(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 788 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by jamescardona
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9ef0c44f62110ede4896f76ca653762bb9c657d6.jpeg (resized).jpg
dfgh (resized).jpg
anti-loft (resized).jpg
IMG_1032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3720 (resized).jpg
IMG_3719 (resized).jpg
20200616_213937 (resized).jpg
20200616_213659 (resized).jpg
20200616_213832 (resized).jpg
EB0B2431-7BDD-4F9B-8FE1-744A910343A4 (resized).jpeg
91DA7C86-E89B-4481-BCFE-AF143CEC3832 (resized).png
IMG_7163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7161 (resized).jpeg
537E2C6C-B042-4DAF-B71C-025FD2C5CC54 (resized).jpeg
20200508_211644.jpg

There are 788 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 83 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I don't think GRG is doing that deal anymore, got one from them and like a week later the price was back at msrp.

As I mentioned earlier it’s a timing thing. When they are near ordering the next required batch of X games to acquire the limited platinum and diamond games they typically burn them out at wholesale. You are correct though, weeks after I got my game they shot back up to 8k.

#702 83 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, I give. What surprise?

You have the shoot the jackpot between her legs.... Maybe I've got an overactive imagination and am just seeing things that aren't there, though.

#703 79 days ago

How do you complete the All My Loving multiball mode? The other main modes are tied to specific shots and are pretty obvious, but I can’t quite figure that one out.

#704 79 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

How do you complete the All My Loving multiball mode? The other main modes are tied to specific shots and are pretty obvious, but I can’t quite figure that one out.

You need to score 3 jackpots, which can be hard to do since it requires 75 switch hits to light it after you collect the 2nd jackpot.

#705 79 days ago

Gotta say it again. I changed to 5 ball and had a blast last night. I had three multiballs, lights shows, songs, sounds, high scores .... all that great stuff that makes pinball fun for me.
I’m way too old
Life is way too short
I paid way too much
My hat is off to you guys that can do it all in three!

#706 79 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Gotta say it again. I changed to 5 ball and had a blast last night. I had three multiballs, lights shows, songs, sounds, high scores .... all that great stuff that makes pinball fun for me.
I’m way too old
Life is way too short
I paid way too much
My hat is off to you guys that can do it all in three!

Must confess I took (stole) your advise and did the same and have been enjoying much more of the game. Will convert back to traditional if I ever learn how to play better. Awesome game.

#707 79 days ago

What were your high scores on 3 ball settings vs 5 ball now?

I'm loving this game. It reminds me of Shadow, super fast and on the verge of a wild sling rebound to an out-lane. With Beatles, failing to collect a jackpot after completing level 5 of a mode feels just like failing to start Final Battle or collect extra ball after successfully qualifying the shot.

I just got the game, so I have a lot to learn, but the game seems properly difficult on default 3 ball settings. I've gotten Help mb and Beatlemania mb, but haven't done well in them. It's really tough compared to ramp and scoop games that help keep the other balls out of the way.

This game is super fun. So glad I paid too much. Totally worth it.

#708 79 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

With Beatles, failing to collect a jackpot after completing level 5 of a mode feels just like failing to start Final Battle or collect extra ball after successfully qualifying the shot.

What I also really like is how the jackpots get multiplied after you complete another mode - e.g. if you complete two modes before collecting the jackpot you get 2x on the first mode and 1x on the second. This goes to 3x on the first after 3 modes etc. This can make fore some huge jackpots. I was really kicking myself on a recent stream when I completed a mode then did a second mode but drained before I could collect the jackpots.

#709 76 days ago

Hello, not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the auto plunger barely shoots the ball to the upper magnet? Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks!!

#710 76 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the auto plunger barely shoots the ball to the upper magnet? Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks!!

Is it launching clean, like a lack of power, or rattle it’s way up like something isn’t aligned correctly?

#711 76 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

What were your high scores on 3 ball settings vs 5 ball now?
I'm loving this game. It reminds me of Shadow, super fast and on the verge of a wild sling rebound to an out-lane. With Beatles, failing to collect a jackpot after completing level 5 of a mode feels just like failing to start Final Battle or collect extra ball after successfully qualifying the shot.
I just got the game, so I have a lot to learn, but the game seems properly difficult on default 3 ball settings. I've gotten Help mb and Beatlemania mb, but haven't done well in them. It's really tough compared to ramp and scoop games that help keep the other balls out of the way.
This game is super fun. So glad I paid too much. Totally worth it.

The game hands out plenty of EB opportunities so I think 3 ball is fine. My high is around 27 million that was a Taxman game.

#712 76 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Is it launching clean, like a lack of power, or rattle it’s way up like something isn’t aligned correctly?

Seems to rattle quite a bit and not have much power. Thanks.

#713 75 days ago

I had a similar problem with my BM66. Make a slo mo video with your IPhone from different angles. That may make it clearer as to the issue. Ultimately, my issue ended up being the spacing on the two metal flanges that the ball rests on. The misalignment was pushing the ball onto the right shooter lane wall, glancing off and thus, slowing down the plunge speed. I took needle nose pliers and bent them to match a plunger I had on a Stern game that launched well. I had to keep adjusting and testing. It took about 25-30 launches before I had it fixed.

#714 75 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

I had a similar problem with my BM66. Make a slo mo video with your IPhone from different angles. That may make it clearer as to the issue. Ultimately, my issue ended up being the spacing on the two metal flanges that the ball rests on. The misalignment was pushing the ball onto the right shooter lane wall, glancing off and thus, slowing down the plunge speed. I took needle nose pliers and bent them to match a plunger I had on a Stern game that launched well. I had to keep adjusting and testing. It took about 25-30 launches before I had it fixed.

So, I took slo-mo video and it seems to be shooting straight. It just lacks power? It’s barely making it to the upper loop magnet. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

#715 75 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I took slo-mo video and it seems to be shooting straight. It just lacks power? It’s barely making it to the upper loop magnet. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

You can adjust the power of the autolaunch in the settings. Try increasing the power (I did on mine) and see if that helps.

#716 75 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m not sure if Beatles has the same mech, but on many other Sterns if the two prongs aren’t properly placed it causes your issue. Be sure that both prongs are touching the ball and that they are evenly spaced on the ball. The ones I have seen that needed adjustment needed the prongs bent towards each other

#717 75 days ago

Okay. Thanks all!

#718 75 days ago

Maybe the ball is sitting too deep between the metal sides of the plunger? Other than that, I don’t know. Bad coil stops?

#719 75 days ago

Boosting the shooter power and leveling the machine better worked! Thanks everyone.

#720 71 days ago

Just got notified today should have my topper from second run in a couple days!

#721 71 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game hands out plenty of EB opportunities so I think 3 ball is fine. My high is around 27 million that was a Taxman game.

Almost double my high score but I've only got a handful of games on mine and still learning. Plus I'm average at best. I know I can make the upper loop 10 times in a row, but only when the shot doesn't matter.

I think I was close to something great after playing Help MB with all song inserts solidly lit except for the 2 ball one which still needed two more jackpots to go before I drained with no more extra balls. I did manage to score several level 5 jackpots. So rewarding.

This game is really fun. 3 ball setting seems right so far.

#722 71 days ago

I just installed the PinWoofer kit in my game. Holy cow...it sounds fantastic! The stock sound system isn't terrible, but this kit absolutely brings it to another level. On a music pin especially, it is hard to imagine a better mod. Installation takes a bit of time, but it is not difficult and the kit is well-designed. As others have mentioned, Dan provides outstanding customer service. The full kit isn't cheap, but is absolutely worth it.

#723 70 days ago

BIG NEWS!!! Beatles Toppers are now Back In Stock at Flip N Out Pinball!

Get one before they are gone forever muahahaha

Message or call us NOW to get yours.
$399.99 + shipping

Flip N Out Pinball
zach@flipnoutpinball.com

91DA7C86-E89B-4481-BCFE-AF143CEC3832 (resized).png
#724 68 days ago

Got my topper today, looks great on the game.

I know as you collect letters for Beatlemania it indicates that but can’t tell what it does for collecting the 4 band members in the pops. It seems like as you collect either the star behind their picture illuminates. Am I seeing this correct?

#725 67 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Got my topper today, looks great on the game.
I know as you collect letters for Beatlemania it indicates that but can’t tell what it does for collecting the 4 band members in the pops. It seems like as you collect either the star behind their picture illuminates. Am I seeing this correct?

I just installed my topper too. I agree...it does really finish off the look of the game well. I noticed the Beatlemania letters but didn’t notice any action corresponding to the band member targets in the pops. Maybe I’m missing something?

#726 66 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

... I changed the setting so the lit extra ball carries over to the next ball, but when the ball goes in the lit inlane on the next ball the extra ball doesn’t register. The switch works fine. Software bug? Curious if others have had these issues.

I observed the same problem. I sent a bug notice to Stern. We'll see.

#727 66 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just installed my topper too. I agree...it does really finish off the look of the game well. I noticed the Beatlemania letters but didn’t notice any action corresponding to the band member targets in the pops. Maybe I’m missing something?

I’m 50/50 if the band members are interactive with the game.
There are times where it seems the stars behind the band member on topper aren’t lit or lit as bright as others but ha end been able to determine if it’s tied to hitting their respective targets.

If they aren’t that would seem like a nice minor addition that could be fixed in a code update.

#728 66 days ago

MORE Toppers on their way to Flip N Out Pinball then likely gone for a long while everywhere. Put in your order now.

Flip N Out Pinball
zach@flipnoutpinball.com

#729 64 days ago

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Bgold. I hope to be playing it sometime next week if all goes well. Let there be pinball in the Shenandoah Valley!

1 week later
#730 58 days ago

As a new Beatles owner, I'm having trouble locating a ruleset. short of a full treatment, does anyone have a pointer to how the game actually works rule-wise? It seems the multiball on a 3rd plunge is random. and I'm not sure what turns the top magnet off and on.
stuff like that. Help!

Quoted from Cz-czar:

Just joined the club today with #179 Platinum edition. Called a local distributor looking for a gold and they had a platinum in stock and offered me a good deal. Delivered and installed this afternoon. What a great game! As a lifetime Beatles fan, this game was a must have for me.
A few observations and questions. Getting to multiball has a nice balance of being somewhat difficult but not too hard. It’s interesting that the Ringo light is off on its own separate from the other 3. Is that a dig on Ringo? John seems a little too tight behind the left spinner. What’s the deal with the channel above the left outlane? Is that an extra path to the jackpot? Is it harder or easier with the pin next to it in the upper position? How do you get to higher levels on a song? Is it normal to hear an audible fan blowing during quiet parts of the game or between games? It’s louder than I would have expected.
Sorry for so many basic questions. Any handy references on the rule set?

#731 58 days ago

On ball 3, depending on settings you have an option to choose “All My loving” Multiball with the flippers and then plunging, the top magnet is activated by spelling BeatleMania (Loop shots), Super pop bumber modes), and jackpots for all my loving mb.

#732 58 days ago

There's really not much to the rules.

Before you plunge, you can pick your mode (except for all my loving multiball). However, on ball three you CAN pick the multiball, simple as that. You need to make sure AML mode is picked before you plunge. And don't select AML, and then wait 10 seconds to plunge like a total noob, or the mode will change to something else while you are lollygagging.

I hate when noobs do that! Just pick and plunge. Jeez! Is it so hard? Every "select a skill shot" game is like that. Not rocket science! Dear lord.

Besides that, play your mode, then shoot FAB FOUR and it will light the orbits for start mode.

That's pretty much it. Shoot the flashing lights, shoot for what the mode tells you to shoot for etc.

#733 58 days ago

In case anyone is getting stuck balls on the round rollover “secret skill shot” button like I was, I added a couple of washers underneath the playfield to lower the unit slightly. It’s now level with the playfield—and no more stuck balls!

#734 58 days ago

Finally a plus 10mil score on standard 3 ball no extra ‘s, been clipping the 9’s for months .

Such an addictive game, had a lot of exclusives and high end LE’s but this thing is just fun all around solo or in group .

EB0B2431-7BDD-4F9B-8FE1-744A910343A4 (resized).jpeg
#735 58 days ago

Thanks to you all for the pointers. I'll get back on that beast and try to crack a few mil. I'm only one day into this so far. Totally fun game.
It's nice to have a game in my collection that isn't super deep with complicated overlapping modes and secret missions and things. just plunge and go. I like it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's really not much to the rules.
Before you plunge, you can pick your mode (except for all my loving multiball). However, on ball three you CAN pick the multiball, simple as that. You need to make sure AML mode is picked before you plunge. And don't select AML, and then wait 10 seconds to plunge like a total noob, or the mode will change to something else while you are lollygagging.
I hate when noobs do that! Just pick and plunge. Jeez! Is it so hard? Every "select a skill shot" game is like that. Not rocket science! Dear lord.
Besides that, play your mode, then shoot FAB FOUR and it will light the orbits for start mode.
That's pretty much it. Shoot the flashing lights, shoot for what the mode tells you to shoot for etc.

#736 57 days ago
Quoted from Patcraig1:

It's nice to have a game in my collection that isn't super deep with complicated overlapping modes and secret missions and things.

This game is pure pinball.

It does a great job of infusing modern technology without sacrificing the core of what makes pinball great.

It also shows toys aren't always necessary to make a game fire on all cylinders.

#737 57 days ago

Takes the best features/gameplay of the classics and combines it with a few modern touches (spinning disc, magnet, and MB) = Awesome and fun!

#738 57 days ago

Nice score! I have been stuck in the 9 million range for months

#739 57 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

This game is pure pinball.
It does a great job of infusing modern technology without sacrificing the core of what makes pinball great.
It also shows toys aren't always necessary to make a game fire on all cylinders.

Or ramps...

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Takes the best features/gameplay of the classics and combines it with a few modern touches (spinning disc, magnet, and MB) = Awesome and fun!

Totally agree.

Still shocking to me that this game didn't do better with pinballers OR hardcore Beatles fans. Unlike some games that are popular out-of-the-gate, I think Beatles will age well. Great way for newbies to own an 80's style game without the headaches of an 80's game.

#740 56 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Or ramps...

Totally agree.
Still shocking to me that this game didn't do better with pinballers OR hardcore Beatles fans. Unlike some games that are popular out-of-the-gate, I think Beatles will age well. Great way for newbies to own an 80's style game without the headaches of an 80's game.

Those folks that gave the game a fair shake tend to enjoy it. A bunch of folks in the hobby hate on it purely on the initial reaction which was nearly entirely price based. The game rocks. Folks are missing out.

#741 56 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Those folks that gave the game a fair shake tend to enjoy it. A bunch of folks in the hobby hate on it purely on the initial reaction which was nearly entirely price based. The game rocks. Folks are missing out.

I have to agree with this assessment. I know that a lot of people were aghast at the price, especially for platinum and diamond, and for the ridiculous amount of money you were only paying for different artwork, and the so-called "prestige" of owning a limited edition.

I had the opportunity to play this locally here, and I really love it. I'm saving up my pennies for the day when I can actually make a purchase, or wait until next year when I can finally dip into my annuity.

#742 56 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I have to agree with this assessment. I know that a lot of people were aghast at the price, especially for platinum and diamond, and for the ridiculous amount of money you were only paying for different artwork, and the so-called "prestige" of owning a limited edition.
I had the opportunity to play this locally here, and I really love it. I'm saving up my pennies for the day when I can actually make a purchase, or wait until next year when I can finally dip into my annuity.

I've seen NIB Golds in the low 6's. It's a good price. The game is super fun, low production, restricted license, and unique from other new Sterns.

I agree, most of the early haters never played it. It was just mob outrage at the price, which wasn't unwarranted. Retailers were way off the mark on pricing.

There was similar outrage at the initial JJPPOTC price. But the game-play and limited run has currently pushed that game to near Diamond prices.

In time, Beatles will end up being judged on its merits. For me, the ability to swap in different album themes added value to the game. It's impossible to predict where prices settle. But if you buy it because you like it, you have less to lose.

#743 55 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

I've seen NIB Golds in the low 6's.

If I may ask, where have you seen them in the low 6's? I think I only saw that one time, and that was when The Gameguys had them on sale; I think it was last August?

#744 55 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

If I may ask, where have you seen them in the low 6's? I think I only saw that one time, and that was when The Gameguys had them on sale; I think it was last August?

That’s where I got mine and it was in the low 6’s as he mentioned. Prices go up and down, just have to be ready to go when they are. Awesome game.

#745 50 days ago

Topper installed today on my Beatles Gold (with Platinum version translite). . .super easy. I like it and I typically don't like toppers.

20200616_213659 (resized).jpg20200616_213832 (resized).jpg20200616_213937 (resized).jpg
#746 45 days ago

Hi all. I realized I made the post below in the wrong thread. Curious for any thoughts:

I’m still having a blast with this game, but that left outlane is singularly brutal! I find the ball rarely finds its way into the inlanes. Even when the ball feeds the left inlane from behind the FAB targets it often finds its way into the outlane. Is this normal? I have the game leveled and at the recommended pitch (middle of bubble level—about 6.7 degrees), so I don’t think that’s the issue.

#747 45 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I realized I made the post below in the wrong thread. Curious for any thoughts:
I’m still having a blast with this game, but that left outlane is singularly brutal! I find the ball rarely finds its way into the inlanes. Even when the ball feeds the left inlane from behind the FAB targets it often finds its way into the outlane. Is this normal? I have the game leveled and at the recommended pitch (middle of bubble level—about 6.7 degrees), so I don’t think that’s the issue.

I'd say 10% of the time my game will drain the ball when coming from behind the Fab targets. Not too common.

But it feels like 70% of the time the ball chooses the outlane over the inlane. I can't tell you how many extra balls go uncollected.

I've been meaning to keep a sheet by the game to mark every missed/ made jackpot and extra ball. I've been curious about it myself. If I can improve the percentage, my scores will double.

Last night I completed all modes with inserts solidly lit. Ball balanced on the left inlane with extra ball lit, but then decided to drain out, continuing to deny me the final wizard mode. Ended with 18.5M.

#748 45 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Are you using robbers on the lead post separating the in and out lanes?

I found more out drains when I ran a rubber on the post, no matter the size.

#749 44 days ago

Nope, no rubber on those posts.

#750 42 days ago

Finally got to Taxman multiball yesterday finishing with 22M, just 4M higher than my non Taxman game

It looks like all the song modes run concurrently, is that correct? I hit a 2.2M super jackpot shot. Was that the value of my combined song jackpots? How does it increase?

Is there a specific strategy during Taxman?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 788 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside