Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Fairground
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What team do you support”

• Pies 0 votes
    • Tigers 1 vote
      3%
    • Demons 2 votes
      6%
    • Swans 1 vote
      3%
    • Eagles 4 votes
      11%
    • Crows 1 vote
      3%
    • Dockers 2 votes
      6%
    • Power 4 votes
      11%
    • Giants 0 votes
    • Hawks 4 votes
      11%
    • Blues 4 votes
      11%
    • Saints 2 votes
      6%
    • Dogs 3 votes
      9%
    • Lions 1 vote
      3%
    • Suns 0 votes
    • Bombers 2 votes
      6%
    • Cats 2 votes
      6%
    • Kangaroos 2 votes
      6%

(35 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200907_211014 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200907_211036 (resized).jpg
    E1423432-EEFA-480C-8B79-F17567826803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200902_185511 (resized).jpg
    ron (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200625_200731 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200527_232416 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0507 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200523_003612 (resized).jpg
    24E04072-B3CF-436C-9692-2A6EED22F924 (resized).jpeg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

This thread is all about Australian rules football ( Aussie rules )
    Instead of Random posts in other threads , here is a place for everything footy .

#2 3 years ago

Now imagine a pinball machine based on the AFL with the wizard mode being winning the premiership!

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Now imagine a pinball machine based on the AFL with the wizard mode being winning the premiership!

Apparently it didn't work with the NFL but I think it would be great although we have too small a market .

#4 3 years ago

Here is a place you can talk everything Aussie rules football , the club you love , the rule changes the price of pies at the footy , anything you want .

#5 3 years ago

When will they start the 2020 season? And who's broadcasting it in the US?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

And the leds could be set to your team colours - especially red, white and blue. Go doggies!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

When will they start the 2020 season? And who's broadcasting it in the US?

I don't know about broadcasting in the USA but they are restarting on June 11

#9 3 years ago

Well I thought the overseas guys would get annoyed with us talking footy in the coronavirus thread . There's an NFL thread so I thought we needed an Aussie rules thread .

#10 3 years ago

Well i think the Mighty Hawks and my Beloved Crows are done for the next 5 years. It will be all about Richmond and Collingwood this year to get some kind of money back for the AFL. I am just glad us Crows traded a heap of deadwood this year Jenkins, Betts and some others to get those draft picks. Kinda gold now i think. Everybody is basically a year older and IMO the year is a write off. If we get to the stage where it is a grand final it will always be a suspect one. I don't know if i will bother to watch this year but i must say the UFC was not affected by the lack of crowd some great events happened.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Well i think the Mighty Hawks and my Beloved Crows are done for the next 5 years. It will be all about Richmond and Collingwood this year to get some kind of money back for the AFL. I am just glad us Crows traded a heap of deadwood this year Jenkins, Betts and some others to get those draft picks. Kinda gold now i think. Everybody is basically a year older and IMO the year is a write off. If we get to the stage where it is a grand final it will always be a suspect one. I don't know if i will bother to watch this year but i must say the UFC was not affected by the lack of crowd some great events happened.

I don't know about the Crows but the Hawks are looking really good ,we have put together a great list , and give your Crows a vote in the poll ! I get now why you're pissed at a Vic clubs

#12 3 years ago

Yes Living in Melbourne and going for the Crows you see how biased the AFL is. I think the mighty Hawks have some problems a bit slow for the modern game. You have a lot of knee problems in your team. And some great players are to old. You have the best coach in the business though so we will see you back up in the top 4 in 5 years like us. I actually think you have an older list than us now.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/267078/oldest-youngest-most-experienced-where-does-your-club-rank-

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yes Living in Melbourne and going for the Crows you see how biased the AFL is. I think the mighty Hawks have some problems a bit slow for the modern game. You have a lot of knee problems in your team. And some great players are to old. You have the best coach in the business though so we will see you back up in the top 4 in 5 years like us. I actually think you have an older list than us now.
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/267078/oldest-youngest-most-experienced-where-does-your-club-rank-

Interesting looking at the age of lists , there is only a bit over a year difference between all the teams . I would like to think experience would help make up for any lack of speed .
    I think the 4 oldest teems Collingwood , Geelong , Eagles and the Hawks all have a shot at winning it , also you guys . Most of the Crows issues have been self-inflicted lately . If they sort themselves out , they've got as much as much of a chance as anyone .

#14 3 years ago

We have no depth that normally costs us, but being a shallow season who knows. Our best 22 is decent but when we get injuries we have no one just keep loosing players. Last year was as bad as i have seen and not sure we can get much worse. I do think the older teams will struggle this year, normally the kids fall away at the end of the year but not sure now. My money is on Richmond and Bulldogs. Hawthorne had a great run but it is over. I hope we get half your success in the next 20 years and i would be happy.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Hawthorne had a great run but it is over. I hope we get half your success in the next 20 years and i would be happy.

As a hawks supporter I've been very lucky .
    I grew up in Hawthorn , that's why I support them . Thank fuck I didn't grow up in St Kilda

#16 3 years ago

Go Tigers!

#17 3 years ago

Does anyone support the pies?

Go pies! Or is the something else down under?

24E04072-B3CF-436C-9692-2A6EED22F924 (resized).jpeg24E04072-B3CF-436C-9692-2A6EED22F924 (resized).jpeg

#18 3 years ago

Semper fi.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Does anyone support the pies?
    Go pies! Or is the something else down under?
    [quoted image]

Ha Ha that's funny .
    Unfortunately my wife supports the pies
    The Collingwood Football Club has a magpie as it's emblem . We like to shorten everything so the magpies just becomes the pies .
    I used the club emblems for the team names , which alot of people use .
    Pies - Collingwood
    Demons - Melbourne
    Eagles - West Coast
    Dockers - Fremantle
    Giants - Greater Western Sydney
    Blues - Carlton
    Dogs - Footscray
    Suns - Gold Coast
    Cats - Geelong
    Tigers - Richmond
    Swans - Sydney
    Crows - Adelaide
    Power - Port Adelaide
    Hawks - Hawthorn
    Saints - St Kilda
    Lions - Brisbane
    Bombers - Essendon
    Kangaroos - North Melbourne

IMG_20200523_003612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200523_003612 (resized).jpg
    #20 3 years ago

My partner is a pies supporter....... he loves you get free dental with membership

IMG_0507 (resized).JPGIMG_0507 (resized).JPG
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fairground:

My partner is a pies supporter....... he loves you get free dental with membership
    [quoted image]

I had a loose tooth and I asked the dentist is it going to be alright , I don't want to look like a pies supporter he just laughed and said " everyone says that . "

#22 3 years ago

15 days until the footy starts , yay
    The Hawks play the cats in Geelong for the first time in 14 years , should be interesting .

IMG_20200527_232416 (resized).jpgIMG_20200527_232416 (resized).jpg
    #23 3 years ago

John Kennedy senior was made and official legend of the AFL last night . He's the person that set Hawthorn up to be the most successful club in the last 60 years . He's also responsible for one of the most famous speeches in footy .

#24 3 years ago

While we're waiting for the footy to restart ...
    This is the biggest bump I recall seeing , anyone else got any bigger , doesn't matter what sport .

#25 3 years ago

Ooof. That made my neck hurt just watching it.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

Ooof. That made my neck hurt just watching it.

There has to be some NFL big hits .

#27 3 years ago

The footy is finally about to start again , yay

#28 3 years ago

https://www.watchafl.com.au/ if you're a non Aussie and you want to watch. (20 AUD per month.)

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Odinius:

https://www.watchafl.com.au/ if you're a non Aussie and you want to watch. (20 AUD per month.)

Do you have a team , do you watch it over in Oslo

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Do you have a team , do you watch it over in Oslo

Port Adelaide and try to watch as much as I can Also play for the Oslo Crows (first training of the year today!)

#31 3 years ago

That's great to hear , go Oslo Crows !

#32 3 years ago

I’m an NFL fan and know that game well. I have watched some Aussie football. I’m not understanding the rules tho. Any reco of a video or site to learn the rules / strategy better?

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

I’m an NFL fan and know that game well. I have watched some Aussie football. I’m not understanding the rules tho. Any reco of a video or site to learn the rules / strategy better?

Nobody knows to rules over here they keep changing them
    I did find this site
    https://www.rulesofsport.com/sports/aussie-rules-football.html
    Happy to answer any questions you might have .

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

The first one is pretty basic, the second one more in depth. Helped me when I started watching the game.

#35 3 years ago

Thanks very much! I’ll check the site and videos out.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Odinius:

The first one is pretty basic, the second one more in depth. Helped me when I started watching the game.

I was trying to download that but my phone went offline

#37 3 years ago

Wow great game . Pies - Tigers 36 all , second time they've had a draw in over 100 years .

#38 3 years ago

When espn launched in the early 80s, AFL and strongman competitions were their main properties. My dad played some rugby in South Africa in the 70s and would be shouting at the tv "look at the crazy sons of bitches. They're killing each other. This is great"

Whenever chaos started happening in gym class, on the field, etc... We'd yell "Aussie rules"

Quoted from screaminr:

Nobody knows to rules over here they keep changing them

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When espn launched in the early 80s, AFL and strongman competitions were their main properties. My dad played some rugby in South Africa in the 70s and would be shouting at the tv "look at the crazy sons of bitches. They're killing each other. This is great"

That's how I've heard most Americans know about Aussie rules .

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Whenever chaos started happening in gym class, on the field, etc... We'd yell "Aussie rules"

That's funny as . From the outside it must look pretty chaotic but it's very simple really .
    Overseas people think Australia is rugby but only two states are in to rugby , the rest of the country is Aussie rules .

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Wow great game . Pies - Tigers 36 all , second time they've had a draw in over 100 years .

Game was terrible turned it off and Played Elvira. Only got to the first QTR. Seen the score at the end of the game and the Pies only scored 11 points since Qtr time. That is a joke just as bad as Women's Footy mate. This game is broken now and will never recover. And this kneeling on one knee shit i used to watch footy to escape the garbage of the real world and now its forced down my throat. Ok enough of my rant back to the program.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Game was terrible turned it off and Played Elvira. Only got to the first QTR. Seen the score at the end of the game and the Pies only scored 11 points since Qtr time. That is a joke just as bad as Women's Footy mate. This game is broken now and will never recover. And this kneeling on one knee shit i used to watch footy to escape the garbage of the real world and now its forced down my throat. Ok enough of my rant back to the program.

If you only got to the first quarter you did miss a lot of good play's even though it was a low scoring game .
    I agree the AFL shouldn't get involved in political discussions no matter what they are .
    Looks like you're Crows are self destructing again .

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/crows-kyle-hartigan-and-billy-frampton-captured-in-intense-training-scuffle/news-story/e17c01956f99f1f24030554a79544616

#42 3 years ago

I hope the Crows bottom out this year, It is a pretend season anyway hopefully the kids just spend time in the Gym. I think it was brilliant that they came to blows it means they give a shit. The kid having his Debut for us my son worked with his brother so may watch a few mins before playing Elvira. I am Damn Addicted to that machine. The grounds they play on these days should not produce scores like that. Doedee back for us this week so glad to see him back after a knee missed him last year.

#43 3 years ago

Your first game in Geelong for 14 years did i read that correctly? Thats just as biased as Carlton and playing in Adelaide i think it was like 10 times at our home ground and 30+ for us to travel to Carlton's. Seriously how does this happen? Anyway best of luck and i hope you guys snipe Dangerfield for us

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Your first game in Geelong for 14 years did i read that correctly? Thats just as biased as Carlton and playing in Adelaide i think it was like 10 times at our home ground and 30+ for us to travel to Carlton's. Seriously how does this happen? Anyway best of luck and i hope you guys snipe Dangerfield for us

Elvira does look really good .
    Yes we haven't played in Geelong for 14 years we play at the MCG for the big crowds and it's financially good for both clubs .
    Hopefully we take out danger in the first quarter

#45 3 years ago

screaminr Hawks looked old and very slow mate. I actually think your a year behind us it was so cold last night i actually watched a game. I thought Geelong would slide this year but thinking they are contenders they did look sharp. If they grab Doedee or Talia from us next year and let Harry Taylor go flag for sure.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

screaminr Hawks looked old and very slow mate. I actually think your a year behind us it was so cold last night i actually watched a game. I thought Geelong would slide this year but thinking they are contenders they did look sharp. If they grab Doedee or Talia from us next year and let Harry Taylor go flag for sure.

We were terrible against the cats in the second half . I'm trying to stay positive , it was the first game back we were playing on a weird oval , blah blah blah .
    I think a really good test for us will be playing the tiger's this Thursday at the G . If we can get a win I think we will be back on track .
    Your Crows need to pull their thumb out as well .

#47 3 years ago

Nope your done and so are we. I want to be done anyway we need some top draft picks. Playing a lot of pinball these days so not much footy for me anyway. I watched a few mins of the Adelaide game and it was a few minutes to many lol. So glad Elvira is the new pin in the house

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Nope your done and so are we. I want to be done anyway we need some top draft picks. Playing a lot of pinball these days so not much footy for me anyway. I watched a few mins of the Adelaide game and it was a few minutes to many lol. So glad Elvira is the new pin in the house

Lucky you had Elvira to distract you from what Port did to the Crows

#49 3 years ago

Pretty much. Seriously do not watch much these days anyway. We need to tank and get some decent picks. Do a Hawthorne I reckon and rebuild with top draft picks.

#50 3 years ago

We're back baby ! Hawthorn flogged Richmond 39 to 71

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-aussie-rules-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.