(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.
#551 4 years ago

Just joined the club the other day. Small rules question: When does the super jackpot shot NOT light after a mode’s timer is finished that ball? I feel like after the 5th song when Beatlemania is lit it never lights the super for some reason, and a couple times when I got to level 3-4 of a mode, and the timer ends, it still doesn’t light up.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Another very small run in feb. better get your order in as I know many are spoken for already.

How does one do that? I can’t seem to find them on their web site.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

How does one do that? I can’t seem to find them on their web site.

Well, my distro reaches out to me since they knew I wanted one but give them a call. They likely won’t be adverstised.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. When are toppers being made?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There's a distributor on eBay who sold his upcoming allotment of toppers. He still has one available, about $419 + $33 shipping + tax.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

There's a distributor on eBay who sold his upcoming allotment of toppers. He still has one available, about $419 + $33 shipping + tax.

Thanks

#556 4 years ago

Anyone have a update on the new topper run?

I heard Feb about two weeks ago.

2 weeks later
#557 4 years ago

I picked up my Beatles a little while ago with a damaged cab. To make a long story short, the new cab has an interlock switch and I was curious if anyone else has one and what the wiring looks like. Thanks.

#558 4 years ago

I placed an ad in the market selling a set of The Beatles McFarlane figures to use as a topper or for collectors. I'll be going to Allentown if you want to meet up and save on the shipping.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling a complete set of Beatles Yellow Submarine figures unopened for someone who is looking for a unique topper for their machine. Disclaimer the John and nowhere man plastic bo...”
2020-02-21
Li, NY
80 (Firm)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 151 times

#559 4 years ago

Looks like Beatles topper 2nd run will be out before Black Knight SOR. Thanks to AGSgames.com I was able to just get both Toppers for Beatles and SOR. It appears they are not listing the Beatles topper on the Stern website, but you can put in an order with stern distributor. Hope is these puppies will be on the street in a couple months or sooner. Arcade Game Sales out of Maryland took care of it.. I'll be looking at them for future pin purchases.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Looks like Beatles topper 2nd run will be out before Black Knight SOR. Thanks to AGSgames.com I was able to just get both Toppers for Beatles and SOR. It appears they are not listing the Beatles topper on the Stern website, but you can put in an order with stern distributor. Hope is these puppies will be on the street in a couple months or sooner. Arcade Game Sales out of Maryland took care of it.. I'll be looking at them for future pin purchases.

I was afraid I'd never get my hands on one! I pre-ordered my topper with Cointaker, but I don't have an exact ship date yet.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

About a month ago I was told these may ship by end of feb but nothing recent. Hoping it’s soon!

1 week later
#562 4 years ago

Just joined the club.

My lockdown bar has a bunch of sharp bits sticking up. Anybody else have any issues with the powder coating on the lockdown bar or rails?

IMG_20200303_142358 (resized).jpgIMG_20200303_142358 (resized).jpg
#563 4 years ago

On mine, the gold flake that is present on the lock down bar, side rails, and the legs do not protrude through to the surface. All surfaces on mine are smooth and glossy with no sharp edges.

#564 4 years ago

No sharp bits here...

#565 4 years ago

It's tough to get a picture, but you can see them through the painters tape I marked them with.

IMG_20200308_132917 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_132917 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_133020 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_133020 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_132839 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_132839 (resized).jpg
#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

It's tough to get a picture, but you can see them through the painters tape I marked them with.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would just call the distributor or Stern. Technically a wet sand with 1500 grit would make that disappear but thats your call.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

It's tough to get a picture, but you can see them through the painters tape I marked them with.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious - are the sharp edges only on the lock down bar? Is it a piece of the metal flake, or some foreign material, that's protruding through? Or is it the clear coating that was somehow misshaped before hardening?

#568 4 years ago

I think it's the metal flakes. There are eight on the lockdown bar. Three where you rest your hand while playing. Rails are ok.
Contacted my distributor, they're looking into it.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: my distributor took care of it, I'm very happy with the outcome.

#569 4 years ago

Well, I decided to add a little working MOD to my Beatles Gold.
As fellow owners already know, there's a plastic in the back right corner of the game that depicts a Beatles Record Player.
Actual miniature copies of that player can be found on the Internet but wouldn't it be neat to have a working, lighted Turntable that's spinning a Beatles "record"?

Well, that's what I set out to do - and it's done!

Take a look at the pic and also here's a link to a small video of it working: https://vimeo.com/396760992

The Turntables' on/off state is synchronized with the rotating disc in the middle of the playfield.
It took me awhile to figure out the control and power. I made a little circuit that uses the Spike2 Node 48vdc, drops it to 5vdc, then a smaller variable supply to drop it to about 2.8vdc which is optimal for the Turntable motor and led. For control I monitor the voltage at the playfield spinning disc motor, and when present, the power is applied to the Turntable. To avoid cutting/splicing any existing wiring I had to make 2 wiring y-connectors but at least it's all Plug and Play.

I know the Turntable itself doesn't look like the original Beatles Record Player, which purists would likely prefer.
But that's OK! For me, having a lit turntable, with a spinning Beatles record, and the Beatles graphic in the lid, is a neat alternative!
Of course, your mileage might vary!
And no, the turntable is not actually playing the record, but it does look like it, yes?
Any/All comments are welcome!

Beatles-Turntable-sm (resized).jpgBeatles-Turntable-sm (resized).jpg
#570 4 years ago

That is pure awesomeness. Make and sell those and you can retire.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

… It took me awhile to figure out the control and power. I made a little circuit that uses the Spike2 Node 48vdc, drops it to 5vdc, then a smaller variable supply to drop it to about 2.8vdc which is optimal for the Turntable motor and led. For control I monitor the voltage at the playfield spinning disc motor, and when present, the power is applied to the Turntable. To avoid cutting/splicing any existing wiring I had to make 2 wiring y-connectors but at least it's all Plug and Play. ...

Easy peasy lemon squeezy eh?

Very cool!

1 week later
#572 4 years ago

How about some quarantine high scores? Just got this the other day. Still no Tax Man MB for me...

1B97B69D-C318-4E02-9E0A-E9D85928693A (resized).jpeg1B97B69D-C318-4E02-9E0A-E9D85928693A (resized).jpeg
#573 4 years ago

anyone else have an issue with the ball going down the outlane when the ball goes behind the FAB targets?
Really annoying, I looked at the ball guide but there isn't much to bend.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

anyone else have an issue with the ball going down the outlane when the ball goes behind the FAB targets?

I’ve got the same problem if anyone has a tweak.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I had that issue when a rubber was installed on the lane post. Removed and never had it happen again. Loving this game.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’ve got the same problem if anyone has a tweak.

you'd think there would be a ball save via the code. at least after it hits the target inside, because I don't think there is an opto anywhere.
It's like hells yeah jackpot.... son of a bitch

Quoted from Yelobird:

I had that issue when a rubber was installed on the lane post. Removed and never had it happen again. Loving this game.

Nope no rubber on the outlane, Just happens maybe 1 out of 5 times.
I'll play around with it, maybe I'll figure something out. on occasion it hits metal outlane post and goes the other way.... kind of reminds me of demolition man.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How about some quarantine high scores? Just got this the other day. Still no Tax Man MB for me...[quoted image]

BED288B0-CF3C-4D8F-83D0-47D1E1169C27 (resized).jpegBED288B0-CF3C-4D8F-83D0-47D1E1169C27 (resized).jpeg
#578 4 years ago

I WAS THE TAX MAN!!!

20200327_173338 (resized).jpg20200327_173338 (resized).jpg
#579 4 years ago

Damn!!! You boys done upped the ante!!

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

A friend has Beatles. I made him a polycarbonate deflector for that problem. It sits on top of the plastic. You can barely see it. And it works. The other day I was over and had a hot game going and the ball bounced up on top of the plastic, hit my deflector, and bounced over toward the right flipper. It as the first time the both of us saw in in action. He was impressed and I was proud.

I was trying to make it to where the ball would come down in front of the left flipper. Instead, the ball just bounces but it does not drain. I had thought about contacting Marco or Pinball Life to see they would want to sell some but I never got around to it.

It is not hard to make.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A friend has Beatles. I made him a polycarbonate deflector for that problem. It sits on top of the plastic. You can barely see it. And it works. The other day I was over and had a hot game going and the ball bounced up on top of the plastic, hit my deflector, and bounced over toward the right flipper. It as the first time the both of us saw in in action. He was impressed and I was proud.
I was trying to make it to where the ball would come down in front of the left flipper. Instead, the ball just bounces but it does not drain. I had thought about contacting Marco or Pinball Life to see they would want to sell some but I never got around to it.
It is not hard to make.

Do you have a picture of this deflector?

#582 4 years ago

No matter how good a person is, there is undeniable randomness to pinball. How in the heck do you guys reach these high scores is beyond me. Beatles is a fast game where the ball can quickly get out of control. My highest score is somewhere in the 7 million range. I am resigned to silverball mediocrity!

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

you'd think there would be a ball save via the code.

There is a setting to enable ball save after hitting the jackpot stand-up target, but it's only when the target is lit and only gives me the ball back half the time at that...but it's there!

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Here's a Stern developed a deflector. Is this what you are looking for?

IMG_1381 (resized).jpegIMG_1381 (resized).jpeg
#585 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Quoted from snaroff:

Here's a Stern developed a deflector. Is this what you are looking for?[quoted image]

Sorry, I do not have a picture of it. I could get you a picture if you would like. Mine is clear polycarbonate. It does the same job as this deflector that snaroff put up. Mine hides better than this one. That is the only difference.

de18ebac8dea8b7c3b262e4461a4dc8b1b63ba57.jpeg (resized).jpgde18ebac8dea8b7c3b262e4461a4dc8b1b63ba57.jpeg (resized).jpg

#586 4 years ago

Here are a couple pics of the one Cottonm4 made for me.
Sorry about the poor quality of photos as my phone is pretty old.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Here are a couple pics of the one Cottonm4 made for me.
Sorry about the poor quality of photos as my phone is pretty old.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. Saves me from having to drive the 1/2 mile to your house to get some pics . It was a blast to see it in action during that last game I played.

All it is a piece of clear Lexan cut to the same profile of the plastic it sets on.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. Saves me from having to drive the 1/2 mile to your house to get some pics . It was a blast to see it in action during that last game I played.
All it is a piece of clear Lexan cut to the same profile of the plastic it sets on.

Yeah, sorry should of explained it better. it's when the ball actually goes in behind the targets and is supposed to go down the inlane. on occasion it hits the post and dribbles out the outlane.

Quoted from VonPinball:

There is a setting to enable ball save after hitting the jackpot stand-up target, but it's only when the target is lit and only gives me the ball back half the time at that...but it's there!

exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

visual reference (resized).jpgvisual reference (resized).jpg
#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

No matter how good a person is, there is undeniable randomness to pinball. How in the heck do you guys reach these high scores is beyond me. Beatles is a fast game where the ball can quickly get out of control. My highest score is somewhere in the 7 million range. I am resigned to silverball mediocrity!

Yeah, I could see maybe getting to 10.... possibly 15 someday, but 20 and 27 is a different realm all together.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Yeah, I could see maybe getting to 10.... possibly 15 someday, but 20 and 27 is a different realm all together.

It is all about completing the modes. Stay out of the center and stay to the sides.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Yeah, sorry should of explained it better. it's when the ball actually goes in behind the targets and is supposed to go down the inlane. on occasion it hits the post and dribbles out the outlane.

I'm guessing that is part of the design. It is a machine that is supposed to be in a public forum and pick everybody's pocket. A points score with a little bit of sucker shot thrown in for good measure.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It is all about completing the modes. Stay out of the center and stay to the sides.

My strategy has been to try to load up on extra balls. I’ll have to try keeping it to the sides. That center bank of targets is too tempting.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My strategy has been to try to load up on extra balls. I’ll have to try keeping it to the sides. That center bank of targets is too tempting.

Yes, collecting extra balls helps, schatzing can be done but it aint easy...

#594 4 years ago

That damn spinning record player is an unknown variable every game...And the slingshot placement, so far above the Outlane post, makes nudging real difficult. But, that’s why we love it!!

Also, we I get the loops rollin’, I don’t care what mode I’m in, I’m staying in it

#595 4 years ago

Rules question: On the 2-ball MB (All My Loving), what do you need to shoot for to progress through the levels?

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rules question: On the 2-ball MB (All My Loving), what do you need to shoot for to progress through the levels?

Switches. Each Jackpot you collect, the next jackpot requires more switches. You collect Jackpot by hitting any orbit. (Ball has to reach top magnet)

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

What Jackpotjared said. Spinner is the fastest/easiest route for it.

Another rule question: If you get BeatleMania 2x spinner, is that good just for that ball or does it carry over?

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Another rule question: If you get BeatleMania 2x spinner, is that good just for that ball or does it carry over?

Only for the ball

#599 4 years ago

I recently got the new version of PinballBrowser and replaced all the songs and video assets in the game! I highly recommend checking out PinballBrowser and playing around with it! It's very easy to use.

Here's a video of my Sgt. Pepper retheme eventually getting though to the "Taxman" (Sgt. Pepper) multiball:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578687025

I replaced:
Taxman - Sgt Pepper (reprise)
All My Lovin - Lucy In the Sky w/ Diamonds
Drive My Car - Good Morning
Ticket to Ride - When I'm 64
It Won't Be Long - Lovely Rita
Should Have Known Better - Getting Better All the Time
Help - Little Help From My Friends
Hard Days Night - Sgt Pepper
Can't Buy Me Love - Day in the Life

I did a Yellow Submarine/Abbey Road music mix a while back too!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/561629319

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I recently got the new version of PinballBrowser and replaced all the songs and video assets in the game! I highly recommend checking out PinballBrowser and playing around with it! It's very easy to use.
Here's a video of my Sgt. Pepper retheme eventually getting though to the "Taxman" (Sgt. Pepper) multiball:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578687025
I replaced:
Taxman - Sgt Pepper (reprise)
All My Lovin - Lucy In the Sky w/ Diamonds
Drive My Car - Good Morning
Ticket to Ride - When I'm 64
It Won't Be Long - Lovely Rita
Should Have Known Better - Getting Better All the Time
Help - Little Help From My Friends
Hard Days Night - Sgt Pepper
Can't Buy Me Love - Day in the Life
I did a Yellow Submarine/Abbey Road music mix a while back too!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/561629319

Well, it looks like you are a Sgt. Pepper's fan.

I prefer The White Album myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/12?hl=vonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.