(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.
#1151 2 years ago

Anyone else hearing loud clicking sounds and lights powering on and off while in the menu options (and during the update itself)? Hopefully its harmless but kind of disconcerting. I’ve never seen that before.

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I think I’m hearing the same sound that is played on the Munsters catapult count down and bonus. Is that Franchi doing the call outs?

Bruce Morrow “Cousin Brucie” did the callouts.

From Stern’s Website;
The game also features iconic introductions by Ed Sullivan along with custom speech and callouts by Hall of Fame disk jockey, Cousin Brucie. Cousin Brucie introduced The Beatles at New York’s Shea Stadium in 1965.

#1153 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wait, 10-12 mil is your average score? Low 30s? What am I doing wrong? I’m no Keith Elwin but yikes. 5 mil is a decent score over here and 10-15 mil gets you on the board. I guess I need to woodshed for a bit.

I can't get pass 5-8m on mine either.

#1154 2 years ago

Installed the topper and the leds behind the faces will only lite if I unplug the Beatlemania led board? So odd. I have 48v off the power supply and all other leds work just not beatlemania leds. Perhaps there’s a short on the board 199-6831-008? I thought I read someone else having this problem after a code update. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#1155 2 years ago

Never mind I figured it out. There was a short indeed but this was was due to lack of quality control. There’s no way they plugged this one in. Once I removed the lead from under the plate that holds the Beatlemania led board I was able to restore power to those leds!! I fixed it. Too bad I had to dismantle the entire topper to get to the root of the issue. Hope this helps someone.

45E0C9A7-99C7-47F9-B907-E80817395D78 (resized).jpeg45E0C9A7-99C7-47F9-B907-E80817395D78 (resized).jpegDA168AAB-FB9C-4B69-B649-2710C06497D7 (resized).jpegDA168AAB-FB9C-4B69-B649-2710C06497D7 (resized).jpeg
#1156 2 years ago

High score last night after years of mediocrity!

20211105_011612 (resized).jpg20211105_011612 (resized).jpg20211105_011616 (resized).jpg20211105_011616 (resized).jpg20211105_011625 (resized).jpg20211105_011625 (resized).jpg
#1157 2 years ago

So only had my Beatles about a week and the record is significantly jumping more now than it did previously. It seems to be affecting the speed it spins as well. I tried adjusting but from what it looks like the lowest gear has slipped down a tiny bit based on the scratches I can see in the center post. Anyone else had record problems?

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah 30 million on this game makes me think that whole metric number system has whacky scoring on pinball machines or something

I’ve seen streams of you playing before. I can see you scoring in the 30s.

#1159 2 years ago

So I figured out the super jackpot shot

14468C8D-45CA-49CC-8ADD-5A35DDCFD296 (resized).jpeg14468C8D-45CA-49CC-8ADD-5A35DDCFD296 (resized).jpeg
#1161 2 years ago

Looking for a sanity check... updated to the new code with no problems... I do love the new Extra Ball light show when you collect an EB. I updated and kept my settings to allow EB’s to carry over, and that seems to work now and was fixed in the new code.

However, I still have occasions where an EB is lit, I rollover the lit inlane but don’t collect the EB. At first I wasn’t sure and no one here has posted anything, but after a longer play session, I know I saw this happen at least 2-3 times.

Anyone else seeing this in the new code release?

#1162 2 years ago

Check your Max EBs Per Game setting. Otherwise, try to figure out when it's happening because it would appear to be a bug.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Looking for a sanity check... updated to the new code with no problems... I do love the new Extra Ball light show when you collect an EB. I updated and kept my settings to allow EB’s to carry over, and that seems to work now and was fixed in the new code.
However, I still have occasions where an EB is lit, I rollover the lit inlane but don’t collect the EB. At first I wasn’t sure and no one here has posted anything, but after a longer play session, I know I saw this happen at least 2-3 times.
Anyone else seeing this in the new code release?

The bug was the EB light would carry over to the next ball, but not reward an EB when the inlane switch was rolled over. I haven't played myself yet on new code, but if the EB is still not rewarding when carried over from a previous ball, then the bug hasn't been fixed (or one or both of your switches are bad, but I doubt that). Or have all your unrewarded EBs happened on the same ball you activated the EB lamp?

#1164 2 years ago

just got my platinum now I need to catch up with mods and protectors,shaker or no shaker that kind of stuff

IMG_3014 (resized).jpgIMG_3014 (resized).jpg
#1165 2 years ago

Congrats! I like the shaker. The Pinwoofer system is a fantastic sound upgrade if Santa is feeling generous. I see you’ve got the topper. Anything else is just cosmetic personal taste.

#1166 2 years ago

So after looking at my beatles spinning disc issues closer it seems the problem is when the magnet is engaging causing the disc to pop up. I was curious how much other peoples discs are doing this when the magnet engages. I would say my disc is moving 1/4 inch or so every time this happens. I sent the video to Stern and they have told me this is normal and I need to lower my disc. This seems odd to me based on other machines I've played.

Here is the video I took of the disc moving. It definitely helps if you play it back at .25 speed on youtube so you get a clear view of the gap that is happening when the magnet engages.

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So after looking at my beatles spinning disc issues closer it seems the problem is when the magnet is engaging causing the disc to pop up. I was curious how much other peoples discs are doing this when the magnet engages. I would say my disc is moving 1/4 or so every time this happens. I sent the video to Stern and they have told me this is normal and I need to lower my disc. This seems odd to me based on other machines I've played.
Here is the video I took of the disc moving. It definitely helps if you play it back at .25 speed on youtube so you get a clear view of the gap that is happening when the magnet engages.

That does not look like normal mechanics. My record spins without popping up and down like that.

#1168 2 years ago

I see my new machine is on 1.10 code is there any reason not to update to 1.15.0 which I think is the latest.Normally I always update but on Led Zeppelin for instance you lose the some cool lights.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

That does not look like normal mechanics. My record spins without popping up and down like that.

Thanks, and I assume your magnet is engaging?

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks, and I assume your magnet is engaging?

Yup. magnet works fine. disk spins smoothly and on plane with the playfield.

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Yup. magnet works fine. disk spins smoothly and on plane with the playfield.

Thank you for confirming. I told Stern I've played several different Beatles machines and I've never seen or noticed this before.

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Mine also doesn't do this.

Thanks. I wonder how many people need to confirm this isn't normal with me before Stern will admit something is wrong.

#1175 2 years ago

NOT normal!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 2 years ago

Thanks homie! Here is the other part of the video I took from below the playfield looking at my gears and such, perhaps if anyone is bored you can see if yours seems to have as much play as mine does.

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks homie! Here is the other part of the video I took from below the playfield looking at my gears and such, perhaps if anyone is bored you can see if yours seems to have as much play as mine does.

Looking at the manual it looks like a simple fix. The disk (part #6) has a set screw in the collar that locks onto that shaft. Its likely just not locked at the correct spot or slid down. You need to hold down disk level with playfield, hold gear up and tighten at correct location on shaft so it can't slide up and down.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.57.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.57.17 PM (resized).png

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking at the manual it looks like a simple fix. The disk (part #6) has a set screw in the collar that locks onto that shaft. Its likely just not locked at the correct spot or slid down. You need to hold down disk level with playfield, hold gear up and tighten at correct location on shaft so it can't slide up and down.
[quoted image]

Yep, I already did this, but it is still moving.

#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep, I already did this, but it is still moving.

Thats odd. If the disk is Down all the way to the flat position and the gear is all the way up against the sleeve collar it shouldn't be able to move.

#1180 2 years ago

The playfield suddenly goes very dark at times not sure if at the start of multi ball but I may need more light.My Maiden does this too but I dont add lights because I like the whole dark mummies tomb effect.

#1181 2 years ago

Okay so just messed with this thing for two hours and it’s no better. Stern recommended releveling the whole mech which I did. Turns out it makes no difference since the magnet is causing so much hoping. Anyone else got any ideas. I tried multiple times to make sure everything is in place and assembled right I’m just pretty convinced that lowest gear has slid down the shaft. Anyone willing to take a close look at their gear shaft and see if yours has the same scratches on it?

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay so just messed with this thing for two hours and it’s no better. Stern recommended releveling the whole mech which I did. Turns out it makes no difference since the magnet is causing so much hoping. Anyone else got any ideas. I tried multiple times to make sure everything is in place and assembled right I’m just pretty convinced that lowest gear has slid down the shaft. Anyone willing to take a close look at their gear shaft and see if yours has the same scratches on it?

is this similar to whats happening in post #463

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Does seem like the gear did slide down a bit on the knerled shaft a bit. The only fix I can see is to add a washer (maybe 2) to each of the #4 screws (see detail) between the #1 bracket and the gear box. This would take up that roughly 1/8" gap and eliminate the play up and down. Should work fine without changing the playfield mounting points. Good luck.

#1184 2 years ago

OK I think I might have an answer for you...

I was curious as to what was causing your issue, so I popped my playfield to see what mine looked like, specifically looking for the knerled shaft. Here's what I found:

Beatles motor gear copy (resized).jpgBeatles motor gear copy (resized).jpg

If you notice, there is what looks to be a kind of curved, bent washer in between the gear and the sleeve, which is taking up the slack; this appears to be acting like a spring with some tension. This part seems to be missing from yours. Either it broke off or was missing. Unfortunately, there is no part listed in the manual that I can see, as it is shown as "motor assembly" with no parts visible.

Perhaps you can get in touch with Stern and tell them what you need. Feel free to use my photo for reference.

EDIT: Looks like this is called a curved disc spring washer.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK I think I might have an answer for you...
I was curious as to what was causing your issue, so I popped my playfield to see what mine looked like, specifically looking for the knerled shaft. Here's what I found:
[quoted image]
If you notice, there is what looks to be a kind of curved, bent washer in between the gear and the sleeve, which is taking up the slack; this appears to be acting like a spring with some tension. This part seems to be missing from yours. Either it broke off or was missing. Unfortunately, there is no part listed in the manual that I can see, as it is shown as "motor assembly" with no parts visible.
Perhaps you can get in touch with Stern and tell them what you need. Feel free to use my photo for reference.
EDIT: Looks like this is called a curved disc spring washer.

Dude! Thank you so much, yeah that is definitely not on mine or in the cabinet. I know because I searched the cabinet thinking I was missing a set screw on the upper part of the disc initially when I only saw one holding the mech there. Now the really tough question, how the hell would I even get that thing back on there if I can find a replacement?

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

is this similar to whats happening in post #463

Just found the post and yes, that is exactly what my mech is doing as well.

#1187 2 years ago

Actually, although it might be a bit involved, it doesn't appear to be all that difficult...

Take out the whole unit as you have done previously. Next, remove the set screw that is holding in the disk assembly and remove the assembly.

Flip over the unit so that the bottom of the unit is now face up. Now you should remove the four screws indicated thus:

Beatles gearbox copy (resized).jpgBeatles gearbox copy (resized).jpg

Carefully take the unit apart. You should be able to easily remove the shaft to put in the missing spring washer. Then reassemble, making certain that all of the shafts are lined back up correctly.

(BTW, I loosened up the screws on my unit just to see if the gearbox would come apart; it did, so this should work.)

Now, the next question would be this: Am I correct in assuming that this pin is a recent NIB acquisition by you? Stern should be able to supply the missing part for you via warranty now that we know what the correct part is. Who knows, they might even send you a whole new gearbox (although I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...geez, I really do miss Chas; RIP)

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Actually, although it might be a bit involved, it doesn't appear to be all that difficult...
Take out the whole unit as you have done previously. Next, remove the set screw that is holding in the disk assembly and remove the assembly.
Flip over the unit so that the bottom of the unit is now face up. Now you should remove the four screws indicated thus:
[quoted image]
Carefully take the unit apart. You should be able to easily remove the shaft to put in the missing spring washer. Then reassemble, making certain that all of the shafts are lined back up correctly.
(BTW, I loosened up the screws on my unit just to see if the gearbox would come apart; it did, so this should work.)
Now, the next question would be this: Am I correct in assuming that this pin is a recent NIB acquisition by you? Stern should be able to supply the missing part for you via warranty now that we know what the correct part is. Who knows, they might even send you a whole new gearbox (although I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...geez, I really do miss Chas; RIP)

Stern agreed after sending them this thread and your picture. They are taking care of me. Thank you for the extra effort in taking yours apart to check for that possibility. It would be great to find that spring washer size so we could keep some extras on hand.

114032DD-F66D-4E62-B194-C8F6F2BBC857 (resized).jpeg114032DD-F66D-4E62-B194-C8F6F2BBC857 (resized).jpeg
#1189 2 years ago

I'm very happy to hear that Stern is taking care of you. To be completely honest, I've always had good experiences with them on issues that I have had in the past.

Glad to have been some help with this. Please let us know when you get the new motor installed.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I'm very happy to hear that Stern is taking care of you. To be completely honest, I've always had good experiences with them on issues that I have had in the past.
Glad to have been some help with this. Please let us know when you get the new motor installed.

Yeah Stern has pretty much always taken care of me as well. A few more hoops on this one for some reason, but hopefully this is sorted quickly, and they can update that drawing in the manual. If they can even just get the part number for that spring it would be very nice to have some on hand because it seemingly either breaks or goes missing.

#1191 2 years ago

I've done a few Google searches, and apparently these disc springs can be had from a variety of different suppliers (Grainger, for instance). It would just be a matter of getting the correct dimensions (outer diameter, height, and thickness), which I can do easily and will try to do today. Of course, it would be even easier if/when Stern can assign their own part number, which would remove any guesswork.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I've done a few Google searches, and apparently these disc springs can be had from a variety of different suppliers (Grainger, for instance). It would just be a matter of getting the correct dimensions (outer diameter, height, and thickness), which I can do easily and will try to do today. Of course, it would be even easier if/when Stern can assign their own part number, which would remove any guesswork.

Yeah I found them online yesterday as well, but again size and part number would be imensley helpful if this is something that has impacted a few of us.

#1193 2 years ago

I let my daughter pick out some colors. These titans look pretty good imo.

02EEFE48-5FFB-47F2-8526-A3176005A2B0 (resized).jpeg02EEFE48-5FFB-47F2-8526-A3176005A2B0 (resized).jpeg0D02A1AF-EFA4-455F-A5D7-96D8D82110A9 (resized).jpeg0D02A1AF-EFA4-455F-A5D7-96D8D82110A9 (resized).jpeg1671F42F-7F6C-4571-9ED4-4D011D1189EF (resized).jpeg1671F42F-7F6C-4571-9ED4-4D011D1189EF (resized).jpeg1CE0D5CC-D5DA-44A0-AF52-84363CE31610 (resized).jpeg1CE0D5CC-D5DA-44A0-AF52-84363CE31610 (resized).jpeg26567646-B602-4AF4-A948-4148B7C3ABDA (resized).jpeg26567646-B602-4AF4-A948-4148B7C3ABDA (resized).jpeg2CCADDA8-3294-4A0A-BF7E-FB908A73F883 (resized).jpeg2CCADDA8-3294-4A0A-BF7E-FB908A73F883 (resized).jpeg453B7EB8-BD54-415A-AAD6-96F0CDE20B07 (resized).jpeg453B7EB8-BD54-415A-AAD6-96F0CDE20B07 (resized).jpeg52DD10A2-8ABD-4D4D-AA2F-06FB0AC470F5 (resized).jpeg52DD10A2-8ABD-4D4D-AA2F-06FB0AC470F5 (resized).jpeg587D72EF-D709-4C6C-A4D5-CDF193DC4813 (resized).jpeg587D72EF-D709-4C6C-A4D5-CDF193DC4813 (resized).jpeg6B6B892C-A247-4F42-82AF-85BBDAB10300 (resized).jpeg6B6B892C-A247-4F42-82AF-85BBDAB10300 (resized).jpeg899AB851-5F45-4691-9FC4-00CC7F706104 (resized).jpeg899AB851-5F45-4691-9FC4-00CC7F706104 (resized).jpegAACAEEC4-39AD-498A-999B-82C3F7F47F8E (resized).jpegAACAEEC4-39AD-498A-999B-82C3F7F47F8E (resized).jpeg
#1194 2 years ago

trying the win32 download to sd cards but stuck any suggestions

#1195 2 years ago

Help,I need some revolver,sgt peppers and white albums

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Stern agreed after sending them this thread and your picture. They are taking care of me. Thank you for the extra effort in taking yours apart to check for that possibility. It would be great to find that spring washer size so we could keep some extras on hand. [quoted image]

Pablo rocks. He has taken care of me in the past quickly and satisfactorily. Glad you got it worked out.

#1197 2 years ago

I think I like the translite on the gold better than the platinum.Anyone have an alt that looks nice ?

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I think I like the translite on the gold better than the platinum.Anyone have an alt that looks nice ?

I agree. I grabbed a gold translite on ebay and have been very happy with it. Saving the platinum original as a backup.

#1199 2 years ago

Just put some music mods on and this game is a blast.I liked it before but now its really getting more fun.Went from Good to Wow.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just put some music mods on and this game is a blast.I liked it before but now its really getting more fun.Went from Good to Wow.

Hm. I've had the three alt sound mods downloaded and sitting on my hard drive forever, but never went through with it. The whole pin from the art to the callouts to the videos is all about pre-'67 Beatles, so it just seems like psychedelic Beatles music would seem so out of place. Anyone have a video of this with one of the alt sound mods? I'd love to see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/24?hl=cz-czar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.