Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2signs247-thumb-500x345-13502.jpg
    IMG_9491.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    image.jpg
    arcade-066.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from OrdealByFire:

Pinside's Pinball Pete's page makes it sound like 80% of the machines are in "really rough" condition. Sounds like it may be in need of an update.

They've gotten better as of late, but it's still dicey. Luckily they've really been buying a lot of new games (LEs no less) like the old days, so those are good. There are still a bunch working at various levels of acceptable-ness, and still a few that have been turned off for years.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The attendant would not let me pull the glass and fix it, so it just got turned off.

They do not have keys to the machines @ PP.

#67 8 years ago

Pinball Pete employee has such a list behind the counter and they should be writing the things down you tell them, to be serviced and taken off the list by a manager. At least, that's the way we used to do it.

Quoted from vid1900:

Look at what the new Pinheads always write about the PHOF.

Runs in the family

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, but aren't all the games broken there?

When I get done playing them usually

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

As the current manager of the Ann Arbor location, I have a monumental task ahead, please understand that it will take time.

Sarge is back in charge!

Quoted from cfh:

those small girl hands can't break nothing!

snap your F*&^ing neck they will.

2 months later
    #100 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Aren't flat fees setup to avoid coin drop tax stickers?

Michigan doens't have that garbage as fair as I've ever heard

1 week later
    #108 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Micky Rat's was a good AA place for finding a fight.

A2signs247-thumb-500x345-13502.jpg

And then that became another Petes; That was a good location.

Dave also ran "Study Break" arcade in the Union; no shortage of "creepy rumors" aboot him; might have been what got him murdered

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/12/ann_arbor_man_killed_in_his_ap.html

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Q. Why did Pete's move several times?

They didn't, they gained more spaces.

South University Petes expanded/absorbed Spectrum Jewlers next door, and finally closed doors after getting the basement space across the street in The Galleria Mall. It burned down years after it was closed...total shithole and some "interesting" people living upstairs.

"Upstairs" Petes on William, old Micky Rats as seen above, closed in probably late 1999. Some silly employees playing cards for quarters on the pool table may or may not have had anything to do with it, but the police did take evidence and contact owners (you may or may not be welcome for that).

Petes moved in to Packard location after taking over for Tony who also owned a Players Choice in Northville. Tony still owns a camera shop in Livonia last I heard...I bought my RBION from him after unknowingly answering a CL add.
    Before Tony Brad owned it when it was named "Double Focus," as the owner owned a camera shop "Focus Photo" in town.
    Petes dumped that location and I think moved those games to Galleria & South U Petes...probably around 97-98?
    At the height there were 4 Petes in Ann Arbor, 1 in East Lansing, and 1 in Lansing.
    That space has been absorbed by Expresso Royale/Atlanta Bread Company...whatever the hell is there now.

This was in addition to many other arcade locations in town over the years.
    Study Break in the Union, Simulation Station, Great Escape, Bicycle something,

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

"Bicycle Bill" Loy.

I actually meant there was a place on Galleria side called Bombay Bicycle or some such crap that was an arcade. It was close in name to another place, but it was separate; they had free popcorn!

But oh yeah i remember the Student Bike shop; classic ann arbor

#122 8 years ago

I don't think anyone on this thread is young enough to be a hipster

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Between the hair, the skull gloves, and the fact that you live in AA, I think he's referring to you....
    Later,
    EV

Good lord.

#127 8 years ago

They just "swanked" up the bowling ally by my house and added a cheesy ass redemption room to stuff the kids into.
    It's just sad.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Only hipsters wear magnet gloves

Being better than all of you at pinball is not a crime

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

So if you have anything for sale at a reasonable price he is buying. he would like to re-populate his pinball inventory for people to play.

Might have a NGG up in a week

#147 8 years ago

Aut Bar is actually a pretty sweet bar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-brighton-mi-full-review?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.