Quoted from Scotty_K:
Managed a new high game a couple of days ago during the Great Pinside Blackout:
Still no Taxman yet, but at least I have something to look forward to.
I've had my game for two weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it. It certainly is challenging for a table that doesn't have a lot of do-dads on it.
Anyway, I went to play a game yesterday, and immediately I noticed that the letter "O" was not resetting in the row of "FOUR" drop targets. I lifted the playfield, and upon inspection and removal of the entire unit, discovered this:
As one can see, the ledge was entirely broken. Upon handling on removal, the piece broke further, possibly from another crack in progress, or just being brittle; I still have yet to find the missing piece in my cabinet. I seem to recall others have had this issue in the past as well, with someone complaining about how cheaply this part was made in the first place. Guess I'll be getting in touch with Stern to get a proper replacement, but I have to agree that this should not be happening after two weeks.
Not to be deterred, I decided that I probably could make a replacement in the meanwhile. I used some scrap acrylic, which was the same thickness, to fashion the replacement. After positioning and drilling the holes, I then used a Dremel and some hobby files to make the beveled edges:
Once installed, I tested the bank using the service menu and then played a few games. It works like a charm! The whole process took about two hours.