(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ok, so there was bad news and good news. Bad: installed new board, turned on game and...nothing. Then a crackling sound and smoke. %#?!
Good: I picked myself off the floor, investigated where the sound came from, and found a singed pinched wire against the metal on the shaker motor. I assumed the short fried the board. But after covering the wire and flipping the switch, it worked perfectly! Problem solved. Be careful placing those shaker wires!

Great! Glad to hear you got it working again, despite that brief encounter with a heart attack...

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That is a real surprise. I thought the games sold slowly.....

Plus they advertised and sold them all as a deliberate limited run of 1,964. Bogus marketing for sure.

From their press release 10/29/18:

The Diamond Edition, the highest level and most difficult to attain, is limited to only 100 units. The Platinum Edition is limited to only 250 units. The Gold Edition is limited to 1614 units.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Plus they advertised and sold them all as a deliberate limited run of 1,964. Bogus marketing for sure.
The Diamond Edition, the highest level and most difficult to attain, is limited to only 100 units. The Platinum Edition is limited to only 250 units. The Gold Edition is limited to 1614 units.

But, we don't know how many that they made during the 1st run.

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Not fair to say bogus, they just weren’t all made in first run. 1964 units is all there will be no doubt.

I’ve been seeing lots of people buying them nib recently so it makes sense. Fun game no surprise to me.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

But, we don't know how many that they made during the 1st run.

I didn't consider that they'd announce a total number but deliberately produce fewer games.

It's an unusual approach. Seems more costly to run a production line that way when they've committed to a certain number up front.

Agree that it's a great game.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I didn't consider that they'd announce a total number but deliberately produce fewer games.
It's an unusual approach. Seems more costly to run a production line that way when they've committed to a certain number up front.

Beatles kicks my ass. I sometimes walk away with 500K shaking my head. Other times 5-6MM and feeling like I actually know how to play.
still waiting for the over 50M game. Extra Balls seem to be the key but they are difficult to win. My inlane wireforms will not allow a caught ball to roll back and up over the extra ball switch, so there's a bit of luck involved with getting and extra ball, and risk in draining in the outlane.
Has anyone been successful with scoring an extra ball with an alley pass?

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Stern has gotten pretty agile with different games coming on and off the line. Would be way more costly to inventory millions of parts and machines you aren't able to sell.

My understanding is Beatles is a real slow seller for them, glad there is enough interest for them to produce a few more. Who knows if they will ever end up producing the full run of 1964 though.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

.....found a singed pinched wire against the metal on the shaker motor. I assumed the short fried the board. But after covering the wire and flipping the switch, it worked perfectly! Problem solved. Be careful placing those shaker wires!

So was the shaker motor wiring the original cause of the problem? Perhaps the original power distribution board was ok? Regardless, glad all is well!

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

In the Press Release the key is "limited to" which doesn't mean all will be made at once. I suspect Stern felt that initial sales were not as strong as expected and then limited the number of Golds in the initial run. Long term I'm sure that Stern will ultimately make no more than 1614 total Beatle Golds. But who knows if this 2nd run will complete the total?

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Beatles kicks my ass. I sometimes walk away with 500K shaking my head. Other times 5-6MM and feeling like I actually know how to play.
still waiting for the over 50M game. Extra Balls seem to be the key but they are difficult to win.

I am with you...I can barley get over 5m. Mine must be set way to hard.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

So was the shaker motor wiring the original cause of the problem? Perhaps the original power distribution board was ok? Regardless, glad all is well!

Yeah, looks like the shaker wire was the problem, and the short led to the power issues (and faulty multimeter readings on the power distribution board). The original board is probably fine. One bad wire can ruin your whole day! It would be great if the system could somehow pinpoint the problem area, because a short like that could happen anywhere and could be hard to find.

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

....One bad wire can ruin your whole day! It would be great if the system could somehow pinpoint the problem area, because a short like that could happen anywhere and could be hard to find.

Actually I'm kind of surprised that the Spike2 node that supplies/controls the Shaker Motor (Node 1) didn't report an error. Not too long ago a friend purchased a NIB Batman and all the panel lights at the back of the playfield would not light. The associated Node (Node 9 if I remember) was reporting an error. Checking the supplied manual, those backboard lights are controlled by that Node. When those lights were disconnected the Node error went away. While trouble shooting I found a small strand of wire on one of the sockets on the rear panel was shorting out the whole rear panel light string. Removed the short, the panel lights started working, and no more node error. So, the short didn't blow any fuse or hurt the driving Node. And when the Node saw the short was removed, it gracefully restored the power to that light string with no further Node errors. Pretty cool. Not sure why something similar didn't happen with Node 1 and the Shaker Motor short/fail.

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

One bad wire can ruin your whole day

Am I the only one who read this sentence like Donny Osmond was singing it?

#1014 2 years ago

When I started calling around to get my Platinum in February, I was told over and over again by several different distributors in different parts of the country that sales of this table were slow for a long time after the release in 2018. However, in the last 6-9 months for whatever reason, they started to sell a lot more often and were quickly running out.

I ended up putting a down payment on a Platinum with a distributor and when I emailed about paying the rest and taking delivery I was told that he had "accidentally" sold my Platinum and would just send me a Gold instead. I found a Platinum elsewhere and got my deposit back from the guy trying to sell me the Gold. While calling around to try to find another Platinum, I was told more than once "just take the Gold that is being offered to you, there aren't a lot of NIB left for that title."

#1015 2 years ago

People want to hate on it because of price and nothing else and then they play it and are almost always like shit that is a fun game.

When something is fun and enjoyable it kind of takes a bit of the sting off the sticker shock.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Am I the only one who read this sentence like Donny Osmond was singing it?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

When I started calling around to get my Platinum in February, I was told over and over again by several different distributors in different parts of the country that sales of this table were slow for a long time after the release in 2018. However, in the last 6-9 months for whatever reason, they started to sell a lot more often and were quickly running out.
I ended up putting a down payment on a Platinum with a distributor and when I emailed about paying the rest and taking delivery I was told that he had "accidentally" sold my Platinum and would just send me a Gold instead. I found a Platinum elsewhere and got my deposit back from the guy trying to sell me the Gold. While calling around to try to find another Platinum, I was told more than once "just take the Gold that is being offered to you, there aren't a lot of NIB left for that title."

I installed a platinum model translite on my gold edition Beatles at a cost of about $100. Apart from the cabinet art and silver trim, the only difference with the platinum is its production ceiling of 250.

I congratulate you for acquiring a great game. The value of that 250 limit is anyone's guess.

When the title was first released, a few platinums and diamonds fetched premium prices. Last year, platinums were selling for only 10% to 20% more than golds.

The diamonds feature the crystal glass backglass and are limited to 100 units.

Stern tried to replicate pricing with The Beatles as it achieved with Supreme. In my opinion, the customer base for The Beatles is largely older and more sophisticated and few buyers could justify the significantly higher price-points of the platinums and diamonds.

#1018 2 years ago

To be honest, I was looking to purchase a Gold, knowing that the only difference was in cabinet art; the differences didn't really matter to me, and of course the price differential, and I would have been perfectly happy to get a Gold. It was only when I was finally ready to buy did I have a problem locating one, and when I did, the prices that were being asked was astronomical; in some instances, Gold with what a Platinum was going for not all that long ago. I finally found a distro and inquired if he had any Golds left in stock, and he told me he didn't, but he had a Platinum that I didn't think was horribly priced, so I wound up going with that.

Quoted from Psw757:

People want to hate on it because of price and nothing else and then they play it and are almost always like shit that is a fun game.
When something is fun and enjoyable it kind of takes a bit of the sting off the sticker shock.

Yep, playing it over and over certainly has assuaged the sting of the high price, that I can tell you.

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

... and few buyers could justify the significantly higher price-points of the platinums and diamonds.

Things may have been different if Stern had baked a couple of new toys/modes/features into the platinum and diamond editions. I was happy to buy a gold because at the end of the day...ya don't play artwork. the playfield and rules work exactly the same on all 3 models.
Plus, I think the Gold looks great and I got a killer deal from my distributor in the middle of last year... I think they wanted to unload a pin that was just sitting around with little demand.

#1020 2 years ago

OK as a relatively new owner, can someone tell me what the round blue lights on the orbit signify? By any chance does it mark the progress toward Beatlemania? I've been trying to look it up in the rules, but haven't found the definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

#1021 2 years ago

Not thrilled about this since so much of the marketing was the limited run of 1964 machines. Hopefully they will make it worth our while with some new code.

Quoted from Hawks:

Confirmed by Doug Skor, director of export sales for Stern
It’s definitely happening, for those that missed out on NIB, this maybe the last opportunity
Can’t wait!

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK as a relatively new owner, can someone tell me what the round blue lights on the orbit signify? By any chance does it mark the progress toward Beatlemania? I've been trying to look it up in the rules, but haven't found the definitive answer.
Thanks in advance.

The blue lights on the orbit are independent of Beatlemania letters. They are lit by the drop banks and are used to determine the loop value.
FAB = 1 light, FOUR = 2 lights, 1964 = 3 lights. Each loop scores 2K for each lit insert.
This has some similarity to Sea Witch.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzeverywhere:

The blue lights on the orbit are independent of Beatlemania letters. They are lit by the drop banks and are used to determine the loop value.
FAB = 1 light, FOUR = 2 lights, 1964 = 3 lights. Each loop scores 2K for each lit insert.
This has some similarity to Sea Witch.

Ah, now I understand. Thanks!

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Not thrilled about this since so much of the marketing was the limited run of 1964 machines. Hopefully they will make it worth our while with some new code.

This additional run isn’t make it more than the 1964, they just never made them all.

I did hear rumors of a code update coming a couple months ago.

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from Aipotu:

Not all Golds were made during the initial run. The maximum number of 1614 Golds to be made will likely be honored.

#1026 2 years ago

I like the idea of an code update but would pass if I had to let go of the additional music tracks. Really enjoying mixing it up.

#1027 2 years ago

Hey guys, got my Platinum delivered today. Started a topic in the tech forums because there were some issues upon unboxing. If any of you have advice, I am all ears.

Thanks,

Tim

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-beatles-platinum-unboxing-a-problem

#1028 2 years ago

Quick questions for you guys. Is this a standard stern cabinet? When I see pictures next to other newer sterns it looks smaller (shorter). The reason Im asking is that I have a outback and cant transfer a standard stern and close the hatch. My TNA fit fine but tight.

Thanks
Rob

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Quick questions for you guys. Is this a standard stern cabinet? When I see pictures next to other newer sterns it looks smaller (shorter). The reason Im asking is that I have a outback and cant transfer a standard stern and close the hatch. My TNA fit fine but tight.
Thanks
Rob

Same cabinet as all the modern Sterns.

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Same cabinet as all the modern Sterns.

the rear leg mounting holes are higher up in the cabinet which makes the cabinet look smaller.

#1031 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I figure that was the thing with the back legs. I dont see Stern making a special cabinet like they did with Primus for a higher run game. Also, if someone is looking to leave the club in the future keep me in mind. I would like to pick up, so somewhere close or in Ohio.

Thanks again
Rob

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the rear leg mounting holes are higher up in the cabinet which makes the cabinet look smaller.

Yep, all dimensions are the same except the rear leg cabinet mounting holes which are 3 inches higher. As such, it definitely looks smaller (lower) when set up next to a standard new Stern.

#1033 2 years ago

Day two with this pin. LOVING IT.

This is not going to get boring for a long, long time. What a clever table. So happy I did this.

Scores are improving on Day Two.

20210501_001600 (resized).jpg20210501_001600 (resized).jpg
#1034 2 years ago

Day three.

It only seems to get more fun as I get a better grasp of the rule set. Some of it still escapes me, but I will figure the rest of it out soon enough. I have purposely decided to do this the "old school" way and didn't try to learn the rule set ahead of time through videos on YouTube or posts here. We used to have to PAY to learn tables, kids. Hahaha.

On the same topic, I think they did a great job with marrying the old school edict of "hit the flashing things" with new school mode-based play.

20210502_211920 (resized).jpg20210502_211920 (resized).jpg
#1035 2 years ago

Hit my 2nd highest score last week. May have to see about getting a 2nd pin. I love Beatles, but which pin would be as fun with a little more "doo dads?"

20210502_155632 (resized).jpg20210502_155632 (resized).jpg
#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I like the idea of an code update but would pass if I had to let go of the additional music tracks. Really enjoying mixing it up.

Me too. It would take a pretty significant update to sacrifice the other albums.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Hit my 2nd highest score last week. May have to see about getting a 2nd pin. I love Beatles, but which pin would be as fun with a little more "doo dads?"
[quoted image]

In my collection, TSPP and JJP POTC are a good complement to Beatles..

Great score btw.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

[quoted image]

LZ of course!

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

[quoted image]

I love my Metallica (layout, code, art, doo dads, and of course music are fantastic) but would only recommend it if you like the music.
In a bigger collection, I’d change “like” to “tolerate.” Get out and play a bunch of different games if you can before deciding.

4 weeks later
#1040 2 years ago

Do alternate translites exist for Beatles?

Don't get me worse, I really like Christopher Franchi's art in general, and I love the Beatles' music, but I don't really need to see the band members. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Luci edition of ACDC (less guys, more girls).

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Do alternate translites exist for Beatles?
Don't get me worse, I really like Christopher Franchi's art in general, and I love the Beatles' music, but I don't really need to see the band members. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Luci edition of ACDC (less guys, more girls).

How about dead babies and raw meat?

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How about dead babies and raw meat?

A lot of the new generation of Beatle fans will have no idea what you are talking about. That would be a radical back glass.

#1043 2 years ago

I just opening my Gold today ... I played about 10 games and now the spinning record doesn't spin. Any suggestions?

I go into the testing and when I say "start" it does to bumps/jumps then nothing.

I literally just opened this machine!

#1044 2 years ago

This may seem obvious, but maybe check all the connections and reseat the applicable ones. Sometimes things come loose in shipping.

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A lot of the new generation of Beatle fans will have no idea what you are talking about. That would be a radical back glass.

But we do.

#1046 2 years ago

I wanted to put figures above the standup targets to better mark the spot for the shots. I had a helluva time finding nice ones that were the right size and fit the 1964 theme. I found these guys on Etsy from an artisan in Mexico. I think they look pretty cool! All fit easily except for John, which I secured with a little metal bracket fastened to the lock nut on the plastic.
C9D779C5-BBBC-466F-B73C-4CECC06821FF (resized).jpegC9D779C5-BBBC-466F-B73C-4CECC06821FF (resized).jpeg

#1047 2 years ago

Batman 66 fits the bill -- kinda similar in terms of pop culture, but a very different game experience. They complement each other well.

Quoted from beatlecraig:

[quoted image]

#1048 2 years ago

Anybody else notice that their Topper is acting different?

#1049 2 years ago

Yes, it's telling me that Paul is still not dead!

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Anybody else notice that their Topper is acting different?

Paul's birthday was yesterday, June 18. I also thought I heard a different callout at the end of a game, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.