Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hulk_flips_001.jpg
IMG_2028.JPG
006.JPG
026.JPG
100_0185.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

OP. Listing all the elements of the game and describing them all as 'excellent' and all the problems as 'not bothering me' isn't a particularly convincing argument.

I've only played the Pro myself in a loud room so I'm only judging the feel and layout but I found it very tough and unenjoyable. On videos it looks similar and I find the sound package uninspiring.

#28 10 years ago

I'd like to have a proper go on a Premium one day. I might actually be tempted to pick one up for a decent price in a couple of years but it would have to be cheap. Maybe an Xmen too if they improve the software more.

#44 10 years ago

I know this has been discussed but I never really understood what the differences were all about on the LE. I mean, obviously there's a great big crossover sword ramp and the middle section of the Black Widow (is it?) ramp lifts up during certain modes. I guess I was wondering what the point was and how they affected gameplay especially the ramp lifting up; all I can see that doing is blocking the ramp shot. What happens when you shoot the ramp and the section is lifted?

Can someone explain the whole Hulk section too. I see 4 drop targets, a hole and I beleive there is a switch under a panel in front of the Hulk too.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I just may have to sell this game, it is either that or sell all the others since it is the only game in my lineup that is getting played.
Once you assemble all of the Avengers all hell breaks loose.
If it wasn't so good I wouldn't have spent the time to tweak it and just flipped it.
I got a few offers for cash and trades at PAGG so some people must have liked it.
I have only made it to AotH once then choked and drained.
If you don't like No Fear then don't bother with this game, the shots are tight and if you brick them it hands you your ass in short order.
The light show and sound package are great and the thing about not seeing the Thor targets and the Loki lanes are part of the design.
If you haven't played one that is dialed in then you haven't played the game.
I have a buddy that plays my new Sterns but he does it to placate me before moving on to AFM but when he saw this one he said WTF is this and is hooked on it and didn't fire up the AFM.
"You're not gonna sell this one are you"?
No, I am not selling this one.
Same thing with my son, he hasn't played his Shrek since this game showed up.
It plays like crap out of the box, the shooter lane is floppy and the ball rattles it's way up and seldom makes it to the rollovers, that was the first thing I fixed then on to the sluggish pop nest.
The spinner was a brick and even good shots to the BW ramp were rejected, that has been fixed and now that shot is a ripper and the spinner just screams.
A lot of this is just your standard Stern tweaks, my PotC shooter lane was the same way when I got it, neither the plunger or the autolauncher made it to the top and I guess the owners before me just played it this way.
This is Stern pinballs and pinballs in general, you don't see people dumping their Trons because the disk rubber flew off in the first few games, you just glue it back on and play it.
Too bad more testing wasn't done before it was boxed and rushed out the door but it was and well worth the time to make it play properly.

Sounds great. You know, it'd be really good if you could film a decent video of a well dialled in Avengers showing the game being played by someone who knows how to make it sing. There aren't that many good videos I can find on youtube.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chocky909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-avengers-le-drops-to-62-this-pinball-is-genius?tu=chocky909 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.