avengers3.jpg
avengers2.jpg
avengers1.jpg
MB--_Look-n_Good_!!!.jpg
Monster_Bash_-.jpg
nOm1O.gif
Captain_America.jpg
!!!!hulk.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

What do we know about the george gomez avengers pinball by stern

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What do we know about the george gomez avengers pinball by stern

That Stern will probably try and knock one out of the park. Probably two or three versions with Pro and LE's.

Jason will post that it will be worth $10K by Christmas.

And George probably has more budget or freedom than a few years back. So he'll have worked hard to make it a great game.

I'd bet on an even split between great eye candy and great game play. A fun version of the two.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

All signs point to a mini-playfield that doesn't do much, a fan layout which, when superimposed on LoTR's shot map, looks frighteningly similar, lots of stand-up targets, and at least one rookie mistake of mechanical engineering that will require an afterthought of a "fix."

#5 11 years ago

I'm very curious about this one! Wonder when the announcement will come.

#6 11 years ago

Don't forget at least a year for a decent code update.

Cough :TF: Cough

#7 11 years ago

Wonder how many topics we will have started on this....

#8 11 years ago

I just hope the playfield focuses on the Avengers characters and not that Loki guy. That character is awful.

#9 11 years ago

Tough crowd...

#10 11 years ago

Are you kidding? Loki is a great bad guy. You at least have to admit that the actor does a great job

#11 11 years ago

I'd think it would have one magnet one upper pf and three flippers two ramps.
gotta try to keep up with JJP somehow.

#12 11 years ago

agree with eric in that hopefully they avoid loki.....annnnnd opt to make the hulk the main bashy type toy on the playfield. but think about what could be done with each avenger....thor's hammer and captain america's shield come to mind as what could be cool toys/mechs.

#13 11 years ago

I expect the game to not be a fan layout and offer something new.

Will it be a great game ala LOTR or MB. I would think not. I'm interested in the theme though have doubts about any LE model judging from recent LE machines.

I think a LE version at this time will not sell well as I imagine most of us may have purchased AC/DC or Xmen.

I really wish Stern would stick to PRO only or PRO and 1 LE. Maybe if this does not sell well they may change the model. I will not be buying it without playing it first.

#14 11 years ago

Will it have buggy code like X-Men?

#15 11 years ago

A reverse layout of transformers with double the hype, double the promises, double the price and somehow half as fun.

signed,
disgruntled transformers purchaser (lol)

#16 11 years ago

After TF, I've lost my confidence in Gomez. He oversold TF LE and didn't deliver.

I hope it is a great game, but I wouldn't place a bet on it.

Duane

#17 11 years ago

The real question is...will this thread reach 7,000 posts?

#18 11 years ago

i bet hulk hits the pf and the machine has a shaker for that effect ( )..... but only if you buy the LE... cuzz the pro probably doesn't even have a hulk figure.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

i bet hulk hits the pf and the machine has a shaker for that effect ( )..... but only if you buy the LE...

I think this is likely 100% accurate.

#20 11 years ago

Scarlett Johansson

#21 11 years ago

why oh why cant they go back to the Black Spiderman LE days.. make a good game and then sell a special trimmed/ cabinet version that is still worth more than the reg.. but no sacrifices on game play.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

why oh why cant they go back to the Black spiderman LE days.. make a good game and then sell a special trimmed/ cabinet version that is still worth more than the reg.. but no sacrifices on game play.

+ 100000000

the fact that there is a game that you probably will never see is frustrating. because le's just go into peeps houses, so or you know a friend who has it or you will never play it :s

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

i bet hulk hits the pf and the machine has a shaker for that effect ( )..... but only if you buy the LE... cuzz the pro probably doesn't even have a hulk figure.

It will have a plastic hulk cut out instead.

#24 11 years ago

i'm ok with premiums as well, don't do another x-men where playfield toys are exclusive, let trim signatures and mirrored backglasses be exclusive, not gameplay elements

#25 11 years ago

Over this super hero theme! Not pre-ordering

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Scarlett Johansson

If they have Black Widow Edition I will buy it even if the game sucks.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If they have Black Widow Edition I will buy it even if the game sucks.

Now you are talking

Will be a Hulk multiball where the table rumbles and something falls apart - like EarthShaker maybe??

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

After TF, I've lost my confidence in Gomez. He oversold TF LE and didn't deliver.
I hope it is a great game, but I wouldn't place a bet on it.
Duane

I think that's a fair statement, but Will Wright did the same thing with Spore, and Peter Molyneux definitely did the same thing with some of his titles. And let's not even get into John Romero...

Even the greatest minds can't run at 100% hits. I give him the benefit of the doubt here, and look forward to seeing what comes of it.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

that Loki guy. That character is awful.

Agreed, biggest disappointment of Avengers was LOKI, really Loki??? I was sick of him the first time I watched Thor. Hulk smashing loki was the best part of that movie, Puny god!

#30 11 years ago

On Loki: I don't think you guys realize how much you like him..You Are Supposed To Hate him!!!
I love how the avengers rip on him ("reindeer games", "puny god") and again..the actor does a great job!! Still not feeling me? Watch the scene where he is in the hulk proof cell and unleashes his silver tongue on Black Widow!

#31 11 years ago

He is a good actor no doubt, just the character blows for whatever reason, crybaby little brother...

#32 11 years ago

Oh and get used to him as I noticed on IMDB that he is slated for Thor2 and I believe avengers2!!

#33 11 years ago

I'll take Loki over that retarded army from the worm hole save for the whale like creatures!!

#34 11 years ago

Exactly why I will never buy an LE. If people keep pre-ordering them, Stern will keep making them. There is simply no incentive to go back to one model since they got a taste of the collectors money.

Quoted from EmptyLogic:

why oh why cant they go back to the Black spiderman LE days.. make a good game and then sell a special trimmed/ cabinet version that is still worth more than the reg.. but no sacrifices on game play.

#35 11 years ago

A price increase is the only guarantee. +20000000 on Steve's statement.

#36 11 years ago

kept debating back and forth. just ordered my first NIB, TRON a few minutes ago from JJ.

Avengers is my dream theme, but TRON is a proven game that I already know I love.

I'm hoping its great and forces me to start saving for NIB #2, but no way would I order one without playing it.

now where are the damn playfield pix already?!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

So this has been beaten to death. So you are proposing what, that pros stop existing and that the base model is around $6000 with nothing on the $4500 range? Or you are proposing that stern lowers its prices and starts producing premium type games at a price you want to pay? They arent going to do that. Therefore, the current model of them making a better models with more play features is the only compromise that makes sense here. It's way better than trying to strip out game features to keep at a $4500 base range. JJP has no pro model. All they have is premium and LE. If you think that's better, then simply ignore the existence of the stern pro model.

Quoted from GravitaR:

A price increase is the only guarantee. +20000000 on Steve's statement.

Why do you assume the prices will increase? The LE prices seem somewhat flat since tron. The xmen LE was $300 more than acdc premium but $1000 less than acdc LE. The prices do not increase with each pin.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

why oh why cant they go back to the Black spiderman LE days.. make a good game and then sell a special trimmed/ cabinet version that is still worth more than the reg.. but no sacrifices on game play

+1
That would be great!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I just hope the playfield focuses on the Avengers characters and not that Loki guy. That character is awful.

Not me, he is a great character and was played well by a very talented actor.

#40 11 years ago

Gary will be releasing details after the IAAPA Show
Confirmed 2 LE models

#41 11 years ago

wonder if loki will be on the playfield but have that gomez look

#42 11 years ago

Operators cant afford to operate 6k plus pinballs, new pins on location will die of thats the price point. But as an operator I would rather pay 5k for a pin that is better that what stern is considering pro's these days. Although the pro model of Xmen is a way better value than the LE and earns great.

#43 11 years ago

AC/DC and Xmen are both good games in the Pro version. And word is LEDS will come at that level too. Thats a decent game for that price point and just right for routing.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why do you assume the prices will increase? The LE prices seem somewhat flat since tron. The xmen LE was $300 more than acdc premium but $1000 less than acdc LE. The prices do not increase with each pin.

Every pin since Tron has gone up in the LE department. Tron LE was 5500, TFLE was 5800, ACDC LE was 6700 (Premium 6K) and then they backed it down to 6600 for Xmen but minus a shaker. Those are preorder (but not counting loyalty discounts) prices. Pros have gone up too, just not as dramatically. I fully expect the next LE to be more than Xmen. I hope I'm wrong as it is getting pretty steep.

#45 11 years ago

Im still in amazement that the playfield slides and protective side rails were cut for pros and lockdown mechanisms, when looking at is as a manufacturing stand point it does not make economical sense since the more you have made the better price you get. And making the small runs for LE models. Just think about it, makes no sense at all to anyone with manufacturing background.

#46 11 years ago

Xmen was a good game but too dam hard. Am I dreaming or is it possible that they will release a game that is not a random monster like ACDC or has tough shots like Xmen and that will have the code 95% complete at the time of release???

#47 11 years ago

I'd bet they could sell way more LE's if they raised the LE limit from the present 250 level. Stern's cutting into their own profit margins by not making more available. Why not say they are going to make (Imaginary figure) of an LE and manufacture them in waves as they are sold. Would seem like a better business model by allowing them to sell more machines and getting games to people that don't pre-order. No risk to Stern's bottom line at all, if they happen to have left over toys just give them out at factory tours or substitute parts like they have for the reruns of Tron.

Here's to hoping Stern can hit it out of the park like they did with Ac/Dc.

#48 11 years ago

Loki reminds me of Serpentor when he is riding one of those Chitari things

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Im still in amazement that the playfield slides and protective side rails were cut for pros and lockdown mechanisms, when looking at is as a manufacturing stand point it does not make economical sense since the more you have made the better price you get. And making the small runs for LE models. Just think about it, makes no sense at all to anyone with manufacturing background.

opened a tron yesterday and yeah ... total agreement there. was in shock actually when we saw them!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'd bet they could sell way more LE's if they raised the LE limit from the present 250 level. Stern's cutting into their own profit margins by not making more available. Why not say they are going to make (Imaginary figure) of an LE and manufacture them in waves as they are sold. Would seem like a better business model by allowing them to sell more machines and getting games to people that don't pre-order. No risk to Stern's bottom line at all, if they happen to have left over toys just give them out at factory tours or substitute parts like they have for the reruns of Tron.
Here's to hoping Stern can hit it out of the park like they did with Ac/Dc.

Actually I think they are cutting into their profits by not doing a premium model like ACDC. Not everyone needs a backglass, special power coat trim, certificate, etc. They can sell 500 LE versions but they can then make an unlimited number of premium models and not cut items out of the playfield.

What they shoud really do is drop the LE/pro diversity and make one game. When they have a hit, release a limited run with special trim, backglass, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-avengers-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.