5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by roffels
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I was just thinking that Stern did an "Elvis" pin on his 50th anniversary in music;(1954-2004).

Now they are doing the Ford "Mustang" pin for its 50th anniversary;(1964-2014)..I hear now on my

local radio station that it's the "Beatles" 50th anniversary(1964-2014) of their coming to America..

There's a lot of stations and cover groups here using this fact as a promotion for their business.

To me it would be a no brainer for Stern or Jersey Jack's next pin. I wonder though how hard the

license would be to get.Maybe I am missing something? Any thoughts people?

#2 5 years ago

Beatlemania is alive and well. If they are making a music pin I would go for Pink Floyd, Zepplin or Beatles.

#3 5 years ago

Closest thing I can think of, off the top of my head, to a Beatles pinball is "Beat Time", featuring The Bootles. If you have never played one or seen one, look it up. I have played it. More fun to stare at the backglass than to play!!!

I am the only person that has put High Scores up on here for it. Here is the link...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/beat-time

#4 5 years ago

How many years did it take to get beatles on itunes, 10 years? Even if the beatles rights owners were willing to license it for a pinball machine, imagine what the license would cost?

#5 5 years ago

imagine what the license would cost?

Pun intended or no?

#6 5 years ago

A Beatles license would be a huge coup by any of the pin manufacturers. With the imagery and themes of Beatles records and songs, the possibilities for playfield toys and modes are endless. And this is aside from the fact that the Beatles are the biggest thing that popular music has ever seen.

#7 5 years ago

Paul would probably love it. He's a populist and a pub whore and who can blame him? But he only has 25% say in a business entity that requires 100% agreement. He's pretty cool about it too when you consider that he was basically the driving force of the band (John too of course, but not after Revolver) and yet Macca has the same say as Yoko, Olivia Harrison and Ringo. That's just wrong.

#8 5 years ago

Well, it's no secret that Trudeau has always wanted to do a Beatles themed pinball. Even in the Bally/Williams 90's he was basically told "forget it." Now, while I'm only in my mid 30's and, hence, never experienced what it was like to live in the 60's and sit by a radio to wait for one of their songs to come on, they were just about all I listened to growing up in the 80's. While other kids I went to school with listened to Michael Jackson, I followed my dad's interests and loved music from the late 50's into the 60's. I would covet a Beatles themed pin. Modes that revolve around their music spanning from the early days to the break up of the greatest band ever would work pretty well, IMO. Thinking realistically, I believe they're still too expensive for Stern to acquire and that's a shame. Listening to The Beatles always brings me up when I'm down. To combine that with a pinball would be wonderful thing indeed.

This is a photo I took of one of my dad's old scratched up 45's. I call it "Loved" as it is a great representation of something that has been used again and again.image.jpg

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

A Beatles license would be a huge coup by any of the pin manufacturers. With the imagery and themes of Beatles records and songs, the possibilities for playfield toys and modes are endless. And this is aside from the fact that the Beatles are the biggest thing that popular music has ever seen.

A wide body for sure with all those possibilities.Getting the call outs right would be tricky with those Liverpool accents.

#10 5 years ago

The Beatles were and always will be the kings of Rock N Roll! I would love to see a pinball machine honoring what they were.

#11 5 years ago

They did do a Beatles Rock Band release a couple years ago though. I'm sure the families got some good money but still, if they did that it can't be too unobtainable.

#12 5 years ago

After Elvis and Rolling Stones I doubt Stern would even be remotely interested in doing a Beatles pin. The following may be huge, but they don't buy pinball machines. I know of a 60's retro shop that bought 3 Elvis games because they figured there would be a huge demand. They ended up giving them away as main price in a raffle / lottery as nobody was interested.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

They did do a Beatles Rock Band release a couple years ago though. I'm sure the families got some good money but still, if they did that it can't be too unobtainable.

they also forked out huge amounts of money for it. So much in fact, that the rockband set for the beatles version, was $100 more expensive than any of the others. Pauls not licensing it cheap. Especially if they want to cherry pick songs.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

They did do a Beatles Rock Band release a couple years ago though.

That game was great!
    Imagine they could use animations and the artwork set from this game on a Beatles themed Pin Playfield and LCD:

#15 5 years ago

I'm in on a Beatles pin!

#16 5 years ago

Very Cool

But not for me thanks : )

Bring on Maiden !

4 years later
    #17 11 months ago

Wow this was a waste of 4 years of wondering. Just when stern did good with I'M and DP they do this. Pass

#18 11 months ago

Haha, wow. Stern captured nothing I want out of pinball or the Beatles with this release, and I like pinball and the Beatles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside