(Topic ID: 137153)

The "BAD" Part Of This Pinball Hobby ...

By DB62

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DB62
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-08-28_at_11.25.51_AM.png
    image.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Honestly though, its a little hard to downplay how poor you are when you have $30,000 in pinball machines. Just because you don't go on vacations or go out to eat a lot doesn't mean anything. You've traded these aspects of life for an arcade.
    Just don't get all upset when assumes you have money. You do, its just locked up in your basement.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just because they might be worth that now, that doesn't mean that is what someone originally paid for them.

Yeah...but if he sold them now, he'd be LOADED.

#52 8 years ago

DB62, honestly, your complaint seems kind of bizarre to me. jfesler's comment was pretty innocuous and i don't think he meant any harm. it seems to me like you might have some unresolved rage or anxiety regarding your pin collection and perhaps how it relates to your family's economic state (just a guess). i say this because you seem to have zeroed in on a couple words most people wouldn't have noticed, and felt compelled to respond by creating a new thread calling him out, and writing a long and emotional justification of something nobody was really questioning.

edit: glad to see you guys have made up.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Maybe it's just me but this seems like a really silly thing to get all worked up about.

if someone said that to me i would have taken it as a complement, they were impressed with the value of my collection, not that they were being judgmental

#54 8 years ago

Apologies made on both sides
    Happy ending... time to move on and bring beer, pizza and ice cream... 6 pm here and I am starving already.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

DB62, honestly, your complaint seems kind of bizarre to me. jfesler's comment was pretty innocuous and i don't think he meant any harm. it seems to me like you might have some unresolved rage or anxiety regarding your pin collection and perhaps how it relates to your family's economic state. i say this because you seem to have zeroed in on a couple words most people wouldn't have noticed, and felt compelled to respond by creating a new thread calling him out, and writing a long and emotional justification of something nobody was really questioning.
    edit: glad to see you guys have made up.

Ummmm doctor, thanks for your advice, but I have NO unresolved rage or NO problems with how it relates to my family's economic state at ALL.

There is that assuming and judgement thing again!

#56 8 years ago

Lordloss apparently doesn't want you to stop over for some pin fun. The doucheyness is funny.

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 11.25.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-28 at 11.25.51 AM.png

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Problem is that your invisiglass has nutsack marks all over it.

One thing I love about Pinside is finding out the new and remarkable ways people play pinball.

#58 8 years ago

To the tread starter, if that comment bothered you this much then you have bigger issues in life to deal with. Seriously, this is the internet, come on board with some thicker skin. So he made an off-the-cuff remark. It doesn't impact your life unless you let it.

Too many whiners.

just my $.02

P.S. please do not start a new thread over my reply.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from CitznFish:

To the tread starter, if that comment bothered you this much then you have bigger issues in life to deal with. Seriously, this is the internet, come on board with some thicker skin. So he made an off-the-cuff remark. It doesn't impact your life unless you let it.
    Too many whiners.
    just my $.02
    P.S. please do not start a new thread over my reply.

The irony of people whining about whining never fails to amuse me

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinworthy:

The irony of people whining about whining never fails to amuse me

You should probably look up the definition of whining because you clearly do not know it. Were you home schooled?

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from CitznFish:

You should probably look up the definition of whining because you clearly do not know it. Were you home schooled?

Ok tread starter! Lol!

#62 8 years ago

"Bad"

#63 8 years ago

Big yawn. Time to drain it.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from CitznFish:

According to Merriam-Webster, "whine" can be defined as " to complain in an annoying way"
    You came into a thread ( not tread) and were so troubled by the OP's complaint that you felt the need to complain about it ... I'm going to say whining covers it pretty well. Maybe you should heed your own advise and not let what you read bother you.

#65 8 years ago

Anyone that posts drain thread, just fucking do it. Don't post about it and look like a little bitch. Your shit is pathetic. Man the fuck up.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone that posts drain thread, just fucking do it. Don't post about it and look like a little bitch. Your shit is pathetic. Man the fuck up.

EXACTLY!!!

And, it is NOT a smart idea to mess around with the "FLANKSTER"!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-bad-part-of-this-pinball-hobby/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.