(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 42.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hm. I've had the three alt sound mods downloaded and sitting on my hard drive forever, but never went through with it. The whole pin from the art to the callouts to the videos is all about pre-'67 Beatles, so it just seems like psychedelic Beatles music would seem so out of place. Anyone have a video of this with one of the alt sound mods? I'd love to see it.

The music/vid mods are really cool, but the only thing that is a bit off is that the call-outs still refer to the original song names, not the new ones, and the text on the playfield doesn't match the songs either. But the video clips are very well curated and the songs are well chosen. .02

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hm. I've had the three alt sound mods downloaded and sitting on my hard drive forever, but never went through with it. The whole pin from the art to the callouts to the videos is all about pre-'67 Beatles, so it just seems like psychedelic Beatles music would seem so out of place. Anyone have a video of this with one of the alt sound mods? I'd love to see it.

You can always swap cards back to original if you don't like it. Adds variety and we enjoy it.

#1203 2 years ago

Does this work with the new code update? Would like to attempt this but I thought I read somewhere this was an issue…

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Does this work with the new code update? Would like to attempt this but I thought I read somewhere this was an issue…

no

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Try this you wont regret it.The white album is best but all are good.but not with 1.15.1

#1206 2 years ago

Just a couple dumb questions. I'm looking for a game to compliment my JJP GNR machine. My wife is a big Beatles fan. What is the difference between the Gold, Platinum and Diamond versions of this game? Are Platinum/Diamond still even available or is everything sold out except for Gold?

Is the Gold version of the game numbered on a plaque or something?

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Just a couple dumb questions. I'm looking for a game to compliment my JJP GNR machine. My wife is a big Beatles fan. What is the difference between the Gold, Platinum and Diamond versions of this game? Are Platinum/Diamond still even available or is everything sold out except for Gold?

From my understanding only the trim and art are different between models, everything else is the same. i dont know about the plaque.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

From my understanding only the trim and art are different between models, everything else is the same. i dont know about the plaque.

There is no number on my Gold that I am aware of...
and you're right, all three trim levels are identical game-play wise.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

The gold version is the bargain. All 3 versions together are limited to 1,964 units, 250 of which are platinum, 100 are diamonds and the remainder are golds.

Each version has different cabinet and backglass art. All versions are equally nice with respect to cabinet art, in my opinion.

Platinum and diamonds have a plaque (big deal for some, I suppose). The legs, lockdown bar and backbox trim are a different color than on the gold version. Again, the gold color looks as good or better, to my eye.

The diamonds have a crystal backglass as opposed to a translite on the other versions.

The playfield and programming are identical on all versions.

Apart from the notion that limited production adds value, there's no justification for a price differential above the gold version beyond a few hundred dollars. Yet, some platinums have sold for $10K - $16K and diamonds for $30K+ during the early release. More recently, enthusiasts have realized that these artificial "elevated versions" possess no added intrinsic value, a recognition which has deflated the price of those versions and elevated the best value version (i.e. the gold).

If you buy a gold and prefer the platinum translite (like me), you can replace the translite for about $100.

At about $8K or less, the gold is the way to go. Get an aftermarket shaker motor, enhanced speakers and the speaker light mod for more fun. This thread reviews all of the mods..

I hear that the cabinets are constructed with Norwegian wood. ;>

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I'm looking for a game to compliment my JJP GNR machine. My wife is a big Beatles fan.

Beatles compliments it with a different style of game play. Addictive.
Both equally enjoyable and present well.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I hear that the cabinets are constructed with Norwegian wood. ;>

Nice touch.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I hear that the cabinets are constructed with Norwegian wood

Isn't it good!?

#1213 2 years ago

I think the Gold looks best,I have a platinum and it looks better in person than it does on my computer screen.The Gold translite matches the cabinet art on the platinum.I like the gold translite better so I will get one for my Platinum.If I were paying cash at todays prices I would buy the Gold.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Isn't it good!?

I see what you did there. haha.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Looking for a sanity check... updated to the new code with no problems... I do love the new Extra Ball light show when you collect an EB. I updated and kept my settings to allow EB’s to carry over, and that seems to work now and was fixed in the new code.
However, I still have occasions where an EB is lit, I rollover the lit inlane but don’t collect the EB. At first I wasn’t sure and no one here has posted anything, but after a longer play session, I know I saw this happen at least 2-3 times.
Anyone else seeing this in the new code release?

Wait...when did new code get posted? I haven't seen anything in at least 18 months....?

#1216 2 years ago

Sorry for a quasi-newbie question, but recently the Super Jackpot target behind F-A-B has stopped responding, costing me significant points during some games. Is there and easy fix for that -- especially for someone who has minimal engineering skills?

#1217 2 years ago

Here's something... There are times when I make the "Super Duper" skill shot (lob the ball to top center and have it drop under the top magnet) that I'm pretty sure it wasn't awarded. I make the shot, and I don't get the Cousin Brucie callout or the screen graphic acknowledging the shot. Now it might be that Brucie was in the middle of another callout, so the skill shot callout didn't happen. In that case, I hope I'm getting the points, just not the acknowledgement.

Has anyone else had this happen?

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

Here's something... There are times when I make the "Super Duper" skill shot (lob the ball to top center and have it drop under the top magnet) that I'm pretty sure it wasn't awarded. I make the shot, and I don't get the Cousin Brucie callout or the screen graphic acknowledging the shot. Now it might be that Brucie was in the middle of another callout, so the skill shot callout didn't happen. In that case, I hope I'm getting the points, just not the acknowledgement.
Has anyone else had this happen?

The ball has to hit the top pop bumper as the first switch for this skill shot. It's possible for the ball to miss it so you get no skill shot. Also make sure your top bumper is sensitive.

On the other side of the coin, you might have a switch that's registering on its own sometimes that cancels out the skill shot before you can collect it.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Wait...when did new code get posted? I haven't seen anything in at least 18 months....?

Yes, v1.15.0 was released on Sterns Support/Game Code page. You wouldn't have seen it because the older release date was not updated - it's still 2/7/19. In the Search line under Game Code enter Beatles and enter and V1.15.0 should come up. Fair warning, with this update you will lose all your High Scores and settings.

#1220 2 years ago

So who is in charge of maxing the Beatles Christmas remix version of the code?

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Yes, v1.15.0 was released on Sterns Support/Game Code page. You wouldn't have seen it because the older release date was not updated - it's still 2/7/19. In the Search line under Game Code enter Beatles and enter and V1.15.0 should come up. Fair warning, with this update you will lose all your High Scores and settings.

Any tangible benefits to the updates? I read through the list and it mainly seems like minor things?

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The ball has to hit the top pop bumper as the first switch for this skill shot. It's possible for the ball to miss it so you get no skill shot. Also make sure your top bumper is sensitive.
On the other side of the coin, you might have a switch that's registering on its own sometimes that cancels out the skill shot before you can collect it.

Aaah, I see, thanks, good info here. I'll check to see if the top bumper is kicking properly.

Frank

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Sorry for a quasi-newbie question, but recently the Super Jackpot target behind F-A-B has stopped responding, costing me significant points during some games. Is there and easy fix for that -- especially for someone who has minimal engineering skills?

Did you check the switch gap (the space between the two rectangular metal contacts)? That can be adjusted pretty easily with a switch gap tool, or
Maybe a tweezers in a pinch.

#1224 2 years ago

Has anyone added a headphone jack to their Beatles?

According to Terry at Pinball Life, their Spike 2 kit won't work because the Beatles has a unique coin door.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

According to Terry at Pinball Life, their Spike 2 kit won't work because the Beatles has a unique coin door.

Odd. Looks like a standard Stern door to me.

512B3AFC-AB00-46EA-A86D-3138025B3996 (resized).jpeg512B3AFC-AB00-46EA-A86D-3138025B3996 (resized).jpeg

#1226 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

"Compatible with all USA SPIKE 2 system machines (excluding The Beatles)."

Terry confirmed via email. But maybe some have standard coin doors?

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Works fine on mine.

2588A8AA-97BC-4911-AFC9-4ED3CDC4C7EA (resized).jpeg2588A8AA-97BC-4911-AFC9-4ED3CDC4C7EA (resized).jpeg
#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html
"Compatible with all USA SPIKE 2 system machines (excluding The Beatles)."
Terry confirmed via email. But maybe some have standard coin doors?

Use the Stern version instead. See above ^

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Use the Stern version instead. See above ^

Wouldn't they both fit in the same space?

The Pinball Life one has two main advantages:
1) It's half the price.
2) You can actually buy it because it's not sold out everywhere.

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Wouldn't they both fit in the same space?
The Pinball Life one has two main advantages:
1) It's half the price.
2) You can actually buy it because it's not sold out everywhere.

Pinball Life says their version isn’t compatible. Maybe someone can chime in and debunk that too. Otherwise Stern version should be back in stock soon. Good luck

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Maybe this is because the original design had a solid coin door? It was originally designed as a home game.

BeatlesFront (resized).pngBeatlesFront (resized).png
#1232 2 years ago

Thanks for all the help. I was just able to confirm I have a standard coin door and I rolled the dice a small bit and ordered the Pinball Life kit.

#1233 2 years ago

After updating the code to .15 the score displayed hen turning on the power was zero for a week or two, instead of the score of the previous game. Now it always displays the same random score every time I turn the power on. I'm afraid that displaying this same score every time is affecting the average score audit. Anyone experience this, or know how to get it to show the previous game score like version .10 did?

#1234 2 years ago

Bought mine today! Hope to get it in the next few weeks for the holidays.

#1235 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the Holiday Mode still works? I have Version 1.10 installed. I don't see anything in the adjustment menu that relates to this.

Crimble maybe?

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Can anyone confirm if the Holiday Mode still works? I have Version 1.10 installed. I don't see anything in the adjustment menu that relates to this.
Crimble maybe?

Yes it does. Mine is chirping holiday quotes all the time right now.

There is indeed an adjustment that needs to be enabled. I'm not certain what number it is, though (I'm running 1.15, which I think has it enabled as a default).

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes it does. Mine is chirping holiday quotes all the time right now.
There is indeed an adjustment that needs to be enabled. I'm not certain what number it is, though (I'm running 1.15, which I think has it enabled as a default).

Have been through the adjustments menu over and over in 1.10 and for the life of me can not find the right adjustment for Holiday Speech.

EDITED TO ADD: I am an idiot and I found it. Holiday Rejoicing in full effect!

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

After updating the code to .15 the score displayed hen turning on the power was zero for a week or two, instead of the score of the previous game. Now it always displays the same random score every time I turn the power on. I'm afraid that displaying this same score every time is affecting the average score audit. Anyone experience this, or know how to get it to show the previous game score like version .10 did?

I've updated to 1.15 and every end of game score is retained after a power cycle. I'm not aware of any setting that would alter this but maybe others can elaborate. With power off, try reseating the SD Card on the CPU board. If it persists I would re-download the 1.15 code and retry the update with the Full Update and Verify Yes options, which will take longer but might help. The default options are Quick and Verify No.

#1239 2 years ago

Curious what holiday callouts folks are hearing.
I need to pay better attention!

#1240 2 years ago

OK so it seems that new code 1.20 has dropped as of yesterday. It mostly has Insider Connected compatibility in it, but do we even know if a retrofit kit is available for Beatles? Everything that I have seen so far indicates that the IC retrofit kits that are out there now will not fit the Beatles, and that a game-specific kit was to be made later on at some point.

Anyone have any info regarding this?

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK so it seems that new code 1.20 has dropped as of yesterday. It mostly has Insider Connected compatibility in it, but do we even know if a retrofit kit is available for Beatles? Everything that I have seen so far indicates that the IC retrofit kits that are out there now will not fit the Beatles, and that a game-specific kit was to be made later on at some point.
Anyone have any info regarding this?

Shouldn't the Prem kit fit?

2f5381_1fb39dc06f92452cb3152e760e3554d9~mv2 (resized).jpeg2f5381_1fb39dc06f92452cb3152e760e3554d9~mv2 (resized).jpeg
#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Shouldn't the Prem kit fit?

I asked Melissa at Cointaker a couple weeks back....Beatles will require a special kit and it's not avail yet.

Stern may be building the recent Beatles batch with IC kits installed. That's what happened when they dropped the new JP code with IC built in.

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I asked Melissa at Cointaker a couple weeks back....Beatles will require a special kit and it's not avail yet.
Stern may be building the recent Beatles batch with IC kits installed. That's what happened when they dropped the new JP code with IC built in.

Are these special kits free, or does Stern mistakenly think I would be willing to pay for it?

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I've updated to 1.15 and every end of game score is retained after a power cycle. I'm not aware of any setting that would alter this but maybe others can elaborate. With power off, try reseating the SD Card on the CPU board. If it persists I would re-download the 1.15 code and retry the update with the Full Update and Verify Yes options, which will take longer but might help. The default options are Quick and Verify No.

Thanks. I will try those things and maybe install 1.20.

#1245 2 years ago

Anyone got a topper they want to sell? Just picked one up and would like to add the topper, PM me if you do!

#1246 2 years ago

I ended up with an extra Beatles banner. Since I all ready have one, I'm selling my spare. If anyone is looking for one, PM me. Brand new, never hung up or anything.

Banner-Beatles (resized).jpgBanner-Beatles (resized).jpg Added over 2 years ago:

EDIT: Sold!

#1247 2 years ago

Has anyone uncovered the setting to activate the secret holiday greetings?

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

its in utilities i forget which number just scroll

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Feature Adjustment 57 and make sure your date is set. Just joined the club, my bro hooked me up. Love this game.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

I will try those things and maybe install 1.20.

Would someone please copy and paste the 1.20 code read me here?
For some reason it doesn't come up for me when I try to get it direct from the Stern web site.
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/25?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.