(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,092 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).JPG

There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 42.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Finally got to Taxman multiball yesterday finishing with 22M, just 4M higher than my non Taxman game
It looks like all the song modes run concurrently, is that correct? I hit a 2.2M super jackpot shot. Was that the value of my combined song jackpots? How does it increase?
Is there a specific strategy during Taxman?

All the songs are separate. The song jackpot you collect is how much you scored during that song. Their is no way to increase the value of a song jackpots once it’s finished. However their is a risk vs reward element. If you don’t cash in your jackpot, and you play another song, that original song jackpot becomes multipled by 2x, and if you survive another song with out cashing in, then that original song jackpot becomes 3x, and the 2nd song becomes 2x. The real points in the game is if you can collect this during all my loving mb, cause everything is doubled. The risk is once you loose the ball, no super jackpots are lit. As far as strategy to taxman, shoot Fab Four to light your jackpots, and try to get your add a ball. Add a ball is the “John, “Ringo, “Paul, and “George” targets.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

All the songs are separate. The song jackpot you collect is how much you scored during that song. Their is no way to increase the value of a song jackpots once it’s finished. However their is a risk vs reward element. If you don’t cash in your jackpot, and you play another song, that original song jackpot becomes multipled by 2x, and if you survive another song with out cashing in, then that original song jackpot becomes 3x, and the 2nd song becomes 2x. The real points in the game is if you can collect this during all my loving mb, cause everything is doubled. The risk is once you loose the ball, no super jackpots are lit. As far as strategy to taxman, shoot Fab Four to light your jackpots, and try to get your add a ball. Add a ball is the “John, “Ringo, “Paul, and “George” targets.

That's good to know - it clears up a lot of the strategic risk/ rewards scoring for each mode in single ball play.

But it's still a little unclear to me between Help MB and Taxman MB. What you described is what I thought was Help MB.

The intro to Taxman flashes every song mode before plunging all the balls into play, so I thought it had more to it than Help Mb I've seen both upper pf jackpot lit and Super Jackpot lit simultaneously. What causes that to occur?

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That's good to know - it clears up a lot of the strategic risk/ rewards scoring for each mode in single ball play.
But it's still a little unclear to me between Help MB and Taxman MB. What you described is what I thought was Help MB.
The intro to Taxman flashes every song mode before plunging all the balls into play, so I thought it had more to it than Help Mb I've seen both upper pf jackpot lit and Super Jackpot lit simultaneously. What causes that to occur?

If you get through all the modes but not complete all of them, that’s when you go in to Beatle Mania MB (Help MB). Completing all the modes is when you get into taxman mb. Both mb have the sample objectives. Shooting Fab and Four lights the jackpot up top. (Ball has to teach top magnet. Shooting 1964 lights a super jackpot at super jackpot target. Hope this answers your questions

#754 3 years ago

If you get through all the modes but not complete all of them, that’s when you go in to Beatle Mania MB (Help MB). Completing all the modes is when you get into taxman mb. Both mb have the sample objectives. Shooting Fab and Four lights the jackpot up top. (Ball has to teach top magnet. Shooting 1964 lights a super jackpot at super jackpot target. Hope this answers your questions

Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.

I know the 2 ball song mode Jackpot always starts at 200k and increases 50k each time.

Do you know how the initial Beatlemania and Taxman jackpot values are determined, and if / how much they increase during their respective multiballs?

I just assumed they were based on scores during the modes. Are they also preset values?

#755 3 years ago

Got this score with a 3 ball game. no extra balls, Tight Tilt and not being allowed to choose all my loving Mulitball on ball 3. Gosh I love this game!

And I love mine as well! And you sir have an excellent understanding of The Beatles Rules Set! Have you ever thought of writing out a Set of Rules for this game? It would certainly help a lot of fellow owners! - Yep, I would be in that bunch!

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.
I know the 2 ball song mode Jackpot always starts at 200k and increases 50k each time.
Do you know how the initial Beatlemania and Taxman jackpot values are determined, and if / how much they increase during their respective multiballs?
I just assumed they were based on scores during the modes. Are they also preset values?

I don’t exactly how the jackpot values are determined. I do know for Beatlemania MB, before the actual mb starts, you have about 20 seconds (or until you drain) to increase your starting jackpot value. You do this by completing Fab, Four, and 1964. Your first target bank completion raises the jackpot value to around 400k, your second target bank completion raises the jackpot value to 525k I believe. I believe you can also increase the jackpot value during the mb also. As far as taxman scoring goes, that I”m not sure on. Every time I have gotten taxman, my first jackpot was around 700 or 800k. That’s really all I can tell you lol

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

And I love mine as well! And you sir have an excellent understanding of The Beatles Rules Set! Have you ever thought of writing out a Set of Rules for this game? It would certainly help a lot of fellow owners! - Yep, I would be in that bunch!

Thx. I know tiltfourms has an excellent ruleset for Beatles that I contributed a little to. If you want me to, I can create a Beatles rule set that talks about the important and deep stuff.

#758 3 years ago

. As far as taxman scoring goes, that I”m not sure on. Every time I have gotten taxman, my first jackpot was around 700 or 800k.

I only hit one Taxman super jackpot during that multiball, but it was immediately valued at 2.2M. I don't really know for sure if I hit any other jackpot than that one.

The multiball didn't last too long.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I only hit one Taxman super jackpot during that multiball, but it was immediately valued at 2.2M. I don't really know for sure if I hit any other jackpot than that one.
The multiball didn't last too long.

Yeah I believe that is the base super for taxman.

#760 3 years ago

Thx. I know tiltfourms has an excellent ruleset for Beatles that I contributed a little to....

Ok, I gotta be missing something obvious. I went to TiltForums and could only find a group discussion about various Beatle rules but I can't find a Beatles Rule Set.

Quoted from Jackpotjared:If you want me to, I can create a Beatles rule set that talks about the important and deep stuff.
I think that would be great! It would certainly help me!

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Ok, I gotta be missing something obvious. I went to TiltForums and could only find a group discussion about various Beatle rules but I can't find a Beatles Rule Set.

I think that would be great! It would certainly help me!

In that Beatles thread, their is talk of the Basic rule set, and some deeper stuff. Would you want me to create a pinside topic thread and call it Beatles rules?

#762 3 years ago

..... Would you want me to create a pinside topic thread and call it Beatles rules?

I think that would be great. There is already a Pinside sub-Forum called RULESHEETS AND CODE and there you could start a topic: The Beatles Rulesheet. As the topic OP you can keep things current with additions and changes.
Objections anybody?

#763 3 years ago

Got my new topper. Looks great and was easy to install. I like the Beatlemania letters lighting individually and integrating into feedback on the game play. Also did not realize that the heads are mounted in front of the topper backdrop on little springy mounts that make theirs heads shake a little when you are playing. Nice touch!!

IMG_3719 (resized).jpgIMG_3719 (resized).jpgIMG_3720 (resized).jpgIMG_3720 (resized).jpg
#764 3 years ago

In general, I find Stern toppers are boring and expensive. Beatles definitely falls into that category for me...so redundant with the backglass.

Same with the JP2 topper...I much prefer the Tilt topper for over half the price.

IMG_1032 (resized).jpegIMG_1032 (resized).jpeg
#765 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

In general, I find Stern toppers are boring and expensive. Beatles definitely falls into that category for me...so redundant with the backglass. ...

But you love it otherwise right?
I also prefer Tilt Topper's JP topper to Stern's.

I like the Beatles topper as well Cz-czar. Colorful and interactive! Congrats!

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

In general, I find Stern toppers are boring and expensive. Beatles definitely falls into that category for me...so redundant

The Stern topper looks a lot like the diamond edition backglass but for most of that it isn’t an issue. The topper interacts with the game and without it, it is difficult to follow Beatlemania progress. I haven’t seen any 3rd party Beatles toppers that look as good.

#767 3 years ago

Happy birthday Ringo!

80!!!!!!

He’s still the funny one.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Happy birthday Ringo!
80!!!!!!
He’s still the funny one.

Ever seen his Twitter feed?

Peace and Love, Peace and Love, Peace and Love... it's like he's an old hippie from the 60's.

Btw, I came close to your high score earlier this week. 25 Million. 13M from my last ball reaching Taxman mb. Still loving the game.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Happy birthday Ringo!
80!!!!!!

No wonder I feel so old! Because I am!
My high score is 4.7M and my typical score is 1-2M. That's OK by me. I certainly have lots of room for improvement!
I wish the Extra Ball was more Shot Earned instead of Shot Chance, but it is what it is!
I love this game!

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

No wonder I feel so old! Because I am!
My high score is 4.7M and my typical score is 1-2M. That's OK by me. I certainly have lots of room for improvement!
I wish the Extra Ball was more Shot Earned instead of Shot Chance, but it is what it is!
I love this game!

I used to get bothered leaving an extra ball or jackpot uncollected. But it happens so frequently that I started to just expect I wouldn't get it.

My mindset has completely changed. If I collect an extra ball or jackpot, I'm thrilled because it's never guaranteed. Even during multiball it rarely happens.

#771 3 years ago

So many air-balls, I was worried about the glass shattering. Checked with my distributor and they sent me the air-ball prevention kit. the metal diverter that goes above the FAB targets isn't so good looking, but prevents air-ball induced drains. I wish they'd made it out of plastic. the FOUR target guard should help with that prob too. I haven't installed 'em yet, that's tonight's project.

anti-loft (resized).jpganti-loft (resized).jpg
#772 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

So many air-balls, I was worried about the glass shattering.

I don't think that's possible with tempered glass.

Silver Slugger was designed to have the ball hit the glass every plunge.

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think that's possible with tempered glass.
Silver Slugger was designed to have the ball hit the glass every plunge.

Some might disagree with your wisdom....

dfgh (resized).jpgdfgh (resized).jpg
#774 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

So many air-balls, I was worried about the glass shattering. Checked with my distributor and they sent me the air-ball prevention kit. the metal diverter that goes above the FAB targets isn't so good looking, but prevents air-ball induced drains. I wish they'd made it out of plastic. the FOUR target guard should help with that prob too. I haven't installed 'em yet, that's tonight's project.
[quoted image]

Your scores will increase after you install them.

I suffered tons of airballs as well before I finally installed them. I really don't even notice them.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your scores will increase after you install them.
I suffered tons of airballs as well before I finally installed them. I really don't even notice them.

I concur. I thought they looked ugly before, but they fade into the woodwork once installed.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I wish they'd made it out of plastic.

I made a plastic diverter for my friend's Beatles. They are not that hard to make. Get a piece of .020" polycarbonate (Lexan), make your cuts and one bend and you are good to go.

What you cannot see in the picture is that my plastic completely covers the play field plastic all the way up. When you step up to play it is not noticeable.

9ef0c44f62110ede4896f76ca653762bb9c657d6.jpeg (resized).jpg9ef0c44f62110ede4896f76ca653762bb9c657d6.jpeg (resized).jpg

#777 3 years ago

Nice. Looks like it was factory installed...although now that you've told me it covers the entire cover, I can see the thickness change. I think I'll do the same. Really don't like the look of the metal. The artwork is worth the effort.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I made a plastic diverter for my friend's Beatles. They are not that hard to make. Get a piece of .020" polycarbonate (Lexan), make your cuts and one bend and you are good to go.
What you cannot see in the picture is that my plastic completely covers the play field plastic all the way up. When you step up to play it is not noticeable.
[quoted image]

#778 3 years ago

What size speakers are in a Beatles Gold, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?
How about a Beatles Platinum?

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Nice. Looks like it was factory installed...although now that you've told me it covers the entire cover, I can see the thickness change. I think I'll do the same. Really don't like the look of the metal. The artwork is worth the effort.

Thank you.

Let me correct myself. I used .040 polycarbonate. Not .020 as I stated. .020 will probably work great. But I wanted to clear this up.

It does work, too. Twice, while playing my friend's Beatles, I had the ball jump the plastic, hit the diverter, and bounce right back into play.

Make sure that you place the bend below the plastics screw so that the ball can roll on by.

#780 3 years ago

question about the left flippers on beatles.

I just observed that if I hold down the left flipper button slightly that the upper flipper actuates while the lower does not. This is backwards to every 3 or 4 flipper game I have ever played. I do not recall if seawitch is like this, but I think my machine has the switches wired backwards. Can anyone confirm?

The right hand side is correct, so holding the flipper button in slightly actuates the bottom flipper only.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

I just observed that if I hold down the left flipper button slightly that the upper flipper actuates while the lower does not. This is backwards to every 3 or 4 flipper game I have ever played. I do not recall if seawitch is like this, but I think my machine has the switches wired backwards. Can anyone confirm?
The right hand side is correct, so holding the flipper button in slightly actuates the bottom flipper only.

Mine is the same as yours. I thought it was backwards too, but I can't see much value if it were the other way either.

What situation requires you to cradle the lower left while using the upper left to hit shots coming around the top? Maybe when the ball is auto-plunged? Not a likely situation.

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Mine is the same as yours. I thought it was backwards too, but I can't see much value if it were the other way either.
What situation requires you to cradle the lower left while using the upper left to hit shots coming around the top? Maybe when the ball is auto-plunged? Not a likely situation.

If it is swapped, you can flip the bottom flipper while not flipping the top and then you could (theoretically) hit the left spinner. The way it is now, the top left flipper blocks that shot.

#783 3 years ago

Have you tried adjusting the leaf switches on your flipper buttons?

#784 3 years ago

If it is swapped, you can flip the bottom flipper while not flipping the top and then you could (theoretically) hit the left spinner. The way it is now, the top left flipper blocks that shot.

It is still doable the way it is now. I've successfully back flipped the ball from the bottom left flipper through the left spinner. You just can't hold the flipper button down very long.

It's not an impossible shot.

#785 3 years ago

The connections must be set wrong. Must be so that you can adress only lower flipper, otherwise if you cradle, you block the upper lane.
Just move the connectors/wires from the button setup.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

In multiball you must be able to cradle balls and still have the side-line open for shots with the other flipper.

The way you have it setup now, defeats all purpose with having two settings for the button.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In multiball you must be able to cradle balls and still have the side-line open for shots with the other flipper.
The way you have it setup now, defeats all purpose with having two settings for the button.

right. And that's the way the game came from factory, so the questions is this: is it meant to be this way? I doubt it. Looks like a mistake from the factory. No problems, I can fix that pretty easy. Just swap the leaf switches. But are ALL the beatles machines wired this way? If so, I am surprised that I am the first one to realize that the left flipper came wired wrong.

#788 3 years ago

right. And that's the way the game came from factory, so the questions is this: is it meant to be this way? I doubt it. Looks like a mistake from the factory. No problems, I can fix that pretty easy. Just swap the leaf switches. But are ALL the beatles machines wired this way? If so, I am surprised that I am the first one to realize that the left flipper came wired wrong.

Okay, so I was able to fix this pretty easily. It is not a wiring issue like I initially thought; it is an adjustment issue. Depending on the way you bend the metal flaps you can have either switch actuate first. This is a pretty genius design, but I am unsure why you would want it to be backwards. In any case, my beatles now flips the correct way and the top shot is not blocked.

2 weeks later
#789 3 years ago

Just picked up a Beatles gold. It will be going to my brewery location soon. While it’s at home, I’d like to replace the rubbers with something different. Does anyone have any pics of some cool color combinations? I’d love to see what you’ve done

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up a Beatles gold. It will be going to my brewery location soon. While it’s at home, I’d like to replace the rubbers with something different. Does anyone have any pics of some cool color combinations? I’d love to see what you’ve done

Not colors, but I did all clear titans on mine. I think white would look great. I think the purple or blue could look really cool too.

Beatles (resized).jpgBeatles (resized).jpg
#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Oh the possibilities ...

Titan Ring Colors (resized).jpgTitan Ring Colors (resized).jpg
Perfect Play Ring Colors (resized).jpgPerfect Play Ring Colors (resized).jpg

#792 3 years ago

I need to replace the white rubbers on mine soon. Does anyone have any pictures of the game with alterantve color rubbers? The clear look nice!

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from jcssupplies:

I need to replace the white rubbers on mine soon. Does anyone have any pictures of the game with alterantve color rubbers? The clear look nice!

I put clear on my BM66 and they look great! It allows light to come through, so there's that. I would imagine that clear would look great on Beatles, too.

#794 3 years ago

We did a combination...clear Titans on the lower half of the playfield and purple on the top half. Purple on the flippers. Pink on the post near super jackpot.

IMG_20200815_192438616 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_192438616 (resized).jpg
#795 3 years ago

Wow! Really nice work. Purple Flippers and clear slings are an excellent match. Great idea! Did you only install 1 of the 2 pieces in the airball kit?

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from jcssupplies:

Did you only install 1 of the 2 pieces in the airball kit?

We did only install the piece over the four drop Target Bank. And haven't had a problem at all.

1 week later
#797 3 years ago

So got my topper today. Not quite sure how this made it through quality control......

beatles (resized).jpgbeatles (resized).jpg
#798 3 years ago

That one's gonna be valuable. It's always the misprints that bring the big money.

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

That one's gonna be valuable. It's always the misprints that bring the big money.

ha...my Munster topper showed up with out the Marilyn plastic...shitty quality control as usual.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

So got my topper today. Not quite sure how this made it through quality control......[quoted image]

OH NO!!!!

Paul IS really dead!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
There are 2,092 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/16?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.