(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 42.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My point is there hasn’t been a fix of the bug.

Have you emailed this bug report to [email protected] ?

Make sure you include the number/details of the setting you changed that causes the bug.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Have you emailed this bug report to [email protected] ?
Make sure you include the number/details of the setting you changed that causes the bug.

The detailed bug report I sent for this issue was on 5/31/2020. Stern acknowledged that it would be fixed on the next release with the date at that time unknown. Looks like 1.15 is in the works so this will hopefully be resolved.

#1103 2 years ago

Eh, you don't need the carryover anyway. Makes it too easy to get to the wizards modes. For me, the rules seem balanced at default. I'm not a great player, but I am pretty dialed in on Beatles for some reason.

#1104 2 years ago

Check out this trailer. Great editing.

The Beatlemania period has been documented to death.

I've always thought their hippie era was the most interesting.

"Something in the way she moves, attracts me like a cauliflower."
- John Lennon

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Eh, you don't need the carryover anyway. Makes it too easy to get to the wizards modes. For me, the rules seem balanced at default. I'm not a great player, but I am pretty dialed in on Beatles for some reason.

Maybe it's too easy for you but not for others. I think it would be nice to have the functional option to make that choice.

1 week later
#1106 2 years ago

A friend just bought a new NIB Beatles Gold made in October 2021 and it has software version 1.15. As most existing owners know, the last and current software release is 1.10 and the Stern website shows 1.10 as the current release.
So why is Stern not offering 1.15 to current owners?

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

A friend just bought a new NIB Beatles Gold made in October 2021 and it has software version 1.15. As most existing owners know, the last and current software release is 1.10 and the Stern website shows 1.10 as the current release.

Mine is the same 1.15 (NIB). I believe they should release the 1.15 offocially with the Dec 21 new Gold builds.

What I can tell you os that I have no issue with the new code, but since I never played 1.10 or earlier I could not tell you whats is different (desides the extra ball issue that I believe it os fixed).

#1108 2 years ago

Still a brutal game and I cannot past 5M in most games. My best is 10M.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Maybe it's too easy for you but not for others. I think it would be nice to have the functional option to make that choice.

Oh for sure, the setting should work as intended. I'm just saying it's not a deal breaker to still be able to enjoy the game.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Still a brutal game and I cannot past 5M in most games. My best is 10M.

NO bragging here, I am sure most are better than me but 10-12M is an average game for me and Low 30M's are where my good scores are at.
Needless to say you have to at least get your extra balls and complete all 5 songs to get to the taxman multiball etc
Such a great pin for that 'just one more game vibe.'

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Mine is the same 1.15 (NIB). I believe they should release the 1.15 offocially with the Dec 21 new Gold builds.
What I can tell you os that I have no issue with the new code, but since I never played 1.10 or earlier I could not tell you whats is different (desides the extra ball issue that I believe it os fixed).

Interesting. I had no idea they are actually using new code in the new games. Maybe it’s still technically in beta? Not sure why else they wouldn’t just release it to everyone.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Interesting. I had no idea they are actually using new code in the new games. Maybe it’s still technically in beta? Not sure why else they wouldn’t just release it to everyone.

It may have to do with the sd card needed for insider connected.

#1113 2 years ago

Finally…after a long two years I finally found her. Only 145 plays with the plastic still on the head trim. Such an underrated pin imo. It’s everything great about pinball. The lights, the sounds, the spinners, the drops , even two magnets and a spinning disc that actually moves the ball and the Beatles music to boot how amazing. Glad to be in the club!!!

5BF4074C-CE7A-4BF1-9331-C3BDBDC6720A (resized).jpeg5BF4074C-CE7A-4BF1-9331-C3BDBDC6720A (resized).jpegF695E49D-F2BC-4001-9C3B-C29CCCBB613C (resized).jpegF695E49D-F2BC-4001-9C3B-C29CCCBB613C (resized).jpeg
#1114 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare topper?

#1115 2 years ago

Just upgraded from 1.05 to 1.15…what a difference! I swear the right upper flipper feels better without any mechanical adjustment.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I verified on his game that the optional Extra Ball carryover bug has been fixed in 1.15 !
Yeah, yeah, yeah!

#1117 2 years ago

V1.15 is now on Stern's website. Yes!
All High Scores, Audits, and Adjustments will reset. sigh.

#1118 2 years ago

If I ever get wealthy, I'll pick up a Beatles Gold. I really like playing that machine. I agree that it is underrated and has so much of the things that I like in a pinball machine, plus some great Beatles music!

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Weird, though thanks for posting. Did V1.15 just appear? The 2019 date of the release on the website is not accurate. Would be nice to see notes of what was changed/added but I didn’t see that. Usually Stern touts its code releases. Wonder why that didn’t happen here.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Finally…after a long two years I finally found her. Only 145 plays with the plastic still on the head trim. Such an underrated pin imo. It’s everything great about pinball. The lights, the sounds, the spinners, the drops , even two magnets and a spinning disc that actually moves the ball and the Beatles music to boot how amazing. Glad to be in the club!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! Was on my short list but only have room for 4 machines and decided MMR, SW Comic, Atlantis (EM) (had to have an EM) and CCR LE.

Was next on the list. Hopefully I can make room somewhere....

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Weird, though thanks for posting. Did V1.15 just appear? The 2019 date of the release on the website is not accurate. Would be nice to see notes of what was changed/added but I didn’t see that. Usually Stern touts its code releases. Wonder why that didn’t happen here.

The new README is there. Check again.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Congrats!! Was on my short list but only have room for 4 machines and decided MMR, SW Comic, Atlantis (EM) (had to have an EM) and CCR LE.
Was next on the list. Hopefully I can make room somewhere....

I love it so much I’m actually contemplating dropping more cash for the official topper. Yikes!

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The new README is there. Check again.

You’re right! Thanks. When I opened the README I just saw the license agreement, but you have to click the game code download to see it. The README dates the update as 9/9/2021.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Excellent! Thanks for posting. Don't remember seeing this code update announced anywhere. The code fixes/additions are nice, and the updates to system firmware adds the 10 band EQ option which I was waiting for. Playing some Beatles today.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I love it so much I’m actually contemplating dropping more cash for the official topper. Yikes!

There's also the "unofficial" topper.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image]

That’s a sweet topper! I love it!!!

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image]

And another home made topper! Has color changing LEDs and 3D one-of-a-kind modeled bandmates.

beatles topper (2) (resized).JPGbeatles topper (2) (resized).JPG
#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

And another home made topper! Has color changing LEDs and 3D one-of-a-kind modeled bandmates.
[quoted image]

Looking good!!

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I queried Stern on Facebook and then they added v1.15 to their Game Code web page.
To see the changes made click on "THE BEATLES GOLD 1.15.0 GAME CODE README".

#1130 2 years ago

Also thanks to the group for posting the release! I did not know it was up there!

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image]

This one's available on Mezelmods and my Pinside Shop. Laser-cut, powder-coated metal. Two pieces.

#1132 2 years ago

Do any of the unofficial toppers have the same ability to tap into the software to light up on the birthdays?

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Do any of the unofficial toppers have the same ability to tap into the software to light up on the birthdays?

Not mine, but it's only $125 ($155 if you want the illumination kit). Stern's is how much?

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

NO bragging here, I am sure most are better than me but 10-12M is an average game for me and Low 30M's are where my good scores are at.
Needless to say you have to at least get your extra balls and complete all 5 songs to get to the taxman multiball etc
Such a great pin for that 'just one more game vibe.'

Wait, 10-12 mil is your average score? Low 30s? What am I doing wrong? I’m no Keith Elwin but yikes. 5 mil is a decent score over here and 10-15 mil gets you on the board. I guess I need to woodshed for a bit.

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wait, 10-12 mil is your average score? Low 30s? What am I doing wrong? I’m no Keith Elwin but yikes. 5 mil is a decent score over here .....

Welcome to my world. I have yet to break into 5 mil and likely never will. It matters not to me. I still love this pin and it's a keeper!

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Welcome to my world. I have yet to break into 5 mil and likely never will. It matters not to me. I still love this pin and it's a keeper!

Yes! We should get together and stink it up. I actually walked over to my game and my high scores were much worse than I thought they were haha. Maybe the new code deleting my scores will be a good thing.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wait, 10-12 mil is your average score? Low 30s? What am I doing wrong? I’m no Keith Elwin but yikes. 5 mil is a decent score over here and 10-15 mil gets you on the board. I guess I need to woodshed for a bit.

I've always had a tougher time with this game relative to others and my guess is, for me, it's the glare from under the spinning disc, or maybe the glare in combination with the bright lower GI. I just don't seem to see the ball well between the disc and the flippers and make all sorts of misjudgements and late reactions I don't on other machines. I keep meaning to throw an overhead light on it or some pinstadiums and see if that makes a difference.

#1138 2 years ago

The game looks great with pinstadiums. I highly recommend you try them . They are not for every game IMO but Beatles was meant to be bright.

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I get to play my friend's Beatles pin. I am pleased if I make 1.5 million.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I've always had a tougher time with this game relative to others and my guess is, for me, it's the glare from under the spinning disc, or maybe the glare in combination with the bright lower GI. I just don't seem to see the ball well between the disc and the flippers and make all sorts of misjudgements and late reactions I don't on other machines. I keep meaning to throw an overhead light on it or some pinstadiums and see if that makes a difference.

I, too, have trouble seeing the ball on the playfield, but the reason is quite different...

Beatles kitty (resized).jpgBeatles kitty (resized).jpg

JillyBean here is a kitten we adopted earlier this year. She likes to be around me and will jump on the glass when I'm playing any of my games. She especially likes when multiballs occur, or when I do multiple loops on Beatles; it's like she's chasing her tail.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I, too, have trouble seeing the ball on the playfield, but the reason is quite different...
[quoted image]
JillyBean here is a kitten we adopted earlier this year. She likes to be around me and will jump on the glass when I'm playing any of my games. She especially likes when multiballs occur, or when I do multiple loops on Beatles; it's like she's chasing her tail.

The kitten that adopted me last year likes to do that, too. But a year later she has grown tired of looking at a ball she cannot catch. But she will camp out at my feet when I start playing.

#1142 2 years ago

Just looking thru the manual and it seems like this game has 20 plus optos. That’s got to be a record.

#1143 2 years ago

Yeah 30 million on this game makes me think that whole metric number system has whacky scoring on pinball machines or something

#1144 2 years ago

Just couldn't help myself. Had to do it.

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG
#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

[quoted image]

I presume you’re referring to the speaker upgrade?

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I presume you’re referring to the speaker upgrade?

He was showing off his score. Forgot to turn it on thou.

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

[quoted image]

Had to what, turn the machine off? LOL!

#1148 2 years ago

Is it just me or am I hearing a lot of similar sound effects from Munsters? Also, did Franchi do the call outs?

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is it just me or am I hearing a lot of similar sound effects from Munsters?

Never thought about it before, but yeah, the fake chimes off the top of my head. Anything else?

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Never thought about it before, but yeah, the fake chimes off the top of my head. Anything else?

I think I’m hearing the same sound that is played on the Munsters catapult count down and bonus. Is that Franchi doing the call outs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/23?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.