(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I have found that switching up the SD cards with my different mixes can help keep the game fresh too; my 3 mixes plus the original gives you 4 different options to play.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

I joined the club last week. Really love the game. Had a few folks up to play it last night and VonPinball's Mixes where a huge hit! They are a must if you own this machine. It is kind of neat that each mix also holds it's own high scores . Blush some more VonPinball you did a great job on this!
Thanks again.

1 week later
#852 3 years ago

Officially joined the club today. Love the game it’s what pinball should be flat out fun!

#853 3 years ago

I was watching the Pinball Expo making of the Beatles and coder Dean Grover said he programmed each guy’s birthday into the code. So if you have the topper, the LED behind their head flashes on their birthday. Also, there are more callouts by that particular Beatle on that day.

#854 3 years ago

What do you all have your incline set to? I picked up a digital inclinometer and realized I was right at 7 degrees. I backed back down to 6.5 and the game plays significantly better. It is still very fast, but the shots are better now. I can more often hit the left loop from the lower right flipper now, when I would have trouble before. I hit 9 consecutive loops as well when before my best was 4. I cracked 10 million last night and a couple 8 and 9 million games recently. Previous best was in the 4 million range.

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

What do you all have your incline set to? I picked up a digital inclinometer and realized I was right at 7 degrees. I backed back down to 6.5 and the game plays significantly better. It is still very fast, but the shots are better now. I can more often hit the left loop from the lower right flipper now, when I would have trouble before. I hit 9 consecutive loops as well when before my best was 4. I cracked 10 million last night and a couple 8 and 9 million games recently. Previous best was in the 4 million range.

Wow 10 mil well done. I have mine around 6.8 ish and Love this game. Especially with the custom album package!

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just got the game a month ago and once set up I was at 6.4 and it seemed to play great so I have left it at that and it seems real good to me and the others who have played it so far.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow 10 mil well done. I have mine around 6.8 ish and Love this game. Especially with the custom album package!

My high scores have all come since we loaded Sgt Peppers on the game. Maybe that's the real secret?!

#858 3 years ago

FYI, George Gomez said yesterday on Stern’s Facebook page that The Beatles will be getting some more love in the code department. I know there are some glitches that need to be fixed, but am curious what else they may do. Any ideas?

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

FYI, George Gomez said yesterday on Stern’s Facebook page that The Beatles will be getting some more love in the code department. I know there are some glitches that need to be fixed, but am curious what else they may do. Any ideas?

The most obvious to me is that the display should show your mode scores during the countdown animation right before starting Taxman. You hear a cash register sound, but no point value is shown.

I also read that if you set a lit extra ball to carry over to the next ball, it never carries over. Never tested that though.

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Possible music addition, I always thought it was odd that the wizard mode some is played as a regular song in between modes along with Can’t buy me love. If taxman is wizard, then that should be only time it’s heard.

#861 3 years ago

My guess is minor bug fixes and addition of DJ mixer mode with latest Spike system firmware updates. I highly doubt any new songs given licensing costs, but would love to be surprised.

#862 3 years ago

No way they’ll add any new music. I’d be surprised if they add the DJ Mixer.
I’d like to see a Spinner Champ or Loop Champ.

#863 3 years ago

Will look forward to any code update tho there is no chance of them ever adding assets like music etc. High scores for me, I have 10 games over 12 million, highest is 14.6 I have no idea what incline my machine is on!!!

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No way they’ll add any new music. I’d be surprised if they add the DJ Mixer.
I’d like to see a Spinner Champ or Loop Champ.

Those would be good adds. Regarding new music, I wouldn’t say it impossible and if the goal is a update to conjure up an increase in future sales, it’s only way to do it.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’d like to see a Spinner Champ or Loop Champ

Loop champion would be cool. The loops must be consecutive though. It would be possible to have different champions for Drive My Car and Consecutive Loops.

Spinners aren't as interesting. The Ticket To Ride champion and Spinner champion would always be the same player. Knowing the number of spins seems irrelevant.

#866 3 years ago

Anyone know what the US MSRP was on all 3 editions?

#867 3 years ago

From what I remember the Gold had a MSRP of $7999 and the Plat and Diamond were at the distributors discretion . They were sold to distro's in a 10 pack , 7 golds , 2 platinum's and 1 Diamond. Artwork, trim color and a real backglass on the Diamond are the only difference. Same game in all ways under the glass.

#868 3 years ago

Interesting. I could find the Gold price but not the diamond or platinum.

#869 3 years ago

I assume we'll get the holiday themed callouts again this year once a certain date triggers it. Anyone remember what that date was? It's such a nice touch.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume we'll get the holiday themed callouts again this year once a certain date triggers it. Anyone remember what that date was? It's such a nice touch.

I want to say 12/7 or 12/9 but not 100% sure

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

From what I remember the Gold had a MSRP of $7999 and the Plat and Diamond were at the distributors discretion . They were sold to distro's in a 10 pack , 7 golds , 2 platinum's and 1 Diamond. Artwork, trim color and a real backglass on the Diamond are the only difference. Same game in all ways under the glass.

I recall seeing common NIB prices for Platinum being $12,500 and Diamonds at $17,500.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Loop champion would be cool. The loops must be consecutive though. It would be possible to have different champions for Drive My Car and Consecutive Loops.
Spinners aren't as interesting. The Ticket To Ride champion and Spinner champion would always be the same player. Knowing the number of spins seems irrelevant.

Spinners would be awesome!! This is the only game with opto-spinners and they really rip. I am thinking max revolutions in one shot...ala DragonFist.

Loops is a no brainer. It’s in Maiden for example already anc it’s way more prevalent in this game.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Spinners would be awesome!! This is the only game with opto-spinners and they really rip. I am thinking max revolutions in one shot...ala DragonFist.

Yes, the opto spinners rip, but it still seems like there would be a maximum number of spins achievable and then that's it.

It has a physical limitation.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I recall seeing common NIB prices for Platinum being $12,500 and Diamonds at $17,500.

Wow so that’s is over 16k and 22k Plus tax Canadian!

#875 3 years ago

I don't get the Platinum/Diamond editions...there is absolutely nothing compelling about them (except rarity). The Gold looks the best IMHO, and offers precisely the same gameplay and features. The only difference is armor color and artwork. At least with Stern's BM66 Super LE, you get a fancy topper and some other goodies IIRC.

One day, this game will get the respect it deserves. Having a modernized 80's vibe/gameplay is awesome. I love the 80's games and still own a couple, but most of them are beat and hard to maintain for most people.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't get the Platinum/Diamond editions...there is absolutely nothing compelling about them (except rarity). The Gold looks the best IMHO, and offers precisely the same gameplay and features. The only difference is armor color and artwork.

I very much agree with this statement. It’s odd asking so much more money almost no change but art and a number. I have a Gold awaiting pickup that I had my distributor source in. Looking forward to this modern version of a retro pin in my lineup full of ramps and holes. It will help mix things up.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

... I also read that if you set a lit extra ball to carry over to the next ball, it never carries over. Never tested that though.

Yep, that bug is there and was told it will be fixed in the next release.

#878 3 years ago

I'm new to foruming and couldn't find a rule about this. I have this up for sale on eBay. Beatles Topper. I just want to make sure you all see it.
ebay.com/itm/254789941456?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I made it for myself but will probably never get a Beatles Machine so here it is.

Beatles on the top Room (resized).jpgBeatles on the top Room (resized).jpg
#879 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't get the Platinum/Diamond editions...there is absolutely nothing compelling about them (except rarity). The Gold looks the best IMHO, and offers precisely the same gameplay and features. The only difference is armor color and artwork. At least with Stern's BM66 Super LE, you get a fancy topper and some other goodies IIRC.
One day, this game will get the respect it deserves. Having a modernized 80's vibe/gameplay is awesome. I love the 80's games and still own a couple, but most of them are beat and hard to maintain for most people.

I suspect that the platinum and diamond edition "pricing experiment" was fueled by the successful sales of Stern's ridiculously priced Supreme pinball machine.

Stern has been unable to replicate that pricing phenomenon with its fab four upcharged versions because us old-timer fans of the band are arguably less motivated by branding and more drawn to substance. We recognize the value of the gold model.

The more limited production numbers of the platinum (250) and diamond (100) and the diamond's crystal glass backglass simply don't justify the large pricing differentials. The gold too is limited in production, 1614 units. All models have nice quality trim, albeit different colors.

I very much like the 1964 Beatles invasion theme and I play my gold version often. Nevertheless, I can imagine a late-sixties Beatles theme in which a collector edition adds a subterranean yellow submarine feature or something substantial to attract buyers above the $10K mark.

#880 3 years ago

Do Christmas call outs starts today and run through Dec 25? Just updated my code and date/time, but haven’t noticed anything yet.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Do Christmas call outs starts today and run through Dec 25? Just updated my code and date/time, but haven’t noticed anything yet.

They run 12/10 through 12/27.

#882 3 years ago

Listening to Sirius XM's The Beatles channel recently, I was reminded that Revolution was the B-side of Hey Jude. Hard days night to imagine that anomaly.

#883 3 years ago

Just joining the club here as I just set up my Gold edition. I had the distributer add the mini TV mod, Knocker, Shaker, LED Speaker lighting, Speaker upgrade and Topper. The TV with video loop is very cool. Going to add the spinning record player next week.
I see that some of you can input more than three letters on the high score. How is this done?

#884 3 years ago
35F58F78-1E10-4B43-A22D-435F34AC24AB (resized).jpeg35F58F78-1E10-4B43-A22D-435F34AC24AB (resized).jpeg
#887 3 years ago
Quoted from Amartinelli:

Just joining the club here as I just set up my Gold edition. I had the distributer add the mini TV mod, Knocker, Shaker, LED Speaker lighting, Speaker upgrade and Topper. The TV with video loop is very cool. Going to add the spinning record player next week.
I see that some of you can input more than three letters on the high score. How is this done?

Coin door settings will let you choose three letter or the longer style.

#888 3 years ago

this is a mix of mostly early songs. Not necessarily tied to a specific album as they released a bunch of singles in the early days that were not on an album. Wording not changed so uses all the original texts.

hopefully the music doesn't get blocked by youtube like the others

1 week later
#889 3 years ago

Was greeted with the Beatles Christmas cheer today. A simple but nice touch.
(being cryptic to not spoil for others)

#890 3 years ago

Interested in getting a stern beatles topper..anyone have one for sale?

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from Amartinelli:

..Going to add the spinning record player next week.

Where are people getting the spinning record player mod?

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Where are people getting the spinning record player mod?

There are several variations on Ebay around $30. Its a xmas tree ornament.

ebay.com link: New The Beatles Pinball Machine Vintage Record Player Mod

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are several variations on Ebay around $30. Its a xmas tree ornament.
ebay.com link » New The Beatles Pinball Machine Vintage Record Player Mod

Thx

#894 3 years ago

I just joined the club today and does anyone like Cleland make a sound mod to add more or different songs?

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club today and does anyone like Cleland make a sound mod to add more or different songs?

Here ya go. White Album version is great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme/page/3#post-6008855

#896 3 years ago

I’m so shocked how addictive this game is. I picked it up with no expectations and I’m blown away. Obviously, it’s the newest pin in my collection but it’s getting by far the most plays. I wish they’d have eliminated the soft skill plunge since there’s still 3 skill shots and added 1 drop target at the front of that area and a target behind it to give another shot in the game. I feel they should incorporated the roll over area in gameplay, instead of just using it during a skill shot

1 week later
#897 3 years ago

What does this plastic over the drip actually do? I notice from time to time on mine if the ball gets a little airborne that it’ll hit the top of the plastic and not make it to the drop targets. I’m thinking about removing it but I didn’t know what the purpose off it was

96E7BC73-7122-4D62-AE32-5F8C8E9416AE (resized).jpeg96E7BC73-7122-4D62-AE32-5F8C8E9416AE (resized).jpeg
#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What does this plastic over the drip actually do? I notice from time to time on mine if the ball gets a little airborne that it’ll hit the top of the plastic and not make it to the drop targets. I’m thinking about removing it but I didn’t know what the purpose off it was
[quoted image]

Stops airballs. I never installed mine, since I don't have a big airball problem...

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stops airballs. I never installed mine, since I don't have a big airball problem...

I may try with it removed. Hate bricking there. Doesn't happen often but it does occasionally.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

I had consistent airballs before I installed the plastic shield. the ball would roll over the resetting targets and Wham! It was so bad the ball would hit off the glass and many times land down on the plastic above 'mystery' and roll right down into the drain. There's a ball diverter (metal) for that also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/18?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.