avengers3.jpg
avengers2.jpg
avengers1.jpg
MB--_Look-n_Good_!!!.jpg
Monster_Bash_-.jpg
nOm1O.gif
Captain_America.jpg
!!!!hulk.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Thats what I was saying one good version of the game for $5k range. Or sell am official stern premium upgrade kit for pros separately for $1499.00 You could keep making kits as long as demand is their long after the game is out of production. Operators that bought pros could buy kits or the people that buy routed games could buy the upgrade kits. Makes sense.

Stern should also start making their own official mods for games, Could make a killing and nice extra business, They already have better sourcing then the home brew guys.

#52 11 years ago

Am I the only one that hated the movie? Makes it hard for me to be excited for the pin. Though it will be interesting to see if Gomez has any new tricks.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

kept debating back and forth. just ordered my first NIB, TRON a few minutes ago from JJ.
Avengers is my dream theme, but TRON is a proven game that I already know I love.
I'm hoping its great and forces me to start saving for NIB #2, but no way would I order one without playing it.
now where are the damn playfield pix already?!

good call on tron. IMHO sterns best machine.

#54 11 years ago

Heck, as long as the LE ships with the Stern embossed dremel, I'm in.

#55 11 years ago

As I livin the uk I have priced the le xmen from dollars to British pounds and found out our pro is the same amount as the le in the USA.

#56 11 years ago

Found a vid on the web about something with George Gomez early oct this year
http://funwithbonus.com/area-52/
When watched vid their was a nib le TF I thought they were discontinued for a le

#57 11 years ago

Really want to like this. Avengers is a great theme. Then I think about Xmen software and I cringe and shake and lie in the fetal position.

#58 11 years ago

If Avengers has a big Loki bash toy I'm gonna snap.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Am I the only one that hated the movie? Makes it hard for me to be excited for the pin. Though it will be interesting to see if Gomez has any new tricks.

Looking at the box office totals you may be. (:

#60 11 years ago

Had a idea that Thor could use his hammer to smash the Playfield as his hammer is lightening is a seance when is hits the Playfield it could magnetise the ball aka magnet just a thought

#61 11 years ago

I like the way Jersey Jack is doing it. Gameplay is the same on all machines. Extra stuff for LE. On any machine you should be able to buy the extra stuff to upgrade. Just my 2 cents

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Had a idea that Thor could use his hammer to smash the Playfield as his hammer is lightening is a seance when is hits the Playfield it could magnetise the ball aka magnet just a thought

The problem being is JJP isnt targeting the general Operator market. He is targeting more of the Enthusiast market place, which is why he doesn't need to offer a Lower priced "Pro" Model.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I like the way Jersey Jack is doing it. Gameplay is the same on all machines. Extra stuff for LE. On any machine you should be able to buy the extra stuff to upgrade. Just my 2 cents

So you want all machines to start at 7k??

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I just hope the playfield focuses on the Avengers characters and not that Loki guy. That character is awful.

I mean, Loki has always been one for mischief, but you're talking about something else entirely.

#65 11 years ago

You want me to put the hammer DOWN?????

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So you want all machines to start at 7k??

I said the way the gameplay is the same...nothing to do with his pricing. I personally think pins should be in the $4-5 range. Let's get em' back on route....

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

nothing to do with his pricing.

What? You cant say that. His pricing is exactly why you get all the features.

But yes, I too want a WOZ for 5k....

#68 11 years ago

That's not what I mean. I'm not being clear. Let's say Stern comes out with an Avengers LE. I think you should be able to get a Standard model (one that might go on route) and be able to buy all the stuff to make it an LE. If it's missing a toy, you should be able to buy that...shaker motor, topper, etc.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's not what I mean. I'm not being clear. Let's say Stern comes out with an Avengers LE. I think you should be able to get a Standard model (one that might go on route) and be able to buy all the stuff to make it an LE. If it's missing a toy, you should be able to buy that...shaker motor, topper, etc.

Now I am on board ; )

#70 11 years ago

I just bought a new car to go along with my future Avengers Hulk LE. I thought it would make a good family car for the little one and the upcoming baby.

!!!!hulk.jpg!!!!hulk.jpg

#71 11 years ago

Stern had a status updat that said "Who is the Ultimate Avenger?"

I said "Jack Guarnieri".

It was deleted.

#72 11 years ago

Go figure !

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

And making the small runs for LE models. Just think about it, makes no sense at all to anyone with manufacturing background.

Thank You........I totally agree and this is why Stern is foolish!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

The problem being is JJP isnt targeting the general Operator market. He is targeting more of the Enthusiast market place, which is why he doesn't need to offer a Lower priced "Pro" Model.

He actually is targeting them, but in a different way. He's not doing it with a lesser $4600 machines missing features, instead offering a $7000 fully featured machine. Jack is famous for saying "The cost of a machine doesn't matter, only how much it earns!"

Whether or not his plan will work, we will find out soon. But he's definitely building a machine he hopes to see on location making money for operators, even going so far as to offer free bill acceptors for ops.

I agree with the sentiment of one model playfield, one software, and who cares how many different editions of window trim LEs are made. Though, I'lll say, the Pro-Premium-LE model system for ACDC seemed to work out very well.

Time will tell which system works best.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I said "Jack Guarnieri".
It was deleted.

Shocking...we're you blocked from their site too. Stern is all about oppressing free speech.

#76 11 years ago

I bet it won't be as good as the Zen Avengers table.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Shocking...we're you blocked from their site too. Stern is all about oppressing free speech.

Free speech on a site used for advertising. Please. Be half smart here guys.

#78 11 years ago

Free speech? Some people don't understand fundamental Constitutional definitions. Nor where they do and don't apply. And they vote. F.a.c.e.p.a.l.m.

#79 11 years ago

1) 10 bucks says the LE's will sell out.
2) 10 bucks says that at least one person who just badmouthed the pin will have no self control and pre-order it.
3) 10 bucks says this will be a fun one =)

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I said "Jack Guarnieri".
It was deleted.

That is Classic!!!!

Just awesome, nice one

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I could get onboard with most of that as well for the most part. I think the could sell the added things for more so you save money if you buy the LE. But at least they could be available. The problem is in things like the lighting. Replacing all the bulb harnesses with led boards. There's not a real clean way to do that. And in the case of say acdc, there's no way to cut out the angus face and have a lower pf added without impacting ball movement. And it would suck for designers to have to design with these thoughts limiting them.

#82 11 years ago

From AMD (Australian distrubter's Facebook)

Greetings Pinball Fans!!
At last we can give you some details about Stern’s next pinball model.
It is ‘Avengers’, designed from the movies, not the comic book art.
Gary will make 2 x Limited Edition versions in December with a small quantity of Pro and the Premium versions in the new year.
We will receive both L.E. versions early in the new year and they will be much the same price as X-Men L.E’s - deposits required with your order.
I have no photo’s or details of features and cannot set the final price as yet. These details will be available in about 10 days!
Please contact us if you are interested – we have been allocated a very small quantities of both L.E’s so first in guarantees supply!

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from collin_m:

Gary will make 2 x Limited Edition versions in December with a small quantity of Pro and the Premium versions in the new year.

I hope the "Premium" part of this is true. I think the Pro version for operators, Premium for enthusiasts and LE for the "love the theme have to have it" crowd works well.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Exactly Ted....it seems to me it would be a much more efficient way to produce the pins as well! Here is the base model car and then the one with all the upgrades, yet they drive the same

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No you are not. I thought the movie was lame as well. I had to watch it twice with my kids as well. I'm over the super hero stuff. At the rate the zombie stuff is coming out, I will be over them in around 6 months as well.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from collin_m:

Premium versions in the new year.

I home the premium part is not just a way to strip the Pro and not make it play like the others.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I home the premium part is not just a way to strip the Pro and not make it play like the others.

why wouldnt it be.. If that Australian info holds true.. its going to be like ACDC.. So pro will probably have lokis face on the playfield and no drop targets

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I hope the "Premium" part of this is true. I think the Pro version for operators, Premium for enthusiasts and LE for the "love the theme have to have it" crowd works well.

Ditto. I hope they do a Premium as I will need to play first before slapping down cash. I also hope the price is not over the ACDC Premium level. That's about as much as I wanna go on a game.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

why wouldnt it be.. If that Australian info holds true.. its going to be like ACDC.. So pro will probably have lokis face on the playfield and no drop targets

Now that made me laugh. But I hope it is not true.
I like AC/DC but I would still like to see it be more like the Tron pro LE model not how they did AC/DC.

#90 11 years ago

Next week/weekend will be exciting in Orlando.

I'll be reporting from IAAPA show as well as the Southern Pinball Festival
the same weekend on our youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/user/904PinballZine

#91 11 years ago

IF anything Avengers is there I'll probably post that first...

#92 11 years ago

After the disaster of TF a premium makes sense, the suckers will buy up the LEs like always and if Gomez hasn't dropped this time like with TF then everyone else can buy up a full feature premium. Avengers is a sure fire theme for me (then again so was TF) so having a premium is great news gives me a chance to try before I buy as I only have the confidence currently to buy SR and Borg games blind.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I care more about grammar correction than spell check these days...
"we're you blocked?"
sigh.....................

If your excuse was smart phone functionality, great excuse

For The Record! It's called moderation brainy smurf.
They have the right to delete anything from their page
just like you do on your facebook page.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

On Loki: I don't think you guys realize how much you like him..You Are Supposed To Hate him!!!
I love how the avengers rip on him ("reindeer games", "puny god") and again..the actor does a great job!! Still not feeling me? Watch the scene where he is in the hulk proof cell and unleashes his silver tongue on Black Widow!

But the BW was playing him. She knew what she was doing the whole time.And, she is smokin hot too.

#95 11 years ago

I was talking to a distributor today and he told me that they are supposed to be getting Avengers in stock in mid December???? That sounded early to me but he said thats what hes been told..

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I care more about grammar correction than spell check these days...
"we're you blocked?"
sigh.....................
If your excuse was smart phone functionality, great excuse
For The Record! It's called moderation brainy smurf.
They have the right to delete anything from their page
just like you do on your facebook page.

"For the Record!" Huh? You care about grammar? Ok. Mine was the iPhone...yours was just you.

And yes, they do have the right to do whatever they want...I'm not totally serious you know, but I would respect them more if they left the comments up.

#97 11 years ago

will play before pay on sterns, no incentive to deliver finished code

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

You know I have found on some pins less turned out to be a better playing experience so there is a flip side to that. They could try to add too much to the basic design and make it play worse and or have reliability issues. I would much prefer for Stern focus on making one bad ass playing model then bling one out with trim, backglass, art, upgraded speakers and other stuff that does not affect gameplay.

#99 11 years ago

Ok ready for next title and to see what they do with there games once WOZ comes out.

#100 11 years ago

Do you guys think this game will be Monster Bash version 2.0 ? It is a Gomez game, MB was his most popular title, right around the same amount of characters (5 or 6.) MB is a proven game that stood the test of time and remains one of the most sought after games of all time.

I am new to the hobby but from what I have read in this thread and others is he bombed on Transformers don't you think he might play it safe and design a game almost identical to MB? Mind you MB is my "holy grail" game and I cannot find one for a price I am willing to jump at so it may be wishful thinking on my part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-avengers-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.