(Topic ID: 228691)

The Beatles - Beatlemania official owners and fan club!

By Psw757

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,094 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Mitoska
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240412-132250~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240412-132252 (resized).png
6A7A3CE6-C367-4DF9-A933-BC8E1BEF8C97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4095 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1143 (resized).JPG
IMG_1144 (resized).JPG
IMG_1145 (resized).JPG
IMG_1142 (resized).jpg
5740519F-BE1C-435D-BF55-8FEFAC6BD961 (resized).jpeg
Beatles speaker lights (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
IMG_3168 (resized).JPG
IMG_3170 (resized).JPG
IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 42.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you find someone who has more than one send me a PM, been looking for a while. I’ve called just about every distro.

Lol...I called them all a day before expo, Hemispheres in IL had one left NIB and I bought it. Good luck on your search but you are gonna have to pry one out of an owners hand...

#452 4 years ago

I would assume toppers are a high profit item, if the product has been licensed why the scarcity? It appears these companies are leaving $ on the table ...

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I would assume toppers are a high profit item, if the product has been licensed why the scarcity? It appears these companies are leaving $ on the table ...

shhhh!

#454 4 years ago

Ripping those spinners is truly a day tripper. Love it and the added sound effect does the trick. Truly reminiscent of the late 70's games where spinners were it. After a hard days night its tough not to play; I just can't Let it Be.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Ripping those spinners is truly a day tripper. Love it and the added sound effect does the trick. Truly reminiscent of the late 70's games where spinners were it. After a hard days night its tough not to play; I just can't Let it Be.

Oh, baby you’re a rich man.

1 week later
#456 4 years ago

Quiet club of pinball that like/love this title, so I wanted to start here.
Disclaim:
I like mine - couple clear coat issues aside.
Code is fun, very adjustable for difficulty, and adds to the game well. Sold Seawitch I like it enough.

That being said, DOES ANYONE KNOW if we will see one more honest code updates from Stern, with more play features.
(Not just a clean up).

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Quiet club of pinball that like/love this title, so I wanted to start here.
Disclaim:
I like mine - couple clear coat issues aside.
Code is fun, very adjustable for difficulty, and adds to the game well. Sold Seawitch I like it enough.
That being said, DOES ANYONE KNOW if we will see one more honest code updates from Stern, with more play features.
(Not just a clean up).

Not sure....

What would you like to see added?

My only beef with the game is the fact that you could potentially hear taxman and can’t buy me love multiple times and taxman again for a wizard mode. Wish they had 1 or 2 additional non mode related songs in the game.

#458 4 years ago

Agree! Great modern interpretation of an early classic. The cherry on top would be added high scores for achievements like most loops, spinner rips, etc...similar to Iron Maiden and seems relatively easy to implement.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agree! Great modern interpretation of an early classic. The cherry on top would be added high scores for achievements like most loops, spinner rips, etc...similar to Iron Maiden and seems relatively easy to implement.

Those are good ideas!

#460 4 years ago

Wall Street Journal Business and Finance section today has a picture of the Stern pinball on the front page. Article talks about pop up stores and band merch. FYI.

#461 4 years ago
85F83E19-82C4-4337-8067-51BAB33DA175 (resized).jpeg85F83E19-82C4-4337-8067-51BAB33DA175 (resized).jpeg
#462 4 years ago

I wonder how that worked with the license. Paul McCarney regained all of the Beatles Music last year for an undisclosed sum from SONY but Sonys subsidiary still owns the rights to merchandising? Did Stern have to license with both?

#463 4 years ago

Help request-

Recently, when the spinner starts or when the magnet is activated while the spinner is activated, the spinner thumps up and down a couple times. This used to not happen, and I cannot see anything obviously loose when I look and poke at the spinner under the game.

Sometimes when the spinner is going and the ball goes above the top magnet, it also seemingly triggers the spinner magnet and causes some thumping.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what to look for? The attached video shows the behavior in diagnostic mode.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Help request-
Recently, when the spinner starts or when the magnet is activated while the spinner is activated, the spinner thumps up and down a couple times. This used to not happen, and I cannot see anything obviously loose when I look and poke at the spinner under the game.
Sometimes when the spinner is going and the ball goes above the top magnet, it also seemingly triggers the spinner magnet and causes some thumping.
Can anyone give me a hint as to what to look for? The attached video shows the behavior in diagnostic mode.

My guess is its a simple jamb nut that is out of adjustment that retains the spinning shaft. Have you tried looking at the assembly in the manual?

#465 4 years ago

Hey Beatle People!

Don't forget to set Adjustment 58 (Holiday Adjustment) to YES to hear Christmas and New Year messages from John, Paul, George & Ringo starting 12/12.

Happy Holidays!

#466 4 years ago

I’m not the most computer savvy, I can’t find a comparison of what the differences are between the gold and platinum versions. Is it significant?

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I’m not the most computer savvy, I can’t find a comparison of what the differences are between the gold and platinum versions. Is it significant?

Art, rails and production numbers.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

Hey Beatle People!
Don't forget to set Adjustment 58 (Holiday Adjustment) to YES to hear Christmas and New Year messages from John, Paul, George & Ringo starting 12/12.
Happy Holidays!

Do these change daily or weekly? Has anyone added Christmas Music to their game? I would love to do that. I just don't have that skill set.

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do these change daily or weekly? Has anyone added Christmas Music to their game? I would love to do that. I just don't have that skill set.

Totally random, it’s a nice touch

#470 4 years ago

Anyone have a extra topper they want to sell? Send me a pm, new or used is ok!

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

Hey Beatle People!
Happy Holidays!

During gameplay you hear the messages? Attract mode?

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

During gameplay you hear the messages? Attract mode?

It randomly plays a Christmas quote at game over. When you hit a Beatle name standup during gameplay, their normal quotes may be replaced by a different Christmas callout by that person.

Other fun fact.... the game over speech changes on one of their birthdays. So, that member gives most of the game over quotes on that day.

1 week later
#473 4 years ago

Just joined the club today with #179 Platinum edition. Called a local distributor looking for a gold and they had a platinum in stock and offered me a good deal. Delivered and installed this afternoon. What a great game! As a lifetime Beatles fan, this game was a must have for me.

A few observations and questions. Getting to multiball has a nice balance of being somewhat difficult but not too hard. It’s interesting that the Ringo light is off on its own separate from the other 3. Is that a dig on Ringo? John seems a little too tight behind the left spinner. What’s the deal with the channel above the left outlane? Is that an extra path to the jackpot? Is it harder or easier with the pin next to it in the upper position? How do you get to higher levels on a song? Is it normal to hear an audible fan blowing during quiet parts of the game or between games? It’s louder than I would have expected.

Sorry for so many basic questions. Any handy references on the rule set?

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

It’s interesting that the Ringo light is off on its own separate from the other 3. Is that a dig on Ringo?

No. Beatles copied Seawitch layout.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Is it normal to hear an audible fan blowing during quiet parts of the game or between games? It’s louder than I would have expected.

Yes, that is normal. Stern used a rather loud fan in the power supply unit.

There is a replacement, however. Pin Monk did some extensive work and research looking for a replacement fan that runs much quieter in Spike machines. He has a shop on Pinside; you can purchase it here if you wish:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

He also has a guide to making your own, which I did for my BM66. I'm so glad I made the switch; it's so much quieter now.

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. Beatles copied Seawitch layout.

Right, but they had to pick one to put over there. Of course it had to be Ringo. Lol.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes, that is normal. Stern used a rather loud fan in the power supply unit.
There is a replacement, however. Pin Monk did some extensive work and research looking for a replacement fan that runs much quieter in Spike machines. He has a shop on Pinside; you can purchase it here if you wish:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit
He also has a guide to making your own, which I did for my BM66. I'm so glad I made the switch; it's so much quieter now.

Great, thanks!!

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

What’s the deal with the channel above the left outlane? Is that an extra path to the jackpot? Is it harder or easier with the pin next to it in the upper position?

After you knock down at least some of the F-A-B targets you can get the jackpot. The jackpot is usually after finishing a mode and depends on how well you did on a mode. If you don't cash it in initially and finish another mode it is worth 2x. If you finish 2 more modes it is worth 3x, etc. The ball usually runs down this channel after you hit the jackpot target and into the right in lane. There is a 100K bonus on the jackpot if you can get it without knocking down all the F-A-B targets. I assume you would still get this if you could hit it up through that channel without knocking down any of them but I would guess this is close to impossible.

I think the pin you talk about is for the out lane. Further up would make the ball easier to drain and thus more difficult.

Quoted from Cz-czar:

How do you get to higher levels on a song? Is it normal to hear an audible fan blowing during quiet parts of the game or between games? It’s louder than I would have expected.
Sorry for so many basic questions. Any handy references on the rule set?

Each song has some task you need to do (pops, spinner, loops, drop targets, or jackpots after completing an number of switch hits). After you do the task a certain number of times (e.g. hit the pops a number of times) it will go to the next level and that task is worth more. When you get to level 5 the value is maxed out and the mode is complete but you can still score points until it times out.

The fan is loud, as others have mentioned it is easily replaced with a quieter version.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Right, but they had to pick one to put over there. Of course it had to be Ringo. Lol.

Why not? Follow the example in place on the Meet The Beatles album cover.

From left to right: John, Paul, George, and Ringo. It was always "and Ringo".

R-833736-1330126205.jpeg (resized).jpgR-833736-1330126205.jpeg (resized).jpg

I still remember when they hit the scene. We neighborhood kids would look at this picture and try to learn who was who. Newspapers rattled on about their mop-top haircuts--that every adult in the country thought was an abomination. Everybody had their favorite Beatle. I recall one newspaper article quoting a girl saying," I don't care if they are four dogs. I love their music".

#480 4 years ago

I’m looking for a Beatles topper too. New or used. Hey Stern More Toppers Please
Pm me your crazy price. Thank you. Mike v

Added over 4 years ago:

Found a topper for a game my wife and I enjoy and consider a keeper. Thanks to the pinsider who advised on the holiday setting. Very cool.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

From left to right is John, George, Paul and Ringo.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

From left to right is John, George, Paul and Ringo.

Ooops. Can I blame my mistake on my advancing age

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ooops. Can I blame my mistake on my advancing age

Absolutely

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
I still remember when they hit the scene. We neighborhood kids would look at this picture and try to learn who was who. Newspapers rattled on about their mop-top haircuts--that every adult in the country thought was an abomination. Everybody had their favorite Beatle. I recall one newspaper article quoting a girl saying," I don't care if they are four dogs. I love their music".

Love it. Thanks for the info! The “and Ringo” info helps make sense of his placement on the pin.

Funny about the mop tops - nowadays that is relatively “clean cut” lol.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After you knock down at least some of the F-A-B targets you can get the jackpot. The jackpot is usually after finishing a mode and depends on how well you did on a mode. If you don't cash it in initially and finish another mode it is worth 2x. If you finish 2 more modes it is worth 3x, etc. The ball usually runs down this channel after you hit the jackpot target and into the right in lane. There is a 100K bonus on the jackpot if you can get it without knocking down all the F-A-B targets. I assume you would still get this if you could hit it up through that channel without knocking down any of them but I would guess this is close to impossible.
I think the pin you talk about is for the out lane. Further up would make the ball easier to drain and thus more difficult.

Each song has some task you need to do (pops, spinner, loops, drop targets, or jackpots after completing an number of switch hits). After you do the task a certain number of times (e.g. hit the pops a number of times) it will go to the next level and that task is worth more. When you get to level 5 the value is maxed out and the mode is complete but you can still score points until it times out.
The fan is loud, as others have mentioned it is easily replaced with a quieter version.

Very helpful. Thank you!

#486 4 years ago

Quick Pinside rules / standards question - wasn’t sure where else to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there’s a better place or good reference - didn’t see this in the FAQ.

So a game like the Beatles has 3 versions. But all 3 versions have the same game play and audio, and a lot of similar graphics. How do things like the ratings and score reporting work between the versions here? I have a platinum - do platinum ratings average into the overall for the game? When reporting scores, does it matter if you report for the correct game version? I’ve played both the platinum and gold, so I rated both. Is they appropriate?

Thanks!!

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Cz-czar:

Quick Pinside rules / standards question - wasn’t sure where else to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction if there’s a better place or good reference - didn’t see this in the FAQ.
So a game like the Beatles has 3 versions. But all 3 versions have the same game play and audio, and a lot of similar graphics. How do things like the ratings and score reporting work between the versions here? I have a platinum - do platinum ratings average into the overall for the game? When reporting scores, does it matter if you report for the correct game version? I’ve played both the platinum and gold, so I rated both. Is they appropriate?
Thanks!!

Didn’t read your rating but to be accurate the only thing that can be rated differently is art since every other feature is the same between the 3.

#488 4 years ago

Christmas - playing some Beatles but have not gotten the call out for holidays.

72E837FC-CFE8-449F-B88A-4BF3C1E85D84 (resized).jpeg72E837FC-CFE8-449F-B88A-4BF3C1E85D84 (resized).jpeg
#489 4 years ago

I haven’t heard any Christmas call outs either.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I haven’t heard any Christmas call outs either.

you do have to adjust the dates so am hoping that after I fixed that they may come up

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

you do have to adjust the dates so am hoping that after I fixed that they may come up

Set date and the option must be turned on as well.

#492 4 years ago

Set the proper date and time on your machine, then turn Audit 58 (I think or 54) to "on". It's not too late! The callouts last from December 12th to January 1st every year.
You'll get at least 1 holiday call out after every other game end. Wait until after the "match" screen to listen.

#493 4 years ago

Ah.....I don’t recall that I ever set the date and time when purchased. Thanks!

#494 4 years ago

My date/time are set and I never heard a holiday call out..

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Elf on the Shelf rat you out?

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You should...I’ve gotten plenty. You sure your just not missing them?

#497 4 years ago

Like others have stated you need to make sure your date is set correctly and the holiday callouts are turned on. There are quite a few, many of them are right after a game finishes so if you start a new game immediately you might miss them. I did a stream on twitch a week or two ago where many of the callouts could be heard.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Like others have stated you need to make sure your date is set correctly and the holiday callouts are turned on. There are quite a few, many of them are right after a game finishes so if you start a new game immediately you might miss them. I did a stream on twitch a week or two ago where many of the callouts could be heard.

I could have sworn I’ve heard 1 or two from Paul and John mid game when targets are hit under certain situations but not sure.

Most are after game over, love that stern did that.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I could have sworn I’ve heard 1 or two from Paul and John mid game when targets are hit under certain situations but not sure.
Most are after game over, love that stern did that.

Yep - I've been getting some "mid-game" as well over the music.

For those hearing none - adjust Audit 58 to "on".

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Yep - I've been getting some "mid-game" as well over the music.
For those hearing none - adjust Audit 58 to "on".

Don’t see anything under Audit menus (there are several sub-menus in there), but found this. Is that it? (I changed it to yes and set dates, but not sure I’m hearing anything.)

7C499761-7B68-49BA-9A94-EAFBF0739FE2 (resized).jpeg7C499761-7B68-49BA-9A94-EAFBF0739FE2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,282 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 8.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-beatlemania-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/10?hl=moobutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.