(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 42.
#951 3 years ago

Just added a story about modding my "The Beatles Gold".

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/em-fan/stories/my-first-new-game-and-how-to-make-it-perfect-a-modding-story

Looking forward to your feedback and comments!

#952 3 years ago

Speaker lights, maybe.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Speaker lights, maybe.

Agreed. I have 'em on my BM66, and they look great. I originally saw them on Beatles, and that's what made me decide to get them.

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-fan:

Just added a story about modding my "The Beatles Gold".
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/em-fan/stories/my-first-new-game-and-how-to-make-it-perfect-a-modding-story
Looking forward to your feedback and comments!

My thoughts:

First tier mods:

*Flipper Fidelity enhanced speaker set of 3
*Speakerlights.com speaker colored lights with sound activation
*Mezelmods slingshot plastic protectors (adds green hue and removes black eyesore at posts)
*Stern factory airball protector kit
*Aftermarket shaker (superior to Stern's)
*Stern factory topper
*Alternative Beatles album flash drive
*Purple silicone flipper rubbers

Second tier mods:

*Tilt Graphics, Inc. (from Cointaker) custom shooter plate
*Laseriffic flipper decals (from Cointaker)
*Custom score cards
*lunchbox, turntable, guitar ornaments
*physical knocker
*swap Gold translite for Platinum translite

I like the silent CPU fan suggestion. Any vendor recommendations for such a fan upgrade?

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I like the silent CPU fan suggestion. Any vendor recommendations for such a fan upgrade?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

He also had instructions on making your own if you wanted to. I did that, and installed on my BM66; works great!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans#post-4351927

#956 3 years ago

I think I'm going to be taking the plunge with Beatles soon (a retirement present to myself; haven't told the mrs. yet... ), but I would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on installing a playfield protector? I know there was some uproar a while ago that the newer Stern playfields are kind of soft and begin showing dimples quite earlier, but others say that after a while things even out. I experienced this on BM66, and although it bothered me at first, now I'm kind of used to it.

Any suggestions?

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I think I'm going to be taking the plunge with Beatles soon (a retirement present to myself; haven't told the mrs. yet... ), but I would like to know what everyone's thoughts are on installing a playfield protector? I know there was some uproar a while ago that the newer Stern playfields are kind of soft and begin showing dimples quite earlier, but others say that after a while things even out. I experienced this on BM66, and although it bothered me at first, now I'm kind of used to it.
Any suggestions?

In my opinion the playfield protector is not worth the effort for a HUO machine. I have had a Beatles for 2000+ games and the playfield looks pristine. Fact is, there are dimples in the playfield but you can't see them during play, only on close inspection, and they have abaolutely no impact on the trajectory of the ball. It's a fact of life. I think the 'dimple wars' are over and most everyone is on board that they are a fact of life.
I guess if you play enough games into infinity, the entire field will dimple...thus making it dimple free again!

1 week later
#958 3 years ago

OK so I'm now officially in the club!

Beatles 1 (resized).jpgBeatles 1 (resized).jpg

Beatles 3 (resized).jpgBeatles 3 (resized).jpg

Platinum #166

Beatles 2 (resized).jpgBeatles 2 (resized).jpg

Got this score on my fourth game out:

Beatles 4 (resized).jpgBeatles 4 (resized).jpg

Already got in touch with Stern about the mods for the air balls; had like 3 in my first 4 games, so hopefully that should be here soon.

Now, if I can just get my hands on one of the "unobtainium" toppers...

Absolutely loving the game so far!!

#959 3 years ago

Two of the ledge plastics on the drop targets (FAB and FOUR) broke within days of each other on my game—meaning the targets won’t stay up. It is a low play HUO and is only 9 months old.

Anyone else have this issue? It’s ridiculous that Stern can’t make a stronger part. That thing must cost like 3 cents, but when it breaks the game is unplayable. It’s not too hard to replace, but what a PIA.

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Two of the ledge plastics on the drop targets (FAB and FOUR) broke within days of each other on my game—meaning the targets won’t stay up. It is a low play HUO and is only 9 months old.
Anyone else have this issue? It’s ridiculous that Stern can’t make a stronger part. That thing must cost like 3 cents, but when it breaks the game is unplayable. It’s not too hard to replace, but what a PIA.

This happened to me a few weeks in as well. Thankfully the local supplier here (in Australia) offers 6 months warranty and had a tech come fix it.

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from beatlecraig:

Hit a new personal best tonight. Two Taxman multiballs for the first time. I think I completed 12 modes. Blew past my previous best of 36 mil.
[quoted image]

Dude that's impressive... I have 2 scores of 25 mill and an average game is 10 mill but 50 mill is out of the park!

#962 2 years ago

I had this happen on FOUR less than six months in. Stern was quick to get me a replacement. I'm new to machines so it took a little more effort to replace it than I would have liked but no problems since; now 18 months in with the replacement.

Quoted from Spelunk71:

#963 2 years ago

Has Stern stopped production on The Beatles?

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Any suggestions?

Just clean (vacum) and wax and play it. In that order.

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Has Stern stopped production on The Beatles?

yes, they made 1964 of them

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

yes, they made 1964 of them

Are you sure? They were supposed to make no more than 1964 but are you sure ALL have been made?

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Are you sure? They were supposed to make no more than 1964 but are you sure ALL have been made?

yes, they made and sold them to the distributors. The distributors had to take a certain amount and it’s why you find some nib from the district. I bought mine nib and that’s what my distributor told me. Basically had to take so many golds, plat and diamond for a certain dollar amount

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Dude that's impressive... I have 2 scores of 25 mill and an average game is 10 mill but 50 mill is out of the park!

Your average is much better than mine. Anything less than 3 mill is a disappointment, but 10 mill is a good game. I think I have about 20 games over 20 mill, and my pop bumpers and rubbers are shot. I have replacement rubbers but haven't put them on yet. Not sure what to do about the pop bumpers. The dealer said to check out the contacts under the playfield, but I didn't immediately see them. I've had to adjust the contacts on the slingshots several times.

1 week later
#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

yes, they made and sold them to the distributors. The distributors had to take a certain amount and it’s why you find some nib from the district. I bought mine nib and that’s what my distributor told me. Basically had to take so many golds, plat and diamond for a certain dollar amount

I understand they made them and sold them to the distributors. And I understand they were required, under certain conditions, to buy a certain amount. I also bought my Gold NIB but was also told that while all 100 Diamonds and all 250 Platinum's were made, that not all of the remaining 1614 Golds were made - hence my question. If true, in the future, Stern would still have some allowable number of Golds that could be made.
Personally it matters not, but still interesting none the less.

#970 2 years ago

I heard from our distributor that Stern had not yet reached the 1614 total run of Gold models and that another run maybe slated for years end
If so, I’m getting one as I want back in The Beatles club
For my meager pinball talents, it is hands down the most fun pin I’ve ever played with a wizard mode that seems attainable...maybe

#971 2 years ago

Finally got the play The Beatles on the weekend , it is a great game .
Those upper loop shots very fun .

IMG20210409174628 (resized).jpgIMG20210409174628 (resized).jpg
#972 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I understand they made them and sold them to the distributors. And I understand they were required, under certain conditions, to buy a certain amount. I also bought my Gold NIB but was also told that while all 100 Diamonds and all 250 Platinum's were made, that not all of the remaining 1614 Golds were made - hence my question. If true, in the future, Stern would still have some allowable number of Golds that could be made.
Personally it matters not, but still interesting none the less.

Not sure then, I can only go off what my distributor said. Maybe they are more yet to be made and he didn’t know. If they do make more I think the 8 k mark will be hard to get for them. I know of a few folks who bought them cheaper than 8k nib because they didn’t sell.

#973 2 years ago

Managed a new high game a couple of days ago during the Great Pinside Blackout:
Beatles high score (resized).jpgBeatles high score (resized).jpg
Still no Taxman yet, but at least I have something to look forward to.

I've had my game for two weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it. It certainly is challenging for a table that doesn't have a lot of do-dads on it.

Anyway, I went to play a game yesterday, and immediately I noticed that the letter "O" was not resetting in the row of "FOUR" drop targets. I lifted the playfield, and upon inspection and removal of the entire unit, discovered this:
ledge 1 (resized).jpgledge 1 (resized).jpg

As one can see, the ledge was entirely broken. Upon handling on removal, the piece broke further, possibly from another crack in progress, or just being brittle; I still have yet to find the missing piece in my cabinet. I seem to recall others have had this issue in the past as well, with someone complaining about how cheaply this part was made in the first place. Guess I'll be getting in touch with Stern to get a proper replacement, but I have to agree that this should not be happening after two weeks.

Not to be deterred, I decided that I probably could make a replacement in the meanwhile. I used some scrap acrylic, which was the same thickness, to fashion the replacement. After positioning and drilling the holes, I then used a Dremel and some hobby files to make the beveled edges:
ledge 2 (resized).jpgledge 2 (resized).jpg

Once installed, I tested the bank using the service menu and then played a few games. It works like a charm! The whole process took about two hours.

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

..., I went to play a game yesterday, and immediately I noticed that the letter "O" was not resetting in the row of "FOUR" drop targets. ... the ledge was entirely broken.... Not to be deterred, I decided that I probably could make a replacement in the meanwhile. I used some scrap acrylic, which was the same thickness, to fashion the replacement....Once installed, I tested the bank using the service menu and then played a few games. It works like a charm! The whole process took about two hours.

Nice fix! It will probably last a lot longer than the original!

#975 2 years ago

Hi all. This may be more of a Spike 2 general issue but thought I would start here first. While I was in a groove looping some upper flipper loops, I lost complete power—lights, sounds, flippers, display all cut out immediately with no warning. The cooling fan turns on when the power switch is on, but that’s it. Nothing seems out of the ordinary when I looked things over, but I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. This may be more of a Spike 2 general issue but thought I would start here first. While I was in a groove looping some upper flipper loops, I lost complete power—lights, sounds, flippers, display all cut out immediately with no warning. The cooling fan turns on when the power switch is on, but that’s it. Nothing seems out of the ordinary when I looked things over, but I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Did you power down and back up again and everything is now fine?
I'm not sure if Stern uses ECC chips, or enables error correction in their code, but if it works well again after the event, it could be (wait for it)a random alpha particle hit on a critical element....and you should be OK. alpha particles are generated by the sun. really.

If it happens reliably, you may have a short somewhere that needs repair.

Or a Power supply issue.

what's happening now?

#977 2 years ago

Unfortunately, still no joy. After it shut down it’s the same situation after flipping the power switch off and back on—no lights, sound, flippers, or display. Only the fan seems to work. One light comes on the board in the backbox. That’s it.

579FB444-F153-4F0C-8F0B-C103BBF3EC57 (resized).jpeg579FB444-F153-4F0C-8F0B-C103BBF3EC57 (resized).jpeg

#978 2 years ago

Is the SD card in fully/seated properly? Check the troubleshooting guide on page 28.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Is the SD card in fully/seated properly? Check the troubleshooting guide on page 28.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, reseating the SD card (and trying another one) did not help. According to the troubleshooting flowchart, I need to replace the CPU board. I’ll call Stern, but if anyone has other thoughts I’d appreciate it.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, reseating the SD card (and trying another one) did not help. According to the troubleshooting flowchart, I need to replace the CPU board. I’ll call Stern, but if anyone has other thoughts I’d appreciate it.

that happened to me when I purchased my JP last year. I ended up having to take a video of the cpu during startup sequence. Stern overnighted me a new CPU....it was a 5 minute replacement project.

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, at the end of a game I played today, after the match sequence and before the game over song, he said "This is George Harrison." Now, that may have been just a random call out but I don't recall hearing that before at game over. Anyone else?

Pretty sure you were playing the game on George's birthday - Feb 25

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Pretty sure you were playing the game on George's birthday - Feb 25

Does the game reset when you exceed the GC score before entering your initials on Feb 18th (Yoko's birthday)?

#983 2 years ago

I just ordered a Beatles yesterday.

Excited to join the club.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:Pretty sure you were playing the game on George's birthday - Feb 25
I had previously stated that I was playing on his Birthday and noted the Topper changes. But I had never heard "This is George Harrison" before and was wondering if that call out was only Birthday specific or just a more rare one.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I had previously stated that I was playing on his Birthday and noted the Topper changes. But I had never heard "This is George Harrison" before and was wondering if that call out was only Birthday specific or just a more rare one.

I hear that callout a lot.

I always thought it was related somehow to hitting the George target. You get similar callouts from the other 3 guys in the band.

#986 2 years ago

The Lads arrive on Friday!

I took the day off from work and I can't wait. This will likely be the only time I go the NIB route and I want to soak up the experience.

OK, here's my question: Who has installed a knocker kit from PinballLife in their Beatles and where did you put it? I bought one and have it ready here to install when the game arrives. I have been checking around in the forums for other Stern games and it seems like the two common places chosen are the central cabinet brace or the back of the cabinet with the strike plate screwed onto the back wall. Would love to hear feedback from any of you who have "kicked the screetch to the curb" and gone old school with the real deal. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Is it Friday yet???

Tim in Motown

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

The Lads arrive on Friday!
I took the day off from work and I can't wait. This will likely be the only time I go the NIB route and I want to soak up the experience.
OK, here's my question: Who has installed a knocker kit from PinballLife in their Beatles and where did you put it? I bought one and have it ready here to install when the game arrives. I have been checking around in the forums for other Stern games and it seems like the two common places chosen are the central cabinet brace or the back of the cabinet with the strike plate screwed onto the back wall. Would love to hear feedback from any of you who have "kicked the screetch to the curb" and gone old school with the real deal. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!
Is it Friday yet???
Tim in Motown

Congrats Tim! It is a really fun game, though definitely an ass-kicker. I'm sure you will have a blast. I installed the Pinball Life knocker and have been extremely happy with it. Especially on a retro title like this, the real deal adds a satisfying extra touch. I installed mine (with strike plate) in the back of the cabinet. It works well there. Good luck!

#988 2 years ago

Anybody looking for a Beatles gold with topper. Willing to work out a trade deal.

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

... According to the troubleshooting flowchart, I need to replace the CPU board.....

If you wind up having to replace the CPU Board, I'm curious, if you might share, if the replacement will cost or be no charge. I suspect it will cost, but hope that it won't.

#990 2 years ago

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a new set of the drop target stickers?

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a new set of the drop target stickers?

Stern

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

If you wind up having to replace the CPU Board, I'm curious, if you might share, if the replacement will cost or be no charge. I suspect it will, but hope that it won't.

So the consensus is that it is a bad power distribution board. That part is much less $ than the CPU (around $125), but Stern sent me one free even though the game is a few months out of warranty. I’ll post the results once I get the part and install it.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

So the consensus is that it is a bad power distribution board. That part is much less $ than the CPU (around $125), but Stern sent me one free even though the game is a few months out of warranty. I’ll post the results once I get the part and install it.

Great to hear that Stern is taking care of you. Let us know how it turns out!

#994 2 years ago

Just confirmed that Stern will be producing another run of gold The Beatles pinball machines, late this year
Already signed up for one

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just confirmed that Stern will be producing another run of gold The Beatles pinball machines, late this year

That's interesting.

I recall they stated a limited number of 1964 games upon release.

Who at Stern confirmed this?

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

That is a real surprise. I thought the games sold slowly.....

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Great to hear that Stern is taking care of you. Let us know how it turns out!

Ok, so there was bad news and good news. Bad: installed new board, turned on game and...nothing. Then a crackling sound and smoke. %#?!

Good: I picked myself off the floor, investigated where the sound came from, and found a singed pinched wire against the metal on the shaker motor. I assumed the short fried the board. But after covering the wire and flipping the switch, it worked perfectly! Problem solved. Be careful placing those shaker wires!

#998 2 years ago

Confirmed by Doug Skor, director of export sales for Stern
It’s definitely happening, for those that missed out on NIB, this maybe the last opportunity
Can’t wait!

#999 2 years ago

Post 999

#1000 2 years ago

1k !
Finally

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/20?hl=aipotu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.