Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jgel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7031 (resized).JPG
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders,

I am going to be passing through Asheville, NC in June. I will be making a stop at the Pinball Museum to spend a day playing some pinball. My question is, who all has been there before? What pinballs should I concentrate my time on. Since my time is limited, I don't want to miss any really good pinballs.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Was just there last weekend. TC and John have a great thing going and are super nice guys. Not sure what I would "concentrate" on...inventory changes as everything is for sale. Mostly early SS and DMD machines. Very nice example of Black Hole.

-Scott

#3 10 years ago

I've been there twice in the past six months and it's a great place. Nice guys and super cheap to play as long as you want. Their inventory does change quite a bit, here is a link to their most recent craigslist ad. I've been talking to them about a couple of their games and hope to make it up sometime in the next few weeks.

asheville.craigslist.org link

I am especially thankful for them because they helped get my 5 yr old into pinball. It was either go there with me or look at antiques and vintage clothing with his mom. He played for a couple of hours and found out he really liked it, so now I have a pinball buddy to play with me at home.

#4 10 years ago

Yes You will enjoy a visit to The Ashville Pinball Museum! The machines are always changing so the inventory will not be the same in June as it is today.Its a Great place to spend an afternoon playing games from early woodrails to late DMD Games.TC is a great person and a asset to the Pinball Hobby.

#5 9 years ago

Awesome! I cannot wait. Thanks for the info.

1 month later
    #6 9 years ago

Just got back from asheville. The pinball museum was great! Spent all day there. Spent most of my time playing IJ and AF, but got to play all the machines. Also, they just bought a Hercules. That game is hilarious. All in all, I was very impressed. Also, the prices on all their machines are very reasonable. Nothing overpriced IMO. Anyone who hasn't been, must check this place out. My wife is only a casual pinballer, but she even got the bug and stayed all day. Great times!

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

We played that Hercules on Saturday, it was a lot of fun. My 5 yr old could not believe what he was seeing

It's definitely a great place, and awesome to see it so packed on a Friday night and all day Saturday.

#8 9 years ago

Awesome. I was there all day Saturday too. I'm sure we crossed paths. Can't wait to roll through asheville again.

#9 9 years ago

I have never heard of this place before, but we have a trip scheduled to that area. Is this a museum or a store that sells pinballs (or both)?

#10 9 years ago

It's an arcade/store, it's around $10 to play all day and they have about 35-40 pinball machines, all set on free play. They are charging a quarter/play for Hercules. All the games are all for sale as well (not sure about Hercules). If you are in Asheville you have to spend some time there, it's a great place and Asheville is a very cool town.

#11 9 years ago

Is this establishment open 7 days a week??

#12 9 years ago

They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

#13 9 years ago

I still need to get by the museum. Each time I've been to Asheville since it's opened, I just haven't had time for one reason or another. I talked with TC on the phone once, and he's a super nice guy. Hopefully, a long weekend to Asheville this fall will be in order and I can spend a day there!

2 years later
    #14 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I talked with TC on the phone once, and he's a super nice guy.

here, here! I was there yesterday... the place is thriving and TC provides an excellent introduction to the people in LINE as he opens the door. This is great place to visit and it is in an active neighborhood for any non-pinball folks in your group. My son spent some time reading in the library one block away while my wife browsed the many storefronts in the immediate area.

Prior to the museum opening we had lunch at Mellow Mushroom Pizza about 3 blocks away - that was quite good as well!

Park in the library garage if you can - free for the first hour and only $1.00 per hour afterward.

Rob at the APMRob at the APM

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

1 month later
    #15 6 years ago

Headed back today!! Can't wait as I've never been to the new location and it's been like 3 years since the last time I went.

#16 6 years ago

Okay, I'm having a custom hammered dulcimer that's being made for me in Asheville right now and was considering driving down to pick it up. This might have just made my decision for me...

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I'm having a custom hammered dulcimer that's being made for me in Asheville right now and was considering driving down to pick it up. This might have just made my decision for me...

Do it... and report back! Drive through Roanoke,VA on the way down (sort of) and visit the museum there as well. I couldn't find the link but I think there is a new place in Richmond, VA as well.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#18 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm figuring while I'm down there I can seek out @mk6pin, ring his doorbell, and really creep him the f**k out.

#19 6 years ago

Didn't know about this place. Sounds like a road trip over the ridge when the overtime let's up.

#20 6 years ago

Ill be passing through there tomorrow on my way from tampa to gatlinburg, i may have to stop by as well!

#21 6 years ago

If you go on a weekend get there early (before it opens). Line forms early and they only let in about 45 initially, then everyone else waits until other players leave. Downtown has opened several more high end hotels in the last year, still building more and with all the beer hype the tourist business here is booming. So lately when I have driven or walked by his place I sometimes see lines of people waiting to get in.
    If you can't find parking on the street there are several public garages near by.

#22 6 years ago

Yes, come to Richmond! www.richmondpinballcollective.org

Quoted from rkahr:

Do it... and report back! Drive through Roanoke,VA on the way down (sort of) and visit the museum there as well. I couldn't find the link but I think there is a new place in Richmond, VA as well.
    -Rob

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Come on over the mountain on I26 and visit Silverball City in downtown Johnson City and then another 40 minutes north you can stop by the drive in and play 65 more pinball here.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Come on over the mountain on I26 and visit Silverball City in downtown Johnson City and then another 40 minutes north you can stop by the drive in and play 65 more pinball here.

If I start listening to you guys, I'll turn into @nicovolta. Better start printing t-shirts for my tour...

#26 6 years ago

I was in Asheville on a business trip this week and was there for 4 hours on Thursday. Good time. Got to play a bunch of games and they sell beer. I would be there all the time if I lived there. $15 for unlimited play. Lots of arcade games as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-asheville-pinball-museum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.