enhancement and fixes including the Extra Ball and Special awards that would not properly hold between balls when their adjustments were set to YES. BUT applying v1.15 will reset all High Score tables, Audits, and Adjustments. I have that file and ReadMe as well.
Lastly, as of this writing, is the current available v1.20 with more enhancement and fixes and includes Insider Connected.

#1261 7 months ago

Just ordered a Beatles NIB from the last run and getting next week. Stoked!

Always wanted a Beatles and it was kind of now or never. There are a couple of Beatles left here and there if anyone wants one since we are on last call. They are less than Stern Prems. Something to think about.

Will read up on this thread later.

#1262 7 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just ordered a Beatles NIB from the last run and getting next week. Stoked!
Always wanted a Beatles and it was kind of now or never. There are a couple of Beatles left here and there if anyone wants one since we are on last call. They are less than Stern Prems. Something to think about.
Will read up on this thread later.

You won't be dissapointed in your decision. Such a great game especially if you add the "forum created" custom album playlist. Fun, fast, and perfectly integrated the way pinball should be. Congrats!

#1263 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

especially if you add the "forum created" custom album playlist.

And how can one get a copy of this?

Thanks
Ed

#1264 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You won't be dissapointed in your decision. Such a great game especially if you add the "forum created" custom album playlist. Fun, fast, and perfectly integrated the way pinball should be. Congrats!

Thanks I love ripping spinners and shooting loops and not a deep rules guy.

#1265 7 months ago

Toying with picking up a gold and parting with my LZ premium.

#1266 7 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

I do like LZ also. Looks like stern just raised prices across the board on all NIB’s so that may make your LZ hold its value a bit more going off of what you likely paid last year. Last call on getting Beatles NIB and I believe they are $8200 plus shipping and closer dealers will be less. Finding a HUO gold later will likely be difficult with only 180 worldwide owners on Pinside.

Depends on what you can get for LZ and how quickly you can make a deal down and get Beatles.

But I would own both! I would say “Maxl downside loss is $1000ish on Beatles so you are not paying $8000 you are likely only paying $1000 to own it. Will take stern years to get production back up where it needs to be.

My 2 Cents

#1267 7 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

you won't be sorry if you do. I've played a LZ Premium at Flippers in OBX. while a good solid stern title, it just didn't do it for me.
not enough variety of shots.
Beatles,while only a single-level playfield, has LOTS to keep you occupied as it's a wide open playfield, cool loop, 4 flippers (staged at that) and can get fast as lightening. Short game times compared to the other games in my collection, which is actually a real benefit sometimes. song modes are linked to shot types....pops, targets, spinners, orbits
Not to mention that the artwork and supporting color scheme are drop-dead beautiful in my opinion.
I think I'll go play a game right now....

#1268 7 months ago

Are the dimensions of The Beatles a little smaller than other Stern's? Could've sworn I read/saw somewhere that they are a few inches shorter.

#1269 7 months ago

Beatles has a lower back box. I as out of space for pins. Had an empty pin wall in my basement due to lower ceiling around the edge going around an Air conditioning vent. Friend said Beatles back box is 73 1/2. It would fit in on my empty wall. Space problem solved. Getting it this week

#1270 7 months ago

^
Thanks, I actually like that it's a little smaller. I am strongly considering getting one. I've been looking around and it looks like Nitro Pinball and Pinballs.com (Automated) both have them in stock. Never ordered from either of them but it looks like they are both solid companies. Anyone else have any recommendations on where to order? Thanks.

#1271 7 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

or

234D60D4-3EC5-4C58-B6FC-3D9E9EB870C4 (resized).jpeg
#1272 7 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

^
Thanks, I actually like that it's a little smaller. I am strongly considering getting one. I've been looking around and it looks like Nitro Pinball and Pinballs.com (Automated) both have them in stock. Never ordered from either of them but it looks like they are both solid companies. Anyone else have any recommendations on where to order? Thanks.

Now I would try to get one more local. Why? Shipping is pricy now and east coast to west coast is hundreds more. I would recommend to go to sterns site and go down the list of dealers and call to see who has one in stock. Ask how much sniping is. Ask about Tax some don’t ask for it but technically you are supposed to report the purchase with your state. How are you paying ? Credit card is usually a slight up charge compared to PayPal FF or wires. NIB should be around $8199. Its about 10% less than Premiums. It’s last call last run of for them so I heard. I think HUO local would be tough to find and if they are sold out less but not much less than NIB. I honestly don’t think Beatles will pop much in price though like a EHOH JP GDZ or DP Prem.

Def call as dealers websites are not up to date and inventory gets bought up quick. Old Town pinball in FL had one left also call Will the owner, but once again East Coast

Ignore this is you already know all this or have better ways.

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

#1273 7 months ago

So I got my Beatles, so good there. Question - on some songs the cab woofer seems to do that ripple rumbling sound like it is struggling or slightly blown. Taxman is sounds a little off. Any ideas?

Thanks

#1274 7 months ago

So I got my Beatles, so good there. Question - on some songs the cab woofer seems to do that ripple rumbling sound like it is struggling or slightly blown. Taxman is sounds a little off. Any ideas?
Thanks

mess with attenuation settings and also add a subwoofer

#1275 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

mess with attenuation settings and also add a subwoofer

Yes after I posted I found and started to work on that. And yes a friend of mine says subwoofer works well.

Thank you

#1276 7 months ago

Thanks

Might be the mesh that Stern puts under subwoofer. Could try putting some weather stripping between the woofer and the mesh, see if that helps. On my JP I just removed the mesh and it sounded 100% better.

#1277 7 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Might be the mesh that Stern puts under subwoofer. Could try putting some weather stripping between the woofer and the mesh, see if that helps. On my JP I just removed the mesh and it sounded 100% better.

Haven’t heard of that idea. Thanks

#1278 7 months ago

Haven’t heard of that idea. Thanks

maybe its loose and you luck out by just tightening the nuts

#1279 6 months ago

Let me know if you have a topper you’d sell

Or know a dealer who might still have one

Thank you

#1280 6 months ago

Has anyone hooked up a Stern Insider Connect kit to a Beatles yet?

#1281 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So the light rumbling sound from the cab speaker was the mesh protector being too tight. I pushed the mesh in on some spots to stretch it out and seems better now. Thanks

#1282 6 months ago

I thought my family was going to play one more round, but they went outside to play with the dogs. So I played all 4 players. Just goes to show a lot of luck goes into my playing, both good and bad! First and second times I've had over 24m with latest software 1.20.

20220123_174436 (resized).jpg
#1283 6 months ago

Anyone get in on the last run of The Beatles?
Just wondering if it came with Sterns insider connect and plastic air ball protector above ‘FOUR’ drop target bank

#1284 6 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just wondering if it came with Sterns insider connect and plastic air ball protector above ‘FOUR’ drop target bank

Yes to insider connect

No to airball protector above the four

#1285 6 months ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I will find out when mine is delivered this week. Will let you know.

#1286 6 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I will find out when mine is delivered this week. Will let you know.

Wow Central Park! Nice! GLWTS

#1287 6 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Yes to insider connect

Could you post a pic of the apron? I don't think I have seen how it looks yet. Thanks

#1288 6 months ago

Just installed these playfield protectors for the apron from Apron Envy. The purple matches the titan rings very nicely. It will absolutely stop the rubbing that occurs. Pics included and you can see the small rubber washers I was using previously.

Install was literally 5 minutes, order and ship was really quick. Now that I have seen them and installed, Star Wars, Kiss, AIQ, and Rush are absolutely next to order.

Thanks Apron Envy!

Edit: yes…I also see that my flipper rings are dirty… no need to comment

20220126_103450 (resized).jpg20220126_103615 (resized).jpg20220126_103623 (resized).jpg20220126_104054 (resized).jpg20220126_104101 (resized).jpg20220126_104208 (resized).jpg20220126_104316 (resized).jpg

#1289 6 months ago

Would there be a way to add 8 more songs with A Hard Day's Night, Taxman, Help and Can't Buy Me Love so when you complete stuff etc and you're not in a mode and a song plays, instead of the 4 we get now, there'd be a variety of 12? I don't know how to use Pinball Browser

#1290 6 months ago

Would love to see the apron from the last run to see how they integrated IC.

#1291 6 months ago

Here you go

image (resized).jpg
#1292 6 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Here you go
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#1293 6 months ago
Quoted from eharan:

Here you go
[quoted image]

They really should give the customer the option to have this or not.

In my opinion they are making the aprons look like shit. Not everyone wants to be connected.

#1294 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They really should give the customer the option to have this or not.
In my opinion they are making the aprons look like shit. Not everyone wants to be connected.

I have one coming from the last run and was hoping it was more tastefully integrated like the last B66 was. At this point a purple sticker to cover the red around the reader would help. That red is a just super out of place with the colors on the machine. I would be tempted to move it to the coin door but then wouldn’t have the original art piece to put in its place.

#1295 6 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have one coming from the last run and was hoping it was more tastefully integrated like the last B66 was. At this point a purple sticker to cover the red around the reader would help. That red is a just super out of place with the colors on the machine. I would be tempted to move it to the coin door but then wouldn’t have the original art piece to put in its place.

Coin door or anywhere on front of cab would be better. Really ruins the look.

#1296 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wonder if someone sells the original insert.

#1297 6 months ago

I wonder when they switched the playfield up? Artwork use to go under the entire post and now I noticed it’s cut back at the post

#1298 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree. Never a fan of removing artwork.

#1299 6 months ago

I will need to cover that up with an original apron piece of print or whatever.

#1300 6 months ago
Quoted from MWM82:

I will need to cover that up with an original apron piece of print or whatever.

Let me know if and where you find the original piece of art that goes there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 6.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!