(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 42.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, it looks like you are a Sgt. Pepper's fan.
I prefer The White Album myself.

I did a White Album mix too with a "Why Don't We Do It In the Road" Multiball! Sadly, not on stream though...

#602 4 years ago

Not a club member, but before the lockdown went to the Beatles Story Museum in Liverpool with my daughter (who is a big Beatles Fan). With all the other Beatles memorabilia, I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual Beatles pinball machine! It was near the gift shop and being played non-stop while we were there. It was a lot of fun, but fortunately the kids were satisfied with just buying a sweatshirt

Beatles Story Museum (resized).jpgBeatles Story Museum (resized).jpgBeatles Pinball (resized).jpgBeatles Pinball (resized).jpgCavern Club Stage (resized).jpgCavern Club Stage (resized).jpgMagical Mystery Tour Bus (resized).jpgMagical Mystery Tour Bus (resized).jpgBeatles Holy Grail (resized).jpgBeatles Holy Grail (resized).jpgBeatles Memorabilia (resized).jpgBeatles Memorabilia (resized).jpg
#603 4 years ago

Even The Beatles knew what to do!

#604 4 years ago

Got my highest score to date with the help of @vongator ’s Sgt. Pepper mix!

16750282-DCFA-4739-8E2E-D7E691DA7DA9 (resized).png16750282-DCFA-4739-8E2E-D7E691DA7DA9 (resized).png
#605 4 years ago

Any game over 2 million is rare and a GREAT game for me!

#606 4 years ago

Same here

#607 4 years ago

I've since added White Album and Revolver mixes if you haven't seen them!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I've since added White Album and Revolver mixes if you haven't seen them!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

Would it erase high scores / settings to swap this SD card in?

#609 4 years ago

Yes, everything is erased.

Though, I'm not sure if they're written to the original SD card or not...so maybe they're saved there? I haven't tested that.

#610 4 years ago

I’m looking for a HUO Beatles Gold if anyone is considering selling theirs. Thank you. Stay safe and healthy.

#611 4 years ago

Hi all. I'm thinking of picking up a Beatles sometime soon. Such a fun game. I have a question about moving it down a flight of stairs. I would normally hire someone or get a buddy or two to help out (my back is on the fritz and I'm not a huge guy), but don't think that will be possible in the age of the apocalypse. I'm thinking I could break it down in my garage--playfield, head, and glass--and move it down piece by piece. Any idea what the cabinet weighs without the backbox and playfield? Do you all think that strategy would be feasible with this game with the help of my average-sized 14 year old son? Thanks for any insights.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Hi all. I'm thinking of picking up a Beatles sometime soon. Such a fun game. I have a question about moving it down a flight of stairs. I would normally hire someone or get a buddy or two to help out (my back is on the fritz and I'm not a huge guy), but don't think that will be possible in the age of the apocalypse. I'm thinking I could break it down in my garage--playfield, head, and glass--and move it down piece by piece. Any idea what the cabinet weighs without the backbox and playfield? Do you all think that strategy would be feasible with this game with the help of my average-sized 14 year old son? Thanks for any insights.

I had to remove the back box on my Munsters to bring it home. That was a painless exercise. The wiring you need to mess with is minimal.

You will need to remove the bolts that attach the pivot brackets to the back box. To avoid scratching your cabinet, place some cardboard or other barrier between the brackets and the cab and remove the brackets from the cab. Also, one of the nuts that the bracket bolts to is hard to get to so you will have to unbolt something inside the back box for access to that one nut. Once you have that done, there are two attachment points on the back; Remove 2 bolts and the back box lifts right off.

After that, then you unplug the play field and the play field should just slide on out. Get a friend to help do that job. The play field is heavy.

The rest of it you will figure out.

I suppose the cab in stripped condition is 40-50 pounds. Maybe less. If you have a dolly and some straps you should have no problem moving the cab.

What you want to do is very feasible. Go for it.

#613 4 years ago

You can make any game substantially lighter just by removing the lockdown bar, glass, backglass, balls, coinbox, and anything else loose inside the cabinet. My wife and I moved a TZ into the house(with two steps) doing this.

#614 4 years ago

If your steps are carpeted, slide it down with you at the front bracing it as you go down. I’m 61, and can get a pin down in my basement alone with the method.

#615 4 years ago

Thanks very much for all the advice! I’ll give an update if/when I join the club.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m looking for a HUO Beatles Gold if anyone is considering selling theirs. Thank you. Stay safe and healthy.

Not a gold but I am selling my stunning 'as new' Platinum.

Just search the 'for sale' ads, pm me and let's make a deal!!

1 week later
#617 4 years ago

Hello,
Can someone tell me where you find these miniature guitars, lunch box and record player? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find them. Thank you!!

A3B0E729-BEAE-49FC-A906-4F936F7F7676 (resized).jpegA3B0E729-BEAE-49FC-A906-4F936F7F7676 (resized).jpeg
#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello,
Can someone tell me where you find these miniature guitars, lunch box and record player? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find them. Thank you!![quoted image]

On EBay all the time. Low cost xmas tree ornaments.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Even The Beatles knew what to do!

Here's another one...

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello,
Can someone tell me where you find these miniature guitars, lunch box and record player? I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find them. Thank you!![quoted image]

Search for "Kurt Adler Beatles Ornament"

#621 4 years ago

I just put a deposit down on a new Beatles gold. I'm super excited! Hopefully will be a fun distraction from all the depressing crap going on in the world. Aside from the Stern airball protectors, any recommendations on protectors, mylar, and other mods? How do people like the topper?

#622 4 years ago

One nice thing about this game is it really doesn’t call for many mods that enhance gameplay other than the airball protectors. The game is silly fast. I may look into reducing sling power a little. Anyone have suggestions?

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

One nice thing about this game is it really doesn’t call for many mods that enhance gameplay other than the airball protectors. The game is silly fast. I may look into reducing sling power a little. Anyone have suggestions?

Agreed. I did get the lunch box and phonograph ornaments off Ebay but other then that its awesome as is. You DO however need that Stern airball protector. Crazy how that ball flies off that target without it. Enjoy a Great game, we love ours.

#624 4 years ago

I wasn't paying attention when this game first came out. Can anybody help with a couple of questions...

What was the actual price (not msrp) NIB buyers were paying distributors for Gold and Platinum editions?

What is the current price sellers are getting for either in the used market?

I've seen some big price listing variations in the marketplace.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I wasn't paying attention when this game first came out. Can anybody help with a couple of questions...
What was the actual price (not msrp) NIB buyers were paying distributors for Gold and Platinum editions?

For Beatles it’s a bit of a commodity’s purchase. Meaning... In order for distributors to make the Big profits and get the money maker platinum and diamond games they have to buy Gold games in bulk lots. With that said, your big player distributors do this and offer burn off the Gold games at crazy discount so they can make $$$ on the limited ones. The majority of distributors I called said they could hardly discount as they only bought a few. I went to Game Room Guys and got a NIB Gold delivered for 6700. They run these on crazy sale when they need to pull another allotment. Good luck, Great game.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just put a deposit down on a new Beatles gold. I'm super excited! Hopefully will be a fun distraction from all the depressing crap going on in the world. Aside from the Stern airball protectors, any recommendations on protectors, mylar, and other mods? How do people like the topper?

I recommend the speaker light mod from speakerlightkits.com, the Flipper Fidelity enhanced speakers, a shaker motor of your choice, and the slingshot plastic protectors from mezelmods.

The Stern airball protector kit is needed.

I also added a shooter rod plate enhancement, flipper decals, custom score cards, the lunchbox and turntable ornaments. I have a topper on order.

Earlier in this thread, I posted photos or otherwise discuss each of these items. I agree that the stock game is great, plus the airball mod, without anything added.

Nevertheless, the mezelmod plastic protectors are inexpensive and they improve the appearance (add a green hue and remove a black area at the posts). Congratulations! The Beatles is tremendous fun!

#627 4 years ago

I’m curious if the diamond had the full tracks or does it have the snippets like the other versions.
I couldn’t ever find a definitive answer.
Enjoy this game - thanks!

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The game initially sold for $8k but pretty early on you were hearing closer to mid-7, with “NOB” show games going in the high $6,000s.

The whole diamond/plat thing was just a scam, the distributors paid the same amount for them as the Golds and were just told to sell them for what they could. It was a confusing arrangement and those prices were all over the map. I do know first hand that some people paid $13k or so for plats and some paid close to $20k for diamonds. But I also think that high cost Fomo wore off pretty quick and still you can get all three versions from distributors for considerably less. There is absolutely no difference in the games beyond trim, backglass, and cab art, and a “glass” backlgass in the diamond. They all look nice, I think my favorite is the platinum trim.

As far as art doesn’t really matter, it’s mostly all the same elements and art just swirled around between games anyway and they all have The same art in one way or another. Diamond has 4 giant heads translite probably my least favorite, but that’s probably the only distinction for me.

For current used and new prices check the market here you’ll get a good idea what the lowest current asking prices are. Almost All of these games that come up for sale are NIb or HUO.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’m curious if the diamond had the full tracks or does it have the snippets like the other versions.
I couldn’t ever find a definitive answer.
Enjoy this game - thanks!

All three games play exactly the same.

Hey you guys keep talking airball protector...but I’ve been playing for months and have not seen an airball issue. Where does this happen?

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All three games play exactly the same.
Hey you guys keep talking airball protector...but I’ve been playing for months and have not seen an airball issue. Where does this happen?

At the center drop targets. Works great with the free protector.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

PinWoofer speakers/amps.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For Beatles it’s a bit of a commodity’s purchase. Meaning... In order for distributors to make the Big profits and get the money maker platinum and diamond games they have to buy Gold games in bulk lots. With that said, your big player distributors do this and offer burn off the Gold games at crazy discount so they can make $$$ on the limited ones. The majority of distributors I called said they could hardly discount as they only bought a few. I went to Game Room Guys and got a NIB Gold delivered for 6700. They run these on crazy sale when they need to pull another allotment. Good luck, Great game.

Oh, man. Now I feel like a sucker. I called around and the best price I could get on a gold was $7400 shipped. Gameroom Guys has a Platinum on “clearance” for 8K. They told me the gold is the same price. Weird. Maybe the $6700 price was earlier on in the run when they were salivating over unloading diamonds and platinums at crazy inflated prices—and now that well has run dry.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

PinWoofer speakers/amps.

I have the PinWoofer kit on my Metallica and it is awesome. I know the Beatles stock sound system is much better than the crappy stock MET sound. Is the PinWoofer improvement still pretty dramatic on the latest games?

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I have the PinWoofer kit on my Metallica and it is awesome. I know the Beatles stock sound system is much better than the crappy stock MET sound. Is the PinWoofer improvement still pretty dramatic on the latest games?

I have PinWoofer and all my music themed pins and it makes a huge difference on all of them.

In terms of speakers, the stock sound system isn't better (same really cheap speakers). Any improvements would be related to SPIKE (and samples).

Since you have experience with PinWoofer, you know the big innovation is the amplification. I don't play my games ultra loud, but the clarity and frequency response is so much better with serious amplification. The SPIKE amplification doesn't cut it.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Oh, man. Now I feel like a sucker. I called around and the best price I could get on a gold was $7400 shipped. Gameroom Guys has a Platinum on “clearance” for 8K. They told me the gold is the same price. Weird. Maybe the $6700 price was earlier on in the run when they were salivating over unloading diamonds and platinums at crazy inflated prices—and now that well has run dry.

Honestly, i think the gold looks the best out of all of the editions...

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Honestly, i think the gold looks the best out of all of the editions...

Another $80 and you can slap in the platinum translite, which I dig the most.

I think theme-wise, the Gold makes the most sense with the Vox accents. Not the hugest fan of any fake gold powder coat, but they did a nice job with the sparkles in it... looks pretty great in person.
E642A813-93F9-49F1-82D1-0B034E359C5D (resized).jpegE642A813-93F9-49F1-82D1-0B034E359C5D (resized).jpeg

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think theme-wise, the Gold makes the most sense with the Vox accents. Not the hugest fan of any fake gold powder coat, but they did a nice job with the sparkles in it... looks pretty great in person.
[quoted image]

It looks very good in person. And you never notice it when you are playing.

#638 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Only thing i disagree with that is you have them dancing all around the cabinet and on the back board, I like them being different in the translite.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Only thing i disagree with that is you have them dancing all around the cabinet and on the back board, I like them being different in the translite.

Totally valid point. And gold is also really sharp looking. My initial beef was that the gold translite is an exact clone of the middle of the playfield, so when you play you look at it twice. I’ll probably swap it out from time to time to keep the lineup feeling fresh while I’m in lockdown

#640 4 years ago

Have been loving this game with the time off. Someone asked about best mod/addition. If you haven’t done so the Pinsider that redid the Beatles animations and added ALL of The Beatles albums has my vote. Simple and free. Great way to fully enjoy the game. Love it.

#641 4 years ago

Totally valid point. And gold is also really sharp looking. My initial beef was that the gold translite is an exact clone of the middle of the playfield, so when you play you look at it twice. I’ll probably swap it out from time to time to keep the lineup feeling fresh while I’m in lockdown

I share your sentiment, which is why I, too, swapped my Gold version translite for a Platinum version translite.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have been loving this game with the time off. Someone asked about best mod/addition.

Mine is hopefully going to be the tiny iron thing I have on the way from Amazon to deal with all 12 of my pooling posts before they start to chip. Thanks for the recommend btw

#643 4 years ago

Mine is hopefully going to be the tiny iron thing I have on the way from Amazon to deal with all 12 of my pooling posts before they start to chip. Thanks for the recommend btw

Dam sorry to hear you had issues. That repair guide does work though and Many have messaged me with their success. Good luck let me know if you have questions.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam sorry to hear you had issues. That repair guide does work though and Many have messaged me with their success. Good luck let me know if you have questions.

Heh thanks... but what can ya do, shit happens. Happened on my TNA, happened on my Maiden LE. It’s on my Wonka too. End of the day they all still play great and I’m over getting stressed about it

But stoked you found a simple solution... hopefully this will prevent future chipping as apparently buyers don’t appreciate chipped artwork on the PF I guess.

#645 4 years ago

Heh thanks... but what can ya do, shit happens. Happened on my TNA, happened on my Maiden LE. It’s on my Wonka too. End of the day they all still play great and I’m over getting stressed about it
But stoked you found a simple solution... hopefully this will prevent future chipping as apparently buyers don’t appreciate chipped artwork on the PF I guess.

Can’t promise but to date I have done Hundreds of posts for friends and my games and I have had No further issues and any that were there are gone. Just make sure you have the Mylar rings to seal. Then it’s pretty fool proof. Good luck.

#646 4 years ago

Quoted from Yelobird:

Can’t promise but to date I have done Hundreds of posts for friends and my games and I have had No further issues and any that were there are gone. Just make sure you have the Mylar rings to seal. Then it’s pretty fool proof. Good luck.

Hi-

Can you guys point me to the thread that includes details on this solution?

Thanks!

#648 4 years ago

Thanks! The Wonka looks like mine, except I have a little paint chipping. My Beatles has the same issue. Not selling them any time soon, so will try your process.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks! The Wonka looks like mine, except I have a little paint chipping. My Beatles has the same issue. Not selling them any time soon, so will try your process.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help. (with questions lol.) Not going to Seattle for a while now...

#650 4 years ago

I am assuming you wait a few minutes until the iron heats up to capacity?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/13?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.