(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I think that would be great. There is already a Pinside sub-Forum called RULESHEETS AND CODE and there you could start a topic: The Beatles Rulesheet. As the topic OP you can keep things current with additions and changes.
Objections anybody?

Is this something that has been done, or is in progress? I'd really love to see a complete treatment of the Beatles rules! thanks.

#802 3 years ago

Anyone experiencing airballs from the left slingshot? Not sure why this just started happening, but every couple of games the left sling will hit an airball up over the right sling, over the inlane and either into the shooter lane, or the outlane.
very frustrating. Would this be a simple matter of reducing the coil power? I have not done that before, so maybe I'll just go into the Portals menu and check it out.

Quoted from ZNET:

I recommend the speaker light mod from speakerlightkits.com, the Flipper Fidelity enhanced speakers, a shaker motor of your choice, and the slingshot plastic protectors from mezelmods.
The Stern airball protector kit is needed.
I also added a shooter rod plate enhancement, flipper decals, custom score cards, the lunchbox and turntable ornaments. I have a topper on order.
Earlier in this thread, I posted photos or otherwise discuss each of these items. I agree that the stock game is great, plus the airball mod, without anything added.
Nevertheless, the mezelmod plastic protectors are inexpensive and they improve the appearance (add a green hue and remove a black area at the posts). Congratulations! The Beatles is tremendous fun!

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So got my topper today. Not quite sure how this made it through quality control......[quoted image]

White album version or perhaps Nowhere Man edition?

#804 3 years ago

Anyone else wish Stern made matching armor as an accessory?

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So got my topper today. Not quite sure how this made it through quality control......[quoted image]

Looks like it's just flipped around? If so, should be an easy fix. They appear to be attached with double faced tape, although that one is also mounted too low. For reference, take a look at others before reattachment.

#806 3 years ago

Yeah, it was an easy fix. As you say it was backwards and it is just double-sided tape, took all of 2 mins. Just thought it was funny that it shipped that way.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, it was an easy fix...... Just thought it was funny that it shipped that way.

Yes, it was certainly comical. Mis-tightened bolts or poorly seated connectors are a rational possibility but flipping the entire graphic almost defies logic as to how something that visually large was missed!!?? Go figure!

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

.... I changed the setting so the lit extra ball carries over to the next ball, but when the ball goes in the lit inlane on the next ball the extra ball doesn’t register. The switch works fine. Software bug? Curious if others have had these issues.

I reported this bug to Stern 3 months ago and got zero response. So, what the heck, I sent the same report to Kapow Pinball 2 weeks ago for any help/support. No response so far. It looks like all this is just a dead end? No software support anywhere?

#809 3 years ago

Well, I just got a response from Stern:

"This bug will be taken care of when we do the next software update. Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA on when the update will be."

At least it will be addressed!

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, I just got a response from Stern:
"This bug will be taken care of when we do the next software update. Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA on when the update will be."
At least it will be addressed!

It would be nice if Stern put out a timeline for when end-of-support happens for their machines. It seems to be quite whimsical. Good to know they are planning another update though.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It would be nice if Stern put out a timeline for when end-of-support happens for their machines. It seems to be quite whimsical. Good to know they are planning another update though.

Wrong thread whoops!

#812 3 years ago

Had a buddy over to battle on Beatles.

My first two balls drained instantly scoring only 400k combined. But my 3rd ball was great, and I came back over 4M on one ball.

Unfortunately, my buddy was player two.

20200927_153531 (resized).jpg20200927_153531 (resized).jpg
#813 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My first two balls drained instantly scoring only 400k combined. But my 3rd ball was great, and I came back over 4M on one ball.
Unfortunately, my buddy was player two.[quoted image]

Holy crap! Huge score on this machine, taxman wizard mode completed?

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Unfortunately, my buddy was player two.[quoted image]

To funny love the surprise ending. Both are actually amazing scores.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Holy crap! Huge score on this machine, taxman wizard mode completed?

He definitely played Taxman. Not sure how to tell if it was "completed."

His high score was from excellent multiball play. He scored several huge Million+ jackpots. Plus he earned several extra balls. Always go for extra ball before next song as insurance.

I followed his strategy on a subsequent game and also reached Taxman. But my final score was only 18M because I suck at scoring jackpots in multiball.. My best score is 27M.

#816 3 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club soon?

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone looking to leave the club soon?

Nah. This game is awesome!

1 week later
#818 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Plus he earned several extra balls. Always go for extra ball before next song as insurance.

How exactly do you 'go for' an extra ball? Catching the ball to roll it backward over the switch in the inlane does not work...the ball stops at the curve. What's the trick?

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

How exactly do you 'go for' an extra ball? Catching the ball to roll it backward over the switch in the inlane does not work...the ball stops at the curve. What's the trick?

Yeah, it's impossible to have it roll backwards to trigger the EB switch.

The most controlled way to collect the EB is to drop a FAB target or three, and enter the jackpot target area on the left and have it roll down to collect the EB. (If the lit eb moved to the right inlane, you gotta hit the slings to move it back to the left side. I'd focus on lighting the next song instead at this point and rely on a random sling vs aiming for a sling.)

Cradle on right flipper and flip on the late side to get inside the target area.

The beauty of this game is that one extra ball is always within reach on any given ball, yet not easily collected.

#820 3 years ago

Looking for feedback. I am looking to own a Beatles and have played in the past and found it to be a really fun shooter. I found it to be more fun or as fun as the other game that were at this location including Wonka, Star Wars, BKSOR, WOZ, Iron Maiden. I only have a total or 3 games. Looking for an idea on long term having the game if it gets easily stale or continues to be fun and you want to play more. There are no games close to me to play again. Thanks for giving me feedback.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Looking for feedback. I am looking to own a Beatles and have played in the past and found it to be a really fun shooter. I found it to be more fun or as fun as the other game that were at this location including Wonka, Star Wars, BKSOR, WOZ, Iron Maiden. I only have a total or 3 games. Looking for an idea on long term having the game if it gets easily stale or continues to be fun and you want to play more. There are no games close to me to play again. Thanks for giving me feedback.

Well, "Fun" is a highly variable measurement of pinball enjoyment. For instance you equate Beatles and Star Wars. I would say most players would think these 2 machines are very different, and as such, would rate each game differently. Yet, I own both and both are Keepers for me. A lot has to do with your pinball skill level. If you are an excellent player and want/need deeper rule sets, Star Wars delivers. The Beatles has some great shots with a much simpler rule set and an expert player could tire more quickly after extended play. Since I am just an average player at best, The Beatles keeps me entertained and always puts a smile on my face! And the Star Wars, well, that damn game is the ONLY game I love to hate! 80% of my Star Wars Premium games are very frustrating but the other 20% are oh so rewarding and fun! Another factor is the Theme and how it speaks to you. I love both themes and IMHO Stern did a great job with both.
Bottom line is there's much more to consider and it's hard to tell you what would be the most long term Fun for You!
Enjoy the quest!

#822 3 years ago

The Beatles is my favourite game to play, of the pinnies you mentioned I’ve owned Star Wars premium, Wonka Le and Iron Maiden premium and pro
Only The Beatles and Iron Maiden pro remain, The Beatles is simply the most fun experience overall

#823 3 years ago

FYI there is a making of the Beatles session at virtual Expo on Friday.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, "Fun" is a highly variable measurement of pinball enjoyment. For instance you equate Beatles and Star Wars. I would say most players would think these 2 machines are very different, and as such, would rate each game differently. Yet, I own both and both are Keepers for me. A lot has to do with your pinball skill level. If you are an excellent player and want/need deeper rule sets, Star Wars delivers. The Beatles has some great shots with a much simpler rule set and an expert player could tire more quickly after extended play. Since I am just an average player at best, The Beatles keeps me entertained and always puts a smile on my face! And the Star Wars, well, that damn game is the ONLY game I love to hate! 80% of my Star Wars Premium games are very frustrating but the other 20% are oh so rewarding and fun! Another factor is the Theme and how it speaks to you. I love both themes and IMHO Stern did a great job with both.

Bottom line is there's much more to consider and it's hard to tell you what would be the most long term Fun for You!
Enjoy the quest!

I have owned Avengers LE (2012), Star Wars Pro and Walking Dead Prem. Walking Dead was not an enjoyable theme for me even though it is a challenging game. Avengers had for 6 months enjoyed but time to go, Star Wars had about a year found because of the way they present the movie clips and I have seen the movies so often it became repetitive for me. I am an above average player in my area. So for me it’s looking for something that I will enjoy for a year or so and get the next thing. I love music so right now it is between Beatles and GOTG. We will see. Thanks for your feedback.

#825 3 years ago

Such a fun game and finally just got to taxman multiball and racked up a 21+ million score!

Any rule cards available with good art?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#826 3 years ago

I have owned Avengers LE (2012), Star Wars Pro and Walking Dead Prem. Walking Dead was not an enjoyable theme for me even though it is a challenging game. Avengers had for 6 months enjoyed but time to go, Star Wars had about a year found because of the way they present the movie clips and I have seen the movies so often it became repetitive for me. I am an above average player in my area. So for me it’s looking for something that I will enjoy for a year or so and get the next thing. I love music so right now it is between Beatles and GOTG. We will see. Thanks for your feedback.

I own several deep rules games like TSPP, Woz, JJPOTC and RBION.

Beatles has been getting the most play for the last 6 months. Its lack of depth is completely compensated by its challenging rule set, fun shooting layout, and modified sound and video package.

Games can be fast, but you're always within striking reach of a killer game / high score with every ball. It doesn't require a long-ass game before things get fun and a high score starts to emerge.

The visual and audio feedback as jackpots and superjackpots start scoring is a thrill. And it's a fantastic game when competing with friends. The game avoids the endless tiresome multiballs from which the usual Stem games suffer (ie GOTG.)

Beatles is a perfect complement to deep rules games that it surprisingly doesn't feel repetitive. I get so focused on the goals to advance, it transforms into pure exciting adrenaline pumping pinball.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Such a fun game and finally just got to taxman multiball and racked up a 21+ million score!
Any rule cards available with good art?

Had these made:

977F66E5-BCFC-44DD-96D3-29435A345ED3 (resized).jpeg977F66E5-BCFC-44DD-96D3-29435A345ED3 (resized).jpeg9810231F-4819-4818-B573-478E506AEE15 (resized).jpeg9810231F-4819-4818-B573-478E506AEE15 (resized).jpeg
#828 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Had these made:[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Can you share the files or sell the cards?

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Very nice! Can you share the files or sell the cards?

MR_TANTRUM on here did those and all my classic Sterns in a similar style. Really nice work.

#830 3 years ago

Oh it will get stale if you have a smaller collection. You need to have a bigger collection with some deep, longer games to offset Beatles’ short, shallow rule set. I’ll stop now as the fanboys get all riled up and ready to say that’s a bunch of BS, Beatles is wonderful, yadda yadda...

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I’ll stop now as the fanboys get all riled up and ready to say that’s a bunch of BS, Beatles is wonderful, yadda yadda...

Yeah it’s crazy to think in the Beatles Owners Club thread people might support and enjoy the game. Must be a fanboy thing your right?

#832 3 years ago

I can only afford and fit 5 games in my collection and any given point
2 spots are permanently reserved for KissLe and The Beatles, pretty small collection and the Beatles hasn’t gotten stale so there

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I own several deep rules games like TSPP, Woz, JJPOTC and RBION.
Beatles has been getting the most play for the last 6 months. Its lack of depth is completely compensated by its challenging rule set, fun shooting layout, and modified sound and video package.
Games can be fast, but you're always within striking reach of a killer game / high score with every ball. It doesn't require a long-ass game before things get fun and a high score starts to emerge.
The visual and audio feedback as jackpots and superjackpots start scoring is a thrill. And it's a fantastic game when competing with friends. The game avoids the endless tiresome multiballs from which the usual Stem games suffer (ie GOTG.)
Beatles is a perfect complement to deep rules games that it surprisingly doesn't feel repetitive. I get so focused on the goals to advance, it transforms into pure exciting adrenaline pumping pinball.

What you say is all true---if you can keep the ball on the table long enough to score anything. It is a brutal pin to play.

Perhaps I should rephrase that to say that it is tough pin to get high scores with.

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

Had these made:[quoted image][quoted image]

Can these be downloaded somewhere?

I’d like to get a set

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can these be downloaded somewhere?
I’d like to get a set

Besides the Fathom cards which he had already made, the others Mr_Tantrum all did at my request - design and printing. Reach out to him, I’m super happy with his work.

#836 3 years ago

I have found that switching up the SD cards with my different mixes can help keep the game fresh too; my 3 mixes plus the original gives you 4 different options to play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah it’s crazy to think in the Beatles Owners Club thread people might support and enjoy the game. Must be a fanboy thing your right?

Yes that’s what I already said. Duh.

#838 3 years ago

Sure seems there’s a lot of NIB diamonds out there. A new one was just listed. Anyone interested in a straight up a change, a new in box diamond for a new in box TBL?

#839 3 years ago

Getting my gold nib next week. Can’t wait!!!

This is an awesome shooting pin with a great theme

#840 3 years ago

Is anyone looking for a topper? I may be selling mine if my buddy buys my game. Send me a PM if interested.

Kidchrisso

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I have found that switching up the SD cards with my different mixes can help keep the game fresh too; my 3 mixes plus the original gives you 4 different options to play.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

If anyone hasn’t tried Vonpinballs’ Beatles mixes, wow, you are missing out. 3 albums with songs, pics, and video! It’s like having a total of 4 different Beatles machines in one. My favorite is Sgt Peppers. Great work Vonpinball!

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

If anyone hasn’t tried Vonpinballs’ Beatles mixes, wow, you are missing out. 3 albums with songs, pics, and video! It’s like having a total of 4 different Beatles machines in one. My favorite is Sgt Peppers. Great work Vonpinball!

Stop it. I'm blushing...

#843 3 years ago

I just finished watching the Pinball Expo session with the Beatles team talking about development of the machine. Very Very cool to hear how complicated the licensing was, and how George re-engineerd the SeaWitch design to have better flow, added targets, magnets, opto spinners...while keeping true to the Seawitch original design.
Any of the vocal Beatles haters out there would be advised to give the video a look, and learn.

I guess Stern did that to add a bit more push to selling the remaining games, I hope they do.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718?t=03h00m26s

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I can only afford and fit 5 games in my collection and any given point
2 spots are permanently reserved for KissLe and The Beatles, pretty small collection and the Beatles hasn’t gotten stale so there

I have a fairly large collection and Kiss LE and Beatles are two of my favorites and most played during league nights

#845 3 years ago

When things start flowing, this game really kicks ass. So glad to be part of this club. Truly a great game.

20201021_160700 (resized).jpg20201021_160700 (resized).jpg
#846 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I just finished watching the Pinball Expo session with the Beatles team talking about development of the machine. Very Very cool to hear how complicated the licensing was, and how George re-engineerd the SeaWitch design to have better flow, added targets, magnets, opto spinners...while keeping true to the Seawitch original design.
Any of the vocal Beatles haters out there would be advised to give the video a look, and learn.
I guess Stern did that to add a bit more push to selling the remaining games, I hope they do.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718?t=03h00m26s

Nice video.

Thank you for the link.

Joe talks about having to pay $1,000,000.00 for licensing fees. For 1,964 machines, that works out to $510.00 per pin. I might be missing something here, but I was thinking that the licensing fees would have been for more dollars than $510.00 per pin.

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Thank you for doing this. It convinced me to order a Beatles Gold last week. Can wait to play it and then play it with the sd cards my friend is creating for me from your post.
Thanks again

#848 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is someplace I can buy a gold replacement leg? Joined the club today but the shipping company mangled one of the legs beyond repair...

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Anyone know if there is someplace I can buy a gold replacement leg? Joined the club today but the shipping company mangled one of the legs beyond repair...

Stern would be a good first choice as they custom painted these units.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Thank you for doing this. It convinced me to order a Beatles Gold last week. Can wait to play it and then play it with the sd cards my friend is creating for me from your post.
Thanks again

Lyons?! Dang, I would have just brought you some... I hope you're doing ok and are safe!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/17?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.