(Topic ID: 110283)

The Ball isn't Just Wild, it's Weird

By Gemini

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I just had the strangest failed live catch ever. I flip the flipper just as the ball meets it and boom, the ball sticks to the flipper just like it should with any good live catch!... but only for a full second, cause then the ball just bounced right back up entirely on its own accord! o_O

Heck, during my second league night ever I was playing Party Zone and the ball ended up powering up the right inlane, started to roll over the metal wireform towards the outlane... and then came to a stop... balanced perfectly on top of the tip of the wireform separating the inlane and outlane. It took a surprising amount of shaking to get it loose again!

There was also that catch in one of the recent tournaments where the ball bounced off of the skirt, JUMPED over an up-flipped flipper, and landed right on it like it was meant to be there, and absolutely everyone watching had to take a couple seconds to visually comprehend what just happened! :O

So I'm curious what other extremely weird pinball movements players have experienced. I'm not talking like, balls going where they're not supposed to, I mean balls moving around in ways that really don't look like it should be physically possible!

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I also remember having 2 balls trapped on one flipper, but with one ball perched directly on top of the other ball. Pretty freaky....

I recently read about that one, it even has a name: The "Snowman"!

http://funwithbonus.com/new-pinball-dictionary-snowman/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ball-isnt-just-wild-its-weird?tu=Gemini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.