Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Fairground
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What team do you support”

• Pies 0 votes
    • Tigers 1 vote
      3%
    • Demons 2 votes
      6%
    • Swans 1 vote
      3%
    • Eagles 4 votes
      11%
    • Crows 1 vote
      3%
    • Dockers 2 votes
      6%
    • Power 4 votes
      11%
    • Giants 0 votes
    • Hawks 4 votes
      11%
    • Blues 4 votes
      11%
    • Saints 2 votes
      6%
    • Dogs 3 votes
      9%
    • Lions 1 vote
      3%
    • Suns 0 votes
    • Bombers 2 votes
      6%
    • Cats 2 votes
      6%
    • Kangaroos 2 votes
      6%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200907_211014 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200907_211036 (resized).jpg
    E1423432-EEFA-480C-8B79-F17567826803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200902_185511 (resized).jpg
    ron (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200625_200731 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200527_232416 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200523_003612 (resized).jpg
    24E04072-B3CF-436C-9692-2A6EED22F924 (resized).jpeg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

Lol no Martin no Richmond, Just jokes. Bit early to say your back. But how did that Burguone get off if that was a crows player with a sling tackle it would have been 3 weeks. Well done though i have had enough of Richmond fans, Reminds me of those Hawthorne fans when they won 3 in a row

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

And this kneeling on one knee shit i used to watch footy to escape the garbage of the real world and now its forced down my throat.

Agree, ok with the message,just keep it out of the game.Every player had no choice but to kneel,if they didn't, imagine the backlash on social media and the affect on their career it could have?

Go Kangas !!

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Now imagine a pinball machine based on the AFL with the wizard mode being winning the premiership!

It would be worse than Dennis lillee's howzat

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Lol no Martin no Richmond, Just jokes. Bit early to say your back. But how did that Burguone get off if that was a crows player with a sling tackle it would have been 3 weeks. Well done though i have had enough of Richmond fans, Reminds me of those Hawthorne fans when they won 3 in a row

I did say hopefully we take out Dangerfield , but it was too little too late .
    Winning all those Grand Finals wasn't all good , it was getting really hard to see out the back window of the car with all those premiership stickers

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Agree, ok with the message,just keep it out of the game.Every player had no choice but to kneel,if they didn't, imagine the backlash on social media and the affect on their career it could have?
    Go Kangas !!

I don't like it when they get involved in political stuff , I watch footy to get away from those things .
    These 14 minute quarters suck .

#56 3 years ago

You do understand kneeling has nothing to do with politics right?

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

You do understand kneeling has nothing to do with politics right?

Politics , social issues - just let them play footy .

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I did say hopefully we take out Dangerfield , but it was too little too late .
    Winning all those Grand Finals wasn't all good , it was getting really hard to see out the back window of the car with all those premiership stickers

When we won back to back i had to take the stickers off my car as living in melbourne my car kept getting keyed.

#59 3 years ago

John Kennedy SR passed away today . He was a legend of the AFL and he made Hawthorn the most successful team of the modern era .
    RIP Kanga

IMG_20200625_200731 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_200731 (resized).jpg
    Don't think ...DO !

#60 3 years ago

Legend of the game.

#61 3 years ago

Geez! looking back at my post #14 saying not sure the Crows year could be worse than last year lol.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Geez! looking back at my post #14 saying not sure the Crows year could be worse than last year lol.

I was really tempted to mention what happened to you guys last week but I'm not gonna kick anyone while they're down ( except for the Bombers )

#63 3 years ago

Best year to bottom out so all good mate. We started the rebuild last year so its great that the new coach is playing the kids.

1 week later
    #64 3 years ago

No footy in Victoria
    With Melbourne in lockdown all the state borders shut the 10 teams have gone interstate .
    I never thought I would see this day

3 weeks later
    #65 3 years ago

Due to the coronavirus we're having 32 games in 19 days . It's going to be hard to keep up with .

1 week later
    #66 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I was really tempted to mention what happened to you guys last week but I'm not gonna kick anyone while they're down ( except for the Bombers )

Settle down ... we've still got more than you!!!

Go the Bombers!!!

Ok so let's not talk about last night ... Not happy Jan!

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Settle down ... we've still got more than you!!!
    Go the Bombers!!!
    Ok so let's not talk about last night ... Not happy Jan!

No worries Manny , your pictures are still sitting here waiting for you

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

No worries Manny , your pictures are still sitting here waiting for you

Thanks mate - hope you're doing alright.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks mate - hope you're doing alright.

I'm fine , I've still got my job , hopefully this Lockdown will end sooner rather than later . I hope everything is going well with you .

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

I'm fine , I've still got my job , hopefully this Lockdown will end sooner rather than later . I hope everything is going well with you .

Yep just working from home. Missus and kids have been crook, all had tests and all negative, so just a std winter flu. At least we've got some footy to watch - so many games being won or lost by a kick. Who you picking for the flag?

Port and Lions are both travelling well although the Lions cleaned them up is round 5. If Lions get into the Granny I'm sure they'll be putting their hand up to host it up there

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Yep just working from home. Missus and kids have been crook, all had tests and all negative, so just a std winter flu. At least we've got some footy to watch - so many games being won or lost by a kick. Who you picking for the flag?
    Port and Lions are both travelling well although the Lions cleaned them up is round 5. If Lions get into the Granny I'm sure they'll be putting their hand up to host it up there

The granny is really up for grabs this year , so many teams could do it , it would be sort of fitting if Port won it in their 150th year .
    The rumour going around is Queensland will host the grand final , they probably deserve to , as they've made exceptions to let us play up there .
    Good to hear you're going well .

3 weeks later
    #72 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Best year to bottom out so all good mate. We started the rebuild last year so its great that the new coach is playing the kids.

It's on Hawks Crows and it looks like we're both trying to lose , we're going for draft picks , crap match so far .

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

It's on Hawks Crows and it looks like we're both trying to lose , we're going for draft picks , crap match so far .

I think the Crows were happy for the win - 1st for the year!!

#74 3 years ago

Why is Ron Barassi on the right slingshot plastic of AFM ?

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

LMAO maybe he's moonlighting??

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

I think the Crows were happy for the win - 1st for the year!!

Would have been nice to win but technically it's better to lower we go .
    How much longer do we have in Lockdown .

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

Would have been nice to win but technically it's better to lower we go .

No, no we weren't tanking ... honest

Quoted from BazilBLast:

How much longer do we have in Lockdown .

Too bloody long!!! .... 11 days and counting ....

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Can either of you to post a picture of Ron , unfortunately I don't have a AFM to look at

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

Can either of you to post a picture of Ron , unfortunately I don't have a AFM to look at

ron (resized).jpgron (resized).jpg
    #80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Lol , that really does look like Ron.

IMG_20200902_185511 (resized).jpgIMG_20200902_185511 (resized).jpg
    #81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

No, no we weren't tanking ... honest

Geez , hopefully we are tanking , I haven't seen us play this bad for so long .
    Given what your Bombers did to us , maybe the boys put some bets on the opposition .

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

Geez , hopefully we are tanking , I haven't seen us play this bad for so long .
    Given what your Bombers did to us , maybe the boys put some bets on the opposition .

LOL well our first half against you guys was pretty ordinary but the second half was more enjoyable

Next up we face the Cats and then Port ... so we might end up down the ladder with you blokes

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

LOL well our first half against you guys was pretty ordinary but the second half was more enjoyable
    Next up we face the Cats and then Port ... so we might end up down the ladder with you blokes

I did enjoy the first half the second not so much .
    I wonder if Danaher will be with you guys next year .

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

I did enjoy the first half the second not so much .
    I wonder if Danaher will be with you guys next year .

I love watching him play and that infectious smile! Hope he does stay but regardless of where he ends up, it's really whether his body can standup to the riggers of playing

#85 3 years ago

First time in over 130 years the granny won't be at the G and it's going to be a night Grand Final . I hate the thought of a night grand final .

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

First time in over 130 years the granny won't be at the G and it's going to be a night Grand Final . I hate the thought of a night grand final .

Yep I do a Grand Final BBQ with mates and their families - going to be a different feel this year ... assuming we're allowed to have people over

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Yep I do a Grand Final BBQ with mates and their families - going to be a different feel this year ... assuming we're allowed to have people over

For me that's the biggest thing , the grand final BBQ and if it goes to a night Grand Final in the future there goes your partying afterwards .
    When the Hawks were in four in a row we had people come from all over , the ones who came from far away would leave around 6 or 7 but no one would want to drive a long distance and have to leave at 10 or 11 .

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

For me that's the biggest thing , the grand final BBQ and if it goes to a night Grand Final in the future there goes your partying afterwards .
    When the Hawks were in four in a row we had people come from all over , the ones who came from far away would leave around 6 or 7 but no one would want to drive a long distance and have to leave at 10 or 11 .

Yep and anyone with young kids will be leaving early or not coming at all

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Yep and anyone with young kids will be leaving early or not coming at all

Yep. They've done a few poles and 90% of the people don't want the time changed , the AFL better listen .

#90 3 years ago

Stateside fan here (Watch AFL Subscriber). What's the latest on Mason Cox & Buddy Franklin? Was Cox "sent down" to the minors?

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from pudealee:

Stateside fan here (Watch AFL Subscriber). What's the latest on Mason Cox & Buddy Franklin? Was Cox "sent down" to the minors?

Cox played last week and went alright ,
    Buddy Franklin is out for the year with hamstrings .
    What's your team ?

#92 3 years ago

I started watching again a few years ago. When I was a teen, and ESPN first started, they had Aussie Rules on the air. That was still when the goal umpires wore white.

When my cable system added Fox Sports 2 a few years back, I started seeing matches again. I eventually got Fox Soccer+, and now WatchAFL. Anyway, I am more of a follower of players, than teams. I don’t have the history. When Roughy was playing I would watch every Hawthorne match I could. I like Betts, Dangerfield, Franklin, and Cox (mainly due to the USA). I would guess Geelong is my go-to now. Waiting for Ablett to get back.

Folks I talk to here can’t comprehend AFL. I tell them, it’s pretty simple. No off-sides, constant action, precision kicking. Never a dull moment.

#93 3 years ago

Hawks are not tanking they are just a year behind the crows i said that very early in the year.
    Found out from my son who works in Age care Bob Skilton is a resident.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Hawks are not tanking they are just a year behind the crows i said that very early in the year.
    Found out from my son who works in Age care Bob Skilton is a resident.

Yep I don't think tanking is Clarko's style - the Hawks have done well in recent years so no surprise they'll drop off as they rebuild. Think they surprised a few teams earlier in the year even with their older list

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Yep I don't think tanking is Clarko's style

We did tank at the very beginning and got buddy and Jordan Lewis

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from pudealee:

That was still when the goal umpires wore white.

Ahh , the good old days

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When espn launched in the early 80s, AFL and strongman competitions were their main properties.

That's when I first watched it. We were always fascinated by the umpire in the coat and hat pointing after a goal then waving the flags.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Have you seen Dipper on LW3 backbox.

E1423432-EEFA-480C-8B79-F17567826803 (resized).jpegE1423432-EEFA-480C-8B79-F17567826803 (resized).jpeg
    #99 3 years ago

Carn the 'Scray!

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Have you seen Dipper on LW3 backbox.
    [quoted image]

LOL - Gold!!

Big game for your fellas tonight ... hopefully you keep your finals chances alive

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-aussie-rules-thread/page/2?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.