1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Joshjurg
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

ABBEY ROAD (1969)
Preview Video:
https://vimeo.com/786132524
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a9SEbtCphF7iEaJuSq66w5uTTj4qAXn3/view?usp=sharing

RUBBER SOUL (1965)
Preview Vid:
https://vimeo.com/785341218
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dTV8J2mfMemqFux1jGjTKha-_MTLjEGh/view?usp=sharing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on new Album Re-Themes for The Beatles, having really enjoyed the ones previously made for Sgt Pepper, The White Album and Revolver.

The re-themes will all use Version 1.20 of the code. This is Gold code, but should also work on Platinum and Diamond machines too.

As each album re-theme is completed, I will add the links in this OP.

First up is RUBBER SOUL (1965)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dTV8J2mfMemqFux1jGjTKha-_MTLjEGh/view?usp=sharing

Preview Vid:

Track List:
- The Word
- Drive My Car
- Norwegian Wood
- You Won’t See Me
- I’m Looking Through You
- Think For Yourself
- If I Needed Someone

Final Multiball/Wizard modes allow you to play the singles
- Day Tripper
- We Can Work It Out

All background vids have also been replaced, and now cover the Beatles entire career (1960-1970)

Upcoming Releases:
- Abbey Rd
- Let It Be
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Past Masters
- Help!
- Beatles For Sale
- A Hard Day's Night

#2 1 year ago

Super, love it. Keep up the great work!

#3 1 year ago

Thank you for doing these! I really appreciate it!

I know you will come close with Past Masters, but could I request a Beatles "1" compilation? I know there are too many Beatles hits, but due to the fast paced play of Pinball, could you do one with faster songs and no ballads? Thanks again.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you nvjc

#5 1 year ago

Wow, not being able to play the alt albums as code progressed was a factor in my choice to sell my Beatles… this post gives me some seller’s remorse. Even without the pin, I appreciate the effort and outcomes you are delivering here.

Bravo!

#6 1 year ago

Here is my second re-theme for The Beatles Pinball - Abbey Road! This code is once again using code version 1.20, and should be compatible with all 3 models.

Preview Video:

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a9SEbtCphF7iEaJuSq66w5uTTj4qAXn3/view?usp=sharing

Track List:
- Come Together
- She Came in Through The Bathroom Window
- Maxwell's Silver Hammer
- Octopus's Garden
- Here Comes The Sun
- I Want You (She's So Heavy)
- Golden Slumbers
- Carry That Weight/The End
- Something

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

Here is my second re-theme for The Beatles Pinball - Abbey Road! This code is once again using code version 1.20, and should be compatible with all 3 models.
Preview Video:
Download:
Track List:
- Come Together
- She Came in Through The Bathroom Window
- Maxwell's Silver Hammer
- Octopus's Garden
- Here Comes The Sun
- I Want You (She's So Heavy)
- Golden Slumbers
- Carry That Weight/The End
- Something

Awesome!!

#8 1 year ago

Any chance you will be updating the prior effort white album, sgt pepper, revolver to 1.20?
Appreciate any effort to continue this work
Thanks again

#9 1 year ago

Yes, I may do that at the end once the other albums are done.

#10 1 year ago

I don't have a lot of storage left on googledrive to host these once I keep making more. Anyone willing to be a file host and keep the links live so we can share all the albums long term? Let me know if you'd be willing to help.

#11 1 year ago

I sold my Beatles a while ago, but this was something I
I really hoped would happen.

Great job here. I hope to see a game in person with you new code someday.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

I don't have a lot of storage left on googledrive to host these once I keep making more. Anyone willing to be a file host and keep the links live so we can share all the albums long term? Let me know if you'd be willing to help.

I'd be happy to help. I'll PM you later today.

#13 1 year ago

Hi, if I have already updated code to 1.24 is there any way I can revert to these 1.20 variants still please?

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

Hi, if I have already updated code to 1.24 is there any way I can revert to these 1.20 variants still please?

Not sure sorry, I haven't tried that. Can anyone with newer code confirm?

2 weeks later
#15 1 year ago

Just got the Beatles and updated the latest code right away. It has IC. Am I out of luck in trying to retheme it?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Just got the Beatles and updated the latest code right away. It has IC. Am I out of luck in trying to retheme it?

Congrats.
What do you want to retheme it to exactly?

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Congrats.
What do you want to retheme it to exactly?

Thanks. I think I just want to be able to add different songs like some people have.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

ABBEY ROAD (1969)
Preview Video:
Download:
RUBBER SOUL (1965)
Preview Vid:
Download:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on new Album Re-Themes for The Beatles, having really enjoyed the ones previously made for Sgt Pepper, The White Album and Revolver.
The re-themes will all use Version 1.20 of the code. This is Gold code, but should also work on Platinum and Diamond machines too.
As each album re-theme is completed, I will add the links in this OP.
First up is RUBBER SOUL (1965)
Preview Vid:
Track List:
- The Word
- Drive My Car
- Norwegian Wood
- You Won’t See Me
- I’m Looking Through You
- Think For Yourself
- If I Needed Someone
Final Multiball/Wizard modes allow you to play the singles
- Day Tripper
- We Can Work It Out
All background vids have also been replaced, and now cover the Beatles entire career (1960-1970)
Upcoming Releases:
- Abbey Rd
- Let It Be
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Past Masters
- Help!
- Beatles For Sale
- A Hard Day's Night

Just a Post to say THANK YOU. All of the effort you put in to these rethemes is GREATLY appreciated. I Love my Beatles, and I think a big part of that is having these different choices of soundtracks to play to. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Just a Post to say THANK YOU. All of the effort you put in to these rethemes is GREATLY appreciated. I Love my Beatles, and I think a big part of that is having these different choices of soundtracks to play to. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Great to hear that, have you tried both Abbey rd and Rubber Soul? Did they both work ok?

Heads up, I've just moved house so things have slowed down on the editing front, but I'm planning to continue the project soon, using the latest code (Which is now compatible with pinball browser).

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

Great to hear that, have you tried both Abbey rd and Rubber Soul? Did they both work ok?
Heads up, I've just moved house so things have slowed down on the editing front, but I'm planning to continue the project soon, using the latest code (Which is now compatible with pinball browser).

Yes, I tried both. So great to have the variety. It’s such a fun game, but I believe these code options make it 10 times better. Thanks again.

#21 1 year ago

So thankful for your efforts on this, njvc. I have now tried every day for a week now, and am unsuccessful in downloading. File always stops somewhere about 4 gB in, and I either get a "forbidden" message, or a "Failed - check internet connection" message. Have slow internet and takes about an hour to get to 4 gB, though I also was unsuccessful at a local library where it has much faster internet and stated about 30 minutes remaining before auto canceling.

If you'd put programmed SD cards up for sale, I'd gladly purchase!

1 month later
#22 1 year ago

Just got a Beatles Gold at Code 1.24 so looking forward and appreciate your efforts njvc! Would be happy to donate some beer money for your work!

#23 1 year ago

these re-themes are amazing njvc - really appreciate all of the work you've put in, it adds so much to the game. Beyond the songs, videos and images, was there anything else you re-themed? are the call outs different?

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Speck:

these re-themes are amazing njvc - really appreciate all of the work you've put in, it adds so much to the game. Beyond the songs, videos and images, was there anything else you re-themed? are the call outs different?

No, the call outs are the same as the original. Only sound effects, music and videos/animations have been changed. Glad you're enjoying!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from njvc:

No, the call outs are the same as the original. Only sound effects, music and videos/animations have been changed. Glad you're enjoying!

I’ve been trying my hand at a changing some songs but switching sounds wasn’t working. After some conversation with the developer he confirmed that his latest version of pinball browser doesn’t work with Beatles code 1.20. It sounds like you’re working on some new re-themes so this is a heads up not to upgrade to his latest. Would you mind posting the last version of Pinball Browser so I can see if that will work for me? The version that’s working for you? It would be much appreciated.

1 month later
#26 11 months ago

Hey all, just a heads up I have organised a trade for my Beatles, so won't be working on these re-themes anymore. I'll keep the files online for the time being, but if anyone is happy to host them long term I would appreciate it. Cheers, James

#27 11 months ago

Very cool. Rubber Soul is my favorite Beatles album.

2 weeks later
#28 10 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just got a Beatles Gold at Code 1.24 so looking forward and appreciate your efforts njvc! Would be happy to donate some beer money for your work!

Hey ChewieC - you mentioned in this post that you’re at code 1.24. Are you able to use the rethemes? And they just downgrade the machine to 1.20 while the card is in then go back to 1.24 when you put the stern card back in?

#29 10 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Hey ChewieC - you mentioned in this post that you’re at code 1.24. Are you able to use the rethemes? And they just downgrade the machine to 1.20 while the card is in then go back to 1.24 when you put the stern card back in?

I haven't tried these on my machine. What worries me is that the updates also update the node firmware. A buddy of mine tried to "downgrade" his code for his Jurassic Park Pro (movie code)and it caused issues when he tried to boot up with multiple node board failures. It seems to be hit and miss but I am not going to take a chance unless it is on the current code that I am on. These look fantastic though and hopefully one day once all the code updates are finished for Beatles someone can create a ton of them for Beatles. Hope you are enjoying it Speck!

#30 10 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I haven't tried these on my machine. What worries me is that the updates also update the node firmware. A buddy of mine tried to "downgrade" his code for his Jurassic Park Pro (movie code)and it caused issues when he tried to boot up with multiple node board failures. It seems to be hit and miss but I am not going to take a chance unless it is on the current code that I am on. These look fantastic though and hopefully one day once all the code updates are finished for Beatles someone can create a ton of them for Beatles. Hope you are enjoying it Speck!

I had heard the same thing so I didn’t update. I’m just sticking with 1.20 so I can continue to change out the music. Regardless with the original music or rethemes an excellent game I play most every day.

#31 10 months ago

A lot of the updates were to implement Insider Connected.

So not worth it.

1 month later
#32 8 months ago

Checking in to see if anyone with 1.24 code has tried to load the above re-themes and been successful. I would live to change up my mix of songs.

1 week later
#33 8 months ago

I just picked up a Beatles and updated the software during set up to 1.25 code. I just found this thread and would love nothing more to be able to play more songs but will that be an issue? Has anyone with 1.24 or 1.25 software tried these re-theme packs? thanks!

#34 8 months ago
Quoted from Busta386:

I just picked up a Beatles and updated the software during set up to 1.25 code. I just found this thread and would love nothing more to be able to play more songs but will that be an issue? Has anyone with 1.24 or 1.25 software tried these re-theme packs? thanks!

I haven't seen any posts where someone has tried to load the themes onto a machine with software above 1.20. That being said, it's unclear how the re-themed SD cards interact with the software version that has been loaded onto the machine. I have cards re-themed SD cards with 1.20 and with 1.12. If I switch between them it updates the nodes and downgrades or upgrades the software to match the card. I would assume the same would happen on a machine that has been updated to 1.24 or 5 but can't be sure. Having the ability to change the music is what keeps this game in my collection, it might be worth a try if you're willing to take the risk.

#35 8 months ago

Update: I had v1.23 code on my Beatles and have since uploaded Abbey Road downgrading to v1.20 from this thread successfully. It accepted the v1.20 Abbey Road SD card and did updates without issue. Note: I do not have Insider Connect. There was mention in another thread about it possibly causing a node board failure, but in that instance they had Insider Connect and the updates beyond v1.20 have quite a few IC updates. I have all original node boards and bought my NIB Beatles about 3 years ago.

#36 8 months ago

Update: I had v1.23 code on my Beatles and have since uploaded Abbey Road downgrading to v1.20 from this thread successfully. It accepted the v1.20 Abbey Road SD card and did updates without issue. Note: I do not have Insider Connect. There was mention in another thread about it possibly causing a node board failure, but in that instance they had Insider Connect and the updates beyond v1.20 have quite a few IC updates. I have all original node boards and bought my NIB Beatles about 3 years ago.</blockquote

Nice! Enjoy the re-themes. I’ve gone a little crazy with them. I have a bunch of mixes that leave the videos but change out the music (which is really all I care about). Most are variations of favorite Beatles songs but I also made a Wings version, Queen and Tom Petty. I love the Beatles but it’s great to occasionally play the game to Fat Bottom Girls or We Are The Champions. The weird thing is that my highest scores by far are on my Queen mix - there’s something about the energy on those. I have scores in the 30 mil range on that SD card while on my Beatles mixes my highs are just above 10.

1 week later
#37 8 months ago
Quoted from Busta386:

I’m in the same situation. Have IC with latest code and want to add more songs but I’m afraid it might cause issues.

3 weeks later
#38 7 months ago

Got good news!

I tired njvc's 1.2 Abbey Road in my 1.25 pin and it booted, updated, and worked with no issues!

My Beatles pin was from the last production run. Got it NIB last month from another pinsider who had been sitting on it unopened. It came with an IC on the left side of the apron and code 1.2 stock. I updated over wifi to 1.25 before I found the threads about rethemes.

So hopefully this means for anyone with code after 1.20 can also use at least the 2 njvc rethemes without worrying about node failure.

I am also going to look into how Pinball Browser works and see if I can update some of VonPinball's other rethemes to 1.2 for those of us with 1.2 and higher code. I have no experience doing this so dont hold your breath and if anyone else has more experience and has any tips or wants to help please let me know. As long as it is not too hard or time consuming and actually works I will post links for yall.

#39 7 months ago
Quoted from Busta386:

Got good news!
I tired njvc's 1.2 Abbey Road in my 1.25 pin and it booted, updated, and worked with no issues!
My Beatles pin was from the last production run. Got it NIB last month from another pinsider who had been sitting on it unopened. It came with an IC on the left side of the apron and code 1.2 stock. I updated over wifi to 1.25 before I found the threads about rethemes.
So hopefully this means for anyone with code after 1.20 can also use at least the 2 njvc rethemes without worrying about node failure.
I am also going to look into how Pinball Browser works and see if I can update some of VonPinball's other rethemes to 1.2 for those of us with 1.2 and higher code. I have no experience doing this so dont hold your breath and if anyone else has more experience and has any tips or wants to help please let me know. As long as it is not too hard or time consuming and actually works I will post links for yall.

Tried using Njvc on my 1.25 Beatles with IC. Used a new 32gb sd card. It just says initializing, goes into main Beatles screen and keeps looping. So unfortunately couldn’t get it to work on mine. Switched back to stock sd card with no problems. I really wanted it to work. Maybe I’ll try writing the image again on the card.

Edit- tried it again on another sd card and same thing happens. Just loops in initializing/startup.

Edit 2- I tried burning the card with win32diskimager instead of etcher and it worked! I also made sure to properly disconnect the sd card from windows before removing it. I think it was etcher that was messing it up but who knows. It works no problems, node boards updated successfully. Thank you Busta386 for sharing his update success

1 month later
#40 5 months ago

My Beatles pin came with 1.10 code on it. It has rethemes for Sergeant Pepper's White album and revolver that work great. Will new rethemes for Abbey road and rubber soul work on it ? Do I need to update the code to 1.5 or 2.0 and will the themes I already have work on it then. Also is it worth it to update the code . Thanks for your advice.

#41 5 months ago

You don’t need to update the code - just pop in the cards and it will either upgrade or downgrade the code as needed. If you’re playing a 1.10 game and then put in a 1.2 coded game it will play it in 1.2 code, if you then want to play a 1.10 game it will play the game at 1.10. It just updates the node board.

#42 5 months ago

Has anyone modified the code to include more songs from the mid 60s? It would be nice to only hear taxman if you get to taxman. Etc.

#43 5 months ago

Thanks Speck. How do I get a hold of a chip with rubber soul and Abbey road? When you're talking about the chips a 2.5 code will still play on my game and when I put a 1.0 coated ship in that will play

#44 5 months ago

Search the forums for pinbrowser Beatles rethemes. There are two insiders who have made themes. They’re in different threads.

2 weeks later
#46 5 months ago

Can’t wait to try this

#47 4 months ago

If anyone could make me a chip with Abbey road and rubber soul and send it to me I would be glad to compensate you. Thanks

3 weeks later
#48 4 months ago

Does anyone have access to these files anymore? When I go to the Google Drive locations it says the files don't exist anymore.

2 weeks later
#49 3 months ago
Quoted from yemons:

Does anyone have access to these files anymore? When I go to the Google Drive locations it says the files don't exist anymore.

following - would love to add these to my beatles as well!!

1 month later
#50 55 days ago

If someone could share these with me it would be greatly appreciated! Happy to tip via PayPal for your troubles!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,282 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-album-re-themes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.