(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 42.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Not all Golds were made during the initial run. The maximum number of 1614 Golds to be made will likely be honored.

My friend has a Beatles. When I step up to play, all of the bubblegum colors fade into the background. I like this pin. But I grew up watching The Beatles in black and white. Their two shows on Ed Sullivan were black and white. Except for the occasional color photo on the cover of Fab Four magazine (or something similar ) the early Beatles were mostly black and white. The movie "Hard Days Night" was in black and white. Most of the photos on the backside of their albums were black and white.

If Stern were to get a wild hair and produce a few Beatles in black and white, I think I would have to jump on that.

2 weeks later
#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:Managed a new high game a couple of days ago during the Great Pinside Blackout:
[quoted image]
Still no Taxman yet, but at least I have something to look forward to.
I've had my game for two weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it. It certainly is challenging for a table that doesn't have a lot of do-dads on it.
Anyway, I went to play a game yesterday, and immediately I noticed that the letter "O" was not resetting in the row of "FOUR" drop targets. I lifted the playfield, and upon inspection and removal of the entire unit, discovered this:
[quoted image]
As one can see, the ledge was entirely broken. Upon handling on removal, the piece broke further, possibly from another crack in progress, or just being brittle; I still have yet to find the missing piece in my cabinet. I seem to recall others have had this issue in the past as well, with someone complaining about how cheaply this part was made in the first place. Guess I'll be getting in touch with Stern to get a proper replacement, but I have to agree that this should not be happening after two weeks.
Not to be deterred, I decided that I probably could make a replacement in the meanwhile. I used some scrap acrylic, which was the same thickness, to fashion the replacement. After positioning and drilling the holes, I then used a Dremel and some hobby files to make the beveled edges:
[quoted image]
Once installed, I tested the bank using the service menu and then played a few games. It works like a charm! The whole process took about two hours.

Got my Beatles in May. My drop target re-set ledge just snapped as well. It will be an easy fix once I have the part.

Would be curious to hear how many of you have had this happen so far. Not complaining or upset. It's a pinball machine. Shit happens. Again, just curious how common this failure is.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Got my Beatles in May. My drop target re-set ledge just snapped as well. It will be an easy fix once I have the part.
Would be curious to hear how many of you have had this happen so far. Not complaining or upset. It's a pinball machine. Shit happens. Again, just curious how common this failure is.

I just had one snap the other day on my stranger things 4 bank set. Was super annoyed when I pulled it apart and it was a piece of thin plastic as the catch ledge. Ordered a few extras when I bought one to keep a few on hand.

#1054 2 years ago

I’ve replaced the center 4-bank ledge twice on mine in less than a year. It’s a 5 min repair when you have an extra on hand but definitely annoying. Neither of the other 2 ledges has broken.

#1055 2 years ago

Mine break regularly—particularly the 4-target ledge. It’s just ridiculous. If someone makes better parts for sale, I’d be a buyer.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Mine break regularly—particularly the 4-target ledge. It’s just ridiculous. If someone makes better parts for sale, I’d be a buyer.

If it is something currently made of plastic, maybe Kerry at Mantis could make them of metal. What do they look like?

#1057 2 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that so many are still having this issue of snapped ledges. Well, a few weeks ago, the replacement that I made out of plexiglass finally gave up the ghost, but at least it lasted longer than the original part! I did have the warranty replacement that I received from Stern when the original broke, so I immediately put that one on, and no time was lost.
After doing so, I began to think about how that part could be improved. I also reached the conclusion that a metal one would be the way to go, so off to the workbench I went.
I figured I could a fashion a replacement out of aluminum, so I went to the big home improvement store and got a long piece that was the same thickness. I had to trim off some of the height with my Dremel, though. I used a small drill press to drill the screw holes, and then used a file to add the bevels and smooth out the edges. Here's the result (the original is on top, of course...)
alum ledge (resized).jpgalum ledge (resized).jpg:
It is much studier than the original part, and it works perfectly. If I could figure out a way to mass produce these, I would do it in a heartbeat.

#1058 2 years ago

The Topper is getting a little extra attention today!

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

The Topper is getting a little extra attention today!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b711f843d688231cc22efe069ec1c07def89153a-1625685972-1800"};
//]]>

The suspense is killing me.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I'm sorry to hear that so many are still having this issue of snapped ledges. Well, a few weeks ago, the replacement that I made out of plexiglass finally gave up the ghost, but at least it lasted longer than the original part! I did have the warranty replacement that I received from Stern when the original broke, so I immediately put that one on, and no time was lost.
After doing so, I began to think about how that part could be improved. I also reached the conclusion that a metal one would be the way to go, so off to the workbench I went.
I figured I could a fashion a replacement out of aluminum, so I went to the big home improvement store and got a long piece that was the same thickness. I had to trim off some of the height with my Dremel, though. I used a small drill press to drill the screw holes, and then used a file to add the bevels and smooth out the edges. Here's the result (the original is on top, of course...)
[quoted image]:
It is much studier than the original part, and it works perfectly. If I could figure out a way to mass produce these, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Get a small bench drill press ( pawn shop ?) and a drill press vise (harbor freight) Stack up 4-5 pieces of metal stock and gang drills the holes using yours as a master part for a drill guide.

Makes me wonder why Stern cheaped out with breakable plastic.

You could also use polycarbonate instead of plexiglass ( breakable acrylic ).

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The suspense is killing me.

The Topper is reminding us that it's a special day for Ringo.

#1062 2 years ago

I had a request for a Beatles topper. If anyone else is interested, these are two piece, powder-coated metal. The backdrop on this one is gold, but if you have a request for a different color, I can work with you on that.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIMG_9638 (resized).JPGIMG_9638 (resized).JPGIMG_9644 (resized).JPGIMG_9644 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#1063 2 years ago

looking to add a Diamond Edition Beatles to my collection if anyone has a lead

thanks

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

looking to add a Diamond Edition Beatles to my collection if anyone has a lead
thanks

Here's one recently listed in the Pinside marketplace (in my backyard, Philly). Inexpensive for a diamond version. Nevertheless, I think that the gold edition is the only sensible version. To each his own.

Screenshot_20210726-203258_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210726-203258_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Here's one recently listed in the Pinside marketplace (in my backyard, Philly). Inexpensive for a diamond version. Nevertheless, I think that the gold edition is the only sensible version. To each his own.[quoted image]

ah didn't know, thought that 14k was insane and I could find a better deal, oh well...

were there any issues with the playfield run on these? or any issues in general I need to be aware of coming out of the box?

#1066 2 years ago

ah didn't know, thought that 14k was insane and I could find a better deal, oh well...
were there any issues with the playfield run on these? or any issues in general I need to be aware of coming out of the box?

None here. Beautiful playfield, not one issue in the 1+ year I've had mine. There is a known issue with airballs. Happens when the ball is on the dropped target bank when it resets. A kit from Stern to fix issue is available thru your distributor. 5 minute install. works great.

#1067 2 years ago

yes- some did have playfield issues. my gold has a little pooling. Not enough to bother me, but some might freak out. The game is a blast to play.

#1068 2 years ago

My F-O-U-R had that happen within 6 months of purchase. I fixed it myself, and it has been fine since then. Hope it doesn't happen again though!

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

My F-O-U-R had that happen within 6 months of purchase. I fixed it myself, and it has been fine since then. Hope it doesn't happen again though!

You may find this of some interest:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/22#post-6372756

3 weeks later
#1070 2 years ago

Looking for a Beatles. Let me know if you might sell or trade. Thank you!

#1071 2 years ago

My Beatles Platinum arrives yesterday.

Driver puts it on the back lift gate and lowers it. I stop him right there. Hole in box that is taped up. I said I need to look at it. He says no need cause the box is taped. Like, really dude.

I start to open the box in that area…gash a few inches long up the side of the machine.

I tell him I’m rejecting it. He’s trying to convince me that there’s nothing wrong with it. So sad to send her back. I was so looking forward to playing it.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? What is the turn around time for Stern to repair it?

#1072 2 years ago

I find it hard to believe that this game ranks only #83 on Pinside. It sure didn't get a lot of love due to the price when it was released, but the artwork, the redesign of SeaWitch and the theme should bring it into the top 50.
If you love this game, and have not given a rating please consider doing it.

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I find it hard to believe that this game ranks only #83 on Pinside. If you love this game, and have not given a rating please consider doing it.

I don't think I should rate it because I haven't played any other pins. Still poppin' and spinnin' away - just over 3900 plays and 12 billion points. Over 100 games of 10m+; half a dozen games of 30-39m. High is still 50m when I managed two Taxman multiballs. I love the Beatles pin, but I don't have any modern pin to compare it to.

#1074 2 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with the jackpot opto at the top of the playfield? Mine constantly goes out of alignment.

1 week later
#1076 2 years ago

Beatles Pinball Retro Hawaiian Shirt

Hello:

This is my first post to Pinside!! There are four sellers on ebay selling this shirt. I just ordered one.

I'll post a follow up when I have received it.

Beatles Pinball Retro Hawaiian (resized).jpgBeatles Pinball Retro Hawaiian (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1077 2 years ago

I think my wife is going to make me move it to another room, but dang is this machine fun!!!! Only issue, trying to dial in the manual plunge. It often rattles out and doesn't make the upper orbit. Any tips??

20210927_181806 (resized).jpg20210927_181806 (resized).jpg
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:I think my wife is going to make me move it to another room,

Time for a dozen roses, maybe? .

1 week later
#1079 2 years ago

Just join the party yesterday. Awesome pin.

Having few issues thou:

1 - my pin was NIB with the 1.15 code (is this the latest? Pinside shows 1.10 as latest which does not make sense)

2 - I have the metal protector but no FAB or FOUR protector for flying balls out of the box. Is this something I should buy or ask Stern for it? I found the FOUR protector to but not the FAB (which actually does cause more flying balls than thr FOUR).

3 - the inner/outer post with no rubber can damage the balls? Where is a good place to buy and what is the size it will fit? 3/8? I saw a pink one posted here before. Links? Just wanted to make sure the rubber will not interfere with the lanes and also with the SJP drop.

4 - anyone does change the strength of the flippers? Does it helps with the flying balls? I have all on factory now.

Thanks

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Having few issues thou:
1 - my pin was NIB with the 1.15 code (is this the latest? Pinside shows 1.10 as latest which does not make sense)
2 - I have the metal protector but no FAB or FOUR protector for flying balls out of the box. Is this something I should buy or ask Stern for it? I found the FOUR protector to but not the FAB (which actually does cause more flying balls than thr FOUR).
3 - the inner/outer post with no rubber can damage the balls? Where is a good place to buy and what is the size it will fit? 3/8? I saw a pink one posted here before. Links? Just wanted to make sure the rubber will not interfere with the lanes and also with the SJP drop.
4 - anyone does change the strength of the flippers? Does it helps with the flying balls? I have all on factory now.
Thanks

1 visit Stern.com and see what the newest code is
2 contact Stern and they will provide the air ball protector.
3 won’t damage balls. With a rubber on the post the ball will exit out lane on skill shot and drop lane. Don’t put them on.
4 standard is fine or adjust to your preference.

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Having few issues thou:

By all that is hopeful and holy, I really, really want to see an update that eliminates the uncollectible extra ball bug! This is a great nugget, thanks for sharing!

Congratulations and enjoy the new machine, we love ours!

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

1 visit Stern.com and see what the newest code is
2 contact Stern and they will provide the air ball protector.
3 won’t damage balls. With a rubber on the post the ball will exit out lane on skill shot and drop lane. Don’t put them on.
4 standard is fine or adjust to your preference.

1 - Stern website also shows 1.10. But my machine shows 1.15. I sent an email to Ster to clarify
2 - I did contact them, will wait for the response. I saw they had a kit that will include a FOUR drop targets acrylic, but funny enough my major issue is with the FAB drop targets (sometimes the ball will hit the glass pretty strong). Just trying to avoid damage to the playfield long term
3 - Ok, I was not planning to, but wanted to feel what was the consensus of the group.
4 - I do not like to change factory settings unless there is a good reason. if not going to change the number of air balls I will get, I will keep like it is.

P.S: Also, my 25c coin recall button came inverted. I tried to fix it but the C washer that locks the button in place is different from the other machines and much more tighter and smaller. So plyers do not work. I asked Stern for a replacement part.

Thanks

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

By all that is hopeful and holy, I really, really want to see an update that eliminates the uncollectible extra ball bug! This is a great nugget, thanks for sharing!

What you mean by the uncollectible extra ball bug? You mean that even when it is lit and you hit that, you do not get an extra ball? On mine I never saw this happening. But I did not get that far yet
(high score 10M for now).

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

What you mean by the uncollectible extra ball bug? You mean that even when it is lit and you hit that, you do not get an extra ball? On mine I never saw this happening. But I did not get that far yet
(high score 10M for now).

Yes, if you earn an extra ball, don’t collect it before you drain, the next ball still shows an extra ball light, but you can’t collect it… It’s a known, frustrating bug that’s been commented on in this thread many times, and many including myself, have registered it as a bug with Stern. If there is a new code release on your machine, I am hopeful they’ve corrected it.

There is both an airball protector for the ‘FOUR’ targets, and a ball diverter that prevents an airball from rolling across the plastics to the left outlane, that goes over the ‘FAB’ targets. (Post #585 for pic) Make sure you have both.

Scott

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Yes, if you earn an extra ball, don’t collect it before you drain, the next ball still shows an extra ball light, but you can’t collect it…

On my machine, if you don't collect the EB and drain it's no longer lit on the next ball.

Did you change a default setting to allow extra ball memory (or something with a similar name/concept)? If yes, then the bug is in that setting.

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Did you change a default setting to allow extra ball memory (or something with a similar name/concept)? If yes, then the bug is in that setting.

Yep

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

1 - Stern website also shows 1.10. But my machine shows 1.15. I sent an email to Ster to clarify
2 - I did contact them, will wait for the response. I saw they had a kit that will include a FOUR drop targets acrylic, but funny enough my major issue is with the FAB drop targets (sometimes the ball will hit the glass pretty strong). Just trying to avoid damage to the playfield long term
3 - Ok, I was not planning to, but wanted to feel what was the consensus of the group.
4 - I do not like to change factory settings unless there is a good reason. if not going to change the number of air balls I will get, I will keep like it is.
P.S: Also, my 25c coin recall button came inverted. I tried to fix it but the C washer that locks the button in place is different from the other machines and much more tighter and smaller. So plyers do not work. I asked Stern for a replacement part.
Thanks

Don't bother putting rubber on the inlane/outline posts. I tried it, and it actually made outline drains worse. The ball tended to hit the rubber and bounce out way more than it did without rubber.

#1088 2 years ago

Also, I wonder if there's an alignment issue with the FAB targets on some gamea, as I don't ever remember getting airballs off them much at all.

#1089 2 years ago

That metal ball diverter over the plastic (just above left outlane) is really ugly. I have no ball jumping issues in that area anyway so I just removed it.

#1090 2 years ago

This is my version 1.15 ... contacted stern and no answers yet. Purchased last month so maybe a new version that will be released soon?

20211014_181256 (resized).jpg20211014_181256 (resized).jpg

Some pictures of the playfield (got the metal divert piece but not the protection on top of four).

20211014_181335 (resized).jpg20211014_181335 (resized).jpg
20211014_181341 (resized).jpg20211014_181341 (resized).jpg

Also some quality control issues:

20211014_181308 (resized).jpg20211014_181308 (resized).jpg

Beside those small problems I love the pin.

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Don't bother putting rubber on the inlane/outline posts. I tried it, and it actually made outline drains worse. The ball tended to hit the rubber and bounce out way more than it did without rubber.

I agree that normal rings on the outlane posts really don't work.

However, there was a post (sorry - I looked and can't find it again) that had the smallest ear bud tips/covers placed on the posts. I looked through the junk drawers and found some black ones.

I tried that and it worked like a charm! I can do pictures if anyone is interested.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I agree that normal rings on the outlane posts really don't work.
However, there was a post (sorry - I looked and can't find it again) that had the smallest ear bud tips/covers placed on the posts. I looked through the junk drawers and found some black ones.
I tried that and it worked like a charm! I can do pictures if anyone is interested.

I actually just did that. Found some old Samsung replacements earned rubbers and added. Worked perfectly and did not altered the inlanes or SJP drop or Skill shot.

20211014_185355 (resized).jpg20211014_185355 (resized).jpg
20211014_185400 (resized).jpg20211014_185400 (resized).jpg

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

What version code are you running that claims to fix the extra ball bug? When I light EB and drain, it does not stay lit for my next ball.

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Thanks

One thing you may want to consider changing in the adjustments menu is the timer for each of the song modes. I foud 30 seconds was simply too hard to accomplish a song mode. I changed mine to 45 seconds and can now complete song modes at least every once in a while.

#1095 2 years ago

Can anyone upload the 1.15 code for us? I wouldn't mind trying it on a spare card. Thanks!

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

What version code are you running that claims to fix the extra ball bug? When I light EB and drain, it does not stay lit for my next ball.

Not sure that's a bug.

Seems deliberately hardcore. Collect it, or lose it.

I thought the bug was it would light an extra ball but not reward it if you roll through the lit EB rollover after you max out the extra balls on default settings.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That metal ball diverter over the plastic (just above left outlane) is really ugly. I have no ball jumping issues in that area anyway so I just removed it.

Yeah, that metal one over the plastic was totally unnecessary on mine. I did need the four target airball protector though.

#1098 2 years ago

Stern will send FOUR protector acrylic but the FAB air balls happen, not a huge issue with the game level and metal protector. It’s pinball.

1.15 is likely the setup for Insider Connected.
Will be staying at 1.10 to keep the album mix mod.

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

My point is there hasn’t been a fix of the bug. You have to adjust settings to carry over the EB, and then when you do……you can’t collect it!! That’s the bug, it’s been documented and called out several times in this owners thread… hopefully the 1.15 code on new machines means there is a fix…because the public code is obviously 1.10…

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My point is there hasn’t been a fix of the bug. You have to adjust settings to carry over the EB, and then when you do……you can’t collect it!! That’s the bug, it’s been documented and called out several times in this owners thread… hopefully the 1.15 code on new machines means there is a fix…because the public code is obviously 1.10…

I completely agree they need to fix this bug. Other features in a code update would be nice, but this is basic and necessary. George Gomez mentioned on Facebook about a year ago that there would be more to come codewise on Beatles. Hope so. Losing the other awesome mixes after an update would be a bummer, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/22?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.