Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2signs247-thumb-500x345-13502.jpg
    IMG_9491.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    image.jpg
    arcade-066.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 7 years ago

Just after Christmas, my wife & I went there and spent most of the day there playing pinball, playing around the broken features on all of the pins. You could not qualify TNT on their AC/DC Prem because the switch would not register that the "N" was knocked down. A flipper wasn't working on Family Guy. Wires were hanging that the ball would hit in the outlane on Mustang. Most of the GI was out on Addams Family. Pops did not work at all on Jurassic Park. There were a few others that I currently do not remember. At the end of the night, we pointed out all of the problems to the young man that was managing that night and he wrote down most of these things and said he would get them fixed and did not know about most of those issues. We came back the following Tuesday to use up a expiring Groupon, and only the inoperable flipper was fixed.

Quoted from nosro:

Does anyone know what the story is? It seems like it has fallen quite far from what it was originally, including when it was part of the Shark Club.

Jumping to my own conclusions from my experiences over the last couple of years going there ... He had many fully working pinball machines there a couple of years ago and was real popular in the local area. Then, when the market price of pins took off, he started flipping and selling off what he could (to make a big profit). I even bought one of his pins and was too slow to buy one or two other ones. At one point he was down to only about 8-10 pins. Those wrapped up arcade games are "typically" games he just bought or are ready to go out the door on a sale. Again, just my opinion, but I think he is primarily just focused on flipping machines. The arcade business part of it has REALLY gone downhill. We're likely not going back there for a long, long while until we hear things have gotten better there. That's why we bought our last 2 pins and maybe 1 more future pin this year - for our own pinball arcade with our top favorite pins. We currently think this is better as we do not have a "good" pinball arcade in our area anymore. Sad. We kind of hear that here on pinside too. Arcades are dying, likely because the profits just are not there. It seems that placing them at established businesses (with the primarly focus on something else ... like a barcade) is what still remains out there. We have not found much of anything in our area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-brighton-mi-full-review?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.